VHL Skills Competition

diamond_ace

Now that 2000 word medias are rewarded for multiple weeks, I feel like this is the perfect time to bring back the VHL Skills Competition. Many of you will remember this, and I seem to recall it got a fond reception. I'll be doing it a little differently this time, rather than just filling people in where I think they fit, I'm going to ask my volunteers to specify where they'd prefer to go. I need people to volunteer their players for me to use in the skills competition; I'd like each opening to be filled if possible. Here is what I'm looking for:

Fastest Skater: 6 non-goalies

- Kiaskov

- Verner

- Johnsson

- Fujimoto

- Goalie race! Moon vs DeGrath

- Spot 2 for Goalie race

Fastest Shot: 6 non-goalies

- Sokolov

- Ay Ay Ron

- Federov

- Kiaskov

- Louth

- Hrdina

Creative Penalty Shot: 6 non-goalies

- Cornerstone

- MFSharpe

- Verner

- Louth

Obstacle Course: 6 non-goalies

- Muller

- MFSharpe

- Johnsson

- Fujimoto

- Sokolov

- Hrdina

EXTRAS (Place where needed):

Italics are temporarily placed!

- Sokolov add to either Skater/OC

- Louth - any

- Hrdina - any

Goalies (to participate in stopping shots in Creative Penalty Shot and in the final shootout): 6 goalies

- Moon

- Degrath

- Arkander

- Brookside guest

Final Shootout: every participating player at least once

So ideally I'd like 24 skaters and 6 goalies - this can be adjusted if we get more or fewer. If you want to participate, post in this thread. Please also tell me which skill you want to participate in (or if you are fine with either of two, either of three, or all) - obviously, the preference excludes goalies as all goalies will face at least one Creative Penalty Shot and at least one round of the final shootout (goalies will be divided into "teams" by TPE - 1st and 4th on one side, 2nd and 3rd on the other, and 5th and 6th to the higher/lower sides respectively). First come first serve, but as much as possible I'll try to expand some of the simpler events to include latecomers up to a certain point, or remove an event if this isn't as popular as it used to be.

The plan is for this to go up sometime next week - I did a two week article last week, so this week I'm still covered. What I might do as well (and I did not do this in prior editions of VHL Skills Competition) is write up the Creative Penalty Shot part ahead of time, and leave first/second/third to a community vote. Fastest Shot/Fastest Skater/Obstacle Course will be random number generator, and I reserve some poetic license for the final shootout.

*Be warned, by entering this, there is a chance your player could suck - please be fine with this if you enter. It's not that I hate you, it's that the random number generator hates you, I have no control over that.*

Edited by diamond_ace

So this isn't anywhere near as popular as I'd hoped. I remember back in the day a looot of people signed up for it. What I'm going to do then, is I'll use everyone twice. Those of you who've already said two things, you'll get them both. Those of you who've said one thing, if you're interested in doing two things, I'll need another one (If you're only interested in the one, that's fine, some of my old guys can make guest appearances as needed). I'll then apply Louth and Hrdina to things to make them even - still might only have 4 instead of 6 in some comps.

@Banackock @solas @Exlaxchronicles @Beketov

@boubabi if you want to have your two guys each go twice, you could have one in each category or overlap somewhere

As for goalies, I can just have Brookside make a guest appearance and go against Moon.

@JardyB10 I know you used to enjoy these back when I did them half the league's lifetime ago, do you want in?

@Bring Back Chat You said sure when I PMed you so where do you want your guy?

(To be fair, it might be buried a bit in this forum and so people might not have looked at it, but this is the forum it would go into)

Team Shaw:

Louth

Sokolov

Johnsson

Cornerstone

Kiaskov

Intranquilo

Muller

Degrath

Brookside

Team Scarlett:

Sharpe

Komarov

Hrdina

Fujimoto

Verner

Ay Ay Ron

Federov

Arkander

Moon

Teams were split in such a way as to make each comp hold 3 players from each team.