CGY/HSK ; S52 off-season

Higgins

Only 2 players in the S54 draft are worth first overall, Kendrick and Dollar. Obviously Kendrick is not an option so the way I look at it I would have been gambling my future (goaltending future nonetheless) on the chance I got Dollar. Also what are the chances I even get first overall? Certainly not a long shot but with Toronto having an equal to or worse roster I wasnt seeing it. I was offered a shitty first and shitty second for Solas, thats not his value, you guys know that and dont think you realize what I was offered.

Helsinki gets who? Federov? I wouldnt touch that. Gretzky? He doesnt suite my needs. So I traded player and picks I didnt need for something I did. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Granted as I'm sure @Kendrick will confirm, probably at best a 2.47 percent chance he plays for Kesler as GM. So you win some you lose some I guess.....

:cig:

No, I'd play for him. I don't see why not. The guy has one of the least successful GM tenures but I don't think that would keep me away from backstopping his team.

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No, I'd play for him. I don't see why not. The guy has one of the least successful GM tenures but I don't think that would keep me away from backstopping his team.

Clearly you dont even know my win % as GM.

18 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Only 2 players in the S54 draft are worth first overall, Kendrick and Dollar. Obviously Kendrick is not an option so the way I look at it I would have been gambling my future (goaltending future nonetheless) on the chance I got Dollar. Also what are the chances I even get first overall? Certainly not a long shot but with Toronto having an equal to or worse roster I wasnt seeing it. I was offered a shitty first and shitty second for Solas, thats not his value, you guys know that and dont think you realize what I was offered.

Helsinki gets who? Federov? I wouldnt touch that. Gretzky? He doesnt suite my needs. So I traded player and picks I didnt need for something I did. 

Your never going to be as good as Helsinki. You assured that with this trade. You allowed them to get better now and stay better in the future with valuable picks in good drafts while your rebuilding. Its not meant as a shot but these are the types of deals that continue to allow the "good teams" to have longer competitive runs while the franchises that have struggled stay that way despite one or two seasons of dominance if they are lucky. 

Despite you getting Jacob it's a very short sighted deal. You needed a franchise goalie and were willing to pay no matter the cost. But goalies are plenty, so overpaying as harsh as you did when Helsinki is not that much older as a team puts you at a severe disadvantage. 

29 minutes ago, Devise said:

Your never going to be as good as Helsinki. You assured that with this trade. You allowed them to get better now and stay better in the future with valuable picks in good drafts while your rebuilding. Its not meant as a shot but these are the types of deals that continue to allow the "good teams" to have longer competitive runs while the franchises that have struggled stay that way despite one or two seasons of dominance if they are lucky. 

Despite you getting Jacob it's a very short sighted deal. You needed a franchise goalie and were willing to pay no matter the cost. But goalies are plenty, so overpaying as harsh as you did when Helsinki is not that much older as a team puts you at a severe disadvantage. 

Grammar: 0/2

"your" = "you're"

4 hours ago, Devise said:

This is how I am gonna build my team and I believe this move made Calgary's future brighter. I have my methods of making teams and you have yours as well as your opinion to say this was a on-sided deal. 

I've always thought having an admin/mod on your team always made it more attractive to players. I wouldn't mind playing for Calgary just because Higgins and Jardy are on the team. If you have a GM that people may not be comfortable with, having figureheads on that team will definitely allow them to have a draw they might not otherwise have.

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

oh look higgins manipulating the rules again? much surprise right @Kendrick

I don't see this one? Am I missing something. Just looks like a lopsided trade. Although I do have to wonder was the GM tag transferred to Black Velvet like the greg situation? I thought Jacob was the GM Player. Or was that before the rule was solidified? It's hard to keep track of when things came into effect.

Although, Jacob could go his whole career without updating a single time more and we'd wonder what the fuck is going on.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I don't see this one? Am I missing something. Just looks like a lopsided trade. Although I do have to wonder was the GM tag transferred to Black Velvet like the greg situation? I thought Jacob was the GM Player. Or was that before the rule was solidified? It's hard to keep track of when things came into effect.

Although, Jacob could go his whole career without updating a single time more and we'd wonder what the fuck is going on.

jacob was drafted by helsinki to be the gm player but he transferred the tag to velvet after the trade

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

jacob was drafted by helsinki to be the gm player but he transferred the tag to velvet after the trade

Ahh okay makes sense now. That was before the rule was put in place now where GM Players cant be transferred, yeah?

6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Ahh okay makes sense now. That was before the rule was put in place now where GM Players cant be transferred, yeah?

It was before. This was the thing that made us take a look at it seriously, because the Corco-Devise trade was decently fair.

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

It was before. This was the thing that made us take a look at it seriously, because the Corco-Devise trade was decently fair.

Yeah makes sense. I'm glad it's resolved as that was a silly part of the whole 2nd player thing.

Still though, Jacob could just sit on his current TPE for the rest of his career.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Yeah makes sense. I'm glad it's resolved as that was a silly part of the whole 2nd player thing.

Still though, Jacob could just sit on his current TPE for the rest of his career.

Yeah but we can't call Higgins on that. If Kesler wants to make a stupid trade we have to look at him for fucking up. If it wasn't a Blue Team member nobody would be like "Fucking Devise manipulating the rules". As a GM, Higgins was given the chance to fleece a guy and he did it. It was good for his franchise.

Yeah but we can't call Higgins on that. If Kesler wants to make a stupid trade we have to look at him for fucking up. If it wasn't a Blue Team member nobody would be like "Fucking Devise manipulating the rules". As a GM, Higgins was given the chance to fleece a guy and he did it. It was good for his franchise.

Oh I agree just saying it would somewhat ruin the integrity if a blue team guy did that (not saying he is or would) but just an avenue that leads down a dark road.

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Oh I agree just saying it would somewhat ruin the integrity if a blue team guy did that (not saying he is or would) but just an avenue that leads down a dark road.

For sure, but I feel like we generally hold each other accountable around here, Blue Team included.

Except for @JardyB10 and his rigging. Seriously, fuck that guy.

For sure, but I feel like we generally hold each other accountable around here, Blue Team included.

Except for @JardyB10 and his rigging. Seriously, fuck that guy.

I blame @scotty, he rigged the entire first 8 years of the league so Campbell could be good.

On 1/25/2017 at 2:10 PM, Pablo said:

You guys are overvaluing S54 way too much unless you see something in S54 in which I dont.

well season 54 is much better now then it was then but you didnt know that I suppose. Does Calgary have a first round pick at all?