VHLM GM Spot (Saskatoon)

Corco

I have experience as both a VHL GM and as a VHLM GM. I feel like I can be a positive influence on new members entering the VHLM for the first time as well as helping some of the welfare recreates to claim their welfare. Having been a member since season 12 I believe I can offer valuable insight to the league to new members as well as provide them with player build tips to maximize their success in the VHL which can help them retain their interest in the VHL. Once again I know I can exceed at this job and would love another opportunity to be a VHLM GM again.

I wish to apply for the position. I thoroughly believe I have exemplified my activity and dedication to the league thus far. Moreover, I have great experience from the SHL as a GM for both juniors and the SHL, as well as being a junior commish. However, I have never had an opportunity to GM here, and I tumultuously desire to become a great member in this league. 

I understand the importance of maintaining an active locker room, and I will emphasize the forenamed point if elected as GM. My team will continuously import active first generation players, and will take great pride in doing so. Even if it means simply working with one players per a season, as long as that member remains active, I have accomplished my job as a VHLM GM. Various members here are willing to vogue for my desire to do great things here, and I sincerely hope I am giving my first major opportunity on here with this position.

In essence, here is what I plan to bring, and implement if given the position:

1. I will aim to target first generation players, and keep them active as a priority, including returning members.

2. I will formulate an incredibly fun, active, and helpful locker room environment, which will lead to members working on there players more hence, creating success in all accounts.

3. Attempt to have seasoned members corroborate with first generation players, as well with me as GM, and show them what it adequately takes to be a successful member in the VHL.

4. I will NEVER tank a season, and garner draft picks for the sake of competing. I will constantly prioritize activity over success, and like I earlier affirmed, if I end up working with one member the entire season, while keeping them active, my job has been completed immensely from my perspective.

Once again, I hope my applications expresses my intense desire to become a GM here, and more importantly, because an avid, and essential members for the VHL.

Edited by Seth

I wish to apply for the position. I thoroughly believe I have exemplified my activity and dedication to the league thus far. Moreover, I have great experience from the SHL as a GM for both juniors and the SHL, as well as being a junior commish. However, I have never had an opportunity to GM here, and I tumultuously desire to become a great member in this league. 

I understand the importance of maintaining an active locker room, and I will emphasize the forenamed point if elected as GM. My team will continuously import active first generation players, and will take great pride in doing so. Even if it means simply working with one players per a season, as long as that member remains active, I have accomplished my job as a VHLM GM. Various members here are willing to vogue for my desire to do great things here, and I sincerely hope I am giving my first major opportunity on here with this position.

1. I will aim to target first generation players, and keep them active as a priority, including returning members.

2. I will formulate an incredibly fun, active, and helpful locker room environment, which will lead to members working on there players more hence, creating success in all accounts.

3. Attempt to have seasoned members corroborate with first generation players, as well with me as GM, and show them what it adequately takes to be a successful member in the VHL.

4. I will NEVER tank a season, and garner draft picks for the sake of competing. I will constantly prioritize activity over success, and like I earlier affirmed, if I end up working with one member the entire season, while keeping them active, my job has been completed immensely from my perspective.

Once again, I hope my applications expresses my intense desire to become a GM here, and more importantly, because an avid, and essential members for the VHL.

supporting this guy 100%. Will do good things for the team like Jackim has. 

Here is my more formal application:

I wish to apply for the open VHLM GM spot.

I am currently a Grader and an Assistant GM under EaglesFan for the Yukon Rush. I have learned many things in the almost month and a quarter I have been here.

I understand that having an active locker room is very important as is being an active GM. The more active the GM, and the more they talk to potential players and players on their roster, the higher percentage that new recruits will stay active. As a VHLM GM, I realize that my main objective is to help nurture and grow young players to make it to the VHL, but I believe that I will be able to create a winning environment, while still helping the development of my players. My goal is to see each of my players remain active and secure a role on a VHL team.

My action plan:

1. I plan to have daily chats with recruits and players in my locker room. That way I can keep a social and active locker room, while also keeping recruits interested even if they do not land on my team.

2. I plan to discuss with each of my players what their plans are and hopefully be able to keep them active. I plan to constantly remind my players if they have not completed Point Tasks until they have done it or have given an adequate reason not to. Though this seems harsh, it will hopefully keep players active and show them that I care. 

3. Though my main goal is to develop players, I will never sacrifice team success to do so. I will NEVER TANK! I believe tanking to be stupid. I will always try my best to bring in talent and ice my best players. If a player is on waivers, you can sure as hell bet ill be putting a claim in for them. 

I believe that my work so far with Konstantin Azhishchenkov as shown that I am active and dedicated to the VHLM and VHL. I hope my applications shows my interest and dedication to this league, and I hope that you will pick the best person for this job.

Edited by d3vilsfire

Hire this man!

Seth would be good for a VHLM GM Job. I've only worked with him for a couple of weeks, but his ideas and approach to the VHLM is completely in the right direction.

Really great to see the quality of applicants for this job!

Just wanted to chime in here.

I had a good time in Saskatoon as GM and had an especially fun season last year. This season my activity has dropped due to external factors and I didn't think it was fair to any players on the team to have a shitty GM. I'll still be sticking around as a grader and as a member.

Good luck to all applicants, it seems the franchise is in good hands.