Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

30 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

214837543_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.e190d97fed98157690463dd34b2659aa.jpg

What 500 Hockey?  Who is playing jokes on the Riddler?

I like to look at season games as quarters meaning about two weeks period or every 18 games but after 13 games we are hovering around 500. Does this surprise most; like me or is this just a slight blimp on the radar?  Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. I was surprised today to see that we have lost two straight games and now sit at 500 with an 6-6-1 record. What the heck has happened?

So I’m a prospect you guys need to just get back to scoring and get that chem up

2. The offense has dried up in the past two games with 2-1 loses. What do you think the problem is and are you worried?

The team has to move the puck more find more open shots then put it in the back of the net.

3. Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple had very hot start to the season and a very interesting mishaps the other day involving Pizza. Do you think he has distracted himself with pizza mishap or will he find his goal scoring form again?

I played with dogwood in Vegas on that championship team he is a great player. I think if he gets going or the team starts scoring the ship will turn around no keeding me.

4. Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz one of your prospects was traded recently from the Istanbul Red Wolves to Bratislava Watchmen. Have you ever been traded and what was your reaction to the news that you had been traded?

Well you should know I have been traded before as before even the season began New York traded me here and I feel as a prospect this was a good move for me because I had gotten no communication with the gm or team much like Riga right now in the e #letfutchbeintherigalr

5. With the General Manager away for a bit of R&R in Cuba, what mischief do you think the team will get up to and who will be the ring leader?

I don’t even know maybe Pearce but cool to here someone visiting a place of my heritage.

6. Riddle Time: What is full of holes but still holds water?

A sponge 

1. I was surprised today to see that we have lost two straight games and now sit at 500 with an 6-6-1 record. What the heck has happened?

I am not to worried about it, we are just building chemistry to start the season and some losses will happen. We will keep getting better as the season goes along. 

2. The offense has dried up in the past two games with 2-1 loses. What do you think the problem is and are you worried?

Not worried about the offense, we had a few unlucky games where the bounces didn't go our way but with the amount of talent we have on our team, our scoring numbers will go up shortly.

3. Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple had very hot start to the season and a very interesting mishaps the other day involving Pizza. Do you think he has distracted himself with pizza mishap or will he find his goal scoring form again?

I mean I think Dogwood was just trying to do a good deed and buy the team some pizza, it was an unfortunate incident where the pizza glob almost destroyed the arena but Dogwood should not worry much about it. Nothing serious happened and we need him to focus on his hockey!

4. Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz one of your prospects was traded recently from the Istanbul Red Wolves to Bratislava Watchmen. Have you ever been traded and what was your reaction to the news that you had been traded?

I have been traded with previous players, usually in my last 2 seasons in each club. I was informed by my GM's that they may be trading me and what my thoughts were. I always tell them to do what's best for the team, if they can get some good picks/prospects for me while im in my final years, I tell them to do it!

5. With the General Manager away for a bit of R&R in Cuba, what mischief do you think the team will get up to and who will be the ring leader?

I think with our mix, most of the veterans will be up to some tricks and the rookies will be on the receiving end of those tricks

6. Riddle Time: What is full of holes but still holds water?

First I was thinking a dam but then a dam opens/closes so it is not full of holes and only holds the water back. I was stumped on this one so I had to google the answer as I was curious....after looking at the answer I can't believe I didn't think of that! 

1. I have no idea, thats the question for someone else haha, but we just have to stick with what works.
2. I am not worried, its all close games, and i am sure we break it and luck will be on our side too.
3. Hmm pizzza, now i am hungey. I am sure Maples for will be back, and do even better.
4. I was, reactions were mixed, but mostly positive, cuz for now it was always to better team :)
5. Our veterans for sure, they are already leaders on ice.
6. Bob 

1339310666_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.963623e81f0eeb7836d0b43c25410f7f.jpg

What`s that? Ah – Playoffs? Don`t talk about-playoffs?

You Kidding me? Playoffs?

I just hope we can win a game!!  

Vancouver Wolves continue to play .500 hockey at this point of the season with forty-seven games remaining in the season so have plenty of time to string together some wins, right? I guess we could ask some tough questions and maybe lite a fire under the players bums or maybe even the general managers foot. Anyways lets get into this press conference as this could be fun or uncomfortable.

Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Let throw a hand grenade into the locker room now; which player do you think needs to play better to help improve the teams over all record? Why?

2. The team has three rookies on the team this season in Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple, Henry Eagles @Greg_Di & Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik. Have they impressed you so far with their play or has it left you wanting a bit more? Why?

3. A week on from our 6-6-1 record have we improved to 12-12-1 or is this really what type of team we are; only a .500 hockey team?

4. The league is currently lead in points by Ronan Lavelle (DCD) @Arce with 37pts. Our team is currently lead by Nico Pearce @Spartan with 31pts. Can Nico make up the difference of the six points to lead the league in points?

5. At this point of the season who do you think is our teams unsung hero? Why?

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves needs to ________________ to make the play-offs this season!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. Svätopluk Puk, he needs to start collecting some points.
2. Maple is having a good rookie season so far, and Puk needs to improve.
3. We lost some really close games, with a little more luck it could be ours, so i am hoping it will get better. I think the main goal for now is play-off
4. He can, he is one of our leaders this season, so we believe in him.
5. Hmm hard to answer, maybe Powers. He is a defender who is helping our offense a lot, but not forgetting about is defense either.
6. work hard and win a little more games

1. Let throw a hand grenade into the locker room now; which player do you think needs to play better to help improve the teams over all record? Why?

I think Eagles needs to play a lot better. Coming in as the 1st overall pick this season and so far only sitting at 9 points is not acceptable. He really needs to step up his game and help the Wolves collect some wins.

2. The team has three rookies on the team this season in Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple, Henry Eagles @Greg_Di & Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik. Have they impressed you so far with their play or has it left you wanting a bit more? Why?

Maple has definitely impressed and has been doing well. Eagles definitely needs to improve as his current rate is just not acceptable for a player of his caliber. 

3. A week on from our 6-6-1 record have we improved to 12-12-1 or is this really what type of team we are; only a .500 hockey team?

We are much more then a .500 hockey team. I just think with all the new players that came in this season we need a few more games to build chemistry and see what lines work the best. I am not worried yet about the team and believe we will have a great 2nd half of the season.

4. The league is currently lead in points by Ronan Lavelle (DCD) @Arce with 37pts. Our team is currently lead by Nico Pearce @Spartanwith 31pts. Can Nico make up the difference of the six points to lead the league in points?

I think Nico can do it. There is still alot of games left to be played and our team will only be getting better. 6 points is not much for Nico to catch up!

5. At this point of the season who do you think is our teams unsung hero? Why?

I think I have to give it to Fuhr, he has been keeping us in games and giving us an opportunity to win every night. We need to just play better in front of him.

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves needs to ________________ to make the play-offs this season!

Play with more consistency

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

2. The team has three rookies on the team this season in Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple, Henry Eagles @Greg_Di & Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik. Have they impressed you so far with their play or has it left you wanting a bit more? Why?

3. A week on from our 6-6-1 record have we improved to 12-12-1 or is this really what type of team we are; only a .500 hockey team?

4. The league is currently lead in points by Ronan Lavelle (DCD) @Arce with 37pts. Our team is currently lead by Nico Pearce @Spartan with 31pts. Can Nico make up the difference of the six points to lead the league in points?

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves needs to ________________ to make the play-offs this season!

1. Honestly I'd point the finger at myself to start here, even though I'm leading the team in points, I'm not putting up points consistently when it matters. Some games feel like I haven't shown up at all, and I just need to be a bit better and bit more consistent across games.

2. On a team this offensively talented, there's going to be a lot of mouths to feed. Everyone wants to score points and win awards, but at the end of the day, we just need to be winning games and putting ourselves into a position for playoffs. I'm very happy with Dogwood Maple on my wing for finding a way to contribute with points, and with Eagles and Puk for chipping in when they can as well. Both are picking up speed as the season goes along and the team is in a bit of a drought now offensively, their points will come soon as well.

3. We've been rotating lines and players a bit, I think we're still trying to see what works for this team long-term. No one's happy with the record but we're working every day to improve and climb up the standings.

4. To be fair, DC has played fewer games and we've been offensively anemic recently. When the team plays better as a whole, the points will flow. I'm more concerned about winning games than getting my points up.

5. Honestly, the rookies. This is their first taste of VHL action and they've been thrown right into the fire, alongside very experienced and talented players and told "we're going for a championship." It's a lot of pressure with very high expectations, but they've handled it well and will be a big reason for our success this season.

6. Score goals and let in fewer goals. Simple as that

@Otaznik & @Greg_Di being a bit hard on themselves but that to me shows character as it should always start with your own performance before looking at others. I haven`t liked Bouchard game much this season either as he should be close to a point per game player. I know he has been pushed down to the second pair but still should be able to contribute more. This seems as a collective team a lot of us need to check the mirror, stop being so self concerned and let the skill, talent and our abilities to shiny through more!! 

Lets keep your heads down and simple be better as group!! Cheers Guys!!

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

1. Honestly I'd point the finger at myself to start here, even though I'm leading the team in points, I'm not putting up points consistently when it matters. Some games feel like I haven't shown up at all, and I just need to be a bit better and bit more consistent across games.

2. On a team this offensively talented, there's going to be a lot of mouths to feed. Everyone wants to score points and win awards, but at the end of the day, we just need to be winning games and putting ourselves into a position for playoffs. I'm very happy with Dogwood Maple on my wing for finding a way to contribute with points, and with Eagles and Puk for chipping in when they can as well. Both are picking up speed as the season goes along and the team is in a bit of a drought now offensively, their points will come soon as well.

3. We've been rotating lines and players a bit, I think we're still trying to see what works for this team long-term. No one's happy with the record but we're working every day to improve and climb up the standings.

4. To be fair, DC has played fewer games and we've been offensively anemic recently. When the team plays better as a whole, the points will flow. I'm more concerned about winning games than getting my points up.

5. Honestly, the rookies. This is their first taste of VHL action and they've been thrown right into the fire, alongside very experienced and talented players and told "we're going for a championship." It's a lot of pressure with very high expectations, but they've handled it well and will be a big reason for our success this season.

6. Score goals and let in fewer goals. Simple as that

As mentioned to the others Character to point to one self first!! Love the answers and I am really starting to love this team. I see we have a bunch of Character guys in this LR.

How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

1339310666_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.963623e81f0eeb7836d0b43c25410f7f.jpg

I just hope we can win a game!!  

Myself, I was a top 10 scorer the last two seasons and now I'm nowhere to be found. I am still adjusting but hoping to have a much better mid chunk of the season and help turn the team around.

2. The team has three rookies on the team this season in Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple, Henry Eagles @Greg_Di & Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik. Have they impressed you so far with their play or has it left you wanting a bit more? Why?

It's always nice to see the rookies step up. They are producing to their expectations and beyond. The shortages of this team is currently on the veterans (aka myself) and that's something that they will have to overcome. The rookies should be out enjoying it, with no pressure at all. 

3. A week on from our 6-6-1 record have we improved to 12-12-1 or is this really what type of team we are; only a .500 hockey team?

No we are definitely a lot better. Hopefully we get some STHS luck in the next couple weeks. 

4. The league is currently lead in points by Ronan Lavelle (DCD) @Arce with 37pts. Our team is currently lead by Nico Pearce @Spartanwith 31pts. Can Nico make up the difference of the six points to lead the league in points?

Absolutely. We are in a rough stretch now and he is in the hunt. Once we get in sync, we should see Pearce climb up in the stats board. 

5. At this point of the season who do you think is our teams unsung hero? Why?

Fuhr has kept us in a lot of low scoring games, I think he's the unsung hero so far. 

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves needs to ________________ to make the play-offs this season!

Fill the net a lot more. 

259567278_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.1426a41d4abbc632ecaabca7c43ac777.jpg

Holly Half Way, Batman!!

Sometimes the season seems to drag along but other times it seems to fly. Here we are already at the half way mark of the season with another press conference to see how things have changed with the Vancouver Wolves since the last time we had media availability. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Holly cow have things changed in Vancouver after a very average 12-12-1 record last week the team is now 24-12-3 after today’s game. What has changed and do think the team is this good?

2. Nico Pearce @Spartan now leads the league with 60 pts but we should also mention we have three players in the top 10 of league scoring with Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7 (52pts) and Anze Miklavz @kelvi(51pts). Do you expect that these three can maintain the offense for the team?

3. Brandt Fuhr @Tate current leads the league in wins with 24 and is tied for second in the league with 2.37 goals against average. What does it mean to play in front of a solid, consistent goaltender every game?

4. The Power defenders, Nathan Powers and Wattson Power; are currently tied on the team for the most blocked shots at 87. What gift should Fuhr @Tate buy these two at Christmas time this season for lay their bodies on the line to aid him?

5. After another incident at the Vancouver arena the other day involving snakes, what animal are you the most afraid of and why?

6. Last question already? Maybe a riddle or a fill in the statement question? Hum, Lets go with a fillin the blank question as I am not feeling riddles today:

Vancouver will continue to win if _________________

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. What a turnaround! I’m not sure exactly, but whatever it is, it is working! We seem to be playing to our strengths and winning because of it. Yes, I do, on paper and now it is showing on ice.

2. For sure, the trio is excelling. They have the necessary experience to keep it up, especially down the stretch when it matters most. I need to do my part to complement them. 
3. It’s awesome! Makes my life easier when I get beat, knowing Fuhr will save me. 

6 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Holly cow have things changed in Vancouver after a very average 12-12-1 record last week the team is now 24-12-3 after today’s game. What has changed and do think the team is this good?

2. Nico Pearce @Spartan now leads the league with 60 pts but we should also mention we have three players in the top 10 of league scoring with Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7 (52pts) and Anze Miklavz @kelvi(51pts). Do you expect that these three can maintain the offense for the team?

3. Brandt Fuhr @Tate current leads the league in wins with 24 and is tied for second in the league with 2.37 goals against average. What does it mean to play in front of a solid, consistent goaltender every game?

4. The Power defenders, Nathan Powers and Wattson Power; are currently tied on the team for the most blocked shots at 87. What gift should Fuhr @Tate buy these two at Christmas time this season for lay their bodies on the line to aid him?

5. After another incident at the Vancouver arena the other day involving snakes, what animal are you the most afraid of and why?

6. Last question already? Maybe a riddle or a fill in the statement question? Hum, Lets go with a fillin the blank question as I am not feeling riddles today:

1. Honestly, I think we just needed some time. We had a lot of new faces join the team in the offseason and we didn't have enough time to get to know each other's strengths and weaknesses and to build some chemistry. Now it seems like we're all on the same page and doing great!

2. Well, I know that producing offense is one of the main reasons I was brought to the team, and I consider it the same for Leduc and Miklavz. It's our responsibility at the least, to keep driving offense for the team. I still think that our depth pitches in every night to make our lives easier though. As long as we're winning games, it means we're producing enough offensively.

3. Brandt has really been the rock of the team when we were building chemistry and really figuring out who we were. He's held down the fort in net well enough to allow us to stay in playoff contention, and now since our offense has sparked, we're back to looking like a playoff bound team.

4. New shin pads at the least, I'm sure Power and Powers' are pretty worn out. Maybe a voucher for a spa and a massage as well :D.

5. I'd probably say spiders since I never know which ones are venomous and which ones aren't. You'd think I'd be afraid of snakes by now with all the incidents we've had recently.

6. The team continues to play well in all facets of the game. And that's really it, everyone needs to do their job and do the basic things - score goals, don't allow goals against. Block shots, get pucks on the net, and play responsibly. It's a simple, winning formula and if we follow it, we'll keep winning.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:05 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

I just hope we can win a game!!  

Vancouver Wolves continue to play .500 hockey at this point of the season with forty-seven games remaining in the season so have plenty of time to string together some wins, right? I guess we could ask some tough questions and maybe lite a fire under the players bums or maybe even the general managers foot. Anyways lets get into this press conference as this could be fun or uncomfortable.

Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. ME!  I've been slacking big time. I need to step it up if we're to make a playoff push

2. So far so good!  It's definitely an adjustment but I think the three of us are playing well

3. I think we're a bit unlucky. A couple of different breaks and we're near the top of the table. Just gotta keep on grinding.

4. No doubt! We gotta keep feeding the beast to get that points title.

5. I think the unsung hero is our overall depth. We can score and defend up and down the roster. 

6. CONVINCE DOGWOOD MAPLE TO PLAY BETTER!

Pearce back on the second line has really re-ignited tye scoring. Despite the OT loss to NY today, I think we're on tye right track. How good are we? Lets find out.

2. Nico Pearce @Spartan now leads the league with 60 pts but we should also mention we have three players in the top 10 of league scoring with Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7 (52pts) and Anze Miklavz @kelvi(51pts). Do you expect that these three can maintain the offense for the team?

I hope they can if they're all top 10 in league scoring at seasons end then we'll be one of the top teams in the league.

3. Brandt Fuhr @Tate current leads the league in wins with 24 and is tied for second in the league with 2.37 goals against average. What does it mean to play in front of a solid, consistent goaltender every game?

He's been our most consistent player all season. The cornerstone of this franchise.

4. The Power defenders, Nathan Powers and Wattson Power; are currently tied on the team for the most blocked shots at 87. What gift should Fuhr @Tate buy these two at Christmas time this season for lay their bodies on the line to aid him?

I think it's been a team effort, our defense is one of the deepest in the league and well Fuhr is Fuhr.

Rats, probably because of the black plague.

Vancouver will continue to win if - the offense can continue it's recent run. If the offense finds consistency we're one of the top teams in the league.

1. Yeah team is this gooood, we had few unlucky lses with 1 goal difference on the start of the season, now we are scoring more goals and winning the games.
2. I am not surprised, these guys are our veterans and leaders. I am sure they will continue in scoring points.
3. He is having an amazing season. Maybe we will see some trophy at the end of the season in his hands.
4. At least some nice dinner.
5. Animals are not the ones i am scared of. but for sure dont want to meet a brown bear or grizzley in a hike face to face and angry.
6. if we keep playing like last 12 games, and keep the chemistry.

I always knew we would bounce back and start playing like we should have. We just needed time to build chemistry and learn to play as a team. We are now playing like a team who has played 5 years together and the results are showing.

2. Nico Pearce @Spartan now leads the league with 60 pts but we should also mention we have three players in the top 10 of league scoring with Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7 (52pts) and Anze Miklavz @kelvi(51pts). Do you expect that these three can maintain the offense for the team?

For this team to be successful now and in the playoffs these 3 have to help lead the pack. I believe with the talent they have and the support they have that they will be able to lead the league at the end of the season.

3. Brandt Fuhr @Tate current leads the league in wins with 24 and is tied for second in the league with 2.37 goals against average. What does it mean to play in front of a solid, consistent goaltender every game?

Fuhr gives us a chance to win every night and that's all you can ask from your goalie. He has stolen games for us and when you see your goalie putting everything on the line, you then want to put everything on the line for him.

4. The Power defenders, Nathan Powers and Wattson Power; are currently tied on the team for the most blocked shots at 87. What gift should Fuhr @Tate buy these two at Christmas time this season for lay their bodies on the line to aid him?

I think Fuhr should get them a boatload of tylenol along with a spa package. These guys need time to recover from the daily barage of shots they are blocking.

I am an animal person so I don't think I am scared of any animal. While not being scared I still wouldn't want to cross paths with a shark in the water.

We will continue to win if we keep playing like we have over the last few games. We have to stay consistent!

I think the team found some chemistry. It's a completely different roster than it was last season

I don't see why not Miklavz and Leduc were right up there last season with Riga, and Pearce is arguably one of the best players in the league.

You don't have to feel like every shot against is a death sentence. It's very calming to have someone like that in goal.

Probably a steak dinner, preferably at a nice establishment.

I am not a huge fan of lizards, snakes, or anything that lives in the ocean. The ocean is scary.

Vancouver will continue to win if we keep scoring more goals than the other team does.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:20 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

259567278_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.1426a41d4abbc632ecaabca7c43ac777.jpg

Holly Half Way, Batman!!

Sometimes the season seems to drag along but other times it seems to fly. Here we are already at the half way mark of the season with another press conference to see how things have changed with the Vancouver Wolves since the last time we had media availability. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. I'm not surprised!  I knew we had it in us the entire time.  We were just a little bit unlucky before going on this wild run.

2. I have no doubt that that trio can continue their torrid pace.  We're absolutely clicking right now and I think one of them will come out on top at the end of the season. 

3. It's such a load of my shoulders knowing that we have one of the best goalies back there.  I know that even if I make a mistake, I've got a brick wall back there to keep me out of trouble.

4. I think he should buy each a Bentley.  Fully loaded.

5. I'll probably go with either snakes or spiders.  I have no tolerance for either.

6. We keep working hard between games!  Gotta grind at the practice facility

1663617840_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.ed1b54b8386fa6599ce65117c6482245.jpg

Trade Deadline Addition

Either one of the most exciting or more nerve-racking time of the year when all the general managers in the league either look to improve their championship chances or look at setting the team on fire; while hoping to become a phoenix raising from the ashes in future seasons. Yup, it is trade deadline day!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Current Vancouver Wolves General Manager decided to stay pat on this year’s trade deadline day? Do you think this was the right move as the team currently sits first in the North American standings?

2. If you could have completed one single trade for the Vancouver Wolves management; What or who would you have traded for and why?

3. Since not much happened around Vancouver or the teams prospects this trade deadline let’s talk about some of the other trades that actually took place. First let’s start with HC Davos trading away pending UFA David Davis, prospect Juan Sano III and two picks in return for Xavier Booberry and a pick from Helsinki. What are your thoughts and who won this trade?

4. Second trade also involves Helsinki as they traded disgruntled Hammar Voss and former 4th Overall Cobalt Burns and pick for a boat load of prospects in Doug Britton, Reid Johnson and Tater Tottingham and 2nd round pick in S87. Again, who do you think won the trade and why?  

5. With eighteen games remaining and only one of the dreaded back-up games have been played; Are you considered about how B-Van G1 is going to play?

6. Riddle: Staying with the trade theme today’s riddle is based on stock market trades.

Let`s say the stock price was 10 two days ago. It dropped by 50% yesterday and raised by 50% today. What is the stock price now?

Answer:

Spoiler

10 dropped by 50% to 5. Then raised 50% of 5 to 7.5. 7.5 is the answer!!  

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. Current Vancouver Wolves General Manager decided to stay pat on this year’s trade deadline day? Do you think this was the right move as the team currently sits first in the North American standings?

Yes, especially if rival GM's were asking for too much in return. Showing faith in the users/players that have gotten VAN to NA #1 shows trust.

2. If you could have completed one single trade for the Vancouver Wolves management; What or who would you have traded for and why?

I'm in no position to speculate about who or what the Wolves need(or don't). If they felt like they needed to strengthen a particular area, then they would have done so.

3. Since not much happened around Vancouver or the teams prospects this trade deadline let’s talk about some of the other trades that actually took place. First let’s start with HC Davos trading away pending UFA David Davis, prospect Juan Sano III and two picks in return for Xavier Booberry and a pick from Helsinki. What are your thoughts and who won this trade?

The real winner from this trade is Booberry, but as far as the actual teams, it may depend on what Davis does come the FA period. Re-sign or walk?

4. Second trade also involves Helsinki as they traded disgruntled Hammar Voss and former 4th Overall Cobalt Burns and pick for a boat load of prospects in Doug Britton, Reid Johnson and Tater Tottingham and 2nd round pick in S87. Again, who do you think won the trade and why?  

Firstly, thank you for spelling "Hammar" correctly. Helsinki actually won this, although Burns will be a nice add for the Nighthawks, especially if he returns to full earning potential. Voss has stated(and confirmed to Malmo) that he will not be signing an extension and definitely heading to FA. If Malmo decide to pitch then, fair enough, but he won't be forced into an extension out of guilt.

5. With eighteen games remaining and only one of the dreaded back-up games have been played; Are you considered about how B-Van G1 is going to play?

I'm sure the backup can steal a couple of games to keep Vancouver up the top, headed into the playoffs.

6. Riddle: Staying with the trade theme today’s riddle is based on stock market trades.

Let`s say the stock price was 10 two days ago. It dropped by 50% yesterday and raised by 50% today. What is the stock price now?

Well, I'm pretty sure it's 7.5, but I haven't got enough spare cash to invest, so it may as well be 7500 tbh.

1. We will see at the end of the season. But i understand, cuz currently we play good.
2. Hmm maybe a backup goalie. But no idea for what, as our team work good as it is now. 
3. Davos got a great goalie who already won some awards. He makes the team stronger.
4. Time will show. Hammar and Cobalt showed they are competetive in VHL and have a bright future. And we have to wait what the prospect that Helsinki got will bring to the game.
5. I am little worried, but hope he will do good.
6. If i count it good, 50% drop from 10 is 5, and 50% raise of 5 is 7,5.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, BOOM said:

Firstly, thank you for spelling "Hammar" correctly. Helsinki actually won this, although Burns will be a nice add for the Nighthawks, especially if he returns to full earning potential. Voss has stated(and confirmed to Malmo) that he will not be signing an extension and definitely heading to FA. If Malmo decide to pitch then, fair enough, but he won't be forced into an extension out of guilt.

You`re welcome!! Happy for you in someways to be out of the situation in Helsinki and hopefully playing meaningful games for Malmo but also understood you didn`t want to be traded. Wishing you the best @BOOM!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

Yes I think so, we were on a HEATER at the time so there was no reason to screw with the roster. There obviously wasn't much available so there's no point to make a trade just for the sake of making one. 

If there was an option to add a roster player without giving one up, I would been ok with that. Draft picks are always dart throws and if you could add some depth to the roster heading into the playoffs it only strengthens us. Perhaps a depth goalie to avoid using a bot, but we know how that goes. 

They always say that the team who gets the best player wins the trade. Davos is obviously going for it here and got one of the best goalies ever to help them win it. I really like this for Davos to be honest, if they win it looks like a home run. Can never have too much goaltending. 

4. Second trade also involves Helsinki as they traded disgruntled Hammar Voss and former 4th Overall Cobalt Burns and pick for a boat load of prospects in Doug Britton, Reid Johnson and Tater Tottingham and 2nd round pick in S87. Again, who do you think won the trade and why?  

I think Malmo got a really nice package out of this and took advantage of the leverage of having a dissatisfied player. 

Not really. We are a playoff team so I'm only worried about the goalie situation in the playoffs. 

6. Riddle: Staying with the trade theme today’s riddle is based on stock market trades.

Spoiler

I'm assuming you are applying those percentages to the stock price in its current state. 0.5*(0.5*10)+0.5*10 = 7.5