2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

10 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

About to start raging about the Flyers opening night roster, but I'll at least wait until it's official. @Bring Back Chat

Looks like Hagg is a lock, Morin and Sanheim both up for now with Ghost hurt. So can't be too unhappy with three rookie dmen on the team for now (hopefully they all play well enough that they don't get sent down instead of Manning). And it also sounds like AMAC will anchor Provorov for another season......

Lindblom not making it isn't ideal but I mean Patrick Leir Laughton etc are all up so there's still plenty of new young guys

Derek Pouliot to the Canucks

Pedan and a 4th to the Penguins

Hopefully this new reclamation project works like it did for Baertschi and Granlund. Travis Green used to coach Pouliot, so that will help. He's a former 8th overall pick, still with a ton of upside.

On 10/3/2017 at 7:51 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Derek Pouliot to the Canucks

Pedan and a 4th to the Penguins

Hopefully this new reclamation project works like it did for Baertschi and Granlund. Travis Green used to coach Pouliot, so that will help. He's a former 8th overall pick, still with a ton of upside.

Pedan has pretty much proven at this time that hes going to be a career AHLer and the 4th is'nt much so to get a 23 yr old that is a former top 10 pick and has some untapped potential. I like it, like you mentioned Baertschi and Granlund have both been success stories but for every one of those there is a Linden Vey or Emerson Etem so its pretty much a 50/50 on these young to mid 20 year olds turning into something :lol:

5 hours ago, Kesler said:

Pedan has pretty much proven at this time that hes going to be a career AHLer and the 4th is'nt much so to get a 23 yr old that is a former top 10 pick and has some untapped potential. I like it, like you mentioned Baertschi and Granlund have both been success stories but for every one of those there is a Linden Vey or Emerson Etem so its pretty much a 50/50 on these young to mid 20 year olds turning into something :lol:

I think Pedan will get a chance at least faster than people think. Pittsburgh had 15 goals against them in 2 games. :lol:

On 10/6/2017 at 2:56 PM, DollarAndADream said:

I think Pedan will get a chance at least faster than people think. Pittsburgh had 15 goals against them in 2 games. :lol:

Canucks looked good last night huh? I completely disagreed with Boeser being sat but if Dorsett wasn't in the lineup I dont think the Canucks would have ended up pulling out the W to Edmonton. Loved the pace of the game and it was fun to watch. Green seems to have already made an impact on the league especially having Hank and Danny play so few minutes.

3 hours ago, Kesler said:

Canucks looked good last night huh? I completely disagreed with Boeser being sat but if Dorsett wasn't in the lineup I dont think the Canucks would have ended up pulling out the W to Edmonton. Loved the pace of the game and it was fun to watch. Green seems to have already made an impact on the league especially having Hank and Danny play so few minutes.

Yeah, that playing of Dorsett really helped antagonize the Oilers and shut down McDavid. That was the real key was shutting McDavid down, and they did just that. Boeser wouldn't have been able to at all. Dorsett looks a lot different already than he did last season, although it's only one game. If he keeps playing like he did last night, he can play every night for all I care. :lol:

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, that playing of Dorsett really helped antagonize the Oilers and shut down McDavid. That was the real key was shutting McDavid down, and they did just that. Boeser wouldn't have been able to at all. Dorsett looks a lot different already than he did last season, although it's only one game. If he keeps playing like he did last night, he can play every night for all I care. :lol:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, BOOM said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

Seems like since Dorsett signed that contract he hasn't played up to par with what is expected of him. But, since recovering from his injury and playing under Travis Green, it seems to have brought his game to another level. I can say that about a lot of other players, like Virtanen. Green will do a lot of good things for this team.

8 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Seems like since Dorsett signed that contract he hasn't played up to par with what is expected of him. But, since recovering from his injury and playing under Travis Green, it seems to have brought his game to another level. I can say that about a lot of other players, like Virtanen. Green will do a lot of good things for this team.

Uhhhh it was only one game. He'll pack it in 5 games in like he normally does. Dorsett is trash

19 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah Green has rejuvenated this team, so far I have loved all that hes done. Last night on after hours when he talked about Boeser being scratched and his talk with the Sedins last season when he took over really proved that Green seems to be the real deal. 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:56 PM, DollarAndADream said:

I don't see us doing much with Pedan, but to be fair, I don't think we were doing much with Pouliot either. I'll take the pick.

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Uhhhh it was only one game. He'll pack it in 5 games in like he normally does. Dorsett is trash

Definitely one game, as I mentioned in the other post. I'm still holding my expectations until we're like at least 10 games in, then I will truly judge. :P