2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

Who cares about the Canucks. The real story is Vegas: 3-0. Good on them. Hope they surprise this year, would be an amazing story.

Speaking of stories, Montreal sure sucks hahaha. I love it.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Who cares about the Canucks. The real story is Vegas: 3-0. Good on them. Hope they surprise this year, would be an amazing story.

Montreal is a dumpster fire.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Hey you wanna lmk "when playoff tickets go on sale? First or second intermission?" quoting my boy bobby.

9 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Finally fun to watch the Flyers again.

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek is exceeding expectations.

You guys just trashed us, granted it was on the second night of back to backs for us and we were missing our top D. But it mostly infuriates me that we decided to do what we did this off-season. John Carlson is Mike Green 2.0. He sucks at defense, and has gotten lazier and worse at it as seasons progress. Yet we willfully let Alzner go, then decided to pretty much ensure Schmidt was taken in the expansion draft and left ourselves with literally only Matt Niskanen as a good defender. Orlov is far too "on and off" for my liking, but I suppose he's competent when he's on. But Carlson can't defend anything and your top line made Madison Bowey look like he should never be called up to the NHL again. 

Went to the Canucks game tonight. Couple points:

1. Jagr isn't slow, I'm not sure what they are saying but he isn't slow. In fact if he is considered slow, the Sedins look like they were let out of a funeral home to play home games.

2. Gaudreau needs to learn to keep his skates on the ice and stop trying to sell calls. Guy is a diving machine.

3. Markstrom is never going to be a #1 Goalie.

4. Derrick Pouliot was the best Canuck.

5. Kris Versteeg is still a pussy.

6. Henrik Sedin is so slow that he had 3 minor penalties called on him because he couldn't keep up with the play.

7. Sam Bennett needs to shave.

Edited by Kendrick

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

How about those Golden Knights next dynasty or what?

They're a great story, would love to see them make the playoffs in spite of GMGM's efforts to be terrible lol. Them making the playoffs over Edmonton would be hilarious as well.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:38 AM, Kendrick said:

Went to the Canucks game tonight. Couple points:

1. Jagr isn't slow, I'm not sure what they are saying but he isn't slow. In fact if he is considered slow, the Sedins look like they were let out of a funeral home to play home games.

2. Gaudreau needs to learn to keep his skates on the ice and stop trying to sell calls. Guy is a diving machine.

3. Markstrom is never going to be a #1 Goalie.

4. Derrick Pouliot was the best Canuck.

5. Kris Versteeg is still a pussy.

6. Henrik Sedin is so slow that he had 3 minor penalties called on him because he couldn't keep up with the play.

7. Sam Bennett needs to shave.

late but you think Gaudreau is a diving machine you should see mitch marner lol guys tumbles over if the wind blows too hard

50 minutes ago, Tyler said:

late but you think Gaudreau is a diving machine you should see mitch marner lol guys tumbles over if the wind blows too hard

Gaudreau literally would be touched by a stick and go down. It was sad.

43 minutes ago, tfong said:

Why was Demko called up? Is he going to play?

Actually it has to do with long term injury reports and the cap. No one was injured or anything

24 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Gaudreau literally would be touched by a stick and go down. It was sad.

Actually it has to do with long term injury reports and the cap. No one was injured or anything

same way with marner. The Habs/Leafs game he must have dove 2 or 3 times but due to hsi size it's hard to call it a dive more just being over powered so easily

12 minutes ago, tfong said:

You mean they called him up because they were under the cap floor?

From what I know the canucks were around 960k under the cap of 75m  (or whatever it is), so they brought Demko up as hes like 925k to get as close to the cap as possible. Now your like why would they do that? Well they will get serious cap relief if/when they put Edler, Eriksson and Stetcher on LTIR. Just between Eriksson and Edler there is 11m they could free up if they need the cap room for a trade or to bring up more warm bodies. Now if they hadnt done that they could be able to free up less money when they put these guys on LTIR. The best way described which I believe was on TSN 1040 was: its like spending 250$ and getting a free box of candy as opposed to spending 235$ and not getting the candy. Also Demko gets a fat cheque for being in the NHL for a few days and spends a couple days with a winning team, Utica also doesnt play for a bit so it just made sense.  

3 hours ago, Quik said:

They're a great story, would love to see them make the playoffs in spite of GMGM's efforts to be terrible lol. Them making the playoffs over Edmonton would be hilarious as well.

Unfortunately I think its almost enivitable that Edmonton turns it around and makes the playoffs.

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Kesler said:

From what I know the canucks were around 960k under the cap of 75m  (or whatever it is), so they brought Demko up as hes like 925k to get as close to the cap as possible. Now your like why would they do that? Well they will get serious cap relief if/when they put Edler, Eriksson and Stetcher on LTIR. Just between Eriksson and Edler there is 11m they could free up if they need the cap room for a trade or to bring up more warm bodies. Now if they hadnt done that they could be able to free up less money when they put these guys on LTIR. The best way described which I believe was on TSN 1040 was: its like spending 250$ and getting a free box of candy as opposed to spending 235$ and not getting the candy. Also Demko gets a fat cheque for being in the NHL for a few days and spends a couple days with a winning team, Utica also doesnt play for a bit so it just made sense.  

Except..then Demko sits and does nothing. But I guess its ok if Utica isn't playing lol. Its just cuz i thought they were.

Edited by tfong