Ottawa Lynx press conference

2 ) With the VHL draft coming up, what do you have to say to the VHL scouts? (if you're already drafted: Is there anything you wish you did differently before your draft?)
I wish I would have joined a bit sooner so I could have maximized a bit more on my TPE and had more going into the draft, but overall, I am satisfied. 
3 ) What does your ideal Ottawa alternate jersey look like?
I like when teams use colors that aren't their team colors, going outside the box a bit. So maybe a darker gray for the overall jersey, with some darker red accents, and maybe a baby blue around the numbers. I can draw this easier than I can explain it, so apologies.
5 ) What is your player usually doing during their day off?
Practice, practice, and more Netflix. Hard working, never giving up on wanting to perfect his shot, but also maintaining a good relationship with the team.
6 ) Who do you model your player after?
Hybrid between my two favorite players of all time: Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic. 
7 ) Did you accomplish your season goals?
I got drafted, and I am ready to pump as much TPE into my player as possible; in short, I've accomplished a little, and still hungry.
9 ) With the season being over, were there any changes you wished you made to your build?
I am happy with how my build is going thus far; granted, no games played so I can't see what needs to be changed or focused more on, but I have a general feeling that I will know one or two games in where I need to pump TPE into. Happy with how this has gone!

• Commissioner

1.) How do you think Ottawa did in the draft? Any hits or misses?

2.) Do you think the VSN covered the draft well? What would you improve?

3.) What do you think of our current roster?

4.) What do you think of the Lynx LR?

5.) What are your goals for the season?

6.) Way to early predictions. Who do you think is going to win the cup this season?

7.) What do you think the team could improve upon?

8.) Tell me something the GM and AGM should know about you?

3 hours ago, Acydburn said:

Having 2 first round picks is huge. I think Thorny Underyew is going to be a big help down the middle. Building on a team that already made it to the final just makes them us deadly.

Being able to go back and look at all the draft picks was really easy. It was set up well and made the search easier.

The roster looks pretty solid up and down the line up. If we can solidify our bottom 6 we should be able to pack a punch.

The locker room is an enjoyable place. Solid leadership that helps keep us on track to our ultimate goal.

To win obviously. But, we just need to take it one match at a time. We win the next match and then we will move on from there. 

6.) Way to early predictions. Who do you think is going to win the cup this season?

The Ottawa Lynx!

Depth scoring. We need contributions all over the lineup. 

I love hockey and go Lynx!

Zeno Miniti is a huge acquisition for the club and will really be able to compete with any other centers as a #1 in the VHLM

They definitely did, I think one piece that could improve the coverage is more opportunity to talk to some of the GMs after they made their picks in order to dissect their decision during the live coverage

It's very defensive heavy which is exciting for any defense men to be at that level of competition

I think it's fun and casual which is what most players are looking for

Identifying where I can support the team. I obviously bring a scoring touch from the blue line but I wanna focus on some personal stats such as plus/minus to make sure I'm having an overall positive impact on the team. 

Ottawa

I think goal-tending might be a bit of a question mark for the team at the moment, but might shake itself out, especially with positive contributions on D

Being responsible in my own end is more important to me than scoring but it's also a challenge based on my skill-set

11 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1) In my humble opinion I think Raymond Bernard is the steal of the draft \s. In all seriousness, I think so! I'm loving the atmosphere of the team right now at least, so all the personalities seem to mesh well at least. Other than that, I feel like we will have to wait and see for who performs. 

2) I loved the fact that the draft was covered at all, it was really cool seeing my name being called out. One comment I would have is I feel like it would be cool if they covered the players a little more, though I understand since it's the VHLM draft there isn't exactly a lot of history to cover. 

3) I like what I see! I know that from the draft we focused heavily on defensemen which can be a little scary in principle, but I think we've been doing a good job picking up some extra forwards during the offseason post-draft. 

4) I love the LR atmosphere! Everyone has been very helpful in orienting newer players like myself, and I think its a really good look for the team and the league as a whole. 

5) My goal for the season is to train hard every week and try to maximize what I can accomplish every week. Other than that, I guess zero goals allowed the whole season? I don't know but that seems super realistic and doable, definitely gonna happen. 

6) I think that without a doubt in my mind, the Ottawa Lynx will win the cup. I mean, it's basically impossible that we don't. I am completely unbiased in this prediction by the way. 

The draft was a smashing success. Expected top guys joining the club as well as some sleeper picks that will really surprise people, I think we're in for a solid season.

It felt like a world-class event, even though the draft for the big leagues was the very next day!

I think we may need to tighten up defensively. Whether that's pulling in someone specifically to fill that roll, or having everyone pitch in, I'm not sure yet.

I'm typically pretty quiet but I like the general mood that the team keeps.

Contend for the rookie scoring race.

Some feline-based team that probably hangs out in the nation's capital.

As I said before, I think we need to work on our defense together.

I prefer to keep my secrets.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Acydburn said:

1) First of all, I am really excited to have been drafted by Ottawa. I also think that having three first round picks was huge, as well as getting some great players in the later rounds. I think it was a great draft.

2) I thought it was good. It was exciting having the VHLM and VHL drafts right next to each other.

3) I like our current roster. It is very well rounded, and the type of lineup that can win championships.

4) I'm not very talkative, but everyone has been helpful, and the mood has been great so far.

5) I want to score at least thirty goals, and also win a championship. Also improve my horrible plus/minus from last season.

6) Ottawa Lynx!

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx? Optimistic and excited.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? I'm open to all the teams, trying to not burn my bridges.

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after? Power Foward Center 

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc? Do well in the VHLM and get Drafted and make a name for myself.

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team? Bruins :D

On 7/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Acydburn said:

1. I think Ottawa did great in this draft. I am a big fan of the moves we made in the First Round, and then they did a fantastic job especially in picking me up.

2. I am a big fan of how this draft was done. The aspect of having it be presented live on twitch was pretty cool in my opinion and is something some other Sim League should also strive to implement.

3. I like our current roster, and I am excited to see how we will perform in the coming seasons.

4. The Lynx Locker Room is great. It is very active with a lot of friendly and welcoming individuals.

5. My goals for this season are all team based. I really just want to make it to the playoffs, and in an ideal scenario make a deep playoff push.

6. I'm a competitive person so of course, I will say that we will win it all this season!

7. I think we should wait until the regular season has begun before we start worrying about what we need.

8. I am a team player. I am willing to give up every individual stat and accolade, if it results in helping my team win.

1. We've had a few games so far this season, do you like how things are going?

I think we have a great core going, and reading the stats from the games I think we have the right pieces in place.

2. How do you feel about the team in general, anything you would change?

I have zero knowledge on what all goes into making a team into a winning machine; I think what we have going now is working, and after a few more games we can start to see what needs tweaking.

3. If you were drafted by Ottawa do you like that? And if you signed with Ottawa why?
I love that Ottawa grabbed me. I had a feeling Acyd would pick me up, and it was getting pretty nerve racking seeing the rounds go by. Then, I was picked up. 

4. Anything me or Acyd could do to make the team better, either lines or anything in discord/forums.

I have a few ideas that may be fun, I'll shoot you some ideas in Discord. Apart from that, I think you both do a fantastic job.

5. Do you have a favourite VHL team or one you would like to be drafted by? Or do you still need time to learn them?
I think I am still too new to the league to see what the tendencies are for each team, both VHL and VHLM. 

6. How has your entire VHL experience been?

This has been a good break from life, and it's fun to be a part of a community that seems to have fun with one another, and on the graphic aspect, I am learning so much that I can't wait to see what other people post next week, and what I come up with as the weeks go by!

1. We've had a few games so far this season, do you like how things are going?

I only just joined the team but it looks pretty solid.

2. How do you feel about the team in general, anything you would change?

I need a little time to acclimate before forming an opinion.

3. If you were drafted by Ottawa do you like that? And if you signed with Ottawa why?

I like the drafting process.

4. Anything me or Acyd could do to make the team better, either lines or anything in discord/forums

I'm a little concerned about playing time with the number of good defensemen in the lineup. 

5. Do you have a favourite VHL team or one you would like to be drafted by? Or do you still need time to learn them?

Still too early to know. I will need more time.

6. How has your entire VHL experience been?

Pretty good everyone has been very willing to help.

Only played a few games this season but we are doing pretty well going 3-2 in Preseason.

Haven't been in long enough to see any issues.

3. If you were drafted by Ottawa do you like that? And if you signed with Ottawa why?

I signed with Ottawa as They helped me get set up as a player
4. Anything me or Acyd could do to make the team better, either lines or anything in discord/forums.

Not sure yet.

5. Do you have a favourite VHL team or one you would like to be drafted by? Or do you still need time to learn them?

STill need time.

Very fun!

• Quik unpinned this topic

Great job.  Good record, good teammates. A rookie couldn't ask for more

We're doing well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Just felt like a good fit.  Being a starter wasn't a big deal to me since I'm learning this game.  It just felt right

Spiderman Gifs and more dogs

More time.  I know no one in this league, so I will probably just see what the vets of the league have to say when it's my time

I've enjoyed it.  It's given me a creative outlet.  The users are nice ( a little too nice sometimes) The tpe system makes sense and it evens out things more.

On 7/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, HulkHogan said:

6 questions= 2 tpe.

1. I'm super positive of the way the team has been playing! I feel like I could really get my save percentage up but I think I have been pulling through when needed in shootouts and difficult matchups.

2. I think we could cut down on the penalty minutes. Some mistakes have led to us being on the backfoot too often on the kill. 

3. I am ecstatic that Ottawa drafted me! In the pre-draft process they were around the top of my list, and I hope I can help take the team all the way!

4. I think you are both doing a wonderful job :) keep it up!

5. I think I like Vancouver a lot, it seems like an attractive destination; but really I'd be happy with most groups. 

6. Overall, I have really been enjoying myself, especially in the Ottawa locker room.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:38 PM, HulkHogan said:

6 questions= 2 tpe.

1. I really do like how things are going, my player is doing really well, and so is the team.

2. I'm happy how are team is now.

3. I was drafted by Ottawa, and I was glad because I knew that we would be competitive, and one of the best teams in the VHLM.

4. I'm very happy with how things are being run!

5. My favorite VHL team is Helsinki, because I was drafted by them. That was also great because of how good they are.

6. It has been great! Just a fun thing to be a part of in my off time.

Good, my player has a positive +/- which is one of my objectives for the season!

I think we're playing very well, would love to be undefeated though!

I signed with Ottawa because I'm an Ottawa native. I'm really cheap and couldn't afford a new pair of pyjamas!

Would love to know some of the thoughts behind line creation

I've still got time. I spent a lot of time researching a visiting with VHLM teams to decide where I'd be signing, looking forward to forgoing that process and being drafted

Great! Happy to be getting minutes 

For the most part, I'm happy. 8 wins in 10 games is never a bad start. I feel like I'm not contributing as much as I'd like to, especially defensively. We are scoring a lot as a team, but we need to help out our goaltenders a lot more.

The team in general is great!

Super happy, it's my manager's hometown and I feel really welcomed here!

See discord 

Favourite team was the Stockholm Vikings, I miss them :(

As good as I could have hoped for!

Edited by jack

On 7/14/2019 at 8:38 PM, HulkHogan said:

6 questions= 2 tpe.

1. Things have been going great for us. We came out the gate hot, and are firmly planted as a top 3 team in the League so far.

2. Man, we have been playing great. We all strive to get better so I don't really think we need to make any significant changes.

3. I was drafted by Ottawa and I am very pleased with how my experience has been. The management is very helpful, my teammates are great, and most importantly, we are winning.

4. No, both of you are very helpful and are great at reminding us to update, and telling us what special TPE opportunities we have available.

5. I don't really have a favorite VHL team. I usually root for New York-based team so going to New York would be awesome, but at the same time, I couldn't care less where I end up seeing as I strive to be the best version I can be regardless of where I play.

6. My VHL experience has been surprisingly good. I know very little about Hockey, however, the communities I have been in have been very patient and helpful and this has been a very enjoyable experience thus far.

9 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

More questions brother

1. Do you have any long term VHL goals, HOF, championship, well known player?

2. How did you come up with your name?

3. Why do you play your position?

4. We recently defeated Minnesota, their only regulation loss, how do you feel about this?

5. We currently have 2 players in the top 10 for scoring, do you think this will change during the rest of the season?

6. Has anybody stood out to you so far, if so who?

1) Of course, I think everyone's goal is to be the best player ever. I want to go into the VHL and help my team compete and win trophies. Individual recognition would be amazing, but first priority is results. 

2) I came up with my name by being born with it brother, or at least a spin-off of it. 

3) I play my position because I feel like as the goalie I can really singlehandedly win the game for the team if I play well. That, and it was the only position that didn't necessitate being a lights out skater. 

4) I was beyond pumped for that win, because Minnesota has been a tremendous team this season. That being said, I feel like that win is nothing if we don't take care of business in the other games, and we've dropped a few since then. 

5) Yeah, I think it will change. I think we will have more. 

6) I think that our captain, Underyew, has really stood out as a player that is a positive force in the locker room, and a real leader. 

1. Do you have any long term VHL goals, HOF, championship, well known player?

No individual long term stuff yet. I just want to be with a winning organization.

2. How did you come up with your name?

A good song for the first name. A play on my favorite NHLers last name.

It's what I played in real life. Everybody loves a good dman. I figured it would be easier than goalie. I think a scoring winger will be my next build.

4. We recently defeated Minnesota, their only regulation loss, how do you feel about this?

I'm very excited about that. A good measuring stick game that belies the fact we can climb to the top of the standings. Or have a strong chance in the playoffs.

5. We currently have 2 players in the top 10 for scoring, do you think this will change during the rest of the season?

Sure everything changes. II think we will have more I think Thorny should be close on the points leaders list.

I enjoy my locker room talk with the keepers. Everybody knew Hawk was good before he came to the team. Zeno, Sage, Grimm have all been great. Amberback has been a really good addition to the team. All the solid depth on defense really helps.

In my mind Thorny has really turned it on since getting the C and MacBurn has good chemistry with him which fits my players storyline too so that has to be my choice.

Would love to become a Well Known Player

Honestly don't even know

I feel I would play Center IRL.

Really Happy shows our strength

Absolutely

Most of the team has.

18 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

More questions brother

1. I want to win a championship, that is my goal. Any other individual awards would just be the cherry on top.

2. My players name is a variation off of my own name.

3. I play center because I thought that would be the most fun for a sim league. I have no idea if that is actually true though.

4. That was great! Hopefully we can build off that, and keep playing well.

5. I think that we can get even more players into the top ten.

6. To be honest, my player has surprised me the most. It has also been exciting having so many good teammates on and off the ice.

Yes I want to be a perennial top 10 in +/-

I wanted my player to be really hot so I just imagined a hot name

I love the D

Great! I logged a lot of minutes so staying in the positive +/- against a good team was great

No, I think the rest of our players are strong support type guys who won't rack up the numbers continue to allow our elite scorers to steal the show

Micha Sage, 10 goals total, 4 of which are GWG, clutch.

I think everyone wants to be up there for the HOF and championships.  To be recognized as one of the best at what you do is something everyone should strive for, whether it is as a team or individual.  So I guess 2 of the 3.  

Randomness.  Not sure where the name Samuel came from, but one of my favorite Atlanta Braves players was David Ross.  I liked his attitude despite being known as a backup and what they call a AAAA player for most of his career.

I have always loved goalies.  to me, it's the most beautiful position.  There are times where you can score by accident, but I've never seen a save that was accidental by a goalie.  They have to know where to be, and when to be there.  It's a shame the NHL video games make it so difficult and clunky to play goalie

As a rookie in every sense, this was the biggest game.  I actually got excited about it.  The VHL is something you actually have to put some work and thought into, so for us to beat them meant we are all working hard and doing what we are supposed to as owners.  Minnesota is a great team, they're experienced, and for us to show up there and play the way we did means we can hang with anyone.

Hopefully we can get a few more up there, why not?  It's a long season but our forward corps is strong.  Zeno and Hawk are awesome players and they're consistent.  Even against the tough defenses, they get points.  Consistency is hard to stop.

Our whole team has,  I still don't know a lot of players, but our team is playing strong and we have a great locker room.  Zeno, Hawk, Finnegan are all playing well. Hawk is top 10 in scoring and leading the league in hits.  Minnesota has a lot of great players. Their goalie is great  Alex Pearson from Philly has came out of nowhere recently to take the scoring lead.

Thorny will be my best player yet, for starters. Already off to a much better start than I've ever been. After that, I'd like to win a VHL award, then lead a team to a cup.

It's my D&D character's name!

I've never made a centre before, always done wingers and D. Thought it was about time. Also this draft class didn't have many centres at the time I created.

Amazing. Big team effort and feels good to have our work pay off like that.

Thorny's coming!

Miniti and Hawk have just been ruthless. Can't wait to see their end of season totals! And I'm sure they'll lead us through the playoffs too.