Claimed: Here's The Best Way To Fix The League's Recruitment Issue

Tagger

While the VHL has had quite a bit of luck recently with getting members who had been in the VHL in the past to return for a second stint (Jericho, Corco, Anderson, etc.), the league is still having problems when it comes to both getting new members to join the league and keeping the few new members that they get to stick around. In a way it’s understandable that bringing in new blood gets more difficult as time passes. Back when the league started in 2007, the online gaming scene for sports games was not nearly as big as it currently is today and while I can’t speak for the NHL franchise, I know that the FIFA and Madden franchises were still limited to simple exhibition matchups. Nowadays, you can create a player and play with or compete against your friends online with that player, a much more interactive option than the VHL provides.

So what can the VHL do to help bring more eyes onto its product? Well, I have an idea. It’s not a cheap one, it’ll probably take a lot of our donation money right down the toilet, but it’s one that will get more people who wouldn’t have even considered getting involved with the VHL excited to join the league.

We make the VHL more real.

Now that statement may sound ridiculous. How do we make the VHL, where users create fake players to enter a fake hockey league where a simulator decides fake results in which fake players then go on to win fake championships, real?

Simple, we get more REAL people involved.

We need to hire “actors” to play the roles of our VHL players in the real world. That way, the achievements that currently only get talked about on the site can get spread into the real world! For example, we can have a Scandinavian actor (or any other nationality so long as he can put on a convincing Swedish accent) in New York play the role of Joel Jarvi. He can visit ice rinks and set up autograph sessions where he can talk about his achievements in the VHL. We can arrange for him to do talks in schools about how he was able to carry a Cologne team that had barely anyone on it to solid success. We can have the actor Jarvi pitch “the Jarvi story” to book publishers, and if they buy into it, then we can make an impromptu autobiography of Joel Jarvi to be released into the public!

Think about how many eyes we can bring to the VHL if we start using real people to play the roles of our fake people! Think of the possibilities!

Film VHL the movie, with lesser hockey players playing VHL roles. Actually make it a  series where we cover the 50 in 50 but in video form with recreations. 

Man, if only we had that kind of money, we could do some stupid beautiful things.

11 minutes ago, Ahma said:

Swedish accent for a Finnish player? lol what

I don't put any research into these anymore. All I knew was he was Team Scandinavia

I am on board with this.

I think it would be cool to put up flyers even. I know some of these fuckers live close to downtown Vancouver or in it, like brovy or Frank or some shit. They should hang up some flyers on their commute to school or work or whatever. :P

16 hours ago, Salt said:

I don't put any research into these anymore. All I knew was he was Team Scandinavia

you should be able to tell the difference in name. I thought you're English, not some stewpid 'merican :P