2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

6 minutes ago, Kesler said:

I'm not sure you could have ever called Virtanen a bust considering still how young he is. But yeah hes certainly playing good right now and seems to be a good fit with the sedins. Its amazing how the canucks forum predicted that like a couple seasons ago.

Its amazing the Canucks forum predicted anything to be correct at all haha

15 minutes ago, Kesler said:

I'm not sure you could have ever called Virtanen a bust considering still how young he is. But yeah hes certainly playing good right now and seems to be a good fit with the sedins. Its amazing how the canucks forum predicted that like a couple seasons ago.

Well virt is a faster better shot burrows doesn't have the vision yet but time will fix that

13 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Kendrick got a new girlfriend I see

Are u trying to affect me by saying that I'm an asshole for proving my arguments? You must be hella brillant

:lol: I didn't even mention Kendrick in that post at all, what does he have to do with anything? And I actually didn't even call you an asshole. You were a bit (read: a LOT) over the top, and don't know how to take a win. Fong admitted that you presented legit facts, that should have been the end of it, but you kept egging him on, I'm assuming to get a reaction out of him.

I came in here to read about what people were thinking about the NHL, not why you think fong is a pussy for not dealing with your childish antics. If you're going to act like a clown, people will laugh at you.

I don't know you at all, you weren't a member when I was last active, or if you were, you were probably fairly new, but this is pretty much the most I've paid attention to you other than your graphic work (which is great). If you're someone who holds a position of power in the league, then you shouldn't be goading people into arguments, it's unnecessary and reflects poorly on the league as a whole when one of it's "BOG" members is acting like a 14-year old crybaby because people had an opinion that turned out to not match facts. You need to get over yourself if you really feel that big a need to defend yourself.

35 minutes ago, Quik said:

:lol: I didn't even mention Kendrick in that post at all, what does he have to do with anything? And I actually didn't even call you an asshole. You were a bit (read: a LOT) over the top, and don't know how to take a win. Fong admitted that you presented legit facts, that should have been the end of it, but you kept egging him on, I'm assuming to get a reaction out of him.

I came in here to read about what people were thinking about the NHL, not why you think fong is a pussy for not dealing with your childish antics. If you're going to act like a clown, people will laugh at you.

I don't know you at all, you weren't a member when I was last active, or if you were, you were probably fairly new, but this is pretty much the most I've paid attention to you other than your graphic work (which is great). If you're someone who holds a position of power in the league, then you shouldn't be goading people into arguments, it's unnecessary and reflects poorly on the league as a whole when one of it's "BOG" members is acting like a 14-year old crybaby because people had an opinion that turned out to not match facts. You need to get over yourself if you really feel that big a need to defend yourself.

I could be gray, yellow, my position here dont affect the validity of my argument. Of you insinuated that I used my position to validate my argument or used as a pressure, you are blind as a rock.

Do you think adults dont get into argument? In what world you are living in? My little pony world? Fong can easily manage his fights by himself without having the offusqued crowd crying behind him. The argument was done and ended last night, your comment was pointless.

And maybe there's other reasons why I'm BoG and its that I contribute to an argument. Think about that next time

50 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Haha not at all. Just laugh at the improper use of some of the words/definitions.

You seemed mad when TFong blocked you. That was funny

No, I found it stupid and irrational from him. You were blocked though because you bring no contribution to an argument other then bad attempt at trolling. 

31 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I could be gray, yellow, my position here dont affect the validity of my argument. Of you insinuated that I used my position to validate my argument or used as a pressure, you are blind as a rock.

Do you think adults dont get into argument? In what world you are living in? My little pony world? Fong can easily manage his fights by himself without having the offusqued crowd crying behind him. The argument was done and ended last night, your comment was pointless.

And maybe there's other reasons why I'm BoG and its that I contribute to an argument. Think about that next time

If you think I implied you used your BOG status then you are losing something in translation. I’m saying you represent the league. When people see that they assume you are an impactful part of the league, and you are supposed to set an example. If people are seeing the higher ups acting like children it reflects poorly on the league as a whole. So no, you didn’t use it in your fight, but you damn sure did not respect that you have it, nor did you respect fong who is a (respected) member of the league. 

Like I said, you presented your argument, fong admitted that it swayed his position, there was no need for anything else, especially the name calling that came from you. Shit can be handled in a civil way, and that’s what I expect from people who hold supposedly respected jobs. As it stands, your behaviour makes me question the integrity of the BoG when you act that way. Is it really acceptable for BOG members to make such fools of themselves over somebody disagreeing with them?

Even now, I made a joke with fong (whom I’ve known on this site for years) and you attacked me by calling me Kendrick's girlfriend. It was a joke, not a dick. You didn’t need to take it so hard. Hell, I replied to you in a respectful manner, and you still act like a twit. I’m sure you did something that got you into the BOG, but I’m not exactly seeing why you’re still there when you’re clearly very confrontational. And who cares if adults act childish? Adults also rob, kill and rape. Does that mean it’s ok for you to do those things? Being respectful and mature shouldn’t be optional, and being disrespectful/immature shouldn’t be tolerated.

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

No, I found it stupid and irrational from him. You were blocked though because you bring no contribution to an argument other then bad attempt at trolling. 

See thats the difference. I see things as discussion where you see them as "arguments" because you just like to bicker instead of discuss things like sports. Which is why more and more people have started to tune you out. It's all good though

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

I really think you need to look up the definition to "arguments", "discussion" and "debates". Don't get them twisted otherwise you'll take things out of context.

Fong wasn't looking to get into a "fight" like you have shown you wanted, he was just sharing his opinion on something (which isn't wrong in any way). Just because someone has opinion you took it as "talking shit" which is really strange.

32 minutes ago, Quik said:

I’m saying you represent the league. When people see that they assume you are an impactful part of the league, and you are supposed to set an example.

No i'm not. I'm not a public represent in anysort. My contribution to the BoG is for my ideas and my opinions and thats it. Thats not a honorary title where I need to bend my knee to the queen and behave a different way.

Anyway, my behaviour just proves that I validate my points with and I have a scientific process  to base my opinion. Oh god thats awful right?

Dont pull the language card bs 

32 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Do you really think theres no wrong opinion in the world ? Jesus christ

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying he is entitled to his opinion without being bashed personally.

30 minutes ago, boubabi said:

It's kind of important though in regards to knowing the different between a discussion, debate or argument. Not knowing what they are is somewhat limiting the actual substance.

I don't have the time or energy to look up anything regarding the actual argument at hand, but the following is and remains true regardless of the argument:

OPINIONS. CAN'T. BE. FALSE.

Opinions aren't statements of value. They are neither true nor false, they merely exist.

13 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I don't have the time or energy to look up anything regarding the actual argument at hand, but the following is and remains true regardless of the argument:

OPINIONS. CAN'T. BE. FALSE.

Opinions aren't statements of value. They are neither true nor false, they merely exist.

This.

15 minutes ago, boubabi said:

My opinion is the earth is flat

How is that not false?

It's not something one can hold an opinion on. If you think that the earth is flat, that is a statement of value, since it can be verified by statistical evidence that it is not flat. As a statement of value, it's false, but it's not an opinion. 

Watching a player play a sport and determining how good you think he is, while statistics can help sway an argument, they can't clearly and definitively prove anything one way or the other, so it is something on which opinions can be held.

An example of this: there's a soccer player, Claudio Pizarro, that has some super high goal totals over his career. He cherry picked many of them, playing just on the verge of offside, and so I think he is less good than the general consensus because I'm reading something into his play that isn't in the stats. Others might think he is better, because they might say that being able to manipulate offside to that extent is a talent in its own right. Since there is no factual place (i.e. it can't be said he is exactly X amount of good based on empirical data) then opinions can be held, and they can't be wrong as they're a matter of the personal thoughts of the individual. On the contrary, an opinion can't be held on the number of goals he has, as it is an empirical fact. He has X amount of goals, not looking up the number right now, but I can't just decide he has greater or fewer goals than that.

1 hour ago, tfong said:

Hi @Quik!!! U need to be on discord u punk!

https://discord.gg/M3VCCf

Chat it up in here man!

Hey bud! I will definitely get it next week lol. 

2 hours ago, boubabi said:

No i'm not. I'm not a public represent in anysort. My contribution to the BoG is for my ideas and my opinions and thats it. Thats not a honorary title where I need to bend my knee to the queen and behave a different way.

Anyway, my behaviour just proves that I validate my points with and I have a scientific process  to base my opinion. Oh god thats awful right?

Whether or not you think you represent the league, you do. BOG is a league position, anyone looking at the site, especially new users and people thinking about joining, see it and assume you are someone who represents the league. I’m not saying to bend your knee, or that anyone owns you, I’m saying that whether you like it or not, you do represent the league when you post, so maybe dont go starting unnecessary arguments over differences of opinion...?

Your behaviour only shows that you are willing to act in a childish manner when someone has a different opinion than your own. Calling Fong, Kendrick and myself names for calling you out on that isn’t a “scientific process” it’s extremely emotional and childish. Posting the the graphs you did was a scientific process, and perfectly reasonable, continuing in on Fong after he admitted that the graph disproved some of his thoughts was not. Continuing in on me for pointing out that you were overly argumentative for the sake of defending Drouin/Les Habitants/your pride is also not scientific nor reasonable. 

Also, when you are inferring things I did not say, and splashing French in that I have to look up to be sure I understand, it’s perfectly fair to question if something is lost in translation. It happens all the time, my parents learned English as a second language and half the time I have to reiterate the meaning behind what I say to my mom. It’s not an insult, but a reasonable conclusion given the facts I had on hand that you misunderstood what I said. 

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

Watching a player play a sport and determining how good you think he is, while statistics can help sway an argument, they can't clearly and definitively prove anything one way or the other, so it is something on which opinions can be held.

An example of this: there's a soccer player, Claudio Pizarro, that has some super high goal totals over his career. He cherry picked many of them, playing just on the verge of offside, and so I think he is less good than the general consensus because I'm reading something into his play that isn't in the stats. Others might think he is better, because they might say that being able to manipulate offside to that extent is a talent in its own right. Since there is no factual place (i.e. it can't be said he is exactly X amount of good based on empirical data) then opinions can be held, and they can't be wrong as they're a matter of the personal thoughts of the individual. On the contrary, an opinion can't be held on the number of goals he has, as it is an empirical fact. He has X amount of goals, not looking up the number right now, but I can't just decide he has greater or fewer goals than that.

Pizarro is a saint at Bayern. We love that man through and through. Good example.

BTW is 229 goals scored in professional ranks and I also hold the opinion he isn't as talented as those who have scored similar or even less.

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

It's not something one can hold an opinion on. If you think that the earth is flat, that is a statement of value, since it can be verified by statistical evidence that it is not flat. As a statement of value, it's false, but it's not an opinion. 

My opinion is that black people are born stupid and the white race shall prevail 

Is that also an opinion that cant be false? Those are my deep believes (sarcasm if kendrick didn't noticed)

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Hey bud! I will definitely get it next week lol. 

Whether or not you think you represent the league, you do. BOG is a league position, anyone looking at the site, especially new users and people thinking about joining, see it and assume you are someone who represents the league. I’m not saying to bend your knee, or that anyone owns you, I’m saying that whether you like it or not, you do represent the league when you post, so maybe dont go starting unnecessary arguments over differences of opinion...?

Your behaviour only shows that you are willing to act in a childish manner when someone has a different opinion than your own. Calling Fong, Kendrick and myself names for calling you out on that isn’t a “scientific process” it’s extremely emotional and childish. Posting the the graphs you did was a scientific process, and perfectly reasonable, continuing in on Fong after he admitted that the graph disproved some of his thoughts was not. Continuing in on me for pointing out that you were overly argumentative for the sake of defending Drouin/Les Habitants/your pride is also not scientific nor reasonable. 

Also, when you are inferring things I did not say, and splashing French in that I have to look up to be sure I understand, it’s perfectly fair to question if something is lost in translation. It happens all the time, my parents learned English as a second language and half the time I have to reiterate the meaning behind what I say to my mom. It’s not an insult, but a reasonable conclusion given the facts I had on hand that you misunderstood what I said. 

The BoG is free to remove me from the group if they arent happy on how Im supposed to represent the site

Flash News : I'm still in the bog

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

You can't prove the world ISN'T flat without putting a lot of assumptions into play.