Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Halifax is going to win the draft lottery. I'm the Taylor Hall of the VHLM.

2. Off-season means I can switch from exclusively vaping weed to smoking the occasional joint. Smoke sits heavy in my chest and isn't good for the cardio, so it's not an in-season thing.

3. This off-season, I want to work on my faceoffs. Coach has been putting me in the C spot since I made the team, even though I'm a LW, so I better be prepared to be versatile up, down, left, and right of the lineup.

4. In my mind, we did win the playoff series with Ottawa. Everyone knows that a sweep only counts if you win by the exact same score in all four games, and since we got that third goal in Game 2, we effectively nullified the sweep. And taking away the super sweep from the top team in the league is basically a win for a ragtag bunch like the 21st.

5. Why not both? My large salary is tied to my huge skillset, and therefore a team with my contract on it has cup potential. I can get paid, and bank shots in off the asses of random Bobs, Gords, and Dougs all the way to the finals.

6. I don't know either of the commissioners, but when I win the trophy, I promise not to Sheldon Keefe you okay?

On 5/4/2020 at 12:02 AM, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (May 4 - May 10)

Answer all six questions for two capped TPE!

1. Who do you think is going to win the draft lotto in both the VHL and VHLM?

2. What does your typical off-season look like?

3. What skill(s) do you in particular look to improve this off-season?

4. Do you think Halifax should have gone further in the playoffs?

5. What would you rather have: a large salary, or a smaller team friendly salary with cup potential?

6. Who is your favorite VHLM commish? @Banackock or @diamond_ace? They will be monitoring responses.

1. Well, if I were to go by the standings I'd have to say the best chances would be Mexico city. But I'm sure anything can happen in the top three or four.

2. The first couple weeks is definitely  catching up on all the partying I missed. Then after that it's straight back to work getting in the gym and back on the ice.

3. Speed and scoring are number 1 on the list followed closely by defense and puck handling.

4. Honestly I'm just happy we made it. Being in a building position is not easy but I'm proud of my teammates for getting to where we did.

5. I will always sign a team friendly deal to win a cup. It's not even a question for me.

6. To be faaaaair, I like them both.

1. It's gonna be a wild offseason. New teams, new players, new potential for trades!

2. Those Lynx from Ottawa were so surgical in their dismantling of our team, I'm sure they'll be looking for a long playoff run to defend their title.

3. 12 teams - FINALLY! Miami as a VHLM market is a fascinating case study. It's not a hockey hotbed - yet - and so the challenges our players face playing in Miami will be different than playing in a northern or Canadian VHLM market. Will the fans recognize the players in public? (no.) Will hardcore South Beach partiers pre-game in a VHLM arena?? (probably not.) Will my grandma come watch the team when she snowbirds in Florida??? (god I hope so.)

4. I think the contract and money thing is an oddity in the league. There's not so many things to buy with cash, and so negotiating more salary isn't as essential. I think if we were to ramp up the VHL economy with contract negotiations, we should also revamp the VHL store.

5. I grew up in a family with a history of dairy farming. I drink milk with breakfast, lunch, and supper. I've never broken a bone in my life, and haven't been injured in hockey in my 3+ seasons of playing!

6. Sandwiches - real sandwiches - are works of art that require immense focus, passion, and creativity. Sandwiches need two pieces of bread, buttered lovingly, a melange of toppings piled carefully on top of each other, a rich sauce to add some burst of flavour. Great sandwiches include meat, cheese, greens, and an extra lil crunch (toasted bread, or plain chips, or crunch pickles are great crunches).

Hot dogs are not sandwiches, but you can take the philosophy of sandwich making and apply it to a hot dog. You don't have to take a pig anus and boil it in water; spice it up with a sausage or an all-beef or all-chicken dog. You don't have to use cheap white hot dog bun as a carb; get funky and use real bread, or a fun sesame bun. You don't have to stick to just ketchup as a topping (don't even suggest mustard you disgusting animal); add cheeses and BBQ sauces, or spinach and salad dressing, or fries and gravy.

Hot dogs aren't sandwiches, but if they try really hard, they might become a sandwich when they grow up.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (May 11 - May 17)

1. Do you think this off-season is going to be pretty typical, or crazy (in regards to trades)?

2. What team in the VHLM do you think will look the best next year?

3. What do you think about the VHLM expanding to 12 teams, and do you think Miami deserved the team?

4. Would you like to see contract negotiations play a bigger role in the league?

5. What was your worst injury in your history of playing hockey?

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

1. I'd say with a new team it's probably going to be pretty exciting. Everyone pushing their draft stocks. Dominant players leaving to go to the show.

2. Depends who's staying and who's going but : San Diego, Yukon, Las Vegas could all be looking for gold.

3. It's been a while since I was here but it seems way more serious and more action filled than my first time around.

4. It would be cool. But, I'm not exactly sure how you'd go about doing it in ask honesty.

5. I was pretty lucky, never really had too many injuries. 1 concussion in midget and I had a partial groin tear in my beer league that is fully healed.

6. I think it depends on how you hold it. Because it's essentially a sub if you have the opening at the side. Haha

On 5/10/2020 at 11:01 PM, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (May 11 - May 17)

1. Do you think this off-season is going to be pretty typical, or crazy (in regards to trades)?

2. What team in the VHLM do you think will look the best next year?

3. What do you think about the VHLM expanding to 12 teams, and do you think Miami deserved the team?

4. Would you like to see contract negotiations play a bigger role in the league?

5. What was your worst injury in your history of playing hockey?

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

1) I think its going to be crazy! Because I am in the draft pool! But regarding to trades, I think there will be a lot of trades.

2) Of course the Halifax 21st! We will be making the jump to the top of the standings

3) I dont know how I feel about this, this will be my first season so I guess its nice to have another team? Miami is a good place, but arent they a little too warm for hockey?

4) Yes, I feel like contract negotiation play a bigger role in term of salary

5) In real life, I never played hockey, in this league, I dont think I had any injuries yet (knock on wood)

6) No, a hot dog is a hot dog, a sandwich is meat/vegies inbetween 2 buns

3lRwETJ.jpg

ANSWER 6 QUESTIONS FOR 2 CAPPED TPE!

1) Looking at our draft, how do you feel about the upcoming season?

2) What are you top goals for your player this season?

3) Other than Halifax, who do you think could be a top contender in the VHLM this season?

4) What sort of build are you using for your player?

5) What are your thoughts on our logo? Are there any changes you'd make?

6) If you had to pick, which player in the league do you think is gonna win MVP this season?

7) What's your favorite TV show?

8. How do you pronounce neither? Is it Nigh-ther or Nee-ther?

25 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

3lRwETJ.jpg

3) Other than Halifax, who do you think could be a top contender in the VHLM this season?

6) If you had to pick, which player in the league do you think is gonna win MVP this season?

1. Pretty good. Looks like we have about 6 active players heading into this season.

2. I was a top pick in the draft, so I would like to be among the top 10 in league scoring.

3. Saskatoon and Mexico. Both of them had 3 first round picks.

4. A defensive power forward type player.

7. The Walking Dead, but only the first 4 or 5 seasons. It kinda sucked after that.

8. Anyone who pronounces it nigh-ther is weird. ?

On 5/18/2020 at 11:05 PM, ShawnGlade said:

3lRwETJ.jpg

1) Excited, its my first real season in the league!

2) For my player to get playing time in the first couple lines, hopefully I can produce!

3) No idea, any teams could be a top contender, we will see how the season plays out

4) Focusing on scoring, skating, puck handling, defense, etc. Not much of a physical guy

5) It looks pretty sweet, not that I would change as I am terrible with arts

6) Maybe our first round draft pick? He looks like he is pretty good

7) The 100, but the office is not far behind

8 ) KnEEEEther

Newly drafted D-man James Rose will be taking some questions that will make him a better player by 2 points now...

1) Looking at our draft, how do you feel about the upcoming season?

Looking good so far!  As long as we can stay active, we have no problems trying to beat anyone.

To have better stats and get more involved in getting more points.  Another press conference anyone?

Mexico had a great draft.  We were at the bottom last season

4) What sort of build are you using for your player?

Think Aaron Ekblad.  All around

Havent been keeping tabs on logo changes really, but I think it looks classy.

Someone with more points than me.  Next Q

Its personal.

8. How do you pronounce neither? Is it Nigh-ther or Nee-ther?

It's either.  Or eether.. oh no I opened pandora box.... can I get extra points for that??

eCWLasW.jpg

1. Our first week has passed and we're off to a rocky start. What would you change?

2. Do you think the lack of success recently is a sign of things to come or will it pass?

3. Are there any teams that surprised you with their play this week?

4. Are there any changes to our line-up that you'd make?

5. If Halifax were to trade for any player in the league, who would you want it to be?

6. How did your player do in our first few games?

7. What's your favorite Doritos flavor?

8. I go to school in Colorado and everyone pronounces it differently. Do you say it as Cawla-raw-doe, Cawla-raa-doe, or Cawla-rai-doe?

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

eCWLasW.jpg

1. Our first week has passed and we're off to a rocky start. What would you change?

2. Do you think the lack of success recently is a sign of things to come or will it pass?

5. If Halifax were to trade for any player in the league, who would you want it to be?

8. I go to school in Colorado and everyone pronounces it differently. Do you say it as Cawla-raw-doe, Cawla-raa-doe, or Cawla-rai-doe?

1. Maybe we should try to change up the lines? We could get some good combinations from that.

2.I think that we have a good enough roster that we can overcome these struggles.

3.I expected for Yukon to do worse.

4.Not 100% sure what the lineups are lol

5.A defensive defensman

6.I wasn't put into the lineup

7.regular

8.Cawla-raa-doe

1. Maybe we should try to change up the lines? We could get some good combinations from that.

2.I think that we have a good enough roster that we can overcome these struggles.

3.I expected for Yukon to do worse.

4.Not 100% sure what the lineups are lol

5.A defensive defensman

6.I wasn't put into the lineup

7.regular

8.Cawla-raa-doe

James Rose will be taking some questions now...

It seems the Top6 forward group is lacking a bit.  If we can get some support scoring that would be great.

It should pass if people stay committed and focused.

3. Are there any teams that surprised you with their play this week?

San Diego fell off the map big time, and Las Vegas sure is on fire.

Probably a top line winger to play with Brown.  He needs a partner to make an awesome duo.

13 assists in 6 games, I think hes doing a good job.  Need more players to make plays with.

7. What's your favorite Doritos flavor?

Original

8. I go to school in Colorado and everyone pronounces it differently. Do you say it as Cawla-raw-doe, Cawla-raa-doe, or Cawla-rai-doe?

How would I know? I'm from Canada

4 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

eCWLasW.jpg

1. I think we need another forward for the top 6, or someone needs to step up. 

2. I think it will pass. We'll get out of this and start to win.

3. Las Vegas, definitely. I didn't see them being in 1st.

4. I might move Boxman to the 2nd line and bring up Fongs Son. Boxman has really struggled.

6. Really well. I'm currently leading us in goals and was at a 2 point per game pace until the last sim.

7. Sweet chili heat, although I'm slightly allergic.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, ShawnGlade said:

eCWLasW.jpg

Jeremy Lin's Press conference

1) Not sure, as a player I would try to find what I can improve on. But its more on the management to see what needs to be changed.

2) Every team goes through a slump. It will pass.

3) Saskatoon, they havent lost a game in regulation yet.

4) See who is hot and give them more playing time.

5) Find out what our weakness is and improve from there.

6) He did alright, but needs to improve, the goal is to have at least 1 point per game on average.

7) Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese

8  I am asian, so I pronounce it as CAL-LA-WA-DO

1. No need to fear, Empty is here. Now with me on the team we can go all the way.

2. It was a sign that you didn't have Empty on your roster. I am here now and ready to tear it up.

4. I'd put Empty directly on the top line centre position. Easily the best on the team.

5. I don't think we need anyone else right now, seeing that we just signed Empty. Empty is the future of hockey as we know it.

7. I'm sorry, Doritos have flavors? Since when? This is news to me.

8. Call-er-a-do

Honestly, I just want to score more points and have a bigger impact to my team. We are still doing decent so hopefully we can make playoffs

I think it will come to last, with. some rookies in offense it will get better as the season goes on.

I did not pay too much attention to the other teams, but Minnesota is still doing pretty good.

I trust the GMs, and I know they make good decisions for lineups.

Dont really know any other players :( 

He started off really bad, but has done really good last 3 games.

Classic Red is always good, tbh all of them taste the same.

Uh the first way ig.

KzU9pFv.jpg

1. We've now traded off a few of our star players. What's the feeling like in the locker room?

2. Did you see this sudden change in direction coming?

3. How has your player been performing this season?

4. What do you think about management's decision to do a full 180 on the season?

5. Is there any player that you hated to see traded away?

6. After our trades, which team do you think benefited most from our downfall?

7. iPhone or Android?

8. Do you pronounce Garage like: Guh-rage or Gair-age?

1. We've now traded off a few of our star players. What's the feeling like in the locker room?

Its a little quiet, since so many people are gone, but that just means more points for me

2. Did you see this sudden change in direction coming?

Not really, but I trust that the GMs know what they are doing.

3. How has your player been performing this season?

He has been doing good for a rookie, with 27 points in 37 games

4. What do you think about management's decision to do a full 180 on the season?

As I said before, I trust them to choose what to do is right

5. Is there any player that you hated to see traded away?

Obviously hated to see my favorite frog @a_Ferk traded away

6. After our trades, which team do you think benefited most from our downfall?

idk tbh

7. iPhone or Android?

iphone

8. Do you pronounce Garage like: Guh-rage or Gair-age?

First way

ZMjjZY0.jpg

Answer 6 questions for 2 capped TPE!

1. We suck, how does it feel?

2. With our recent waiver claims, do you think this team couldve had a shot if we kept players?

3. Which team are you rooting for now that we're as good as done?

4. What do you think of the VHL?

5. How is your player doing?

6. Is there a specific player on this team you have a bromance with?

7. Who's better, USA or Canada?

8. How do you pronounce measure? meh-sure or may-sure?

1. It feels awful considering my player is new and doesn't have enough TPE to be able to play well.

2. to be honest I don't see a way for us to be able to come back this season.

3. I only root for this team

4. Its a good virtual league but its very confusing to new players like me.

5. 4 points in 24 games but I'm a d-man so not sure what that really says about my performance.

6.I've been on this team for 3 weeks pls chill

7.Canada 

8. if you don't say meh-sure you have problems. 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Shawn said:

ZMjjZY0.jpg

2. With our recent waiver claims, do you think this team couldve had a shot if we kept players?

1. Feels bad man, not really, I haven't played so have I really lost?

2. I think we could've had a shot, but I joined late into the season so I can't really say.

3. I'm rooting for everyone except Las Vegas, I went there once and lost all the money I brought with me, I don't like Vegas.

4. I like it so far, it's gotten me to improve my photoshop skills.

5. My player is doing nothing... Literally. I have yet to play a game.

6. I have a bromance with James Boxman. Not actually, I made a graphic of him that he doesn't know about.

7. Canada has got to be better, smaller population and they're still producing insane talent like; SS Hornet, Lincoln Tate, and RJ Jubis.

8. meh-sure, I was unaware people pronounced it different.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, ShawnGlade said:

2. With our recent waiver claims, do you think this team could've had a shot if we kept players?

1. Being a new signing from Free Agency I hope to make a difference down the road.

2. I honestly have no idea what shape the team was in, but even if it was going south it's always a tough call to put something out of it's misery.

3. Philadelphia, because I am a huge fan of Blue Oyster Cult. Don't fear the reaper, baby.

4. I really think it is a super fascinating concept - and something I wish I would have jumped onto sooner. So much history and inside jokes and memories to catch up on.

5. Currently awaiting his spot on the roster!

6. Jesper Norberg, hands down. Hoping him and I can help give this team the push it needs to end the season respectably.

7. Canada, the Great White North. No contest.

8. Meh-sure.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, ShawnGlade said:

ZMjjZY0.jpg

1. I haven't yet played so it's not my fault. Still sucks though.

2. We've got a massive list of draft picks for S74, so I'd say Hali's time is coming.

4. It's interesting. I'm curious to see how these new expansion teams are going to work.

5. The bench is very warm. You're welcome.

7. At this point in time, I'd say it's the Great White North by a decent margin.

8. It's pronounced "measure."

aQ7LGB3.jpg

1. We're still somehow alive in the playoff hunt. What are our chances?

2. How's your player doing?

3. Which signing were you most surprised by today?

4. Who on our team is dragging us down?

5. Shawn and Dil get into a fist fight, who wins?

6. Is our logo good?

7. What's your girlfriend's name?

8. How do you pronounce Caramel? Cara-mel or car-ml?