WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

• 2 months later...

Holy shit ass PPV.

Main-Event match was great. Finish was the weakest it could've been. Reigns is put in a Kimura Lock and gets like 5 chair shots, but magically gets up and spears Ambrose for the win.

That segment with New Day, E&C and LoN. WHAT THE FUCK WA THE POINT OF THAT!? I love New Day, I loved E&C, I love half of LoN (Rusev and Barrett), but that was dogshit. Have Enzo and Cass debut for god sakes.

Filler match with Social Outcasts and Truth was dumb. It again proved that Outcasts need to get pushed to the moon and didn't do shit with Golden Truth.

Divas title match was horrible.

The only god thing about the Tag Team Divas match was Sasha Banks who was looking mighty fine.

ADR vs Kalisto and Ziggler vs Owens is just tiring to watch after 100 times.

Styles vs Jericho was great.

And that useless ass 6-man tag match where you have the stable that needs the momentum get fucked by a randomly put together tag team.

Way to build-up for Mania.

7 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

Finish was the weakest it could've been.

Yeah, it was lame af.

7 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

That segment with New Day, E&C and LoN. WHAT THE FUCK WA THE POINT OF THAT!? I love New Day, I loved E&C, I love half of LoN (Rusev and Barrett), but that was dogshit. Have Enzo and Cass debut for god sakes.

Filler match with Social Outcasts and Truth was dumb. It again proved that Outcasts need to get pushed to the moon and didn't do shit with Golden Truth.

I guess there were no better fillers for Vince and HHH. 

10 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

Divas title match was horrible.

The ending was lame. Like 2 sec after figure 8 Brie tapped out. wtf was that. weak.

14 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

And that useless ass 6-man tag match where you have the stable that needs the momentum get fucked by a randomly put together tag team.

:yeahthat:

Kalisto vs. ADR -> 3/5, Pretty solid match by the both of them.  Good way to conclude that feud and it's really a shame that one of the best matches of the night ends up on the pre-show.  This isn't new though of course.  Also Mauro needs to call every match ever again...it's incredible how good he is compared to the rest.  Dare I say he is the closest thing to JR out there.

Sasha+Becky vs. Naomi+Tamina -> 2.5/5, Was not bad honestly.  Sasha Banks is once again the clear top talent in that divison, but we all knew that.  Becky was decent despite being on the defense.  She still sold well and we all know she can wrestle.  Naomi and Tamina were trash so hopefully this leads to Becky-Sasha-Charlotte at Mania.

Ziggler vs. Owens -> 3.25/5, I love Kevin so much.  Honestly, he entertains me at all times even if it's just from what he is saying in the ring.  His yelling at Cole gets me every time and these two have pretty good chemistry.  The finish was thundering which helped the match end with a bang.  I see Mr. Styles in your future Kevin.

Ryback/Show/Kane vs. Wyatt Family -> 1/5, Sorry...no.  You don't book those three over the stable that needs the momentum.  Was a trash match with an absolutely bewildering booking decision.

Charlotte vs. Brie -> 1/5, This was on par with the previous match...Brie doing Bryan impressions is killing me...both were not impressive at all and I really cannot wait to see Charlotte without the gold.

Styles vs. Jericho -> 3.25/5, I liked it but I was left wanting more...mainly from Jericho.  AJ carried the match and was crisp but Jericho seemed off his game.  Perhaps it is his age and wear and tear, but he made several errors including a weird botch from the top rope that nearly broke AJ's neck.  Still..it was entertaining with some excellent chain wrestling and great psychology.  Lost points for having Y2J kick out of the Styles Clash..fuck that.

New Day-Edge/Christian Segment -> 1/5, I love Edge and Christian.  Edge is my favourite wrestler of all-time and up until the League of Nations was namedropped, it was fine...then it took a turn for the worst.

Axel vs. R-Truth -> 5/5, SOCIAL JOBBERS!

Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Ambrose -> 3.5/5, It was entertaining enough but what a terrible finish.  Nice selling Roman....kimura lock+3 to 5 chair shots...and you no sell it for the spear and the win.  Love the boos at the end.

So Mania...

Reigns vs. HHH

Lesnar vs. Ambrose

Undertaker vs. Cena 

New Day vs. League of Nations

Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Sasha

Those seem locked in as long as Cena is healthy, which he looks on track to be.  If not Cena, well we will see.  I have to expect Owens vs. Styles happens too.

7 hours ago, FueledByRamen said:

Holy shit ass PPV.

Main-Event match was great. Finish was the weakest it could've been. Reigns is put in a Kimura Lock and gets like 5 chair shots, but magically gets up and spears Ambrose for the win.

i lold at that, but is this as bad as super cena? but i mean, i havent watched wrestling in a long time, i used to love it but i just stopped watching as i got older. but back on point, ive always heard about super cena stuff that makes me laugh haha

Roman Reigns is worst than Super Cena. Cena sells moves, he's great on the mic, he puts great matches when needed. I seriously don't hate Roman Reigns, but he's bland, he doesn't really have the charisma or the mic skills of a main-eventer, he doesn't sell for anybody and it's obvious that they're trying to shove him down our throats.

He justs gets beaten for the whole match, gets up, Throat Trusts, Samoan Drops, Superman punches and Spears and match over.

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

Roman Reigns is worst than Super Cena. Cena sells moves, he's great on the mic, he puts great matches when needed. I seriously don't hate Roman Reigns, but he's bland, he doesn't really have the charisma or the mic skills of a main-eventer, he doesn't sell for anybody and it's obvious that they're trying to shove him down our throats.

He justs gets beaten for the whole match, gets up, Throat Trusts, Samoan Drops, Superman punches and Spears and match over.

Sounds like they are trying to create a new Hulk Hogan. Large Muscle man with very little mic skill, gets wrecked the entire match, comes back with a few very simple moves and wins.

Edited by Beketov

Reigns doesn't have an identity of his own. His failure is going to be because of continuing the Shield gimmick on his own. 

When end branching off like that, you have to give each guy their own personality if you want them to succeed. Ambrose and Rollins found theirs, but Reigns has been the same person in and out of the Shield. Give him a fake injury, let him disappear for a few months and revamp his gimmick. 

• Commissioner
18 hours ago, FueledByRamen said:

SHANE O'MAC VS UNDERTAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA 32!

FUCKING WHAT?!?!!?

I haven't seen the footage from Raw but that was about my reaction when I read that in Twitter. Shane O'Mac vs. Taker sounds like it could be amazing or could be terrible.

I never saw confirmation BTW but is this a HIAC match? Saw someone on Twitter elude to the mankind bump off the cell so it has me wondering.

Shane was always known for doing things a little crazy so it could definitely be a fun match.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I haven't seen the footage from Raw but that was about my reaction when I read that in Twitter. Shane O'Mac vs. Taker sounds like it could be amazing or could be terrible.

I never saw confirmation BTW but is this a HIAC match? Saw someone on Twitter elude to the mankind bump off the cell so it has me wondering.

Shane was always known for doing things a little crazy so it could definitely be a fun match.

Yup. Hell in a cell. Rumors circulating that Shane is going to find someone to represent him against Taker though. People seem to be hell bent on thinking that Cena is the one wrestling Taker at Mania 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Toast said:

Mass culling of WWE roster expected today :(

So far:

Cameron - GREAT! Can't see her continuing her "wrestling" career elsewhere, probably still thinks she can pin people while they're facing the mat...

Alex Riley - Fine, never really cared for him, surprised he lasted as long as he did in truth.

Hornswoggle - Fine, WWE constantly putting him on RAW was one of the main reasons I lost interest in wrestling round that time. 

El Torito - Did some decent stuff when he was out there, but can see why he'd be released with no partners/fellow small wrestler.

Zeb Colter - I liked him with Swagger/Cesaro, didn't work at all with Del Rio. Surprised he wasn't kept around in a backstage capacity tbh.

Santino - Honestly thought he'd already left the company when he retired in 2014, thought his appearances since then were just part-time. 

Barrett - It's a real shame he didn't get the treatment he deserved along with the injuries he sustained. Was over with the Nexus and BNB but WWE booked themselves into a corner with having him LOSE NEARLY EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Not a surprise though since I think this was already known to some degree.

Sandow - I loved everything Sandow did until the Macho Man gimmick. Can't figure out why he wasn't featured more on TV at all considering he consistently got great reactions. At the same time, this might be great for him, gives him a chance to go somewhere where he'll be used (although then again his main appeal was his entertainment value, so whether he'd work on the independents with kinda average wrestling skill is a question)

Other things I've heard is a guy going to a Legends deal (I imagine that'd have to be Bryan), and they're expecting a dozen releases in total, although I don't know if that include those two interviewers that left recently. Be interesting to see if Ryback lasts as well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I honestly don't know how people can watch WWE regularly. The camera cuts are so laughably bad that it affects the quality of the matches themselves. They have some talented wrestlers but I feel like the WWE production format takes heavily away from the in-ring execution. They use it to try and hide botches so often and it's fking comedy.

edit: I've never bothered ever watching TNA but I assume it follows that same quick-cut / shakey cam format. Jay Lethal promos are the only TNA I've ever sought out.

Edited by gorlab