Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

1. What do you think about the trades this offseason?

2. Who do you think will be the difference maker this season?

3. What is the biggest strength of the wolves?

4. What is the biggest thing you want to work on this season?

5. Who are you most excited to play with and do great this season?

6. Who outside of the team would you love to play with the most?

I think the trades were great, helped solidify our lines and our depth.

Toss up between HHH and Freeman. Both will need to have good seasons to help the Wolves win the cup

I think our depth in all positions. This gives us many options to play around with in terms of line combinations.

Improving my stats to finally win an award.

There is not one person that I am the most excited to play with. I am just excited to play on this team as all the players are great and we have so much potential to do amazing things this year.

No one at the moment, I have full faith in the team we have here with the Wolves and wouldn't want to play with anyone else

6 hours ago, rjfryman said:

1. Overall I am pleased with the trades (and the fact that I wasn’t traded anywhere makes me happy too) and I can’t wait to get to know our new teammates as the season progresses.

2. I believe Eagles @Greg_Di is a huge piece to our teams success and with him only getting better and better, I think he will be what separates our team from everyone else.

3. Our depth in every position followed by our skilled elite core.

4. I want to get used to the pace of the VHL quickly and become the Wolves secret weapon.

5. Being in my rookie season I am excited to be here with everyone on our team, but playing behind Eagles is also a big opportunity to grow that I am really grateful for.

6. I’m going to miss having both my former Hounds teammates- Rice @Krice13 and Talli @Patrik Tallinder on my team and would love the opportunity to play behind either of them again in the future.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:20 AM, rjfryman said:

I thought they were all solid. Hard to see some guys go but I think the team has definitely gotten better.

I'm really hoping myself. This start to the season has been great for me and I hope to keep it up.

Our offense for sure. We score in bunches.

Becoming a more physical defender.

Brock Louth and myself are going to make a killer second pairing.

Probably Berocka Sundqvist or Jerry Garcia. They are good friends of mine.

1. We are on to a good start, how do you feel about that?

2. With the line changes what do you think about them?

3. How have you felt so far about your performance?

4. With the second lines slow start who do you think will be our teams best performer?

5. What do you think about our chances this season?

6. What is most important to our team?

Feel great, Offense is clicking, defense is playing great and goaltending has been amazing!

I think so far it has been working, to small of a sample size to have a final conclusion though.

I feel amazing with my performance so far. Off to the best start of my career and leading in save % and GAA among starting goalies

4. With the second lines slow start who do you think will be our teams best performer?

Even with the slow start I think HHH or Freeman will end up being the team best performers at the end of the season.

Cup or bust!

I think as long as everyone stays active and keeps acquring TPE throughout the season will be the most important.

3 hours ago, rjfryman said:

1. I love seeing the Wolves at the top of the standings, and having the lowest goals against and best goal differential in the league is always a sweet added bonus.

2. I think we got some serious firepower and an elite style of play, these new lines seem to be complementing those quite nicely.

3. I’m overjoyed and extremely grateful that I have had such a perfect start in my rookie season and I hope to continue helping our team whenever I am called upon.

4. I know the 2nd line isn’t producing up to their usual standard right now, but I feel they will turn around and Freeman might be the guy to light it up.

5. I think we have a good shot making the playoffs again, and I feel with how active our team is we could be good enough to go on a cup run!

6. I think just keeping our locker room talking every day and having our team trust and believe in each other is the key to good teamwork. 

I feel good, once Jagr starts picking up the slack we will be even better.

I don;t think they are working as well as we hoped.

Jagr has been ok, but has picked up about 10 points in the last 5 games it seems.

Probably HHH or Greg Eagles.

I think we have an even better chance this season than last with the new additions of Fongcouver and the just everyone on the team getting better in general.

Chemistry, HHH, Freeman and Jagr worked last season but now they are off to a slow start. The trio needs to pick it up.

Can always do better, we came out strong and got a lot of good performances from the guys we were expecting and the guys who were just getting their shot, but never time to rest on your laurels.

Im producing again so I don’t mind it

Started hot and then burnt out fast, I’m hoping to get back to at least PPG pace.

4. With the second lines slow start who do you think will be our teams best performer?

Only time will tell, it’s hard to make much of what we’ve seen considering how all over the place Simon likes to be.

Good, very good. The group we’ve got has everything it will take and more.

Chemistry I’d imagine, make sure everyone’s working well together so the boys (and girls) can always be buzzing.

1. The team has been hot and cold lately what are some ways that we can fix this?
  2. Who do you think are the Wolves biggest rivals?
  3. Who is the player you think you have the best chemistry with?
  4. Our next 10 games are against some good teams what do you think our record will be at the end of it?
  5. Who has the best hair on the team?
  6. Who has the best suit game?
  7. Who do you room with while on the road?
  8. What team is the toughest rink to play in?
  9. Who is the early season MVP for the Wolves?
  10. Are you happy with your stat lines so far this season?

2 hours ago, Beaviss said:
  1. The team has been hot and cold lately what are some ways that we can fix this?
  4. Our next 10 games are against some good teams what do you think our record will be at the end of it?

2. I think Malmo and DC have been giving us a run for our money, but my bet is on Seattle being a big thorn in our side as we near the playoffs.

3. Eagles has been a major help in my adjustments to the VHL, and a great teammate to share the crease with. 
4. I think we will come out 6-2-2 or 5-2-3, I have faith we will come out with some strong play against these tougher teams.

5. As far as flow goes, my mane is like fire trying to escape out from under the goalie mask. I nominate myself for best hair in the league.

6. MGS is always sharp looking but I think HHH looks like a boss in his suits too.

7. Sometimes Eagles and I share a room but there are times where 3 or 4 of us are in a room together.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, Beaviss said:

1. I think we need to get together as a team and start to play for each other and not for personal stats.

2. I think Helsinki has and will be one of our biggest rivals for some time.

3. I think HHH is the player I have the best chemistry with.

4. I think we will go 6-4-0 Until we get our things together we will go above 500 but barely.

7. well since being rivals until being traded HHH and I have been rooming together since the trade.

8. Seattle it doesn't change who wins or loses they just hate us. I don't know why.

9. HHH so far in my opinion. 

10. Not really, but If we go far and win, that is more important than my individual stats.

Edited by rjfryman

We need to figure out a balanced lineup that can do damage throughout the whole game

I think Seattle, they knocked us out of the playoffs last 2 times.

As a goalie I have to have good chemistry with everyone as I am on the ice with every single player.

I will predict a 8-2 run

5. Who do you room with while on the road?

It rotates, sometimes with Downey due to past seasons and sometimes Spyro to help out our rookie goalie with life on the road

6. Are you happy with your stat lines so far this season?

Yeah, so far my stat lines have improved since last season, hoping to improve them even more as the season goes on

Playing with the lines to see who clicks together the most.
    Seattle because of the playoff series with the Wolves 
  3. Who has the best suit game?
    Michael Gary Scott
  4. Who is the early season MVP for the Wolves?
    Greg Eagles
  5. What team is the toughest rink to play in?
    Seattle, the teams have a big rivalry and being located fairly close to each other I think makes the fans emotions even more intense. 
  6. Are you happy with your stat lines so far this season?
    I'm at over a point per game so it's hard to complain about that.

1.The team has been hot and cold lately what are some ways that we can fix this?

Nothng really. This is going to happen over the course of a VHL season. Second place right now is not a terrible place.

2. Who has the best hair on the team?

HHH. When he grows out his hair and greases it up before games.

3.Who has the best suit game?

Tzuyu. Has custome made suits arriving all the time. It’s got to be once a week his suits are showing up.

4.Who do you room with while on the road?

i stay in a different hotel all together. I stay close to the team hotel but sometimes in a AirBnb or a hotel close by, it was part of my contact.

5.What team is the toughest rink to play in?

Madison Square Gardens, New York. Both as a home and visitor team depending on how you are playing. 

6.Who is the early season MVP for the Wolves?

Not me that’s for fuck sure. I’m going with Eagles over the obvious HHH who has done what he was expected to. Eagles has kept us in a lot of games. 

1. We are currently tied for 2nd in the league behind Moscow. Are we going to catch and pass them?
  2. Do you think the Wolves should be buyers or sellers come the deadline?
  3. The league has a ton of parity right now do you like it or not?
  4. We are second in goals for and goals against how could we become number one in each stat?
  5. At the time of writing this Wang has a 2.74% shooting percentage. Do you think he can shake off the scoring slump?
  6. Do you like the wolves logo? if not why?
  7. Favorite player on another team?
  8. What player do you hate the most on another team?
  9. Downey is climbing the Defense scoring charts quickly think he can grab the #1 spot?
  10. Who has the nastiest gear on the team?

12 minutes ago, Beaviss said:
  1. We are currently tied for 2nd in the league behind Moscow. Are we going to catch and pass them?
  4. We are second in goals for and goals against how could we become number one in each stat?
  5. At the time of writing this Wang has a 2.74% shooting percentage. Do you think he can shake off the scoring slump?
  9. Downey is climbing the Defense scoring charts quickly think he can grab the #1 spot?

1. The Menace are playing strong but I feel that if anyone is going to pass them for 1st it would be us.

2. I could see buying in for another elite defender but I feel our D-core is pretty solid so it would be more of a luxury not a dire need.

3. Yes! As I have calculated all the overalls in the league I love seeing how close the league is, instead of having a super team running rampant.

4. We just gotta stay out of the box. Keep things simple.

5. Wang has had lots of shots hit the iron, which just goes to show that he is creating scoring chances. His luck will turn around and those shots will start going in his favour, if he keeps going hard to the net like he has been.

6. I like it but I feel we could have an alternate Logo as well.

1)We are currently tied for 2nd in the league behind Moscow. Are we going to catch and pass them?

I think we can, we just have to be more consistent in our team play.

2)Do you think the Wolves should be buyers or sellers come the deadline?

Buyers for sure, its cup or bust this year!

3)The league has a ton of parity right now do you like it or not?

I like it, its good for the health of the league. Most teams have a real good chance of winning it all and most games are pretty close

4)We are second in goals for and goals against how could we become number one in each stat?

Score more goals and let in less! ?

5)At the time of writing this Wang has a 2.74% shooting percentage. Do you think he can shake off the scoring slump?

I have a feeling Wang will light it up near the end of the season and heading into the playoffs. He will heat up at the right time

6)Downey is climbing the Defense scoring charts quickly think he can grab the #1 spot?

I hope so! Downey has been a great team-mate and deserves all the accolades he is currently receiving. I will be rooting him on

Edited by Greg_Di

On 2/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, Beaviss said:

1. I hope so but they are a great team so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it up

2. We should see how we are doing closer. I feel like we are good but its hard to get the cup.

3. I like it so that many people can have fun but I wonder if my player in a different generation would just be unstoppable?

4. We can make it but it takes more than just wanting it, we need to play for each other.

5. YEs he has the skill he just needs to connect a few and get his rhythm back.

6. I love it.

7. Jet Jaguar.

1. We are currently tied for 2nd in the league behind Moscow. Are we going to catch and pass them.
    I think so, they are a great team but the Wolves are better!
    I'm not sure, I'll leave those kinds of thoughts to the big brained higher ups.
    I think that's good for the league if more people are able to feel like they are competitive
    Tighten up the overall game.  The team takes a lot of shots so taking some better ones instead of just chucking the puck at the net might help.
  5. Do you like the wolves logo? if not why?
    Yes it's pretty simple but effective I think.
  6. Favorite player on another team?
    Roll Fizzlebeef, it's an S++ tier name.

1.We are currently tied for 2nd in the league behind Moscow. Are we going to catch and pass them?

Practise, practise and more consistent practise from guys lie myself. Moscow is active and we’ll need to keep ours up to match them the rest of the way.

Sellers, maybe I’m be moved again for another cup missing piece.

3.The league has a ton of parity right now do you like it or not?

parity is good with the amount of newer members. Keeps them more engaged early on.

4. At the time of writing this Wang has a 2.74% shooting percentage. Do you think he can shake off the scoring slump?

Always bet on wang breaking through 

5. Do you like the wolves logo? if not why?

Its alright. I’m not sure what more you can do baes on the name. Colours are kind of bland.

6. Favourite  player on another team?

Jet Jaguar. Enough said.

1. With the playoffs now less than 20 games away, do you think we will hold onto 1st in the NA division?

2. Who do you think we will be matching up against in the playoffs?

3. DoktorFunk and I have started a new podcast called Dok and Spyro’s League News (DASLN). What do you think of having another podcast for the VHL and would you consider being a guest on the show?

4. How do you feel about your player’s performance was this season?

5. If we were to win the cup this season, how would you celebrate the victory?

6. There are lots of great restaurants here in Vancouver! When the team goes out to dinner or lunch, what is your favourite food to order?

7. If we suddenly stopped being the Vancouver Wolves and had to relocate the franchise, where would you want to move and what would the new team name be?

8. Who is your favourite player (from any team) to hang out with during the off-season?

1. With the playoffs now less than 20 games away, do you think we will hold onto 1st in the NA division?

I think we can, we have a great team. Even if we don't it's fine. I just want another cup.

4. How do you feel about your player’s performance was this season?

Having a career year, so I am happy with my performance. Still looking to improve though.

5. If we were to win the cup this season, how would you celebrate the victory?

Take it back home to Poland and celebrate with the fans.

6. There are lots of great restaurants here in Vancouver! When the team goes out to dinner or lunch, what is your favourite food to order?

I follow the philosophy of the 3 p's. Pizza, Poutine and Perogies!

7. If we suddenly stopped being the Vancouver Wolves and had to relocate the franchise, where would you want to move and what would the new team name be?

Somewhere in Poland, I think Poland deserves a team. Not sure on the name yet

8. Who is your favourite player (from any team) to hang out with during the off-season?

So many to choose from...Tate and Rayzor due to being in same draft class....plus all of the Wolves players.

1. It looks like we are going to finish in 1st place for the NA conference, who do you think we will be matched up against for the playoffs?

2. Who do you think has been our team’s MVP for the regular season?

3. Who do you think will be our team’s top performer for the playoffs?

4. This week was the “Potential Hall of Famers” theme week. Who do think will be a future Hall of Famer from our current roster?

5. What are your player’s plans for next season?

6. How do you like our chances at bringing a cup home to Vancouver?

7. If you are in contention for any of the player awards, how do you like your chances at winning one this season?

8. If you could be anyone else in the VHL for a day, who would it be and why?

1. It looks like we are going to finish in 1st place for the NA conference, who do you think we will be matched up against for the playoffs?

Looks like DC or New York. Either way it will be another long and grueling playoffs, we're going to have to play at our best to get to the finals

2. Who do you think has been our team’s MVP for the regular season?

It's hard to choose but HHH, Freeman and Jagr have been playing great

3. Who do you think will be our team’s top performer for the playoffs?

HHH and Freeman have to be on their "A" game in order for us to succeed

4. This week was the “Potential Hall of Famers” theme week. Who do think will be a future Hall of Famer from our current roster?

HHH, Freeman, Spyro

5. What are your player’s plans for next season?

New contract kicks in so will keep on training and looking forward to future in Vancouver.

6. How do you like our chances at bringing a cup home to Vancouver?

Cup or Bust this season, we have to win it