2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Of course I am, because I validated my sources and brought opinions based on provable facts. I didnt went with "I like pink because I find it beautiful" weakass arguments

So next time bring that to the table first to disprove me before you start a shouting match.

I linked the stats I was referencing we were discussing at the time so I had specific info I was using to go along with the 2 games I watched (as i noted in the conversation as well)

Edited by tfong

Refuting your argument was enough at the time as I couldnt have had those numbers at the time. Your argument that Drouin was meh at center had just no foundation and that was the only thing I needed to prove.

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Refuting your argument was enough at the time as I couldnt have had those numbers at the time. Your argument that Drouin was meh at center had just no foundation and that was the only thing I needed to prove.

Just because you say "I refute your argument" does not mean you actually did anything. You didn't provide any proof. Btw the stats you show on your chart are in the link I gave as well. The only difference was that I was using specific ones to indicate my point. So really speaking you could've just reference your argument to my own information too.

Edited by tfong

The table doesnt matter. The only thing you should have had considered is : judging drouins number after 7 games is unfair and need more context to judge "TB's Drouin" and "MTL's Drouin" as they arent in the same role and context.

Just that argument was enough to say that saying that Drouin was "meh" had no solid foundation

The table not only prove that you had no foundation, but we could aslo say the opposite that drouin is FAR from being meh.From that moment, you lost all your credibility from me

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

The table doesnt matter. The only thing you should have had considered is : judging drouins number after 7 games is unfair and need more context to judge "TB's Drouin" and "MTL's Drouin" as they arent in the same role and context.

Just that argument was enough to say that saying that Drouin was "meh" had no solid foundation

I don't believe I was just judging him on points alone (hence the usage of advanced stats specifically)  as they were similiar anyways. Also we don't have stats of Dro player wing in Montreal, so the jury is still out there that the possibility remains he could ahve even better stats playing on the wing. We don't know because he hasn't been tried at wing yet in MON.

And yes i did say more games are needed, hence I said maybe as we go on he is the center that MON needs. You were just too mad to acknowledge that at that time i was already agreeing with points in your statements.

Edited by tfong

Just admit that you had not enough informations and knowledge to have a solid opinion on Drouin's playing in MTL and you misjudged your arguments and thats enough from me. I'm far from the L in that story 

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Just admit that you had not enough informations and knowledge to have a solid opinion on Drouin's playing in MTL and you misjudged your arguments and thats enough from me. I'm far from the L in that story 

I did awhile back already by conceding your supporting arguments are better than mine and still said a few times in each of the last few posts lol.

I'm just saying you were still a douchebag and i had every right to block you for it.

Edited by tfong

And I have every right to say that you have a poor ability to argue and that your opinions on that matter were weak and you shouldnt talk about a subject that you dont totally understand

Fair?

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

And I have every right to say that you have a poor ability to argue and that your opinions on that matter were weak and you shouldnt talk about a subject that you dont totally understand

Fair?

My opinions were weak but I think that's about the only thing I can agree to be fair. If i didn't talk about a subject I don't totally understand, I wouldn't be talking about anything at all tbh because there is no way in confidence I can say i totally understand everything (or anyone else can for that matter) on all their speaking matters.

Edited by tfong

There's way to validate infos and learning about a subject without having misguided opinions

No need to censore things you don't fully understand, theres other solution before that. (At least here in Canada)

7 hours ago, boubabi said:

There's way to validate infos and learning about a subject without having misguided opinions

No need to censore things you don't fully understand, theres other solution before that. (At least here in Canada)

CENSORSHIP!

@tfong what the hell man, you were clearly in the wrong, and @boubabi was 100% right in proving you were an asshole for having an opinion and not backing it up! Next time you have an opinion, come with facts or shut the fuck up! The man is BOG for crying out loud, don't let your emotions cloud your vision on who is right!

1 minute ago, Quik said:

@Kendrick, you fuck off too with your CCM> bullshit. Everyone knows the best bucket and flippers are Jofa, and Sherwood twigs are ftb!

I refute this claim.

*But I will provide no info further on the subject because I don't know how to have a proper debate* haha

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I refute this claim.

*But I will provide no info further on the subject because I don't know how to have a proper debate* haha

hkn-jets-thrashers-20110531.jpg

Argue with that beaut!

1 hour ago, Quik said:

@tfong what the hell man, you were clearly in the wrong, and @boubabi was 100% right in proving you were an asshole for having an opinion and not backing it up! Next time you have an opinion, come with facts or shut the fuck up! The man is BOG for crying out loud, don't let your emotions cloud your vision on who is right!

Kendrick got a new girlfriend I see

Are u trying to affect me by saying that I'm an asshole for proving my arguments? You must be hella brillant

8 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Let's talk about how Virtanen isn't a bust!

I'm not sure you could have ever called Virtanen a bust considering still how young he is. But yeah hes certainly playing good right now and seems to be a good fit with the sedins. Its amazing how the canucks forum predicted that like a couple seasons ago.