League Ideas

Banackock

Just now, KGR said:

How about no. It worked out before.

Sure. Whatever. I think cap going up and allowing us to talk a little more with players is a good thing.

Right now, there are no talks. It's either "yes ill resign" or "no i won't". In SHL, you get to pick your years, money etc.

Here it's almost always based of TPE. Give us a small raise. Or get rid of the maximum for active players. Let someone sign for 10M if a GM is willing etc

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Sure. Whatever. I think cap going up and allowing us to talk a little more with players is a good thing.

Right now, there are no talks. It's either "yes ill resign" or "no i won't". In SHL, you get to pick your years, money etc.

Here it's almost always based of TPE. Give us a small raise. Or get rid of the maximum for active players. Let someone sign for 10M if a GM is willing etc

SHL is SHL. VHL is VHL. Keep them separate.

Edited by KGR

I was going to do a write up about this but I'll do it short version.

1. Raise the cap make in game money worth more. For purchasing etc

2. VHLM is a great league but it does suffer from inactive GM's get people who want to do the job. That can be new players or old.

3. Recruitment wise we need a boost I've been trying to recruit off other websites,       

But I have recruitment drive ideas but that's for another time.

4. Give people incentives to check in and talk everyday. Example 1 TPE if your the like leader of the day stuff like that.

5. Give people who are coming from other sites with established characters a boost in their original TPE. Example a player comes from SHL been their for years give them a TPE boost to start 10 TPE etc that can be discussed.

Im writing these really quickly and I got more but I got to take the dog for a walk so I'm stopping here. These are also from a new players perspective that has technically never been in the VHL so I don't have anything to discuss about it since I don't really know anything yet.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I was going to do a write up about this but I'll do it short version.

1. Raise the cap make in game money worth more. For purchasing etc

2. VHLM is a great league but it does suffer from inactive GM's get people who want to do the job. That can be new players or old.

3. Recruitment wise we need a boost I've been trying to recruit off other websites,       

But I have recruitment drive ideas but that's for another time.

4. Give people incentives to check in and talk everyday. Example 1 TPE if your the like leader of the day stuff like that.

5. Give people who are coming from other sites with established characters a boost in their original TPE. Example a player comes from SHL been their for years give them a TPE boost to start 10 TPE etc that can be discussed.

Im writing these really quickly and I got more but I got to take the dog for a walk so I'm stopping here. These are also from a new players perspective that has technically never been in the VHL so I don't have anything to discuss about it since I don't really know anything yet.

#1,2,4,5 = yes for me

5 is a gamble. It's a way or them coming and taking advatanage of shit only to go inactive. Also would have to look at a way of giving VHL guys the edge as were loyal.

Just now, Banackock said:

If we extended careers, that already makes the leagues way more attractive. 

I agree and the VHLM needs more to spice it up maybe more ways to earn extra TPE every week I like the practice idea a lot but new people need more.

46 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Not overly. Welfare you can only claim 4 if you've had previous players earn  certain amount of TPE.

This, everyone gains 4. 

So if I write 2 articles a week = 1200 words, I get 12 TPE. If Green writes 600, he gets 11. Do you see a problem there?

Definitely.  Except he's writing an article somewhere else to get that TPE.

27 minutes ago, ADV said:

Definitely.  Except he's writing an article somewhere else to get that TPE.

That isn't VHL though. If I write an article for SHL or GOMHL, I dont have to write one here?

@KGRand yes. No SHL/VHL debate. I used to preferVHL more because of the update system and 8 seasom career. Now I preferVHL by a landslide.

Imo, extending careers would be huge.. Then focus on recruitmwnt. We keep careers short for turnover amd drafts.. That's limited what we can become. 

10-12 seasons imo. 

21 minutes ago, ADV said:

That doesn't mean those ideas all make sense.

There are a lot of things wrong with the SHL.  Their recruiting is not one of them.

I also heard they struggle to recruit now?

issue is every persom is in 6 leagues so it's hard to commit to another one. 

Just now, Banackock said:

That isn't VHL though. If I write an article for SHL or GOMHL, I dont have to write one here?

@KGRand yes. No SHL/VHL debate. I used to preferVHL more because of the update system and 8 seasom career. Now I preferVHL by a landslide.

Imo, extending careers would be huge.. Then focus on recruitmwnt. We keep careers short for turnover amd drafts.. That's limited what we can become. 

10-12 seasons imo. 

It isn't VHL but the whole point of it is so people can experience multiple leagues and essentially use it as a way to open doors to more members.  We need to start worrying more about getting new members rather than just pleasing the collective core here that are already active.

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

10-12 seasons imo. 

8 seasons is fine. You literally want to ruin draft classes and make the VHL worse don't you?

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

I agree and the VHLM needs more to spice it up maybe more ways to earn extra TPE every week I like the practice idea a lot but new people need more.

TPE Inflation is always a concern, so it's unlikely that anything will really be added/changed in order to allow people to earn more than they currently can weekly in the VHLM (9 capped+possible fantasy rewards/etc.) 

Also, personally I don't really like the idea of having a welfare system based on point tasks in other leagues. It may work for one league right now, but what happens when more leagues start to do it? You lose the activity on one the board where the point task isn't posted. And that's what the VHL is in need of (imo) the most; non-sim related activity. In comparison to other leagues, the VHL has always lacked in this I feel. I don't see how allowing people to just do a football point task on another league/site helps out the VHL. At what point does this league become a shell with just people not posting PTs here while doing them on other leagues? Obviously that won't happen but I just don't see how that kind of welfare system is better than what we currently have.

42 minutes ago, KGR said:

8 seasons is fine. You literally want to ruin draft classes and make the VHL worse don't you?

No. I've put way more time into it then you. It' something I dislike about it. I wish careers lasted longer. Sucks being forced to quit. You're talking to someone who hasn't fully enjoyed a player in 8-9 seasons. 

46 minutes ago, ADV said:

It isn't VHL but the whole point of it is so people can experience multiple leagues and essentially use it as a way to open doors to more members.  We need to start worrying more about getting new members rather than just pleasing the collective core here that are already active.

And that is the truth. @KGR should read this tbh ;) 

Though, we should be a main site. We shouldn't compliment to other sites for the sake of doing so. Just because there's way more out there doesn't mean we should cater to them. We're 50 seasons and strong.. We're a main, just as the SHL is. 

I'd say 6/4 is fine, with a VHL.com + activity check being available to both (with jobs not being included). 

39 minutes ago, Corco said:

TPE Inflation is always a concern, so it's unlikely that anything will really be added/changed in order to allow people to earn more than they currently can weekly in the VHLM (9 capped+possible fantasy rewards/etc.) 

Also, personally I don't really like the idea of having a welfare system based on point tasks in other leagues. It may work for one league right now, but what happens when more leagues start to do it? You lose the activity on one the board where the point task isn't posted. And that's what the VHL is in need of (imo) the most; non-sim related activity. In comparison to other leagues, the VHL has always lacked in this I feel. I don't see how allowing people to just do a football point task on another league/site helps out the VHL. At what point does this league become a shell with just people not posting PTs here while doing them on other leagues? Obviously that won't happen but I just don't see how that kind of welfare system is better than what we currently have.

I couldn't agree more. 100%.

all the leagues are recycling the same people, so it's not like people on other sim never heard of the VHL, they aren't just interested to be part of that

and y'all saying like having a beast 2nd player is a good thing ,fuck no. It just makes the league the same ol' people and makes it more difficult for newer/first gen player to stand out from the rest

new people actually are enjoying the VHLM a little bit more because they can have some individual success without having to care about a 1500 tpe whore stealing all his points

and the idea to make it easier to earn tpe for 2nd player will just inflate that concept in the vhl

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

all the leagues are recycling the same people, so it's not like people on other sim never heard of the VHL, they aren't just interested to be part of that

and y'all saying like having a beast 2nd player is a good thing ,fuck no. It just makes the league the same ol' people and makes it more difficult for newer/first gen player to stand out from the rest

It still keeps things afloat for teams as it's active bodies. If having a beast 2nd player isn't a good thing, why do you have one?

Just now, KGR said:

If having a beast 2nd player isn't a good thing, why do you have one?

not quite sure ay ay ron enters the beast categorie 

plus, because I can enjoy 2 different position at the time, which is good for ME, but not for the league as a whole 

Not a huge fan of the idea where you can earn TPE for ´free´ if you have done something in some other league. If that happens, I´m not going to write anything here. Assuming I can claim 4-6 TPE here each week if I did a media spot in SBA for example? Even if the 4 TPE is the only TPE I can add to my player here, I would still go with that and be a career 2nd or 3rd liner. Can still slam in solid numbers in a good team even if you play on ´bottom´ lines + you get at least 15 minutes of playing time with almost 0 effort, just do a media spot in some other league, update here and you are good to go. 

Sounds even worse than the welfare system, but at least the league savers, also known as welfare players had to ´work´ to get where they are now, had to create one or two 400 TPE players before they can claim the 3 or 4 TPE. Are they still huge parts of this league or should the welfare system also be looked at and maybe even removed? Instead of kicking out the army of welfare players and forcing them to actually do PT´s if they want to be in VHL, league thought it´s much better to push the active players to do even more work and create 2nd players in order to save the place?

Get rid of the welfare, get rid of the 2nd player system, get rid of any kind of donation TPE double bonuses, get rid of teams and go back to hard work. 

Add new TPE opportunities, like those league related PT´s in the OP, make them weekly even, I don´t know, but the point is:  One user = One player. Do the PT`s if you want to improve your player.