How I've Been

Doomsday

You're probably reading this right now wondering, "What the hell, where's the Jethro Novacek articles?" To that, I simply say relax, they will be returning. But, after a long hiatus, I felt it best to abuse the 590 article to let you guys catch up on how I've been without it being hidden in some thread and also getting Charles Murphy a precious point of TPE.

First things first, I got married last September. All jokes aside, no, that's not why I stopped coming around (I think that had already happened by then, my concept of time with that is considerably off). But a new job, new home and new family (no, no babies yet!) didn't help towards a return. Despite being away, the VHL was on my mind quite a bit during my absence. Whether it was the folks I'm friends with on the Facepage (happy 112th birthday by the way, Austin), watching the Flyers blunder their way through the season to simply missing writing, I absolutely missed this community. But the VHL is a place where at least to me, I've always felt that you either gave 100% or you gave nothing. Nothing keeps you from giving 100% like your laptop taking a crap and going down for the count. But luckily for me, a $70 notebook courtesy of the Facepage Marketplace means I can type without using a small touch screen again, which means writing point tasks is no longer worse than an aggravated sexual assault through a colonoscopy. 

Yes, I am still re-enacting the Civil War and World War II. No, we still haven't won either of them yet. I've now been a season ticket holder of the Reading Royals, the ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, for two seasons now. I even got to cover them sort of professionally for a season through a website, complete with a press pass and access to the locker room for post-game interviews. It was a great experience, but GoDaddy jacked up our website's monthly payments and we couldn't keep up. They also own all of our content due to it, so I can't even show you guys what I got to do or even prove I did it. Fuck you Danica Patrick, you still suck.

But I am thrilled to be back and it's definitely pleasantly surprising to see how I missed I was. The feeling was mutual, VHL.

Feel free to ask any questions about what I've been up to, either here, the messenger app or whatever medium you choose. I'm not picky.

21 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

What was the name of the website?

FromPenn2Broad, we still have a Facebook page and occasionally do podcasts, but aren't writing articles because of a lack of an affordable hosting domain for us.

1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Good to see you back @Doomsday! Think Hakstol should be fired?

He's here to develop the young talent that Hextall got (yet refuses to move up). I thought he did a good job his first season, but took a step back last year. A TON of regression in areas across the board. If the team continues to underperform and make the same mistakes next season, he's gotta go IMO.

Just now, Bushitroll said:

Good to see you back @Doomsday! Think eaglesfan036 should be fired?

Give me a week or so to fill in the gaps of VHL history and I can better answer this. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

He's here to develop the young talent that Hextall got (yet refuses to move up). I thought he did a good job his first season, but took a step back last year. A TON of regression in areas across the board. If the team continues to underperform and make the same mistakes next season, he's gotta go IMO.

You can probably figure out my opinion.

• 2 months later...