Ottawa Lynx press conference

7 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

1. After 450+ days Boubabi was unbanned, whats youre opinion on this?

2. Playoffs start tommorow and were against LVA (I think), how easy will this be?

3. Now that we are 1st confirmed. Do you think the path to victory is easy or hard.

4. Who is your ideal team to face in the finals.

5. Its almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

6. Picture this, Acyd Burn wants to talk about your biggest weakness, what does he talk to you about?

1) After 450 days, I think anyone has the chance to change their perspective or attitude. He seems to be relatively level headed by now. As long as it stays that way, I don't have a problem with it. 

2) We'll see how it goes; in the regular season we had them beat 7 to 0 for the series, which is a good sign, but you never know in the playoffs. There were definitely some close games in there that could always go the other way.

3) I think the path to victory is hard, it always is, but I also think we have the best shot out of anyone.

4) Ideally we would play San Diego, of course, but that is probably unlikely. Other than that, you hope for an upset out of the lower half of playoff teams, so either Halifax or Houston, but neither of those are gimmes. Obviously you want to avoid Minnesota or Philly, but that might be inevitable.

5) I have been contacted by a few GM's, but my lips are sealed.

6) I'm not sure what Acyd would talk to me about. Probably something technical, some advice there. I don't think it would be a mental issue. 

58 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

2. Playoffs start tommorow and were against LVA (I think), how easy will this be?

3. Now that we are 1st confirmed. Do you think the path to victory is easy or hard.

5. Its almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

6. Picture this, Acyd Burn wants to talk about your biggest weakness, what does he talk to you about?

1. I never really knew him, and don't even know what he did to get banned, so I don't have much of an opinion. If he were to return, I would hope he doesn't do things like whatever got him banned.

2. We have a really strong team, so I am not too worried, but playoff hockey is playoff hockey.

3. I don't think it will be easy. I believe that we are the best team in the league though, so have confidence in this group of players.

4. I'm not one of those people who want to play all the toughest teams on their way to a championship. If we play one of the weaker teams in the league that would be great.

5. I have already been drafted into the VHL by Helsinki. Go Titans!

6. He is probably going to try to teach me to avoid hits. My player was near the top of the league in hits taken.

1. After 450+ days Boubabi was unbanned, whats youre opinion on this?

I previously stated I would stay out of the vote for the simple fact I was not a part of the league when the previous infractions occurred and couldn't possibly gain sufficient knowledge to make an informed decision on the matter without any interaction with Boubabi. Now as far as I'm concerned he's just like any other member.

The numbers favor us but you never know anything can happen that's why we play the game.

Having played there I feel good about our chances.

3. Now that we are 1st confirmed. Do you think the path to victory is easy or hard.

Nothing is easy especially winning. If it ever becomes easy the victory losses some of it's sweetness.

Las Vegas. Oh wait that's not possible so...maybe San Diego. Which ever team we have the best chances against is the ideal opponent.

5. Its almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

Yes I have had good conversations with a few GMs. 

6. Picture this, Acyd Burn wants to talk about your biggest weakness, what does he talk to you about?

My horrendous slapshot...honestly I notice the looks on everybody's faces whenever I wind up now. And the fact everyone has stopped trying to help me improve it like they did at the beginning of the season.

Don't know him, but I trust the higher ups

It's playoffs, nothing is easy

hard, we have to play a bunch of great teams

Philly, I want to beat the best

I've had a few and I'm not sure there's a bad spot to be

my terrible jokes

1. We won our first 2 games against Halifax, but now we've lost how do you think this series plays out?

We will prevail in 6 games not losing again in this series.
2. Who do you think will be in the finals?

Ottawa and Minnesota.
3. How do you feel about your players current place in this season in the playoffs?

Well I worked my way into the teams top pair so that's good.
4. How do you feel about Ottawa's as a whole?

I think we demonstrate that if you have active members improving over the course of the season you can have success in the sim.
5. Who do you think will get to the finals in VHL?

Riga and Vancouver
6. Predict the winners in both leagues.

Riga and Ottawa

2 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. We won our first 2 games against Halifax, but now we've lost how do you think this series plays out?
3. How do you feel about your players current place in this season in the playoffs?
5. Who do you think will get to the finals in VHL?

1) I still think we take the series, but I could see it going to 7. All I know is Halifax has played us tight all year, they took a lot of games of us and know our game plan.

2) I think it will be us and Minnesota. I had Philly originally, and I still think they can make the comeback, but 3 in a row is tough. 

3) I feel good, but I think I let down the team a little with my performance in game 3 against the 21st.

4) We've been rolling for the most part, winning by some huge margins, but then we seem to switch off sometimes and drop a few games. 

5) Thats a really tough question. Riga is looking strong, and honestly so has Vancouver but Toronto has been dominant in the regular season. I think Van/Rig

6) Ottawa and Vancouver. Don't @ me.

8 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. We won our first 2 games against Halifax, but now we've lost how do you think this series plays out?
3. How do you feel about your players current place in this season in the playoffs?

1.  I still think we are going to win it, but I don't think anyone thought it was going to be easy

2.  Us vs. Minnesota

3.   Everyone should feel good.  We're all key parts to one of the best teams in the VHL

4.  Other than our Assistant GM being obsessed with preserves, pretty good.

5.  Haven't really kept up with the VHL so Toronto and someone else.  (should have been Seattle ;)  )

6.  Ottawa and Toronto?

13 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. I still think we win the series. We just won game five, I think we win in six games.

2. Ottawa and Minnesota.

3. My player has done pretty well, but there are a lot of players on this team really excelling in these playoffs (and in the regular season for that matter).

4. We have a really strong team, and I believe it is the toughest team to beat in the VHLM.

5. Well, I've got to go with the team that drafted me, Helsinki, and I'll say that they face off with Vancouver in the finals.

6. Helsinki and Ottawa.

I predict we will win in 6.

Us and Minny.

I'm a bit disappointed he isn't producing AT ALL. I just hope he does better next season when all the OP players will be up in the VHL.

Locker room is awesome and we have a real chance to win it all. The series against Halifax was a bit too close to my liking but we're on to the next round and that's all that counts.

Vancouver and Riga because I have no clue what's going on here so better to copy my teammates.

Riga and Ottawa...?

53 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

1. We just won the VHLM playoffs, how does it feel to be champions?

2. How do you feel about our peformance in the playoffs?

3. How is your player going to celebrate?

4. Whats next for you? Another VHLM season, draft etc.

5. Would you have rather had the 4 game sweep we had or a 7 games series where we still won?

6. Predict Ottawa's W/L next season.

1) It's a fantastic feeling. We really worked all season to get here, and it's so satisfying.

2) I think that while we maybe dropped a couple games that we shouldn't have, we turned it around and maybe even over performed in those finals. Great work.

3) Taking a nice long break, maybe travel to Europe. I hear Prague is lovely this time of year. 

4) I'm just hearing up for the VHL draft! I've been approached by a few teams, and honestly all of them have something to offer. I'm excited to see where I end up!

5) Probably the sweep. For selfish reasons, because otherwise that means I would have let more goals in, so I have a better record now I think. Unless the 3 losses were all 1-0 where I save like 40 shots lol.

6) I'm not sure... it depends who stays with the team. If I remember right, we dont really have draft picks, so it might be tough to be a contender. That's the weird thing with the M, so many players move on that it's really tough to build a dynasty.  If I has to guess, I'd put us at the middle of the pack, maybe 5th in regular season, like between 40 and 50 wins.

Pretty good. I just hope I can have more of an impact for my future team, though.

We had a little scare in the semis but I think we won comfortably anyway. The finals couldn't have gone any better.

No time to celebrate. He needs to train. Because he sucks.

VHLM draft for me. I'm sad to leave Ottawa but I'm sure I'll get on another great team with cool teammates. I just hope I go to a team where I'll actually be an important piece of the roster.

5. Would you have rather had the 4 game sweep we had or a 7 games series where we still won?

I already said that I didn't care too much for excitement. SimonT has made me lose so many times that I really hate series that drag on. I'm happy we won in four.

Probably like 0W and whatever the amount of games we play L. Because I won't be on the team anymore.

And also because Acyd said the team would be a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

1. It's a great feeling! Best team in the league!

2. We performed really well, we had a few scares, but for the most part we were pretty dominant.

3. Get some chinese food delivered, watch the office, then get back to training.

4. I am going to the VHL. I was drafted by Helsinki last year, but to be honest am not really sure how it works if I will be drafted again.

5. I am perfectly content with a sweep. No need to make me nervous, plus it shows how dominant we were.

6. Jeez, I'm not sure, it is going to be a very different team. It will be very difficult to match this season.

:ott:

1. We just won the VHLM playoffs, how does it feel to be champions?

Really good. I honestly thought we had a chance at the cup from the moment I was traded here.

The finals sweep surprised me. The rest of the playoffs were closer to my expectations.

A tour was already scheduled at various hospitals and charity organizations to share the joy of the cup with those who deserve to have a bit more happiness in their lives.

Planning on another season in the M. The draft could change that though if a team needs me right away I can just start claiming again before the start of next season.

I mean it's a relief that our cup was never in doubt but who as a child doesn't dream of a playoff game 7 where we won because I scored in overtime.

17-55 maybe. Too many variables to accurately predict at the moment.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, HulkHogan said:

1. Rookie season in, and topping it off with a Founder's Cup win...can't get much sweeter than this, boys!

2. We killed it out there. Had some close games and series, but came out on top in the end.

3. Photobombing celebs.

4. I'd like to stay down in the M, but I have a feeling it's the VHL for me.

5. Six or seven games with a win would have been nice, but a sweep is just as sweet!

6. 60 - 6 - 6

It's been fun boys! One helluva ride, and couldn't have had more fun with a greater group of guys. You all rock.

It feels great.  I know the VHLM isn't about championships as much as player development, but why not both?

We played great.  Every team in the playoffs had a good season and we basically breezed through all of them

Make some boiled peanuts and play some video games then get back to training

Deciding on the next step, really. Probably VHL draft.

That sweep was pretty nice but as long as we win.

Tough call because a lot of Ottawa's success hinges on who signs up.  You and Acyd know how to find talent though so right now I will say 40-32

1. How has your player been in the offseason?

Busy. It's been a whirlwind with the Founders Cup tour in Ottawa, flying to Seattle for training camp and introductions, then off to San Jose for business affairs to attend to. Now I'm finally taking some time off, I rented a huge place in Santa Cruz and invited everyone from the Lynx organization to join my family and myself at the beach for some surfing.
2. If you just joined the league whats your first impression. If you've been here for a while hows everything going.

Great, but short. I'm glad I decided to stay down I think it will give me a little more time to get a handle on things. I'll miss the guys going up but that just is how it is and it was always coming.
3. What is your favourite colour and why.

Blue, I find it calming.
4. Who is your favourite member in 
the league so far?

Shout outs to "Hatter" Bernard, "Jacko" Underyew, "Kazoo" Sage, Zeno, "Cryptic" Grimm for the locker room chatter. Enigmatic and Incite for joining in a bit later. A tip of the hat to Acyd and Hogan. Stick taps for Fonzi, Hedge, Diamond, Eno, and a few others but I was asked to choose a favorite so...

Samuel Ross and I have become friends. I think it has to do with me being a second pair dman and him being a backup. We started off talking strategy and just ended up hanging out all the time. We come from very different walks of life so it's always interesting to hear his perspective on things.
5. Do you like the 2 VHL expansion teams logos? (DC and prauge)

I liked but didn't love DC's but then I saw some of the other options that weren't picked and I like some of those more.

I really like the Prague one.
6. How about their names

I have a personal affinity for Dragons.

Phantoms is unique but not like out there.

Overall I think they're good solid choices.

Edited by DizzyWithLogic

1. How has your player been in the offseason?

Taking it easy, then stressing out

2. If you just joined the league whats your first impression. If you've been here for a while hows everything going.

I like it, I don't think there was a better place for me than Ottawa, plus we were the best so that helps

3. What is your favourite colour and why.

Blue?  Green? Black?  Don't know
4. Who is your favourite member in 
the league so far?

Pretty much everyone in the Ottawa Discord.  Even the Alumni are pretty cool

5. Do you like the 2 VHL expansion teams logos? (DC and prauge)

They're ok.  I'm sure they will get rebranded somtime

6. How about their names

Not sure about the DC Dragons, but there's not really an American team that would fit the dragons

6 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Describe howmuch of a loser Brock Louth is.
2. Prediction on where we finish this season.
3. Prediction on your player stats.
4. Predict the teans in the finals this year 
5. Why did you choose your player name.
6. If there were hot singles near you would you message them?
7. Will you challenge Hulk Hogan for VHL heavyweight champion once your reach the big leagues?

8. Who is the leagues biggest nerd?

Answer 3 for 1 tpe, 6 for 2.

1. Eh about the average

2. Champs

3. Another shitty 25 point year ?

4. Hali vs ottawa

5. Its my chel name

6. Only if they have money

7. Naw but we can go for tag team gold brother

8. Idk that many people so whoevers in the pokemon chat the most

• 2 weeks later...

1. How does it feel being the worst in the league? (stat wise not player wise)

We all knew this year would be a little bit of a struggle. it is what it is

2. Why do I keep doing these if we only have 2 players, give a good reason?

“Negativity and Hulkamania – 2 things that don't go together.”

3. Both our active players have been drafted by Seattle, how does feel looking at Seattle's current record.

Not as good since Davos won

4. Being on Seattle also means you are my teammate next year, how does that feel?

I would imagine it would feel pretty good as long as there are lots of metal chairs around
5. Do you think AGM's deserve rights in the VHL discord by getting colours.

White is a color

6. Do you have any questions I could use in a future PC?

Who was more patriotic?  Hulk Hogan or The American Dream Dusty Rhodes

4 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. How does it feel being the worst in the league? (stat wise not player wise)

2. Why do I keep doing these if we only have 2 players, give a good reason?

3. Both our active players have been drafted by Seattle, how does feel looking at Seattle's current record.

4. Being on Seattle also means you are my teammate next year, how does that feel?
5. Do you think AGM's deserve rights in the VHL discord by getting colours.

6. Do you have any questions I could use in a future PC?

1. Feelsbadman.jpg

2. Gives me tpe

3. Idk i havent been looking at theirs since im not actively on their team

4. Feelsgoodman.jpg

5. Absolutley

6. No your the one who has to do that i have enough on my plate ?

1. It feels great! I'm eager to begin my first steps in the league with so many other prospects!

2. I wanted to find a place to connect with fellow hockey players and fans!

3. My online alias has been Spyro for 20 years, it all started with my first Goalie mask with 2 purple dragons on it that made me think of Spyro the dragon!

4. I have been welcomed in with open arms by friendly faces. Everyone has been so kind and helpful, they have been teaching me yet just hanging out at the same time, it feels like an awesome locker room and I look forward to being with Ottawa!

5. Hahaha you are all great people so no faves here!

6. A small town I grew up in near Hamilton called Mount Hope, I think it would be pretty sweet.

7.  Mt Hope Hellstorm

51 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Who you think gonna win VHLM cup?

2. What about the VHL cup?

3. It looks like we're close to passing Saskatoon, do you think we will be able to do it.

4. Are you interested in any other sim leagues?

5. What made you sign here?

6. Would you rather be an elite passer or elite scorer, for Spyro would you rather be 6'10 or 280 pounds pure muscle?

1. Not sure, as a rookie I am still learning how everyone is finding success and I think there's a few good teams out there.

2. Same thing there is a lot of high end skill around the leagues so I feel it's anyone's game.

3. Our club has been in a bit of a down spell this season, but I am happy to be here and I aim to help turn things in the other direction. To answer the question yes, we will pass them and start the winning trend.  

4. I have played in leagues such as LG but never a sim league like this before.

5. I wanted to play where I would be needed and make a difference to the club.

6. I feel 6'10 you could just chill in butterfly and cover the entire net from dead on the goaline, so I'll pick that one.

51 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

1. We have not near passed Sask, infact they have a large lead on us. How does this feel?
2. What is your favourite VHLM logo?

3. What is your favourite VHL logo?

4. You walk into a bear and see GM AcydBurn crying, do you help him or join him?

5. Whats your favourite NHL team and why?

6. If you could move anywhere in the world where would it be?

1. Nobody likes losing, but I feel our team can still use the remainder of the season to improve.

2. There's a few cool ones, hard to pick just one.

3. Same deal, the logos are all pretty unique.

4. A bear? both.

5. Leafs fan, and so is my family.

6. Somewhere close to my hometown, with some land.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Now that teams are in the playoffs whats next for you?
2. How do you feel about Ottawa's performance?
3. What about your players?
4. Have you been contacted by GMs going into the draft?
5. Are you more of a graphic or writing guy?
6. Discord or forums?

1. Off season training, then the draft!

2. I feel that our team could have done better game by game but I do believe the locker room is getting better.

3. Individually we all had a rough season, but we need more shots on other teams. Getting out shot every game is something the players need to take control of for next season or it will be difficult to see any traction.

4. Nope, aside from our GM I seem to be flying under the radar.

5. I guess writing even though I suck at both. I wish I could do graphics.

6. I use them both but I talk more on discord.

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Whos winning the VHL playoffs? Seattle (mine and acyd team) or Malmo? If the series is over are you surprised considering the standings?
2. Same question for VHLM as 1.
3. How open are you to a new expansion team?
4. Now that you've been in the league for a while whats your favourite thing?
5. Whats your least favourite?
6. Favourite pokemon?

1. Seattle!!

2.  I dunno!

3.  Sounds like an opportunity for the league to grow!

4. Growing my player and the community!

5. Waiting

6. Charizard