Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

On 5/7/2024 at 2:57 PM, v.2 said:

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. The Continental Cup Finals are set - London V.S. Seattle.  Who do you think will win the cup?

2. Despite our early exit do you think we had a good enough season to warrant another run at competing next season?

3. With the offseason approaching, do you think you will be as engaged in the VHL or do you lose interest during the lull?

4. What do you think is important for management to address within our roster this offseason?

5. Are you excited for this seasons VHL draft?

6. The Leafs lose another 1st round series in the NHL.  What do you think they should do first this off season?

1. I am not sure, but I think that the Seattle Bears will win the Continental Cup in 7 games.

2. I strongly believe that we can compete next season and I also believe that we can win another Cup.

3. I currently have a lot going on with real life stuff (school, work, etc.), so I will be a little bit less active in the next couple of week, but I will still do the minimum.

4. I don't think there is much to do, I just think the management needs to sign everyone and keep the team like this.

5. Yes, this season's draft is really good and I think we can get a couple of good prospects out of it.

6. I think they need to understand that they need good defensemen if they want to win the Cup and not only forwards that they are paying way too much.

1. We are currently hanging on to the top spot overall in the VHL but a few teams are close behind. Can we hold on and capture our first Victory Cup since S67?
Sadly we wont. :(

2. We're on pace to have our best offensive season since S81 (279 GF). How many goals will we have by the end of the season?

265 sounds right.

3. Which do you think will happen first in the VHL: The next 70-goal scorer or 100-assist scorer?
Assists for sure.

4. If Toronto used a third color to accent the double blue jerseys, what color do you think would look good?
Gold would look good i think 

5. Diego Machado is on pace to become Toronto's first 50-goal scorer since Paul Atreides in S83. Will he make it and how many goals will he end up with?
He falls off and doesn't even get 45 :(

6. Which NHL playoff matchup intrigues you the most? Which matchup could you care less about?
My team didnt make it and my hometown team go shit on round 1 so i just hope EDM or VAN win the ship. 

1. I would have chosen London due to Teno but Seattle proved to everyone that they are still a franchise to be reckoned with.

2. I think we'll keep the playoffs. With my final depreciation, I doubt many will see us as true contenders but if we believe and keep working hard, we can make a run.

3. I'll try not to fall into a lull even though it's busy irl, but I have lots of things I want to accomplish before I retire.

4. Bringing in some depth especially on the blueline is important. Once again, the four-man defense corp proved to be the way to team build. It will be tricky under the cap but limiting Bot playing time is crucial.

5. I'm excited to see which prospects we add to the organization as we have so few currently.

6. Well, Keefe is gone. That's one. Drop Samsonov and make a core 4 change whether it's Marner or Tavares. Also, their blueline is not working. Lots of changes need to happen. Treliving will have a busy summer - or he should.

On 5/7/2024 at 2:57 PM, v.2 said:

1. The Continental Cup Finals are set - London V.S. Seattle.  Who do you think will win the cup?

2. Despite our early exit do you think we had a good enough season to warrant another run at competing next season?

3. With the offseason approaching, do you think you will be as engaged in the VHL or do you lose interest during the lull?

4. What do you think is important for management to address within our roster this offseason?

5. Are you excited for this seasons VHL draft?

6. The Leafs lose another 1st round series in the NHL.  What do you think they should do first this off season?

1. Probably Seattle, just a hunch.

2. I think that we should be trying to stay competitive every season. We have the luxury of having a lot of very high TPE players, and it would be a waste to not push to win with them.

3. I had the unique spot of not really being able to earn TPE at the end of the season with the salary bracket, so I dialled it back for a week or two. Back in the saddle again, and it's go time for the off-season grind!

4. That's the million dollar question, isn't it? How to fit all the puzzle pieces together in a way that works for everybody and keeps us competitive this season.

5. Yep! Draft interviews have gone out, the responses so far have been fun to read. Looking forward to adding new members to the Legion family.

6. Ugh, how long do you have? Knew that Keefe was going to be the fall guy for the Shanascam, although he somehow escapes any consequence for his decade of relative failure. I think that it's beyond time to move on from Marner this off-season, but getting him to waive his NMC will be difficult and probably results in a lesser return in a trade. At this point just trade him to get his money off the cap and get him to a market that he can handle. Otherwise, I'm sure there will be tinkering, but not much large change.

1. Well, the off-season is upon us. What are your goals to be better for S94?

2. We say goodbye to Steve Lattimer @pugsood who scored 141 points in 126 games for us. What are your parting words for him?

3. We welcome Nils Andersson @Viper and James MacAvoy @Enraged to the team. What do you want to tell them about this team?

4. What off-season tournament/event/fantasy draft are you most looking forward to and why?

5. Who's your NHL Eastern Conference pick to make it to the Final - Rangers or Panthers?

6. Who's your NHL Western Conference pick to make it to the Final - Stars, Oilers, or Canucks?

1. My main goal is to finish PPG this year

2. I never talked to you or played with you which is rather unfortunate looking at your point totals, good luck in the future!

3. Look forward to playing with y’all

4. I don’t really pay attention to the offseason stuff, I’m not too particularly excited for anything

5. I have the rangers losing in the finals

6. I have the stars winning in the finals

Win or bust really. We have a great squad and should be able to contend again this season.

2. We say goodbye to Steve Lattimer @pugsood who scored 141 points in 126 games for us. What are your parting words for him?

Thanks for having some great seasons with us - you were a great teammate and wish you the best.

3. We welcome Nils Andersson @Viper and James MacAvoy @Enraged to the team. What do you want to tell them about this team?

We are star studded and much more oriented to score by committee. Looking forward to going on a run with you.

4. What off-season tournament/event/fantasy draft are you most looking forward to and why?

I'm already ready for training camp - not sure what else to look forward to. Lets start playing hockey!

5. Who's your NHL Eastern Conference pick to make it to the Final - Rangers or Panthers?

I picked the Rangers in my pool to go to the finals and I'm going to stick to that.

6. Who's your NHL Western Conference pick to make it to the Final - Stars, Oilers, or Canucks?

I originally picked the Oilers but they seem to have a bit of weakness exposed a few times. The Stars are on a heater.

get another 100 point season with 50 goals! 

2. We say goodbye to Steve Lattimer @pugsood who scored 141 points in 126 games for us. What are your parting words for him?
I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

3. We welcome Nils Andersson @Viper and James MacAvoy @Enraged to the team. What do you want to tell them about this team?
Cup or bust 

Pro-am is always a good time! 

Panthers in 6

Stars are a wagon but i think edm might be able to beat them if they get past van i think with out demko is worry some even though silos has been solid 

On 5/18/2024 at 2:26 PM, animal74 said:

2. We say goodbye to Steve Lattimer @pugsood who scored 141 points in 126 games for us. What are your parting words for him?

3. We welcome Nils Andersson @Viper and James MacAvoy @Enraged to the team. What do you want to tell them about this team?

1. I'm hoping to take the next step offensively this season and try to challenge for the top 5 in points in the VHL. It was good to take a big jump forward last season in points, I'd like to continue that momentum.

2. Thank you for your time here, it's never easy trading somebody off of a team that doesn't experience a lot of change. Good luck in Moscow this season, they're getting a great player and person.

3. Much like I just mentioned, we're not really a group that goes through a ton of change. We've added both of you for a reason, and look forward to you being a part of this group for multiple seasons! Let's go win a Championship together!

4. I enjoy doing the VHFL each season, it's cool to have something else to follow during the season than just the regular standings and stuff. This is the first season that I've put my name forward to be a group leader for it as well, so hopefully that goes through!

5. This feels like a tough series to predict, especially with both teams coming off a bit of a rest between each series. I think the Rangers might actually have a shot at breaking the President's Trophy curse this season, so give me them in 7.

6. I don't want to short change the talent that the Oilers have, but this series doesn't feel quite as difficult to predict as the East series in my opinion. The only problem for the Stars might be that they're going to have the long layoff in between their last series and this one, while the Oilers are still in their rhythm. I'll take the Stars in 6 for this series.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:26 PM, animal74 said:

2. We say goodbye to Steve Lattimer who scored 141 points in 126 games for us. What are your parting words for him?

3. We welcome Nils Andersson and James MacAvoy to the team. What do you want to tell them about this team?

1. My goal is to do as much as I can to help the team win at all costs. Whether it be leadership or earning more, the goal is the cup.

2. Well, I never played with him since I was traded for him, but his impact cannot be ignored, all the best in Moscow.

3. It's good to be here, a good team to ride out my career with and hopefully pick up some hardware along the way.

4. The drafts are always the most fun, it's super cool to see how the future of each franchise is altered.

5. I had the Rangers making it to the finals since round 1, still sticking to that.

6. Same thing, had the Stars making it all the way, I think they will do so and create an entertaining final.

1. Regular season week is here! How excited are you for S94 to begin?

2. What goals are you setting for your player this season?

3. How has your spring been so far? Any big plans for the summer?

4. Who on the team are you most looking forward to playing with this season?

5. Where do you have us finishing in the North American Conference this season?

6. Are you currently streaming/watching a show? If so, what show is it?

1. I’m pretty damn excited. After a good rookie season, I’m hoping I can improve with better linemates.

2. my main goal is to win the cup this season but my main individual goal is to finish point per game

3. My spring has been pretty good so far! I’m graduating this year and I plan on taking a gap year before I head on to college, so I don’t really have any summer plans as of rn

4. Since it’s my first season here, I’m looking forward to playing with everyone tbh, there isn’t a single player I’m more or less excited at the prospect of playing with

5. We’re finishing first in the division, first in the league without question. The team is already incredible but adding me? We’re unstoppable.

6. I’m not a huge tv show guy but I did recently finish Ted lasso which is now my favourite show of all time. Legitimately one of the best shows ever made.

1. I'm excited although it's bittersweet being my last season with Castle. I'm going to enjoy the ride and hopefully it's a good one!

2. Continental Cup. That is the goal. 

3. Busy with kids' sports, mainly basketball. Hopefully summer will bring a bit more relaxation at the trailer and we have a trip to Vancouver Island planned.

4. James MacAvoy @Enraged has brought great energy since we got him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this season!

5. I think we can get 1st in the conference. We're deep everywhere and other teams have lost some of their depth. On paper, we have four of the best 12 players in the league and the best goalie. We let 1st slip away from us last season - we won't do that again.

6. Only the NHL playoffs when I have time, LOL. Got to finish Rings of Power too...

On 5/27/2024 at 1:05 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. Regular season week is here! How excited are you for S94 to begin? I am excited to start my first season in the VHL.  Its been a long, okay not so short journey but I am ready for it to start!

2. What goals are you setting for your player this season? I expected to lead the league in Shots blocked.  I would also like to be in the top 10 for assist on the team.

3. How has your spring been so far? Any big plans for the summer? It has been a hot, dry spring.  I can't wait for the rainy season to come.  Its my Sons first summer break from school so we are going to try and keep him busy.

4. Who on the team are you most looking forward to playing with this season? I can't wait to play with Bobby Bob on the defense.  I want to eventually by the 1/2 pairing with them.

5. Where do you have us finishing in the North American Conference this season? We are going to finish first this season.  It will be a great season, the best!

6. Are you currently streaming/watching a show? If so, what show is it? I am rewatching Community, still waiting for the movie.  Six seasons and a movie!

On 5/27/2024 at 2:35 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. Always excited at the start of the new season.  We have a nice looking roster on our hands yet again! No doubt we’ll do well in the regular season, but I hope we can make up for our disappointing first round exit last season.

2. Still hoping to crack 100 pts for the first time ever in Atlas’ career.  Hopefully inch closer to leading the franchise in goals.

3. No big plans, just hoping to grind a bit and for some good weather and outdoor activities.

4. Excited to share Castle’s final season with him!

5. I have us finishing top 3, hopefully can secure a victory cup this time! NA seems a bit weaker which could be good news for us.

6. Nah not really, when I do have time to watch TV it’s usually NHL playoffs, South Park, or a nature documentary. 

Very. The Legion should be contenders again! 

over 100 points again 

Going to Portugal in September but other than that no.

Callahan duh

1st

I finished shogun so now im waiting for the new starwars show to come out 

1. We've started the season 8-3-0 so far. What has been the biggest contributor to that good start?

2. Who is looking like our biggest challenge in the North American division early in the season?

3. Oilers and Panthers in the Cup Final. Who do you have winning, and in how many games?

4. Joel Castle is set to make his 500th appearance in net for us this week. How important has this Legion legend been to the team? 

5. We've got 5 players in the top 10 in points so far this season (Jaks, 22;  Atlas, 20;  Bob, 19;  Machado, 19;  Callahan, 18). By this time next week, which player will be leading?

6. Who is your favourite band (or bands) to listen to?

1. I think it’s been everyone contributing a lot. No single person has done very little and everyone has contributed offensively or defensively enough that it’s allowed us to stay on top most games.

2. I don’t think anyone in our division will be able to challenge us enough tbh. I think we’re gonna be winning almost every game.

3. I think panthers take it in 6. I desperately want Tarasenko to take home another cup, and defeating the oilers to do it would be hilarious.

4. From what I gather, he’s been instrumental for us for many seasons. I’m glad I got to play at least one season with him.

5. I think Jaks stays on top. He’s been dominating every game so far and I don’t see a reason why he’d slow down rn.

6. My favourite band is easily Sakoya. Relatively small hard rock band, all things considered. They only have 1 EP out atm so their discography is still pretty small.

7 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. We've started the season 8-3-0 so far. What has been the biggest contributor to that good start?

2. Who is looking like our biggest challenge in the North American division early in the season?

3. Oilers and Panthers in the Cup Final. Who do you have winning, and in how many games?

4. Joel Castle is set to make his 500th appearance in net for us this week. How important has this Legion legend been to the team? 

5. We've got 5 players in the top 10 in points so far this season (Jaks, 22;  Atlas, 20;  Bob, 19;  Machado, 19;  Callahan, 18). By this time next week, which player will be leading?

1. We have tons of firepower upfront, and a bolstered defence core. 

2. So far Calgary somehow, New York also looks like a good team.  The conference won't be as easy for us as many predicted prior to the start of the season!

3. I think the Panthers will win if they can stay out of the penalty box.  If not, Oilers special teams will lead them to glory.  It's also a question of whether Skinner can keep up the consistency or not.

4. Super important!  He's been our rock for many seasons. 

5. Tough to say, we all seem to be at a pretty similar pace and jockeying each sim.  Will be fun to watch as the season unfolds!

6. Probably Tame Impala or Goth Babe

I'm answering your presser this week. Deal with it!

1. We've started the season 8-3-0 so far. What has been the biggest contributor to that good start?

I'd say consistency and good lines that utilize the roster to it's best ability.

2. Who is looking like our biggest challenge in the North American division early in the season?

I don't look at the index, so without knowing who is doing well, I'll randomly say, ummmm, New York.

3. Oilers and Panthers in the Cup Final. Who do you have winning, and in how many games?

I don't like cats, so I'll go for Edmonton. Gives Canada something to cheer about.

4. Joel Castle is set to make his 500th appearance in net for us this week. How important has this Legion legend been to the team? 

Just by name, I assume someone named Castle to be difficult to score on. I think he's been very important obviously and the Legion will need to ensure his replacement is ready once he decides to give it up.

5. We've got 5 players in the top 10 in points so far this season (Jaks, 22;  Atlas, 20;  Bob, 19;  Machado, 19;  Callahan, 18). By this time next week, which player will be leading?

I like Atlas. Always been a good player and user so yep, Mac Atlas.

6. Who is your favourite band (or bands) to listen to?

At the moment, none really. I'm discovering some older stuff and more Beatbox loopers like Saro and MB14 have been playing.

20 hours ago, BOOM said:

I'm answering your presser this week. Deal with it!

1. We've started the season 8-3-0 so far. What has been the biggest contributor to that good start?

I'd say consistency and good lines that utilize the roster to it's best ability.

2. Who is looking like our biggest challenge in the North American division early in the season?

I don't look at the index, so without knowing who is doing well, I'll randomly say, ummmm, New York.

3. Oilers and Panthers in the Cup Final. Who do you have winning, and in how many games?

I don't like cats, so I'll go for Edmonton. Gives Canada something to cheer about.

4. Joel Castle is set to make his 500th appearance in net for us this week. How important has this Legion legend been to the team? 

Just by name, I assume someone named Castle to be difficult to score on. I think he's been very important obviously and the Legion will need to ensure his replacement is ready once he decides to give it up.

5. We've got 5 players in the top 10 in points so far this season (Jaks, 22;  Atlas, 20;  Bob, 19;  Machado, 19;  Callahan, 18). By this time next week, which player will be leading?

I like Atlas. Always been a good player and user so yep, Mac Atlas.

6. Who is your favourite band (or bands) to listen to?

At the moment, none really. I'm discovering some older stuff and more Beatbox loopers like Saro and MB14 have been playing.

Welcome to the party, pal!

The offense is clicking and everyone is contributing. 

Well Calgary has had our number early. We have to train harder in order to catch them.

Man, that's tough. It could be McDavid's year or it could be Florida's experience in the Finals last year is the difference. Going to say Florida in 7.

Later this season. I've only played 454. Regardless, this has been a great run and I've enjoyed every moment as a Legion! 

I think Jaks will still be piling up the points like he has been for the last few seasons.

Current fav is The Warning. Those girls are just so talented. Anberlin is one of my all-time favs.

17 hours ago, animal74 said:

Later this season. I've only played 454. Regardless, this has been a great run and I've enjoyed every moment as a Legion! 

I was counting your 48 playoff games to get there 🙂 They count too!

1. We're one of only five teams in the league to have every skater on the positive side of the +/- stat. What is working so well for us that everybody is a positive on the ice?

2. 6 teams in our conference have positive goal differentials and at least 26 points. Is the playoff race going to be this tight all season, or will somebody fall out of it?

3. If you could make any plans for a long weekend with no monetary or travel restrictions, what would they be?

4. What's your current TPE for your player? If this isn't your first player, what's the highest TPE that you've ever hit for an individual player?

5. Bobby Bob is leading all defenders in points, and Joel Castle is leading all goalies in points. Which one of them is likelier to be leading their position at the end of the season?

6. Have you ever done an escape room? If so, did you enjoy it? If not, is there a specific reason why?