The one about Updating

Will

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yes, tbh. Same way Boubabi gained 734865 TPE for doing graphics around the site. Quality work and time invested should be rewarded.

Then I think a well-rounded approach should be looked into (assuming we can find a reasonable way to update with it) to create a more balanced system.

As it stood writers had a reward, or at least a convenience, that no one else received.

Fun fact: Bulk Updates limit you to 15 at a time (at least that's when it stopped letting me add more).

@Will I wasn't sure on a couple things. Experience Points are still claimed through this correct? And for press conferences when I have questions asked all over should I just add the other links to the comments?

Edit: I'm dumb I just saw the experience option

Edited by omgitshim

• Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Fun fact: Bulk Updates limit you to 15 at a time (at least that's when it stopped letting me add more).

@Will I wasn't sure on a couple things. Experience Points are still claimed through this correct? And for press conferences when I have questions asked all over should I just add the other links to the comments?

Right, I meant to mention Experience in the announcement: You DO claim Experience through this system (it's an option under Off-Season). But when Experience claims are approved by updaters, the experience is added directly to your experience attribute since it doesn't count as TPE. So once an experience claim is approved you will see your experience attribute has gone up immediately on your player page. 

For press conferences, I'd say the best way is to make a summary post in your own press conference and link to that as @Beketov did here

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Right, I meant to mention Experience in the announcement: You DO claim Experience through this system (it's an option under Off-Season). But when Experience claims are approved by updaters, the experience is added directly to your experience attribute since it doesn't count as TPE. So once an experience claim is approved you will see your experience attribute has gone up immediately on your player page. 

For press conferences, I'd say the best way is two make a summary post in your own press conference and link to that as @Beketov did here

It doesn't let me edit my previously submitted updates, the Type drop down box only lists ------- as an option. On Android mobile in case that's just an os issue.

Apologies to the updaters for having to put up with me being dumb lol.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, omgitshim said:

It doesn't let me edit my previously submitted updates, the Type drop down box only lists ------- as an option. On Android mobile in case that's just an os issue.

Apologies to the updaters for having to put up with me being dumb lol.

Dammit I thought I was doing so good with no bugs reported yet ? 

I'm having the same issue on PC - will fix! But don't worry about editing those ones, I'll approve them. 

1 minute ago, Will said:

Dammit I thought I was doing so good with no bugs reported yet ? 

I'm having the same issue on PC - will fix! But don't worry about editing those ones, I'll approve them. 

I told y'all I'd find a way to break it lol

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Thanks a bunch! I think my 7 experience points I mistagged got added to my TPE though. That ones on me.

I removed the 7 TPE and re-applied it to your Experience attribute. 

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Like I said, it’s completely fine if you don’t want to come up wih new topics, nothing wrong with multiple parts just as there never has been.

I don’t deny the system was helpful for some but overall I think it was a nuisance. Fewer people wanted to read 2000 word essays, resulting in less feedback and discussion plus we wound up with fewer topics in general. In addition to that the benefit wasn’t there for anyone else. An hour long podcast, for example, was still only 1 PT the same as a 20 minute one. Just didn’t make a lot of sense.

Some people don't even read others 500 word articles, so it's not like it's different. This writing thing is what made me get better at graphics. I really hated writing 500 words each week on who knows what, so I opted to learn how to get better at graphics. The multiples of 500 words articles were good and I did a few but that got to be too much when I had two players. Now that the multiples of 500 word articles are taken away, it kinda hurts members. Also people like @JardyB10, @Will and @Higgins tend to let their updates pile up sometimes and do one big claim. This is really going to suck for them and others who do so.

Perhaps the solution to long PTs like mock drafts or power rankings is to split them into separate posts, but still post them at the same time?

So like:

1) Draft Rankings 1-4

2) Draft Rankings 5-8

3) Draft Rankings 9-12

4) Draft Rankings 13+

Then just post which week each part is for?

• Senior Admin
28 minutes ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

Some people don't even read others 500 word articles, so it's not like it's different. This writing thing is what made me get better at graphics. I really hated writing 500 words each week on who knows what, so I opted to learn how to get better at graphics. The multiples of 500 words articles were good and I did a few but that got to be too much when I had two players. Now that the multiples of 500 word articles are taken away, it kinda hurts members. Also people like @JardyB10, @Will and @Higgins tend to let their updates pile up sometimes and do one big claim. This is really going to suck for them and others who do so.

Eh bulk claim lets you claim up to 16 items at once so not that bad. Plus I think (hope) the reduced time for updates to go in the sim should really encourage those people to update more frequently.

Also wasn't the change that allowed 2000 word media spots only made like 2-3 seasons ago? Nobody had an issue with 'parts' before then, but of course it's always easier to give things out then take them away ? 

• Senior Admin

Also:

- Fixed the issue causing the 'Type' menu to be empty when editing an update

- Fixed an issue preventing the description for 'Other' items from appearing in update logs 

Vyacheslav Smirnov awaiting approval. Seems confusing right now, but haven't looked into it much. Great Work @Will. Very innovative and amazing concept to add to the league. Hopefully it makes things easier for new guys!

@Beketov @Will Add Maxim Kovalchuk as my 2nd player (Ill PM you two, too)

Yeah, I think for everyone it will be confusing at first. The updating system we've had for 61 seasons was confusing at first for everyone too. I think we'll all come to enjoy it.

Also, @Will@Beketov

Leph Twinger is my 2nd player.

Also, for Sebastian Ironside, his PH was at 74 1/2, but portal shows 74 with 0 banked.

4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, I think for everyone it will be confusing at first. The updating system we've had for 61 seasons was confusing at first for everyone too. I think we'll all come to enjoy it.

Also, @Will@Beketov

Also, for Sebastian Ironside, his PH was at 74 1/2, but portal shows 74 with 0 banked.

Quick work. Kovy is already added as my GM player :) 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Quick work. Kovy is already added as my GM player :) 

Haha, yeah. I seen the system was up at like 5AM...added Ironside. I might have been one of the first to do so. :P 

It's going to be weird at first doing 2 players on this new system probably, but we'll all get used to it.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Haha, yeah. I seen the system was up at like 5AM...added Ironside. I might have been one of the first to do so. :P 

It's going to be weird at first doing 2 players on this new system probably, but we'll all get used to it.

Honestly, I like the bulk update thing as I'm typically someone who crushes out all my weekly shit on a monday within 20 minutes soooo

Doesn't seem too bad. 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Honestly, I like the bulk update thing as I'm typically someone who crushes out all my weekly shit on a monday within 20 minutes soooo

Doesn't seem too bad. 

Yeah, usually I claim almost everything on Monday/Tuesday then put off my PT until Friday/Saturday. Lol. Like this week.

• Senior Admin
16 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Also, @Will@Beketov

Added twinger and added 1 to Ironside banked

19 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, usually I claim almost everything on Monday/Tuesday then put off my PT until Friday/Saturday. Lol. Like this week.

Your player name makes me uncomfortable