Reviewing my Suggestions

Bushito

1. Make the second round of the draft purely off standings - Playoffs and lotto should have no impact on the second round of the draft just like real life. Worst to best picks in order, especially now with no conferences. (NOT DONE)

2. Make more team related TPE tasks - TPE is down as a whole in the league with zero players over 1,000 and only one player even close to that. TPE average is around 350 which is pathetic. (NOT DONE)

3. Start giving out uncapped TPE to do some jobs that aren't getting done - Player store sheet update for 5 TPE uncapped, Do a HOF article 5 TPE uncapped. Any job that isn't getting done throw some uncapped at it. It's more important that all jobs get done than it is to have the league looking half-ass done. And I'm getting sick of doing multiple jobs for free, lol (HALF DONE)

4. Make welfare like the other two big leagues - Give out points for PT's posted in other leagues, maybe not the six TPE the other leagues do but at least do 4 or 5. I don't know how many people this would bring to the league. Multiple EFL people told me they would be here if this was implemented but they don't have time for another 2 PT's a week. ( DONE)

5. 2 player system - I know the two player system is gone, it seems that GMs can still make 2 players. Make it that both GM players go to their team, it gives the GM something to work with and gives them the incentive to make the team good quickly or his players careers suffer (NOT DONE)

6. Change 590's to 2 TPE, for the amount of work they are that would be fair pay (NOT DONE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were my suggestions from the suggestions drive, I still stand by them still and I'd like to review them since the league seems to be back to discussing possible changes.

1. Not even sure why this isn't done. It's actually stupid that you win the lotto in two rounds. I'm sure I can convince the BOG to make this change since it's simple and the proper way to do things.

2. This one has already been talked about as something that is coming so I'm going to be happy when it does come.

3. I know jobs like HOF article, the offseason regression, and player store management have been given some uncapped TPE so this seems like the commish team is open to giving some uncapped pay to get some things done. I hope this continues and all areas of the site see a significant increase in activity.

4. It was a key thing that this league needed, matching the welfare of the two major affiliates and it has done wonders for the league and this looks to be the best draft in a long while. I'm very happy this move was made and I'm pretty sure even the naysayers are becoming receptive to what has been done.

5. This is something that should be done, GMs should not be on different teams. I have not seen one good reason for this so far and I think the argument that changing GMs easier doesn't even make sense.

6. I feel this is an oversight at this point as everything else has changed like jobs and whatnot. 

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

1. Make the second round of the draft purely off standings - Playoffs and lotto should have no impact on the second round of the draft just like real life. Worst to best picks in order, especially now with no conferences. (NOT DONE)

2. Make more team related TPE tasks - TPE is down as a whole in the league with zero players over 1,000 and only one player even close to that. TPE average is around 350 which is pathetic. (NOT DONE)

3. Start giving out uncapped TPE to do some jobs that aren't getting done - Player store sheet update for 5 TPE uncapped, Do a HOF article 5 TPE uncapped. Any job that isn't getting done throw some uncapped at it. It's more important that all jobs get done than it is to have the league looking half-ass done. And I'm getting sick of doing multiple jobs for free, lol (HALF DONE)

4. Make welfare like the other two big leagues - Give out points for PT's posted in other leagues, maybe not the six TPE the other leagues do but at least do 4 or 5. I don't know how many people this would bring to the league. Multiple EFL people told me they would be here if this was implemented but they don't have time for another 2 PT's a week. ( DONE)

5. 2 player system - I know the two player system is gone, it seems that GMs can still make 2 players. Make it that both GM players go to their team, it gives the GM something to work with and gives them the incentive to make the team good quickly or his players careers suffer (NOT DONE)

6. Change 590's to 2 TPE, for the amount of work they are that would be fair pay (NOT DONE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were my suggestions from the suggestions drive, I still stand by them still and I'd like to review them since the league seems to be back to discussing possible changes.

1. Not even sure why this isn't done. It's actually stupid that you win the lotto in two rounds. I'm sure I can convince the BOG to make this change since it's simple and the proper way to do things.

2. This one has already been talked about as something that is coming so I'm going to be happy when it does come.

3. I know jobs like HOF article, the offseason regression, and player store management have been given some uncapped TPE so this seems like the commish team is open to giving some uncapped pay to get some things done. I hope this continues and all areas of the site see a significant increase in activity.

4. It was a key thing that this league needed, matching the welfare of the two major affiliates and it has done wonders for the league and this looks to be the best draft in a long while. I'm very happy this move was made and I'm pretty sure even the naysayers are becoming receptive to what has been done.

5. This is something that should be done, GMs should not be on different teams. I have not seen one good reason for this so far and I think the argument that changing GMs easier doesn't even make sense.

6. I feel this is an oversight at this point as everything else has changed like jobs and whatnot. 

590s are 2 TPE starting this season I believe?

21 minutes ago, Bushito said:

SHOULD BE DONE

SHOULD BE DONE

SHOULD BE DONE

BAD IDEA: Should make the team good quickly beacuse it sucks to suck. The point of GMing is to work what you can get the more you get for free to more easy mode it is.

20 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

BAD IDEA: Should make the team good quickly beacuse it sucks to suck. The point of GMing is to work what you can get the more you get for free to more easy mode it is.

Meh every team gets the same. I honestly will never play for another team in the league. Why would I have any desire to help another team win. If I get drafted by another team and couldn't facititate a trade I'd retire and recreate.

• Senior Admin
12 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Just need to update the rubric then

Oh, yeah, sorry. It was in the announcement that they were increasing the rubric just never got updated. 

25 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Meh every team gets the same. I honestly will never play for another team in the league. Why would I have any desire to help another team win. If I get drafted by another team and couldn't facititate a trade I'd retire and recreate.

That’s you I will separate my player/‘s from my general managing. I wish my player didn’t have to play for me at all. Any future players I make I would honor whatever they decide to do with me.

As for part 5, @Bushito, I do firmly believe GM's should get both players. It's not a requirement @Beaviss so don't get so worked up about it. Just if those GM's have time enough to create two players, let them do so on their own team. Think about it like this, a brand new GM steps into the role and they want to rebuild. What better way then to ship out (if they have to or if not they should have something), players so that way they can pave way for the rebuild. They get two starting caliber players in maybe a forward/defender or a forward/goalie or a pair of defenders. I mean this should be gold for all GM's. They get two players they know will be active because it's THEIR OWN players. This would definitely help out a lot of franchises going forward and those GM's who know that they can depend on themselves. At the expense of doing so, don't make it be free. You could take away a team's second round pick to be able to secure their second player. They have the normal GM player gifted to them and still have to pay for the second one. The only thing is they are guaranteed both players. This ensures the GM has to have a second round pick in said year. Then a GM could have two players coming in the same year and could start their franchise out on the right foot. I know for one if I was a GM, I'd want this to happen for me so that way I know my franchise will be in good starting hands.

16 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

As for part 5, @Bushito, I do firmly believe GM's should get both players. It's not a requirement @Beaviss so don't get so worked up about it. Just if those GM's have time enough to create two players, let them do so on their own team. Think about it like this, a brand new GM steps into the role and they want to rebuild. What better way then to ship out (if they have to or if not they should have something), players so that way they can pave way for the rebuild. They get two starting caliber players in maybe a forward/defender or a forward/goalie or a pair of defenders. I mean this should be gold for all GM's. They get two players they know will be active because it's THEIR OWN players. This would definitely help out a lot of franchises going forward and those GM's who know that they can depend on themselves. At the expense of doing so, don't make it be free. You could take away a team's second round pick to be able to secure their second player. They have the normal GM player gifted to them and still have to pay for the second one. The only thing is they are guaranteed both players. This ensures the GM has to have a second round pick in said year. Then a GM could have two players coming in the same year and could start their franchise out on the right foot. I know for one if I was a GM, I'd want this to happen for me so that way I know my franchise will be in good starting hands.

While I don’t like the one player forced it’s not as bad as two. I’m a big believer that you should never get free players. You should have to earn them or draft them. If you draft your 2nd GM player then he’s yours. It’s horrible for game balance to give each team two GM players for free. 

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

100%. Also, pay us, VHL GM is a job.. Or have some sort of incentive?

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

While I don’t like the one player forced it’s not as bad as two. I’m a big believer that you should never get free players. You should have to earn them or draft them. If you draft your 2nd GM player then he’s yours. It’s horrible for game balance to give each team two GM players for free. 

Hence one given free and the other is a second round cost. It's not a horrible balance for a team to get two players. Granted you said free, but I suggested still paying a pick for one.

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

GMs should only get one player. Just look at what Bushito said about retiring his own player if another team drafted him lmao

He said that because a GM should truly get both. While some people may enjoy going different paths and to different teams with their players, GM's have to look out for themselves. You think in the NHL they are like "Hmm, would we rather just one player in free agency instead of having two coming in to help us win?". I think the consensus thing should be for them to get both players (if they want to).

36 minutes ago, STZ said:

100%. Also, pay us, VHL GM is a job.. Or have some sort of incentive?

I 1000% agree with this. The minors get paid to try and keep members active, so why can't the pro level ones get it for the same reason?

5 minutes ago, Higgins said:

GMs should only get one player. Just look at what Bushito said about retiring his own player if another team drafted him lmao

You'd have to be simple to want to compete against your own team. It literally makes zero sense. You can't fill the teams now and you want to take player two away from the GMs as well? Having both their players on the team gives them an incentive and something to build around. Just looking at it from the most logical way and the fact two GMs were allowed to sign with their teams in UFA tells me the precedent has been set. 

2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

You'd have to be simple to want to compete against your own team. It literally makes zero sense. You can't fill the teams now and you want to take player two away from the GMs as well? Having both their players on the team gives them an incentive and something to build around. Just looking at it from the most logical way and the fact two GMs were allowed to sign with their teams in UFA tells me the precedent has been set. 

Most people see there players as singular people not resources for there potential team.

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

I think you are the only GM that feels this way. I would never draft another GMs player either, why the hell would you want your competition in your LR, the whole idea is mind-boggling to me.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Most people see there players as singular people not resources for there potential team.

I would say the opposite. I think you're mostly alone in all these views posted in here.

6 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I would say the opposite. I think you're mostly alone in all these views posted in here.

I consider my player and my role as GM differently I hope other General Managers do aswell 

12 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I consider my player and my role as GM differently I hope other General Managers do aswell 

Most GM do not, and will do what is best for the team. I moved my last player to D despite not really wanting too because of team needs. Plenty of GMs have retired very good players to create new guys that benift there team. Most GMs wont create a second player and screw over other GMS but some might 

8 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Most GM do not, and will do what is best for the team. I moved my last player to D despite not really wanting too because of team needs. Plenty of GMs have retired very good players to create new guys that benift there team. Most GMs wont create a second player and screw over other GMS but some might 

Thats disapointing... I’ll hopefully change that when Quebec’s dynasty comes into play.

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Then do not create a second player, please and thank you! Much appreciated

16 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Again I will repeat it. GMs should only get one player. Some GMs like being in a draft class and experiencing the league as a player, but there's always gonna be sometime to ruin it

Then said GM should not be a GM. Step down and enjoy anything you want to.

19 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Then do not create a second player, please and thank you! Much appreciated

Yeah lets pull our heads out of our asses here

@Bushito both players on his team

@STZ both players on his team

@Banackock both players on his team

@DollarAndADream both players on his team

@Higgins both players on his team

@boubabi both players on his team

@hedgehog337 only has one VHL player

@Beaviss only has one VHL player

@Tyler is the only GM in the league with a player on another team