Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

:tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser :tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

**All Legion members and others if you choose, if you need questions for Press Conferences for more TPE, then you can answer the ones I post in here.**

• Your thoughts so far on the VHL scoring race?
  • Your thoughts so far on the VHLM standings?
  • Do you think Boeser's current scoring pace in the VHL is sustainable?
  • What's wrong with Cornerstone? He's doing alright, but not as great as last season.
  • If there were a move/expansion, what location would you want a team to be in?

@bukss_a@Shaka@Jepox@Molholt@124715

On 4/25/2018 at 3:29 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Your thoughts so far on the VHL scoring race?

Seems interesting so far. Thought Boeser would run away from others, but his teammates and some other 74 OV scrub are keeping it close. Probably it's still his year, but you never know with the STHS.

What's wrong with Cornerstone? He's doing alright, but not as great as last season.

Boubabi was banned. /Thread. But yes, this ban didn't allow him to recover from a depreciation and Corner is having problems now. He may pick it up in the second half of season, but it's not certain.

If there were a move/expansion, what location would you want a team to be in?

Limbaži a.k.a. my hometown. You can check it on google if you want it. If a NA team, then Vancouver, Mercer Island or Portland to just troll @Banackock

REBUILD, NATION.

**All Legion members and others if you choose, if you need questions for Press Conferences for more TPE, then you can answer the ones I post in here.**

• What is wrong with the Calgary Wranglers? They seem to have a lot stronger of a roster than the sim implies.
  • Your guess on rookie of the year?
  • NHL related, what round do you imagine the Golden Knights being eliminated, or do you think they win the cup?
  • What would you like to see from the VHL?
  • What member would you like to play with in the future?

1. Why is Toronto doing so poorly this season?

2. What is the plan with the upcoming draft for needs?

3. Is relocation a concern with the poor performance in this season?

4. Do you ever see the team reliving it's glory days of 3 Continental Cups in a row?

5. Where does the team see itself halfway through the season when selling?

On 5/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, DollarAndADream said:
  • What is wrong with the Calgary Wranglers? They seem to have a lot stronger of a roster than the sim implies.
  • Your guess on rookie of the year?
  • NHL related, what round do you imagine the Golden Knights being eliminated, or do you think they win the cup?
  • What would you like to see from the VHL?
  • What member would you like to play with in the future?

1. I think they will be on the comeup soon. This team beat NY three times in a row, it's just they're inconsistent yet. And only two good/star forwards isn't the best strategy if you want to win too. 

2. Dragomir. /thread. Roux is fine, but not on Quebec's forward level. Arroyo is also playing decent, but he's in a contender team. It's hard to do much noise in a strong team as a rookie if you're not Krīgars. 

3. They will lose in finals imo. 

4. More extra PT's for good TPE ammount. Members need to be more involved here, you know. 

5. It's more like what member I'd like to draft more. I don't really care about it. As long as he has a decent LR presence and is a consistent at updating his player (even if this is a welfare), he's good to me. 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:51 PM, pennypenny said:

1. Why is Toronto doing so poorly this season?

2. What is the plan with the upcoming draft for needs?

3. Is relocation a concern with the poor performance in this season?

4. Do you ever see the team reliving it's glory days of 3 Continental Cups in a row?

5. Where does the team see itself halfway through the season when selling?

1. This is the first season of Toronto's rebuild. We blew up the team in the off-season, so this is where we're at right now. :)

2. We'll be looking to fill in any position. It's the start of the rebuild, and although we have prospects in the system, we can use anyone anywhere moving forward.

3. Relocation is not a concern. Toronto has been through many ups and downs. This is the team that won 3 cups in a row 10 seasons ago. Went through a rebuild after that, was contending for the past while here, and now it's time to rebuild again.

4. I think we could get back there one day. We contended the past 3 seasons, just ultimately did not come out on top, despite being a favourite for 2 of them. It's the luck of the sim, sometimes.

5. We have a couple of players on the roster who we will try and sell. Draft picks are the main game moving forward.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Who do you think has the most goals in the VHLM by season's end?
  • What about points?
  • Do you think Oslo can hold on to that 1st place spot in the standings?
  • Do you play in any other sim leagues other than VHL? Which is your favourite?
  • Does Vegas go all the way in the NHL playoffs?

REBUILD, NATION.

• If you had to guess, what season would Toronto come out of this rebuild?
  • Which player in the massive upcoming S61 VHL Draft would you say is the biggest diamond in the rough?
  • Why do you think so many people created a player and then just disappeared? Do you expect some of them back?
  • Which S61 draftee do you expect to have the biggest rookie VHL season?
  • NHL: Which teams do you expect to come out of each Conference Final? WSH/TB - LV/WPG

On 5/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, DollarAndADream said:

If you had to guess, what season would Toronto come out of this rebuild?

I'm only just now coming out of my coma. What year is it?

Which player in the massive upcoming S61 VHL Draft would you say is the biggest diamond in the rough?

I don't know that I see one. Seems to be top heavy and any "diamond" is hard to predict right now.

Why do you think so many people created a player and then just disappeared? Do you expect some of them back?

The affiliate caused a rush of activity. Those people WANT to be involved here. They just have to find the right balance, like I'm having to do.

Which S61 draftee do you expect to have the biggest rookie VHL season?

Josh Stronk @Beerfridge

NHL: Which teams do you expect to come out of each Conference Final? WSH/TB - LV/WPG

I'm from Tampa so I have to pick the Lightning. And then I'm going WPG.

:tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser:tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Does Vegas win the Stanley Cup? What are their chances against TBL/WSH?
  • What is the main reason for the Vegas Golden Knights' success?
  • Who goes 1st overall in the S61 Draft?
  • Who wins VHL MVP?
  • Who will be the points leader at the end of the season?

On 5/23/2018 at 9:17 AM, DollarAndADream said:

Does Vegas win the Stanley Cup? What are their chances against TBL/WSH?

Sadly, my Lightning aren't in it. I don't know about chances. I don't even know who to root for. I'm thinking both seem to be making an improbable run.

What is the main reason for the Vegas Golden Knights' success?

As John Cooper put it "I'll tell you how it happened: They got an owner that hired an unreal [general manager] and they got an unreal GM that hired an unreal coach. They were all left to do their jobs. They were given a framework to work with. They could've screwed it up or they could've done really well, and they chose to do really well. They played within the rules that were given to them, and this is what you get."

Who goes 1st overall in the S61 Draft?

Josh Stronk

Who wins VHL MVP?

Gabriel McAllister

Who will be the points leader at the end of the season?

Gabriel McAllister's on a roll. No way he drops the lead.

:tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser:tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

• What is the key to Washington possibly beating Vegas in the Stanley Cup Finals?
  • Who wins the Founder's Cup in the VHLM? Saskatoon or Ottawa?
  • Who is the most improved player in the VHLM? Who rebounded from a bad season?
  • Who do you think goes 1st overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft? Is it Leph Twinger (my player)? :P
  • If you could name a player for VHL playoff MVP right now, who would it be?

On 5/29/2018 at 5:05 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Who do you think goes 1st overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft? Is it Leph Twinger (my player)? :P

There are some interesting players for the #1 pick, your dude is included. Ruutu and Pandar can put up a fight for that as well and Advantage is a dark horse. Didn't looked up to the S62 draftee list properly though so probably I missed some big name.

If you could name a player for VHL playoff MVP right now, who would it be?

Locke is reminding himself of his glory days, but the vote would go to AAR, he's a good def.

Who wins the Founder's Cup in the VHLM? Saskatoon or Ottawa?

Don't really pay attention to VHLM, but Sasky looks stronger so my money goes for them. Curious to see my players there, it's been a while since I was opening the VHLM index.

REBUILD, NATION.

• NHL Playoffs: Washington in 5? 6? 7? Vegas in 7?
  • The main reason New York lost to Helsinki in the Cup Finals?
  • Who is Helsinki's playoff MVP, now that they won?
  • Your most anticipated player in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft?
  • Your biggest VHLM prospect for next season?

On 6/6/2018 at 5:43 AM, DollarAndADream said:

NHL Playoffs: Washington in 5? 6? 7? Vegas in 7?

I was rooting for the Caps. Was really awesome to see. Expected it to go 6 or 7.

The main reason New York lost to Helsinki in the Cup Finals?

Well, they scored fewer goals than Helsinki and that was their undoing.

Who is Helsinki's playoff MVP, now that they won?

Has to be Franchise Cornterstone. That guy, he's a real Franchise Cornerstone.

Your most anticipated player in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft?

Haven't been paying attention. Is Stronk still an amateur?

Your biggest VHLM prospect for next season?

My recreate?! I haven't decided if I'm sticking with Jonas or not, sadly. Just feel like I want a fresh start.

@DollarAndADream

1. How do you feel the draft went for TOR?

2. Who do you feel was TOR's biggest "steal"?

3. Who do you think won the draft?

4. Who do you think lost the draft?

5. Which player, in the entire draft, could end up being the biggest steal and the biggest bust?

+1 Forsberg

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

@DollarAndADream

1. How do you feel the draft went for TOR?

2. Who do you feel was TOR's biggest "steal"?

3. Who do you think won the draft?

4. Who do you think lost the draft?

5. Which player, in the entire draft, could end up being the biggest steal and the biggest bust?

+1 Forsberg

1. I have a great feeling about my draft. I might not have had a top 10 pick, but I think I got a lot of good names, and guys with good potential late.

2. I can say a ton about @pennypenny Robert Malenko. He should have gone higher if you ask me. He's going to be a star alongside my own defenseman now. Other than him, I think guys like @troy Lew Bronstein or @Barracuda Greg Santos could be late steals in the draft.

3. I think Riga won for sure. They barely finished contending, and now they have a jumpstart in their rebuild with a franchise center (Cast), defenseman (Stromberg), and goaltender (Aamo). Not to mention Preencaracion. That's 2/3 of a top line, a #1 D and a #1 out of 1 draft, and I think they're basically all guarantees. It's a shame about that Stromberg error that led him to fall that low. Would have been taken higher otherwise. The only 2 questions are if Daniel (Aamo) and Tagger (Preencarnacion) stay active. That will be the big thing regarding Riga's future. 

4. Davos or New York. New York only had a late pick in Victor Ball, who might end up being nothing. Davos at least got Jacob Smith who is active now.

5. Stromberg is the biggest steal. Alvaro Jokinen I would say might be the biggest bust, but Quebec just traded him for a 2nd. I guess at the very least they got a free 2nd rounder out of him, but there were names that Quebec could have taken instead rather than waste a pick on a guy you know you have to trade to Davos. Other than that, it could be Tagger's player? I love the guy, but last time he had a player, I drafted him and he was gone right away. Aackckqz Ky, the defenseman. Although that player was more of an experiment from him anyways, and maybe the motivations weren't there to keep him active.

I'm just answering this out of kindness. I can't claim this shit.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Now that the VHL Draft has finished, which top player do you expect to have the biggest impact, jumping straight into the VHL?
  • Who do you think is the biggest draft steal?
  • Who do you think is possibly the biggest bust?
  • Which team out of all VHL teams do you think won the draft?
  • Do you think my player, Sebastian Ironside will have a big impact stepping into the VHL next season?
  • Who is your top pick to the win the cup next season in the VHL?
  • NHL related, where do you think Ilya Kovalchuk signs?

@bukss_a@Shaka@Jepox@Molholt@124715@iRockstar@troy@pennypenny@Barracuda@Broalie34@10293lolo 2nd

22 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Now that the VHL Draft has finished, which top player do you expect to have the biggest impact, jumping straight into the VHL?
  • Who do you think is the biggest draft steal?
  • Who do you think is possibly the biggest bust?
  • Which team out of all VHL teams do you think won the draft?
  • Do you think my player, Sebastian Ironside will have a big impact stepping into the VHL next season?
  • Who is your top pick to the win the cup next season in the VHL?
  • NHL related, where do you think Ilya Kovalchuk signs?

@bukss_a@Shaka@Jepox@Molholt@124715@iRockstar@troy@pennypenny@Barracuda@Broalie34@10293lolo 2nd

1. I'm not sure who the would have the biggest impact jumping straight into the VHL to be quite honest with you. If I had to choose, IT would probably be one of the Wingers, or one of the high TPE Goalies.

2. The biggest draft steal would probably have to be Robert Malenko. @pennypenny is super active on the site. His player also has high TPE.

3. The biggest bust would have to be Carey Price. He has the lowest TPE out of all the goalies, and hasn't been active for a few months.

4.I think the team that won the draft this year, is Quebec.

5. Yes, I do think that Sebastian Ironside will have a big impact stepping into the VHL next season.

6. I am Hoping Our team will take home the Cup.

7. I think that Ilya Kovalchuk will sign with the San Jose Sharks.

:tor::tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser:tor::tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Unrelated to the VHL, which country to you think will win the soccer World Cup?
  • This far into the season, which player surprises you most in the VHL?
  • After seeing the early performances, who do you think has the best shot at rookie of the year?
  • Who is the MVP of their team so far?
  • How do you expect Keaton Louth to perform now that he switched from D to RW?
  • Who do you think wins rookie of the year in the NHL?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, DollarAndADream said:

:tor::tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser:tor::tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Unrelated to the VHL, which country to you think will win the soccer World Cup?
  • This far into the season, which player surprises you most in the VHL?
  • After seeing the early performances, who do you think has the best shot at rookie of the year?
  • Who is the MVP of their team so far?
  • How do you expect Keaton Louth to perform now that he switched from D to RW?
  • Who do you think wins rookie of the year in the NHL?

1. I think that Japan will win the soccer World Cup.

2. I think the player that surprises me most this far in the VHL is Markus King.

3. I think the player that has the best shot at rookie of the year is Markus King.

4. I think the MVP on our team would have to be Sebastian Ironside.

5. I believe that Keaton Louth will play much better than he did before.

6. I think the player  that wins Rookie of the year in the NHL is Mathew Barzal.