S57 Playoffs

JardyB10

Hello you league full of delicious corns on the cob!

Today has been the last day of the VHL regular season. As always, we will need a day (maybe even two!) to get updates and affairs in orders, so playoffs shall be slated to begin Thursday, November 23rd, 2017. Or Friday if needed.

:cheers:

On 11/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, Devise said:

Season just blew by, wowsa. Playoff time though so finally stakes right? :P 

Blew by? Lol felt like forever..

just a friendly reminder that we have the Draft Lotto before the day of the Draft pls. 

25 minutes ago, STZ said:

Blew by? Lol felt like forever..

just a friendly reminder that we have the Draft Lotto before the day of the Draft pls. 

I'll see if @Higgins wants to run it as normal this year, but it'll be done well before the draft, no worries. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, Devise said:

I'll see if @Higgins wants to run it as normal this year, but it'll be done well before the draft, no worries. 

Timeline? We are now in the finals..

its not not like the league couldn’t use some extra interest generation...

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, STZ said:

Timeline? We are now in the finals..

its not not like the league couldn’t use some extra interest generation...

I told @Higgins yesterday it should be done either last night or today 

SO if he doesnt do it today one of us will do it tomorrow at the latest 

Can we not delegate tasks to @Devise or @Beketov?

This is the second year in a row where the Playoffs will finish before the Lotto happens. Nothing special even happened for the playoffs or finals.

Why ask for suggestions if we can’t even do the basic things to generate interest..

32 minutes ago, STZ said:

This is the second year in a row where the Playoffs will finish before the Lotto happens. Nothing special even happened for the playoffs or finals.

Why ask for suggestions if we can’t even do the basic things to generate interest..

Heck its not like any active member couldnt put the numbers into a random generator and do it in 30 seconds either :P

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Heck its not like any active member couldnt put the numbers into a random generator and do it in 30 seconds either :P

I mean it is live streamed.

It shouldn’t just be thrown together anyways. We should have been creating hype. In all honesty this draft build up has been pretty weak all around without @Kendrick and his rankings.. should pay him the same as Mag editor for those tbh

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, STZ said:

I’ve been busy. Devise said he was going to do it today.

54 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’ve been busy. Devise said he was going to do it today.

Yeah apologies @STZ we've all been busy. 

2 hours ago, STZ said:

I mean it is live streamed.

It shouldn’t just be thrown together anyways. We should have been creating hype. In all honesty this draft build up has been pretty weak all around without @Kendrick and his rankings.. should pay him the same as Mag editor for those tbh

As for this. The "illusion" that any of this has anything to do with payment or TPE needs to be eradicated immediately. This Blue Team has been offering payment rewards higher than ever to get people engaged. I personally have been warning this whole community about these very things for months before I was Blue. The working members of this community have been doing this a long time. We are older, and much much busier now than we ever were. Further than that, there specific as it relates to Kendrick, there are aspects of this community that he doesn't want to deal with and because of that we are in a position where he has no interest in doing any more work. I'm sure some of that also has to do with how busy he is, based on my conversations with him. 

The long and short of it is this league is not in good shape, and the few of us that are doing what we can and trying to help out shouldn't be faulted because we are also busy. I try to keep as much of an eye on this site during the weekend as I can, and then often do a bit more during the week. But the amount of eagerness coming from the community at large is low.. People can look and call it a lack of a leadership or things like a simple draft lotto not being done on time as reasons, but they aren't. League activity has been way down, and a lot of the internal Blue conversations have been more about larger subject matter. 

Regardless, I'll be doing the lotto today/tonight when I get a second. The draft likely won't be till later this week anyway so there should still be more time provided than last season to arrange trades. Keep in mind though with the possibility of contraction coming up, I don't exactly know how everything is going to be handled this off-season.