Army of backwashers

jRuutu

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't get the huge uproar, @jRuutu. Nobody said Frank didn't deserve an award, it's just that @hedgehog337 deserved it more, in each person's eyes that made those votes. There was definitely discussion over both Quebec and Riga to win that award in the BoG, but ultimately people agreed with each other that it should be Riga. A lot of times the BoG don't agree on something, and if you seen the Awards Discussion thread there was another award which caused huge debate. For once though, it was agreed upon that Riga deserved it from going from 8th to 1st. Sure, the playoffs didn't go his way, but even in the NHL it's not about the playoffs.

I mean, even if you consider that Frank had 3 draftees on his team, Riga had 2.

Just because @Frank had 0 votes doesn't mean 0 people thought he didn't deserve it. He definitely deserved it, but Riga did more.

I simply cant understand how playoffs are not taken into consideration,  how your team plays in there, what kind situation each cup winning team is in or has been in before. Purely a regular season award is silly. Still not saying cup = Top Gm award every time, but playoffs should be taken into consideration.

Good that the BOG was able to agree , hopefully the same continues in the future and in other decisions or topics

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I simply cant understand how playoffs are not taken into consideration,  how your team plays in there, what kind situation each cup winning team is in or has been in before. Purely a regular season award is silly. Still not saying cup = Top Gm award every time, but playoffs should be taken into consideration.

Good that the BOG was able to agree , hopefully the same continues in the future and in other decisions or topics

I do understand your thinking that playoffs should be a factor. I wouldn't mind that happening, to be honest. But, for what it's worth, the BoG voted based on the rules they were given. Riga wins in that regard.

I mean, Riga going from 8th to 1st is a still a huge climb and Riga gave up a lot of future picks to get to that spot. That's a risk he took. I still put heavy weight on that even if the playoffs are considered. I don't know though, I'd have to have that discussion if that were the case.

But, the playoffs in STHS are pretty fucked sometimes. I mean, you get teams like Seattle winning in S43, and even all the reverse sweeps that seem to just happen because they happen.

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I do understand your thinking that playoffs should be a factor. I wouldn't mind that happening, to be honest. But, for what it's worth, the BoG voted based on the rules they were given. Riga wins in that regard.

I mean, Riga going from 8th to 1st is a still a huge climb and Riga gave up a lot of future picks to get to that spot. That's a risk he took. I still put heavy weight on that even if the playoffs are considered. I don't know though, I'd have to have that discussion if that were the case.

But, the playoffs in STHS are pretty fucked sometimes. I mean, you get teams like Seattle winning in S43, and even all the reverse sweeps that seem to just happen because they happen.

Hopefully next step is that those rules are tweaked.

It is a huge climb and did not come without any risks, so brave and good moves that clearly worked, but should that risk taking still be so big factor in top executive award? If hedgehog now manages to win a cup next year with the same group of players, is he going to win the top GM award? I think he should, but is he? With current rules he wont.  That is crazy

I totally get that, in the playoffs anything can happen in good and in really bad :P

11 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Yea no. Playoffs are nearly random. Reflecting playoffs with top gm is flipping a coin. Qc's success was a continuity of what frank already built, which he was rewarded for

If the team actually wins the cup and plays well in the regular season before the playoffs, in that case the playoffs more than likely were not as random as if you see not as good regular season team surprisingly winning the cup.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Hopefully next step is that those rules are tweaked.

It is a huge climb and did not come without any risks, so brave and good moves that clearly worked, but should that risk taking still be so big factor in top executive award? If hedgehog now manages to win a cup next year with the same group of players, is he going to win the top GM award? I think he should, but is he? With current rules he wont.  That is crazy

I totally get that, in the playoffs anything can happen in good and in really bad :P

We'll have to see what happens in S57. Calgary and Quebec made some moves that will make them stronger. But it was the result of a Davos firesale, that I unfortunately didn't get to be part in. :P

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

We'll have to see what happens in S57. Calgary and Quebec made some moves that will make them stronger. But it was the result of a Davos firesale, that I unfortunately didn't get to be part in. :P

Anything is possible! There is always firesales, so good change you will have better luck next time :P

Just now, boubabi said:

You'll learn that the hard way

I for sure did this playoffs. I mean, Calgary > Toronto isn't the hugest upset, but those games were really baffling to me. Same exact teams, but yet some games were 30-30 shots and some games were 60-25 shots in favour of Calgary. Makes zero sense. :lol:

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

108 points though, not exactly a underdog winner.

Considering there was 4 good playoffs team..and we had the weaker record from all those 4

Yes I would say underdog 

Just now, boubabi said:

Considering there was 4 good playoffs team..and we had the weaker record from all those 4

Yes I would say underdog 

Legion and Reign were the underdogs, Helsinki and Americans were in between the underdogs and favorites (STO,QUE)

i just dont get how you are always the one to find something to complain about. its getting to a silly point right now where i think you just find shit to bitch out. 

Riga goes from 8th in a 10 team VHL to 1st in 1 season.

Quebec goes from what 3rd to 2nd and is coming off back to back seasons in the finals. so it was known they would be good. 

8th to 1st is much better than an already built team. when you have a loyal core it wouldn't be hard to just keep the team competitive and just keep on winning the Top GM award. yes Frank deserves credit for building a nice loyal team but he already got rewarded for that. 

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i just dont get how you are always the one to find something to complain about. its getting to a silly point right now where i think you just find shit to bitch out. 

Riga goes from 8th in a 10 team VHL to 1st in 1 season.

Quebec goes from what 3rd to 2nd and is coming off back to back seasons in the finals. so it was known they would be good. 

8th to 1st is much better than an already built team. when you have a loyal core it wouldn't be hard to just keep the team competitive and just keep on winning the Top GM award. yes Frank deserves credit for building a nice loyal team but he already got rewarded for that. 

What you mean? If I remember correctly, major complaining issues has been the welfare stuff for few times, terrible deals Helsinki did, then punkhippie and what should happen to him with the suspension and now this? Should we all just blindly follow the BOG and agree to everything, I cant open up if I feel something is not right or should be changed?

If Riga did all those moves, fair to say they were known to be good the moment the trades happened?

Frank did not got rewarded for that, he shared the award with Miller in a year that Miller should have alone won it with current rules or the GM who won the cup should have won it

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I´d say challenger, 108 points is better than underdog

Maybe...but they faced a team that 66-4-2 in the regular season that year.

Still can't believe we lost that year.

6-1-1 during the season vs HSK outscoring them 23-12.

I'd say they definitely were not favoured for sure.

Just now, ADV said:

Maybe...but they faced a team that 66-4-2 in the regular season that year.

Still can't believe we lost that year.

6-1-1 during the season vs HSK outscoring them 23-12.

I'd say they definitely were not favoured for sure.

Yea it was weird, almost too weird when you look at the regular season records between you guys. (Assuming Helsinki had almost the same roster when playoffs started and did not add anybody during trade deadline for example)

Not favorites, but a team that has enough quality to push the series to game 7

Just now, jRuutu said:

Yea it was weird, almost too weird when you look at the regular season records between you guys. (Assuming Helsinki had almost the same roster when playoffs started and did not add anybody during trade deadline for example)

Not favorites, but a team that has enough quality to push the series to game 7

Sure but they won in 6 which was unexpected.