CGY/HSK ; S52 off-season

Higgins

• Commissioner
51 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

So why the heck is Jacob still in the minors and why does he only have 200-something TPE as a S53 draftee. Something looks fishy.

Not fishy at all, I have the same thing.

The way the VHLM operates for players already drafted (thus the S53 class) is that at the start of the season you cannot be above 175 TPE + 25 TPE banked. Also, at no point during the season can you update past 175 TPE or you are auto-called up. You can bank as much as you want during the season so long as you don't actually apply any of it and you were beneath that threshold to start the season.

For example, I was at 173 TPE at the start of the VHLM season. I used 2 TPE more after the cutouff date to get me to 175. At that point I stopped using any of my earned TPE and started banking it instead. I can bank as much as I want so long as I don't actually apply any of it.

No one with more than 175 TPE applied can stay in the VHLM but as long as the TPE after that point is banked you can stay down.

Edited by Beketov

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Not fishy at all, I have the same thing.

The way the VHLM operates for players already drafted (thus the S53 class) is that at the start of the season you cannot be above 175 TPE + 25 TPE banked. Also, at no point during the season can you update past 175 TPE or you are auto-called up. You can bank as much as you want during the season so long as you don't actually apply any of it and you were beneath that threshold to start the season.

For example, I was at 173 TPE at the start of the VHLM season. I used 2 TPE more after the cutouff date to get me to 175. At that point I stopped using any of my earned TPE and started banking it instead. I can bank as much as I want so long as I don't actually apply any of it.

No one with more than 175 TPE applied can stay in the VHLM but as long as the TPE after that point is banked you can stay down.

And why would someone want to stay down in the VHLM for another season? I thought achievement tracker bonuses could only be earned once. Does his 8-year retirement counter not start until he plays his first VHL game?

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

And why would someone want to stay down in the VHLM for another season? I thought achievement tracker bonuses could only be earned once. Does his 8-year retirement counter not start until he plays his first VHL game?

The auto-retirement starts as soon as you're drafted regardless of when you play your first game. You can earn the achievement tracker more than once though, you just can't if you join partway through the season and are eligible for the next draft (S55 players this year). In my case, for example, instead of going up to Toronto to lose all year I decided it was better to stay down and get the bonus TPE that comes from the VHLM (though I haven't been the best at doing so). Sure, I lose a year of my career but the year was going to be more or less wasted anyway with how deep in a rebuild we are so why kill my stats for it?

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The auto-retirement starts as soon as you're drafted regardless of when you play your first game. You can earn the achievement tracker more than once though, you just can't if you join partway through the season and are eligible for the next draft (S55 players this year). In my case, for example, instead of going up to Toronto to lose all year I decided it was better to stay down and get the bonus TPE that comes from the VHLM (though I haven't been the best at doing so). Sure, I lose a year of my career but the year was going to be more or less wasted anyway with how deep in a rebuild we are so why kill my stats for it?

Ah thanks, makes a bit more sense now. You probably haven't been doing the best at bonuses because you claiming goals gets you more than +/- :P

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Ah thanks, makes a bit more sense now. You probably haven't been doing the best at bonuses because you claiming goals gets you more than +/- :P

Makes no difference, it's capped at 20 and points gets me 15 so anything above 5 gets me the max anyway (+/- gets me 6). I could change it but it makes no difference anyway.

Wat I meant was that I haven't been posting much for the free 1 TPE per week which isn't a lot but it's free.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Makes no difference, it's capped at 20 and points gets me 15 so anything above 5 gets me the max anyway (+/- gets me 6). I could change it but it makes no difference anyway.

Wat I meant was that I haven't been posting much for the free 1 TPE per week which isn't a lot but it's free.

So pretty much you are telling me the extra TPE that you get for burning an extra season in the minors equals max 20 from the achievement tracker and whatever you get from VHLM fantasy?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

So pretty much you are telling me the extra TPE that you get for burning an extra season in the minors equals max 20 from the achievement tracker and whatever you get from VHLM fantasy?

20 from Achievement Tracker, 1 per week from the weekly camp (which I haven't bothered doing I'll admit) and whatever you can get from VHLM fantasy. Would probably even out to around 30 TPE for most people. It's not a lot but it's more than I'd get being up (and I'm still earning the same amount myself, I just can't add it in yet) and I'm getting basically the same amount done since the team sucks in the VHL anyway.

Some people would rather not waste the year. I look at it as the year is a wash anyway because of where the team is so I'll take the free TPE.

• Commissioner
Just now, Molholt said:

Obviously didn't see Max Molholt's 101 and 120 point seasons when Toronto sucked. 

Molholt wasn't a defenseman. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't the only player on the roster haha

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Molholt wasn't a defenseman. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't the only player on the roster haha

You're right, in S45 he had Joseph Roy III, Zachary Young and Alistar Graves. They helped him stat pad :P 

Stats are stats - in the career totals section, missing an entire season is a huge hit.

Edited by Molholt

Just for comparison @Beketov in World B. Free's rookie season, a completely welfare guy - on a roster with rookie Parechkin, sophomore Max and Chuck Goody - Free put up 63 points and 293 hits. Not league leading or anything, but pretty good compared to 0 and 0. 

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That's another thing. If we have empty rosters in the VHL, and a lack of enough GM's as mentioned previously, why don't we contract.

• Commissioner
Just now, punkhippie said:

That's another thing. If we have empty rosters in the VHL, and a lack of enough GM's as mentioned previously, why don't we contract.

That's a discussion that belongs in a completely different section than a trade.

4 hours ago, Molholt said:

Just for comparison @Beketov in World B. Free's rookie season, a completely welfare guy - on a roster with rookie Parechkin, sophomore Max and Chuck Goody - Free put up 63 points and 293 hits. Not league leading or anything, but pretty good compared to 0 and 0. 

i know im feeling regret now with Muller

The other thing is that with a goalie it actually can fuck over your stats. Skater stats are all additive, but a goalie works off a percentage. So a bad rookie season can fuck over your career stats. Nothing fishy about Jacob wanting to stay down for CAL's rebuild season.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

The other thing is that with a goalie it actually can fuck over your stats. Skater stats are all additive, but a goalie works off a percentage. So a bad rookie season can fuck over your career stats. Nothing fishy about Jacob wanting to stay down for CAL's rebuild season.

Calgary rebuilding for all 8 seasons of Jacob tho.

18 hours ago, Jericho said:

And the thing is, for a rookie goalie on a bad team, that bad season is going to hold more weight than future seasons (at least as far as save percentage is concerned) because assuming the team improves and that goalie doesn't consistently have 2500+ shots against.