Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

10 hours ago, rory said:

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team?

2. How are you preparing to take on the Hounds in round 2?

3. Halifax is in need of a new mascot, any suggestions?

4. Who is your pick for VHLM MVP this season?

5. Which VHL team do you see yourself playing for in the future?

6. What is the best meal you've had during your time with Halifax?

1. I don't know really, that's a question for those in charge of that sort of thing. I have full faith and trust in those who are managing this team to do what is best for us all. 

2. I understand that this team was the best in the league during the regular season. That means that we are going to have to do our very best to be able to compete with them. For that reason I'm going to be devoting all of my free time to practice this week. I want to do my very best out there. 

3. Hmm, mascots are very fun in Japan, not so serious as they are here. I have always been a very big fan of cow mascots. They are just so cute and for some reason every person who sees a cow must moo at it. It's human nature.

4. My pick is Baldur. He's just so incredible out there. He leads our team to victory and I think he's the best player in the VHLM.

5. I don't know, I haven't really thought to much  about this. I know some scouts have been watching our games, and I've been interviewed a few times. I don't really have a preference I don't think, but mostly...I'm just going to be very sad to leave behind my teammates from Halifax.

6. There is a a little Italian restaurant near the arena, Ristorante a Mano, that has the most amazing food I've ever had. Growing up in Japan I'd never had proper Italian food before. At first, I was a little hesitant to try it, but I'm so glad I did. Their conchiglioni is very, very good.

23 hours ago, rory said:

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team?

2. How are you preparing to take on the Hounds in round 2?

3. Halifax is in need of a new mascot, any suggestions?

4. Who is your pick for VHLM MVP this season?

5. Which VHL team do you see yourself playing for in the future?

6. What is the best meal you've had during your time with Halifax?

1. No, we are the best team ever of all time and we will win everything that there is to win for all eternity

2. The power of the beans that Bryn bestowed upon me

3. Billiam the Boat

4.  Halifax 21st's Kyle Glass bb

5. Not sure. Only two have scouted me so far, so either Malmo or Seattle.

6. I don't really pay attention to the food, I just inhale it like the human vacuum I am

1. We are tied with Mississauga in round 2. How can we get over the hump?

2. We have yet to lose in regulation, what's stopping us from getting overtime winners??

3. What teammate is having the biggest impact in the postseason?

4. If you had to re-name your player, what name would you choose?

5. Dylan and his beans have been the #1 merch seller in the team store this year. What can you bring to the table to dethrone him?

6. Why is Glowy the best AGM??

We get pucks on net and lay hits (really only me tho) and just score as many as we can.

2. We have yet to lose in regulation, what's stopping us from getting overtime winners??

maybe we don't have enough stamina and we maybe need to have a longer team workout.

There no "i" in team so i think everyone is doing there part.

Either Tyler McSteelerton Jr, or Tyler McChimaka.

5. Dylan and his beans have been the #1 merch seller in the team store this year. What can you bring to the table to dethrone him?

nothing good for him he has people who like his merch and i'm proud of him:).

Honestly I never really see Glowy in the discord but when i do I try to greet her with respect and friendliness. 

15 minutes ago, rory said:

1. We are tied with Mississauga in round 2. How can we get over the hump? Keep Leroy Johnson out and we win 🙂

2. We have yet to lose in regulation, what's stopping us from getting overtime winners?? I think we are getting tired from so much tax evasion  

Everyone tbh, we win as a team without each and every one on one the team we would not be able to win as much.

4. If you had to re-name your player, what name would you choose? Leroy Johnson is the perfect name nothing 

5. Dylan and his beans have been the #1 merch seller in the team store this year. What can you bring to the table to dethrone him? Do we really want to dethrone the beans that’s the real question

6. Why is Glowy the best AGM?? Glowy is always there to help us if we need and making fun of Rory and that’s fun, she’s super kind and always supportive 

Edited by Vkobe-v

We need better Defense all the games have been too close 

I think Our Team is really tired we the defense in the game that went in OT being the thing that kept us alive

I think for now it is Germano Henchoz when a D-man get in the game and puts up points the team plays better

Minion Olsen

$1 Speed boats

She was always positive I think What ever she dose after this season she will do well(Just come back for our Team Speed boat race Now the I'm selling $1 speed boats) 

as i say every week please upgrade your players and play your hearts out

team work and communication with teammates

i say the whole team is having an impact in the postseason and if it continues we can win the cup this year for sure

ezio

ill bring the chilli in the progress to try to dethrone him

the reason i guess is cause he made fun presses and kept peoples spirit's up

we make them hurt; with them in pain we go for it

i do not know but we're good

germano swiss cheese henchoz who is leading us in scoring as a defenseman

none because no reason to not 

i'll knock him out because i'm sick of his bean shit, then wipe off the bean stuff from the website. and now we can sell actual team merchandise

we win 

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 16th, 2021🚢

1: After making it to the final four in the Season 77 VHLM Playoffs, what steps do you think we need to push further and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals?

2: The VHLM draft is arriving soon, giving chance for new members to join the team. Who do you think would look good in a Halifax jersey and be a good potential teammate? 

3: What do you love the most about the city of Halifax?

4: In the 16 years of existence Halifax hasn't won a championship yet, once we win the Founder's Cup, how should the team celebrate their victory?
5: What other VHLM team would you say is the most fun to play against?

6: What is your off-season plans and how do you intend on preparing for the upcoming season?

1 hour ago, TMGSosa said:

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 16th, 2021🚢

1: After making it to the final four in the Season 77 VHLM Playoffs, what steps do you think we need to push further and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals? I think Halifax needs to keep squad similar and move in the same direction 

2: The VHLM draft is arriving soon, giving chance for new members to join the team. Who do you think would look good in a Halifax jersey and be a good potential teammate? 
I don’t play on Halifax so this is a good emoji spam question 😞😑🧀👟🔜😟😢😭🙏🤦‍♂️🥞😭😑😂😂🥲😂😂🤣🙏😃🐐😧👟🔜🐐🔨😍🔨😍

3: What do you love the most about the city of Halifax? When eagle eye visited me 

4: In the 16 years of existence Halifax hasn't won a championship yet, once we win the Founder's Cup, how should the team celebrate their victory?  Eat some potato salad made by @eagleeye and me 
5: What other VHLM team would you say is the most fun to play against? Uh I like to play vs all teams because of games but when I go is vs my rivals is fun 

6: What is your off-season plans and how do you intend on preparing for the upcoming season?

I’ll train daily and emoji spam a lot 😍🥞🤦‍♂️😑🤷‍♂️😃😑😑😂🤣🤣🤷‍♂️🤣😣😣😔😜😙😙😙😜😔😟 I’m getting good  

: After making it to the final four in the Season 77 VHLM Playoffs, what steps do you think we need to push further and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals?

I think better bottom 6 lines but more people to earn more TPE

2: The VHLM draft is arriving soon, giving chance for new members to join the team. Who do you think would look good in a Halifax jersey and be a good potential teammate?  um well anyoe can look good in a uniform but will they earn TPE?, will they be active, many things go into it really.

3: What do you love the most about the city of Halifax? I love the vibe of it and the food here is great, and  after we have a good game the food gets 10 times better 

4: In the 16 years of existence Halifax hasn't won a championship yet, once we win the Founder's Cup, how should the team celebrate their victory? I think we should flex on everyone in the league that we aren't bad and watch out for us, also a parade would be cool.
5: What other VHLM team would you say is the most fun to play against? I think houston would be fun to play against cause there the best team in VHL and i would be interested to see how we would do against them.

hit the gym hard and eat well.

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 23rd, 2021🚢

1: Season 78 of the VHLM is starting up in a few days, what are your goals for this season?

2: Is there other sports you enjoy to play or watch? Or is hockey all day, every day in your life?

3: There are only a few Canadian teams in the VHL and the VHLM, if expansion we're to occur would you prefer more Canadian teams to rival against or spread out more around the world?

4: Any special hockey rituals you have before a game?

5: What is one thing you love about your team that you'd be willing to share?

6: Name three items you always carry with you while traveling between games.

1: Season 78 of the VHLM is starting up in a few days, what are your goals for this season?

Just one, sucessful playoff run ending in a cup.

2: Is there other sports you enjoy to play or watch? Or is hockey all day, every day in your life?

Hockey All Day.

3: There are only a few Canadian teams in the VHL and the VHLM, if expansion we're to occur would you prefer more Canadian teams to rival against or spread out more around the world?

More North American, there are a lot of places to go.

Yes, I drink a bottle of Horilka

I don't know much about them yet. They seem very loud.

My personal dagger, bottles of Horilka, and my black book

6 hours ago, TMGSosa said:

1. I'm hoping to build up my defense and scoring up to 70.
2. I like to watch snail racing, it's pretty funny to try and guess which snail is gonna win, only for the slow one at the back to go zooming off at the end.
3. I would prefer to see more world teams. Maybe more European teams since I am from the UK.
4. Before a game I listen to the hello kitty theme song, I watched the show as a child so it's nostalgic for me and puts me in a good mood in order for me to focus.
5. I love that Dylan is in the locker room.
6. Kandi Bead bracelets, Hello Kitty Backpack and a spare pare of striped socks.

• I want to have the best season I can have, and hopefully be capped by the end of it.

• Hockey is probably like my third favorite sport. Baseball is definitely the sport I'm most into (followed by Auto Racing), but I love me some good ol' hockey!

• Well I mean since expansion is occuring now lmao... I mean it'd be nice. Considering that, y'know, Canada is the birthplace of hockey. 

• Lots of listening to music.

• I really enjoy the locker room environment that Halifax has!

• Phone, AirPods, Drumsticks.

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 30th, 2021🚢

1: Halifax 21st currently rank 1st place in the VHLM after an impressive 11-0-0 start. How did the team celebrate while keeping this hot streak alive?

2: Do you believe in superstitions or traditions? Any important ones you had during the start of the season?

3: Say that Halifax was looking to reinvent itself with logo, color, jerseys, everything, What would YOU like to see the team wear and represent?

4: With the creation of the VHL Europe League entering, what are you the most excited about with it?

5: Say there is going to be a VHL All-Star Skills Challenge this season, what competition would you like to be put in?

6: What is your favorite on the road snack to have while traveling? 

1: Halifax 21st currently rank 1st place in the VHLM after an impressive 11-0-0 start. How did the team celebrate while keeping this hot streak alive?

I think everyone one is scoring and hopefully keep scoring 

2: Do you believe in superstitions or traditions? Any important ones you had during the start of the season?

its depends somethings you cant really explain.

3: Say that Halifax was looking to reinvent itself with logo, color, jerseys, everything, What would YOU like to see the team wear and represent? everything is great about the team  but maybe the uniform style idk.

4: With the creation of the VHL Europe League entering, what are you the most excited about with it?

who will win the championship first and overall see how people do 

5: Say there is going to be a VHL All-Star Skills Challenge this season, what competition would you like to be put in?

target accuracy or shoot outs I think I would win that for sure.

starburst or skittles.

Well this question jinxed it, because we lost the next two games. We celebrated it in sadness.

Yea, don't talk about a winning streak

3: Say that Halifax was looking to reinvent itself with logo, color, jerseys, everything, What would YOU like to see the team wear and represent?

I want to see more seafoam green

I have no idea what it is even. Is it like VHLM?

Strongman.

some good old fashioned colt-45's

Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 30th, 2021

• Well we aren't anymore lmao. But during this time, it was joy all around! Mostly sailing on our boats.

• I believe in jinxes. I don't talk about the upcoming game at all until we get into the arena.

• Not sure, but I really enjoyed the Yellow in the old color scheme so I think i'd be down to bring that back.

• A potential Italian team!

• Not really sure- All around skill, probably? Target shooting, I suppose?

• Cheez-Its. The greatest snack food of all time.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, tylerwest said:

I think everyone one is scoring and hopefully keep scoring 

its depends somethings you cant really explain.

3: Say that Halifax was looking to reinvent itself with logo, color, jerseys, everything, What would YOU like to see the team wear and represent? everything is great about the team  but maybe the uniform style idk.

who will win the championship first and overall see how people do 

target accuracy or shoot outs I think I would win that for sure.

starburst or skittles.

1) I don't celebrate as you know that it can end at any moment. You gotta just keep practicing and going forward!

2) I'm a goalie so i have a lot of superstitions... it's hard to explain!

3) Halifax Howards! We'd have a big picture of Howard from Halifax as our logo and we'd be playing for his beautiful smile.

4) Nothing i don't think it is a great idea to be honest.

5) I want to be in the best keeper bit! i could save everything!

6) I usually just eat Kinder Beuno White!

On 5/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, TMGSosa said:

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending May 30th, 2021🚢

1. I don't know about the rest of the team but I am celebrating by giving myself a long awaited nap. UwU Sweet dreams everyone.
2. I'm not sure if it really works or not, but it's always good to keep an open mind. I love to listen to a song I love before I get on the ice so that it puts me in a good mood.
3. The kits would be onyx black with hot pink accents, rainbow socks and checkered helmets. The Team's mascot would be hello kitty with a knife.
4. I am excited to see some brit bongers on the ice. We should see the Terfs vs the Ukip members battling it out on the ice.
5. I wanna be put in the hotdog eating competition.
6. I like to eat the souls of the innocent while I travel.

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending June 6th, 2021🚢

1: Halifax has recently acquired Blloyoiderson and Pandora from the Ottawa Lynx, how do you welcome your new teammates to the #BOATGANG?

2: As a member of the VHLM, what are you the most excited for when it comes to reaching the big leagues of the VHL and the soon to be VHLE?

3: As we enter the 6th month of 2021, we are halfway through the year. What have you enjoyed about 2021 so far?

4: What special events for fans should we include for our home games? Bobblehead Night, Free Shirts, etc.?

5: What does your pre-game outfit consist of when entering the arena?

6: What do you prefer more? Playing at home with the fans support or playing away games and proving people wrong?

1: Halifax has recently acquired Blloyoiderson and Pandora from the Ottawa Lynx, how do you welcome your new teammates to the #BOATGANG?

with extreme hazing. I’ll grab the paddles and vasoline 

2: As a member of the VHLM, what are you the most excited for when it comes to reaching the big leagues of the VHL and the soon to be VHLE?

finding out where I’ll be spending my future seasons. 

3: As we enter the 6th month of 2021, we are halfway through the year. What have you enjoyed about 2021 so far?

my new career

4: What special events for fans should we include for our home games? Bobblehead Night, Free Shirts, etc.?

Free voodoo dolls

5: What does your pre-game outfit consist of when entering the arena?

a tailored 3 piece suit

6: What do you prefer more? Playing at home with the fans support or playing away games and proving people wrong?

I love hearing the fans boo. Whether the home fans hate me or the opponents, give me those boo birds. 

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending June 13th, 2021🚢

1: We are about halfway through the season, what are your thoughts on how the season is going currently?

2: If you weren't a hockey player, what would you want to be? An athlete in another sport? A businessman/woman?

3: Who would you say is Halifax's biggest threat currently? Any rivalries you believe are sparking up this season?

4: What was the funniest thing to happen in the Halifax locker room this season?

5: After games should we give out our own MVP for the game? If so, what should be the prize? A Halifax championship belt? A Halifax chain or medal? 

6: Fast forward to your final year in your hockey career, what would you say you enjoyed the most about playing on the Halifax 21st?

1: We are about halfway through the season, what are your thoughts on how the season is going currently?

We're doing pretty good! First in the conference, and hope we can ride this momentum to the playoffs

2: If you weren't a hockey player, what would you want to be? An athlete in another sport? A businessman/woman?

A coach

3: Who would you say is Halifax's biggest threat currently? Any rivalries you believe are sparking up this season?

Yukon

4: What was the funniest thing to happen in the Halifax locker room this season?

Every day there seems to be something funny and odd happening

5: After games should we give out our own MVP for the game? If so, what should be the prize? A Halifax championship belt? A Halifax chain or medal? 

Nah, let's save the hardware for the one trophy that counts

6: Fast forward to your final year in your hockey career, what would you say you enjoyed the most about playing on the Halifax 21st?

The playoffs