Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 7/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, HulkHogan said:

More questions brother

1. Do you have any long term VHL goals, HOF, championship, well known player?

2. How did you come up with your name?

3. Why do you play your position?

4. We recently defeated Minnesota, their only regulation loss, how do you feel about this?

5. We currently have 2 players in the top 10 for scoring, do you think this will change during the rest of the season?

6. Has anybody stood out to you so far, if so who?

1. I don't care if I am forgotten by all history books, as long as I manage to fill my house with trophies and know for myself that I helped make my team better.

2. If I told you I'd have to kill you after.

3. Because Defense wins championships and there are fewer people that are willing to do the required dirty work.

4. It feels fantastic. It shows everyone that we are not a team to be trifled with and that we came here to ball, or however that's said in hockey terms...

5. Yes, I think we will have 2 players in the top 5 soon.

6. Zeno Miniti is having one hell of a season. #1 in Points, #7 in Goals and #4 in Assists! This guy is a bad dude! For the opposing team at least.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:38 PM, HulkHogan said:

1. Do you have any long term VHL goals, HOF, championship, well known player?

2. How did you come up with your name?

3. Why do you play your position?

4. We recently defeated Minnesota, their only regulation loss, how do you feel about this?

5. We currently have 2 players in the top 10 for scoring, do you think this will change during the rest of the season?

6. Has anybody stood out to you so far, if so who?

1. I think being a well-known player would be nice. Superstar status would be nice, but not really a goal; I just want to help whatever team I am on win, and if winning a championship happens, the better.

2. Player name is just a name I've always liked, and username is something I've used for gaming for the past 11 years.

3. Left Wing is a position I've always liked in hockey. I guess winger in general, but whenever I've played any hockey game I tend to play the left slot (be it winger or defense). It's always been a comfortable position to play, whereas playing as a right handed player in a right slot has always felt odd to me, I don't like having my stick hand against the boards - I'd rather have the puck out in the open ice as opposed toward the board. 

4. Feels good to have knocked off a strong team, and at the time of this posting they are up to 6 regulation loses now, so might be nice to think we started to spark their loses.

5. Yep. I think we will have more end up inside the Top 10,  but Hawk and Minti are gonna lead the charge.

6. Hawk, by far. Look at his stats, he is a complete and utter beast. Not only can the dude score, but he's handing out hits to anyone who tries to stop him. 

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Favourite NHL team and why?

2. Do you like any other sports other than hockey?

3. Have you ever considered joining a sister league? (SBA, EFL)

4. We've now moved into second place and have had some strong showing's against the top team, how long do you think till we hit #1, or will we not hit it?

5. We're almost half way through the season, for some of you its your first and some its not, do you plan on moving up next year or staying down?

6. 8-1-1 in the past 10 games, what do you think our final record will be?

1. Boston Bruins. I'm from Boston, and have always been a die hard fan. I'm very sad right now.

2. I like all sports pretty much. Hockey is the best, but I am a fan of all boston sports teams (except the NE Revolution!)

3. I've got plenty to handle here with the VHL, so haven't considered joining one of the other leagues.

4. I think that we will get to #1, but all that matters to me is what happens in the playoffs.

5. I'm at 200 TPE right now, so I am going to go to the VHL. I'm lucky though that I got a year in the VHLM before this one.

6. It's hard to say exactly what our final record will be, but if we keep playing like this, than I expect it to be pretty darn good.

5 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

4. We've now moved into second place and have had some strong showing's against the top team, how long do you think till we hit #1, or will we not hit it?

5. We're almost half way through the season, for some of you its your first and some its not, do you plan on moving up next year or staying down?

1) I'm a Shark's fan personally. It's what I grew up with, and my roommates and I watch all the games on tv, and when we are in town from college we sometimes go to them!

2) I am a huge sports fan in general, but mostly soccer (probably bigger soccer fan than hockey fan tbh). I watch a lot of basketball as well, and some other sports like baseball and football but not much.

3) I've thought about it. I'd never join another hockey sim league while I'm in this one, but I might consider a soccer league.

4) I think we will probably flirt with it along with Philadelphia and Minnesota for most of the season. It doesn't seem like any of us three team are going anywhere soon.

5) I think I plan on moving up. At the pace I'm on, it would really set me back to stay below the cap until next season starts in terms of TPE.

6) That's really tough. To be honest I'm not even sure how many games we will play haha. Lets go with 55-15-3. But could just as easily go up or down by 5 games. 

Penguins - Lemieux

CFL

Never heard of them actually

I think we'll stay at #2 honestly but will have our way in the playoffs

I'm split 50/50 to be honest

52-17-4

I always loved the Penguins. Many incredible stars have passed through that organization.

I played rugby before I ever played hockey, as well as soccer growing up.

Not really interested, hockey is my sport!

I don't think we'll lost another game all season ;)

I believe I'll move up as I will be hitting the cap very shortly. 

66-5-1 :D 

Tampa Bay Lightning.  They are rather close and I like their playstyle

Baseball (Braves) Basketball (Nuggets) and even a little Rugby League

Yeah, but I don't really have the time

We might hit it in the next few sims, but Philly is a strong team, they are really deserving of the number one spot

I would like a year as a starter in Ottawa.  I really like this team.  It's a little too early for me to tell.  I will have to weigh my options

A lot of wins, a little losses.

San Jose Sharks. I grew up going to the games.

I played soccer and rugby in addition to hockey. I really only follow hockey as a fan.

Not really. I thought about it for the tpe gain and decided it wouldn't be worth it.

Not sure I think we may flirt with it but Philly will probably cement themselves before the playoffs start. Winning in the playoffs is what really matters.

I would like to move up. Only because of regression if it wasn't for that I would have liked to stay on the Lynx for another season. Honestly it will be close as to whether I make the tpe or not.

Not sure most likely in the top three.

58-12-2 is my best guess.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, HulkHogan said:

1. Colorado Avalanche. Have been a fan of them since they came into the league, and I was in my teen years when they moved to Denver. Was my grandfather's and my team, and it was fun rooting with him for the Avs. Still a huge fan to this day, and have a ton of collectibles. 

2. Formula 1, NCAA Football, MLB, NBA, will watch some NFL occasionally but don't really follow any certain team, and have recently started watching Cricket.

3. Might be tempted to join the SBA, but time will tell. Doing this right now has been a lot of fun, and I don't know if I could juggle two sims and other real life stuff at the same time.

4. I think the top spot will change back and forth for the next week or so. We're 1 point out of first behind Philly (as of this posting), so if they lose in regulation, and we win then the spots shift. I think it's gonna be a battle, and that's pretty damn exciting.

5. Moving up to the VHL would be awesome, but at the same time, I don't want to move up and only play a few minutes a game for the first season or two that I am there. To me, that's wasting seasons in the little amount of seasons you do get to play. I might stay down, just to see how it pans out, but not really sure. If I can get a team from the VHL who will draft me and give me some decent minutes so I have a chance to produce, I'll likely consider it.

6. As of right now, we're 32-7-1, which is stellar. There's a reason we're #2 and nipping at the heels of the #1 team. I don't see why we can't finish the rest of the season strong, end up with a 60-10-2 record. Realistically, it's gonna be a lot lower than that, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

1. Zeno Miniti's current ppg is 2.125, that is the best i've ever seen and is on pace for 153 points, howmuch do you think he will get.

It's tough to say.  It's just natural for someone to slow down, but his down nights are still 2 point nights.  145?

2. Looking at your stats, howmuch do you think you will get, will you slow down or speed up.

I'm trying to get the most practice in I can.  Hopefully my stats will get a lot better

3. Whats the funnest part of the league so far.

Interacting with everyone.  I love the TPE system.

4. Any predictions where you will go in the upcoming VHL/VHLM draft.

I've only heard from one team so far, but in all of the draft rankings I am ranked around 20.  So I will say undrafted because why not

5. Has being on the Lynx affected your outlook on the vhl, what it be like if you were on a worse team.

I really enjoy this team.  All of my team mates are great.  I'm not big on wins and losses but I'm sure being on a toxic team is no fun.

6. A constant debate on vhl is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

A lot of the discord is just motzaburger acting immature.  I don't really see new members on there very much.  I don't use the forums a lot except for TPE stuff, so I'm not sure how that goes.  I know a lot of busier people probably prefer the forums while people that have more time to chat in real time use discord.

4 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1. Zeno Miniti's current ppg is 2.125, that is the best i've ever seen and is on pace for 153 points, howmuch do you think he will get.
2. Looking at your stats, howmuch do you think you will get, will you slow down or speed up.
5. Has being on the Lynx affected your outlook on the vhl, what it be like if you were on a worse team.
6. A constant debate on vhl is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

Not including post-season? I think he'll hit 150

Well as far as goalie stats are concerned, I think my save percentage and GAA will both improve. Considering I started the season at like 50 and I've gotten much better since then.

I think the funniest part so far is going into the main discord general chat and looking at the ~drama~

No predictions for me, but I'm hoping I will go in the first round. I'm unsure though, a lot of teams have goalies locked up for a while.

I think it has. To be honest, I'm only human, so I like to win, and that makes the whole experience more fun. But that being said, if I were on a worse team, I think it would be really interesting to see how I would do facing 30 shots rather than 15.

I think that's very true, but it's interesting. It's a lot easier to use but I think you miss out on a lot of content that is being created in the point tasks, so I think it's important to have a healthy mix of both. 

I hope a ton. I'm not sure maybe in the 150ish range that seems to be the trend in the numbers.

I think feeding the second and third lines the pucks is where most of my stats come from so if they speed up so will I. Hopefully I can get more shorthanded stuff on the kill.

Hard to parce out to one thing. I like the chatter with the team and winning is fun.

Not sure if I will have enough tpe to hit 200 before then so it depends on what teams are looking for. 3rd or 4th round maybe? I'm not sure.

I was drafted by Vegas so I always hoped we would win but it made me more focused on individual performance when the team wasn't doing well. Now on the Lynx I celebrate my teammates accomplishments more like cheering on Zeno and the race to 150!

I found the team forum pretty dead when I first came in. The forums as a whole are great I'm on here all the time. I use discord to communicate with the team easily. The discord general VHL is not very useful to me although funny at times. I believe each serve a purpose and both are needed to have a full experience of what the league has to offer.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:40 AM, HulkHogan said:

1. Minty Fresh is killing it. I am gonna go out on a limb and say he gets close to 153 points; let's say 145. I won't be shocked if he hits that pace for 153 though.

2. I've turned into an assist machine as of late, which is still cranking out points. I currently have 58 points, so if I can get close to 100 I will be happy, and hopefully speed up!

3. The locker room banter. It's always fun, and chatting with everyone has been a blast. Also, the amount of talent people possess with graphics is insane.

4. Seattle, not sure how early or late, hopefully early.

5. I think it can still be fun being on a team who isn't having the best season. No matter where I go, win or lose, I think I am going to have fun regardless.

6. I like Discord, it's easier to see where everything is at as I still have troubles with the site. The team locker room on the site doesn't seem as active, and it's easier to post something on Discord where you can see who is on, and people can reply immediately and you see it; not having to reload, refresh, etc.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, HulkHogan said:

1 he probably would get a about 150-157 around their but u never know 

2 idk if I would get speed up but time will tell about 60-65 maybe even more time will tell tho

3 when we talk about random stuff that don’t relate to anything on this game sometimes

4 I already was drafted but idk what team imma be on when I get to the vhl

5 it has it’s made me realize how fun the vhl is and made me do more for the team and taught me how to score again and psss more

6 idk I think it could be but I’m not really sure cuz when I first started my account I was like I need discord and than I was like sweet than I got it to play better and to get help to get better and learn how to do some stuff on the game

1. Zeno Miniti's current ppg is 2.125, that is the best i've ever seen and is on pace for 153 points, how much do you think he will get.

We're absolutely crushing it at the moment so I can see his ppg going up even more. I'll be a true believer and say he'll even get past that, in the late 150s.

2. Looking at your stats, how much do you think you will get, will you slow down or speed up.

At this point I just hope I get my first VHLM point in a Lynx uniform before I might change teams after the draft. I'm glad I haven't done anything so it hasn't been negative either. It would have sucked to arrive and the team starts losing. So yeah, just having one point would make me happy.

Last time I was here, I landed in two super dead locker rooms so I didn't enjoy the league and went inactive pretty quik. Ottawa's LR is fun and I think I'm more motivated this time around as well.

I'm hoping I'll be at least an early second but I've noticed many VHL vets recreating so I might drop more than that. I have a good sim league rep I think but I also have a tendency to go inactive so you never know. I used to take drafts super seriously but now I can go late and I'm not gonna care too much. I'll play for anybody, contender or rebuilding team. I just wanna have fun.

Like I mentionned previously, I didn't have a great opinion of the VHL because of my past experience. Ottawa's LR is way more active than last time I was here. I also got to know a couple of VHLers in my league and they're good people so I'm excited to be on a player league with them.

I've always been a fan of discussions on team forums because you can just jump in whenever you have time and by simply quoting the message you want to reply to, the topic becomes relevant again. On Discord, if there's an exciting discussion going on and you're sleeping or out, you miss it and it's over. I know most people prefer Discord so I'm adapting but I really miss posting on forums just to bullshit and have fun with my teammates.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, HulkHogan said:

1. I hope I can get around 150, that would be amazing. I'm still shocked how well my player is doing.

2. My player is Zeno Miniti, I hope he can keep this pace up, or even improve it. It is pretty crazy that our team has the league's top three point scorers.

3. The most fun part of being in the league so far has been tracking how our team is doing, and also seeing how each individual is doing. I love all the stats around the league.

4. I have already been drafted by the Helsinki Titans in the VHL, so that is probably where I am going unless something drastically changes.

5. I was on the Houston Bulls last year, and although they are doing pretty well this year, we were pretty bad last year. It is definitely more fun being a part of a winning team, but on the other hand it is just fun being in the league.

6. I am more active on the discord just because I feel like there are more people talking there. I don't really have a preference though.

1. Zeno Miniti's current ppg is 2.125, that is the best i've ever seen and is on pace for 153 points, how much do you think he will get?

What an amazing display of hockey. Can we just sit back and enjoy what he's doing right now. If he finishes with 140, 150, 160, or whatever, who cares? The dude is on fire and should scare the crap out of anyone that has to face him moving forward.
2. Looking at your stats, how much do you think you will get, will you slow down or speed up.

Have you seen my stats? I ain't scored shit. I've got Mr. TwoPoints Okada over here rattling his mouth about being generational. Guess that's all it takes to be generational. Infinitely more points than me I guess.
3. Whats the funnest part of the league so far?

Busting the chops of people on my team. Pumping out cool graphics for people I like. Most importantly that it's not the SHL.

Not sure. Somewhere that'll get a good player that flies under the radar. Kind of my thing. I will say somewhere with a draft pick. 

Not really. I am here just to have fun. As long as my teammates are cool - I am happy. I just don't want to go somewhere dead.

I think both have their place. I think the forum is better for long form posts. Anything longer than a paragraph doesn't belong on discord. But as someone who just likes small-talk. I can say that I like discord a lot for that purpose. I think they can exist in a world together. Anyone saying otherwise is being dramatic. 

1. You are tasked with choosing a theme song when your player scores, what do you choose and why.

Let's Get it On - Marvin Gaye. Because that's how I feel every time I'm on the ice

2. What song can the team use when they win.

I want to hear a big Lynx growl that fades into something badass by The Black Keys.

3. Once you come up to the VHL are you scared of fight leader Hulk Hogan who is currently 4-1-6.

Well I've got a draw in the VHLM so you could say I'm pretty tough. Watch out!

4. We are now crowned #1 in the league, we have 1 more game than Philly but the best they can do with that one game is tie us, do you think we can hold this after being 9-1 in our past 10.

The team's effort has been paying off, I think we can keep this up for the rest of the season and into the post-season as well.

5. Have you tried Hulk Hogan's jam, if so where's my money I've never received it.

I'm allergic to whatever they put in the extra jiggly jams :(

6. Would you rather have 50 more points than right now, or have the brother pass.
I'd rather earn both without getting any free passes ;)

1. You are tasked with choosing a theme song when your player scores, what do you choose and why.

Say It Isn't So by Hall and Oates because they help keep vampires away

Mrs. Jackson by Outkast

3. Once you come up to the VHL are you scared of fight leader Hulk Hogan who is currently 4-1-6.

No, because I have been training with none other than The Junkyard Dog

4. We are now crowned #1 in the league, we have 1 more game than Philly but the best they can do with that one game is tie us, do you think we can hold this after being 9-1 in our past 10.

Yes, right now we are playing some great hockey

5. Have you tried Hulk Hogan's jam, if so where's my money I've never received it.

You know what.  I don't have a contract.  I signed the piece of paper, but I haven't seen any of the money.  So where's my money??

6. Would you rather have 50 more points than right now, or have the brother pass.

Yes

1. You are tasked with choosing a theme song when your player scores, what do you choose and why.

Rage Against the Machine- Bulls on Parade

It's a great song to get everyone hyped and I don't score very often so I want the song to be impactful.

Jimmy Hendricks- Voodoo Chile/Child

I'm not giving any explanation just go listen.

3. Once you come up to the VHL are you scared of fight leader Hulk Hogan who is currently 4-1-6.

No I don't fight. I rely on the rules and my lawyers to keep me safe.

Yes I think we have been neck and neck all season but this team will shine now that we are at the top of the heap.

Yeah I tried it to compare to my maple syrup. I paid your agent...I did think it was strange that he insisted on being paid in silver.

6. Would you rather have 50 more points than right now, or have the brother pass.

The Brother Pass, it's priceless because it's a representation of respect.

If I had 50 more points in my rookie season the expectations of production would haunt my entire career even if I did well but not spectacular. I would rather focus on keeping my opponents off the score sheet without the expectations of point production.

Edited by DizzyWithLogic

16 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

1) Hmmmm well considering I'm a goalie, that's probably pretty unlikely to happen, so I'll go with "Pure Imagination" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

2) I gotta say I like ballads for win songs.  I think it can be a little overdone if you just to your everyday rock 3 and a half minute jam, like Seven Nation Army or whatever. My vote is for Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd. The band name ever shares some spelling with the Lynx. 

Just imagine winning the cup, starting the celebration with the intro, then lifting the cup in the climax of the guitar solo. Perfect.

3) Hulk if you attack a goalie I'll be disappointed,  but I'll step ;)

4) Well after the most recent games, we are 4 pts clear! It's looking good, but we have to beat some good teams still.

5) What jam? Never heard of it brother

6) do you mean let Zeno have 50 more? Hell yeah give it to him.

He thinks extremely highly of himself so I think "Simply the Best" would be appropriate.

Given our current situation, "All I Do Is Win" fits perfectly. It's not a very original pick but I'm not a very original person.

Yes, my player is kind of a pussy so he talks big but if the Hulkster gets close to him, he'll shit his pants. He'll watch himself around him... but who knows, maybe I'll go to Hulk's team when I'm drafted so I keep this dream alive in my mind.

Yes, there's no slowing down this train. We beat Philadelphia not long ago too so there's little doubt as to which team deserves to finish first right now.

The jam as in what I'd put on my toast or his mixtape? Either way, I'm sure it's great but no I haven't tried it.

I'm too new to this place to even have a clue what the brother pass is but it does sound more appealing than having 50 points. Can never have too many brothers, especially if they are Hulk Hogan.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:46 AM, HulkHogan said:

1. Live up to my name from Baka not Nice

2. Childs Play by Skimask the Slumpgod

3. I'll be damned if I am ever scared of anyone. I respect what he does but scared is the wrong term

4. We are the best team in the league. Over the past week, we have increased our lead and we are for sure not looking back anymore this season.

5. No. I only use Nutella.

6. 50 points.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, HulkHogan said:

1. Move by Thousand Foot Krutch. Like the feel of the song. 

2. With Arms Wide Open by Creed, and strictly because the fans would either belt it out or look confused.

3. I'd throw down with him, but he's a brother,brother.

4. Of course we can!

5. Something about that statement just sounds...anyways. NO.

6. Show me the brother pass, brother!

1. After 450+ days Boubabi was unbanned, whats youre opinion on this?
I don't really have an opinion about it. I've seen him around on SHL and I never had any problem with him personally and I have no idea what he did here to be banned. If he can be a good member of the community, it's good to have him back. If he goes back to whatever he did to get him banned, then I hope the league will act on it.

2. Playoffs start tommorow and were against LVA (I think), how easy will this be?
Dude so easy you can just bench me and you won't even see the difference.
... but please don't.

3. Now that we are 1st confirmed. Do you think the path to victory is easy or hard.
Seeing how well we did to finish the season, I'd say things should go smoothly but you never know with the sim. I'm carefuly optimistic.

4. Who is your ideal team to face in the finals.
I'm not one of those people who feel like legitimizing your win is necessary so whoever was the last to qualify for the playoffs is good with me. Make it as easy as possible.

5. Its almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?
I'll be in the VHLM draft so I would like to stay in Ottawa. I've known Acyd a little longer than most people here and I feel comfortable with him as my GM. With that being said, I hope other GMs will give me a chance and contact me before the draft so we can see if I'd be a good fit for their team.

6. Picture this, Acyd Burn wants to talk about your biggest weakness, what does he talk to you about?
Nothing because I'm magnificient.

If we're talking about the sim, I'm getting close to zero points so maybe that, if we're talking about real life, I know my draft stock might drop because I went inactive the last time I was here.