League Ideas

Banackock

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I can enjoy 2 different position at the time,

Actually this is the reason of a goalie influx. Not speaking about Boubabi here, some members got a chance to have a goalie and a player at the same time and they did it. Well, some of 400-500 TPE goalies are wasting their careers sitting as a backup. 

Edited by hedgehog337

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Not a huge fan of the idea where you can earn TPE for ´free´ if you have done something in some other league. If that happens, I´m not going to write anything here. Assuming I can claim 4-6 TPE here each week if I did a media spot in SBA for example? Even if the 4 TPE is the only TPE I can add to my player here, I would still go with that and be a career 2nd or 3rd liner. Can still slam in solid numbers in a good team even if you play on ´bottom´ lines + you get at least 15 minutes of playing time with almost 0 effort, just do a media spot in some other league, update here and you are good to go. 

Sounds even worse than the welfare system, but at least the league savers, also known as welfare players had to ´work´ to get where they are now, had to create one or two 400 TPE players before they can claim the 3 or 4 TPE. Are they still huge parts of this league or should the welfare system also be looked at and maybe even removed? Instead of kicking out the army of welfare players and forcing them to actually do PT´s if they want to be in VHL, league thought it´s much better to push the active players to do even more work and create 2nd players in order to save the place?

Get rid of the welfare, get rid of the 2nd player system, get rid of any kind of donation TPE double bonuses, get rid of teams and go back to hard work. 

Add new TPE opportunities, like those league related PT´s in the OP, make them weekly even, I don´t know, but the point is:  One user = One player. Do the PT`s if you want to improve your player.

If we do this..leagues dead bud.

Welfare has to stay.

Just now, ADV said:

If we do this..leagues dead bud.

Welfare has to stay.

Not true. I think if we  up the value of work ethic, the league would maybe be in a better shape.

A welfare system is okay, but making a player strictly on welfare isn't good for the league and was kept because the league likes to patch problems instead of fixing it

see the 2nd player project  

Get rid of the welfare

go back to hard work. 

Like I said in your welfare topic like a year ago, straight no to this. I don't know what about other guys here, but I'm already having problems with finding a desire to type even 500 words. But it's not a reason why I should leave the sim-leagues because of that. 

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Where are all the welfare players? What they do in VHL on average week?

Would removing it really be that bad?

It kills off quite a few people's interest when we are already struggling to get people.

The whole idea of bringing others in through other leagues is to get a little more traffic and some new members.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Like I said in your welfare topic like a year ago, straight no to this. I don't know what about other guys here, but I'm already having problems with finding a desire to type even 500 words. But it's not a reason why I should leave the sim-leagues because of that. 

I get that, after some point coming up with a new idea and then writing 500 words is not easy, but then again we have 2nd player system in place these days. Kinda weird that some players are forced to build 2nd players while some can just claim welfare?

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

sim wise, yes. Like it or not, the league is filled with welfare player

Then some teams need to go from VHL, or make a ´AHL` into VHL that is mostly for welfare players. Save VHL for the active ones, even if it´s 4 teams left.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Then some teams need to go from VHL, or make a ´AHL` into VHL that is mostly for welfare players. Save VHL for the active ones, even if it´s 4 teams left.

tanking will always happen no matter how much team you have in the league 

you could have 3 teams, and a team would find a way to tank

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Forced? How so?

The whole system is in place because the league needed more players? Some of the hardcore VHL users saw what is going on and decided to help out and create the 2nd player. Maybe some users just like the idea of working ´double´, but I find it hard to believe that most just built 2nd players purely for fun.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

tanking will always happen no matter how much team you have in the league 

you could have 3 teams, and a team would find a way to tank

Those GM´s should be fired then, need to rebuild sometimes - sure, but actively making sure your team is losing should result in GM getting fired. Should also be easier to find GM´s when there would be 4-6 teams.

tanking is in the nature of the vhl. Wanting to reach for the 1st oa, or the best pick, is just the way to go to contend for a long time. CGY is actually victim of the fact that they never really tanked that good in recent seasons

15 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Not true. I think if we  up the value of work ethic, the league would maybe be in a better shape.

A welfare system is okay, but making a player strictly on welfare isn't good for the league and was kept because the league likes to patch problems instead of fixing it

see the 2nd player project  

How did you come to that conclusion? Welfare/pension has done a lot for the league. Not everyone is going to be a TPE whore or wanting to go all out