POLL: Should EU teams relocate to NA?

hedgehog337

so?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like the blue team is or was discussing it for some time. It wasn't really a thing until we cut two teams out, leaving the VHL with only three EU teams. @Kendrick already covered the topic on this article (oddly enough, he also suggested to move from QUE to Prague, which could leave the VHL with one EU team). So will this happen? I need 150 something words so here's pro and con:

PRO - new members aren't going to be confused with EU teams, like ''where tf is Davos or Riga? And I don't know where's Finland either''. Makes it easier to retain them.

CON - A lil bit hard to cut some successful franchises like Davos and Helsinki. Probably not every member will be ok with it either. Also, as far as I know the VHL is the only league who's having more than NA teams which makes this league kinda unique.

As about me - knowing I'm from Riga, I would be meh with it. And I'm too lazy to think about some NA destination and the GFX thing isn't even my part for doing logo.

But I made the poll, as always. Good luck in voting.

1 TPE goes to Krīgars

Edited by hedgehog337

One thing I haven't seen discussed much: If we're moving EU teams to NA, but we're worried about losing VHL history, there's an easy way to avoid this.

Helsinki becomes the Ottawa Lynx 

Riga becomes the Saskatoon Wild.

Davos becomes the Vasteras Golden Eagles Yukon Rush

Then reintroduce Brampton, Minot, Syracuse, whatever you want to fill out VHLM ranks.

I don't really care either way because I don't pay much attention to team locations, and I'd probably tend on the side of not moving for legacy purposes. But worth a thought.

• Commissioner

@Kendrick‘s suggestion for Prague confused me at first too until I realized he added it as a second option, not in conjunction with the others. So basically either move the 3 EU teams to NA or move Quebec to EU to balance things back out.

16 minutes ago, Beketov said:

@Kendrick‘s suggestion for Prague confused me at first too until I realized he added it as a second option, not in conjunction with the others. So basically either move the 3 EU teams to NA or move Quebec to EU to balance things back out.

Quebec moving out would be the easiest.

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, KGR said:

Quebec moving out would be the easiest.

Not true, leaving everything as is would be the easiest. As @boubabi points out as of now we have 1 conference so there’s no real need to balance. It’s no different than there being fewer Canadian NHL teams really.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

I feel like the blue team is or was discussing it for some time. It wasn't really a thing until we cut two teams out, leaving the VHL with only three EU teams. @Kendrick already covered the topic on this article (oddly enough, he also suggested to move from QUE to Prague, which could leave the VHL with one EU team).

Actually it wouldn't. There are two scenario's in that article haha

is this poll serious?

wtf

" PRO - new members aren't going to be confused with EU teams, like ''where tf is Davos or Riga? And I don't know where's Finland either''. Makes it easier to retain them. "

LMAOOOO

Edited by Ahma

4 minutes ago, Ahma said:

is this poll serious?

wtf

" PRO - new members aren't going to be confused with EU teams, like ''where tf is Davos or Riga? And I don't know where's Finland either''. Makes it easier to retain them. "

LMAOOOO

What's lmao with that huh? Do you think every person in the world knows geography that well? lmao

I think the most important thing is having the city's where the player base is most people here to my knowledge are from NA having teams near where your from/live could give you a sense of commitment to the teams even though it's all pretend.

Im all for moving the teams to NA

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Tell that to people who don't know where Switzerland is 3w2MWDX.png

It's in Africa right? Near Venezuela :kappa:

28 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

What's lmao with that huh? Do you think every person in the world knows geography that well? lmao

man I like to hope people who join know where Riga and Davos are lol it's grade school stuff

9 minutes ago, Tyler said:

man I like to hope people who join know where Riga and Davos are lol it's grade school stuff

I can guarantee you there are people with college degrees who don't know where Riga is. Probably Davos too, though that's a tiny bit more in U.S. news.

Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

I can guarantee you there are people with college degrees who don't know where Riga is. Probably Davos too, though that's a tiny bit more in U.S. news.

hmmmm you'd think people would but you're probably right. I asked people at work and only one knew where either one was lol.