Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. How do you feel you've played being we're 1/7th through the season? 

I've had a pretty good start so far. I've almost hit my season totals from last season and I feel I've been more disciplined as far as taking penalties.

2. Do you think the veterans have an upper hand so far in the season?

Seeing as us vets have more experience than the rookies, sure, but I do my best to help the newer players get the ropes of things and learn some new skills.

3. If you can predict right now, what kind of impact will you have on the team? (most goals, assists, etc?)

Hopefully not 80+ PIMs like last season haha. As long as I can score but keep defending well I'm good.

4. Of anyone on the team (besides yourself) who do you think contributes to your success on the ice (your on ice partner)? 

My defense partner, @HughJas_ is awesome. He definitely helps my on ice play elevate to the next level.  

5. If you could have one player come to the Halifax right now, from any team, who would it be and why?

Nathan MacKinnon. He was an awesome guy to play with last year and I'd love to see him back.

6. Do you think that Halifax is a contender for the cup? What would you change?

Without a doubt I think we can contend for the cup this season. It's just a matter of us growing together as a team as well as finding out exactly who works with who on the line combinations.

• Commissioner

1. 20 games into the season, who do you think our biggest rival is this season?

2. The leader in points for the team is tied between Gaudette and Axelson, do you think it's going to be a tie until the end of the season or someone is going to run away from the other?

3. What is your personal goal for the rest of the season?

4. How do you think the team chemistry is this season?

5. What attribute(s) do you plan to focus on improving?

6. What's your favorite part of the VHLM?

1.) Mississigua I guess because all of our games are close with them

2.) I will only because looking at our recent games Axelsen has cooled down when I'm heating up a lot 

3.) 110 points 60 goals

4.) idk seems shitty only a few lines work well

5.) Checking and Disicpline 

6.) idk 

• Commissioner
Just now, Acydburn said:

2. The leader in points for the team is tied between Gaudette and Axelson, do you think it's going to be a tie until the end of the season or someone is going to run away from the other?

1.) I feel like we go back and forth between the marlins and the wild. We take 2 points, they take 2 points. 

2.) I think Axelson is going to run away with the lead, he's a playmaker so he's good with assists but he can also score goals so I think that's going to give him an advantage. 

3.) Improving on the ice, i've made a lot of strides in my development and it only seems to be improving.

4.) I think our top line is clicking but the depth of the team needs to jel a bit better. Our net and defense is solid on chemistry. 

5. I'll probably improve scoring and defense the most

6.) Honestly, I enjoy the locker room the most. The guys all get along and we put the team first. 

1 hour ago, Acydburn said:

1. There seems to be an obvious dislike for Mexico but that may be true game wide. No real rivals yet I’d say.

2. I would say Axelson will lead our team by the end of the year.

3. Top 3 in scoring on the team. Point per game rookie season.

4. Chemistry is alright. Been a bit of line juggling trying to get it better.

5. Mostly my scoring.

6. Favourite part is how much there is to do throughout each week. Keeps everyone involved.

3 hours ago, Acydburn said:

6. What's your favourite part of the VHLM?

1. I would say Mississauga because they are really annoying to play against.

2. I hope I come out in front, but it really doesn't matter as long as we can keep winning games. But I think I'm on a bit of a cold streak right now so maybe I can start to pick it up and take the lead

3. To lead the league in assists.

4. It's really good especially the top line.

5. Not really any of them, because I'm only 6 short of 200

6. The games, obviously

Mississauga. It's always a tight game.

I think Axelson is going to run away with it. He's just got this unreal ability to find the open player. He creates a lot for his teammates.

Improve my GAA and SV%. Seriously. Just improve in general. I think I'm on the right course.

I think theres a lot of disagreements.

RB, HS, SC, RT.

6. What's your favourite part of the VHLM?

The shitposting in the VHL Discord server. Tons of fun in there. Plus me, Thorvald and Acyd have become top buddies. So the friendships you make.

Edited by fonziGG

8 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1. Mississauga, always close games.

2. Gaudette is always consistent and has been hot as of late, so I think him

3.Contribute on both ends of the ice, steadily improve my playmaking.

4.It's definitely been better, but with losing in recent games team morale has definitely been bad.

5.. Puck handling, skating and passing.

6. The compete level, everyone is trying to be the best.

Edited by HughJas_
Misread the question.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:56 AM, Acydburn said:

1. Seems we have good battles with Saskatoon often. But honestly any of the competing teams are our rivals.

2. I think it will always be close.

3. Just to improve here and there. Obviously year one, I'm not going to be looking to score 70 points or anything. Besides I'm more defensive.

4. I think it is good. Lines seem to jell well. Everyone seems friendly with eachother on the site.

5. I am mostly leaning towards checking, defense and maybe puck handling or something like that.

6. The league parity.

Saskatoon has been a pain to play against.  

Its gonna stay close, and I really don't know who will end up on top.  But someone will beat the other.

I want to steal a few wins for us this season.  So far I have been helped out a lot by the rest of the team, now I want to return the favor.

Pretty good.  I think we're really bonding well as a team.

Rebound control and reaction time.  Everything else is pretty close to the model I'm using right now.

The team.  We've really built a nice atmosphere in the locker room.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:56 AM, Acydburn said:

1. I look at it this way, every team is our rival. We want to beat them all.

2. It's going to be close. They are both very talented and I believe they are just heating up. Going to be fun to watch.

3. I need to be consistent. 

4. Team chemistry is great. Everyone works together like a Swiss watch.

5. I have been really working on my puck handling skills along with defensive structure.

6. My team mates would be one of the best parts of my experience so far in the VHLM.

• Commissioner

1) What VHL team is your favorite? Who are you hoping to get drafter by? (if you're already drafted: What do you wish to accomplish your first year in the VHL?)

2) With the VHL draft coming up, what do you have to say to the VHL scouts? (if you're already drafted: Is there anything you wish you did differently before your draft?)

3) What does your ideal Halifax alternate jersey look like?

4) We've been able to maintain a spot at the middle of the pack, what do you think it would take for us to take a leap to towards the top?

5) What is your player usually doing during their day off?

6) Who do you model your player after?

• Commissioner
Just now, Acydburn said:

1) What VHL team is your favorite? Who are you hoping to get drafter by? (if you're already drafted: What do you wish to accomplish your first year in the VHL?)

2) With the VHL draft coming up, what do you have to say to the VHL scouts? (if you're already drafted: Is there anything you wish you did differently before your draft?)

4) We've been able to maintain a spot at the middle of the pack, what do you think it would take for us to take a leap to towards the top?

1) I'm hoping to get drafted by either the Seattle Bears or the Vancouver Wolves, both teams look like they're going to be going far in the upcoming years.

2) That the score sheet doesn't reflect the entire player

3) Probably a white Jersey with blue accents and it says 21st

4) I think it will take a little more on the offensive side, our defense has really picked it up lately so we want to help that out

5) Practice hand eye coordination

6) Brock Boeser 

1) Don't have a favourite team, I'm just hoping to be drafted to a team that will give me opportunities to improve as a player while contributing to the team.

2) To not look at just my point totals, look at my statistics as whole and see that i'm a complete defenseman.

3) Nice blue and white, similar to a Canucks jersey.

4) Consistent scoring, while improving our defense particularly with our forwards.

5) Enjoying time with friends, constantly working on things that will help with my game.

6) John Carlson

8 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1) Don’t have a favourite team. Would just like to be drafted and hopefully whoever drafts me has a team with good chemistry and tons of fun.

2) I’m a dedicated, max TPE earner type player who will give you plenty of offence.

3) probably something simple, white based, big Hali logo

4) maintain our current good run of play and have a few hot streaks. We aren’t that far out of a top 3 position.

5) likes to relax outside of hockey. Enjoys good relationships and team building.

6) Auston Matthews

1) What VHL team is your favourite? Who are you hoping to get drafted by?

2) With the VHL draft coming up, what do you have to say to the VHL scouts?

5) What is your player usually doing during their day-off?

1) I'm unsure really. Hopefully I get on a team where theres opportunity for me. Thats all I need, really.

2) Well, I'd like to think I'm super hardworking and dedicated. Hopefully I can talk to a few VHL scouts to see if I mesh with their plans going forward.

3) White on blue with a big logo.

4) Well, we take everyday as it comes. I think our hard work is making us improve every game. Just keep doing what we're doing.

5) I'm still at the gym but then I'll most likely just relax. Meet some friends or watch some Netflix.

6) Dominik Hasek. 

22 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1) Malmo because they are my hometown team

2) No not really I just wish I had kept hitting the cap with PTs

3) Dark blue with Halifax running diagonally down like a vintage jersey

4) Just start to string together wins and gain confidence

5) Training or gaming

6) Probably Backstrom because he is a really good playmaker and he has a good overall game

On 5/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Acydburn said:

1. My favourite team is HC Davos Dynamo. I hope to get drafted by a rebuilder that can use me right away.

2. Is meth allowed on your team?

3. Blue and yellow with an old fashioned boat as the logo.

4. We gotta all be active if we wanna win this year. We have to catch the top teams in TPE.

5. Meth.

6. Basaraba Moose. A good friend of mine from real life.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, Acydburn said:

Nighthawks if it wasn't obvious lol. I love the atmosphere of the team so far since I was drafted!

I wish i wasn't inactive for the majority of my VHLM Career, that way I could bank my TPE before getting drafted

Kind of like the NHL All Star Jersey's looked Black and White...new idea for a graphic!

Everyone to be on their A Game. We tried changing lines but that didnt work out as planned so sticking with at least the first line should be good

Practicing and playing video games, NHL19 to be specific lol

My player is a Jack Eichel/ O'Riely type player. Makes and starts plays but can score in tight situations when needed

On 5/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Acydburn said:

1. Drafted by Davos, hope to accomplish leaving in free agency.

2. I wish I didn't stay down. It makes sense for guys who might barely make the cap, but I would've been way over the cap if I did it normally.

3. Black.

4. Keep growing.

5. No idea, I barely pay attention to my player.

6. Rylan Peace

• Commissioner

Alright this weeks questions boys!

(these were inspired by the NHL Draft Combine this week)

1.) There's a 50/50 chance of a 20 foot python who hasn't eaten in five months in the hallway. Out of everyone in the locker room who is going out first?

2.) How do you get fired up going into a game?

3.) Something funny I should know about you as a player as your new AGM?

4.) How do you think we finish off the regular season?

5.) What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?

6.) What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?

7.) What color hockey tape do you use?

8.) Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?

I went with 8 questions this week to give you some more variety. Pick your favorite 6 :)

1.) There's a 50/50 chance of a 20 foot python who hasn't eaten in five months in the hallway. Out of everyone in the locker room who is going out first?

I guess I will.  I'll stomp it with my skates.

2.) How do you get fired up going into a game?

Metal and lots of it.  Rigorous calisthenics as well.

Top 4, might make 3 if we stay hot.

5.) What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?

The one you are about to ask next.

Acknowledged my existence.

7.) What color hockey tape do you use? 

Rotation of team colors on the shaft.  Bright pink on the blade to atract the shooter's eye.

I wanna hear the answers to this one....

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Alright this weeks questions boys!

(these were inspired by the NHL Draft Combine this week)

2.) How do you get fired up going into a game?

3.) Something funny I should know about you as a player as your new AGM?

5.) What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?

7.) What color hockey tape do you use?

I went with 8 questions this week to give you some more variety. Pick your favorite 6 :)

1.) I would go first, I couldn't ask anyone else to do something that I wouldn't do first.

2.) Blast some Eric B and Rakim, then @fonziGG, @Saelven88, @Steve and myself pound a couple of Molsons.

4.) I think we end up in the 3rd spot in the rankings. SSK has slowed down a bit and SDM is going all in so it's possible we end up in 4th where we currently are.

5.) "There's a 50/50 chance of a 20 foot python who hasn't eaten in five months in the hallway. Out of everyone in the locker room who is going out first?"... does that answer the question?

7.) Since it's pride month, I find myself using pride tape like Kurtis Gabriel of the NHL.

8.) The weirdest player in the hockey room has to be @fonziGG, if that dude plays another soundtrack for some bollywood movie.. 

1. How do you get fired up going into a game?

I usually take a seat with my ear buds in just before ice time, music really gets me going and it definitely has become apart of my pregame ritual.

2. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?

Micheal Rasmussen in my opinion, he's one of the younger guys. He always seem to have alot to talk about, he has been a good but strange presence to our locker room.

3. What color hockey tape do you use?

Nothing special usually just black tape, I'll switch to a white here and there.

4. How do you think we finish off the regular season?

A top 3 finish is possible, we're on the come up as of late. A top 3 playoff seed would definitely be favorable.

5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?
As it's my first year nothing too crazy yet, a few signs with my name on it but nothing too far fetched.

6. There's a 50/50 chance of a 20 foot python who hasn't eaten in five months in the hallway. Out of everyone in the locker room who is going out first?

Probably my boy Acyd, he's a curious dude who would probably get a little too close.

Edited by HughJas_