S36 Off-Season Schedule

Victor

I didn't mean to start a war... signed up on this past Wed the 26th of February. Just trying to make sure I don't miss out on some easy TPE and such. And let people know I am still around, just don't know what (outside of TPE stuff) I am supposed to be doing.

• Admin

Anyway, the VHL draft is on Thursday at 6 ET. That's actually OFFICIAL. Hopefully Devise stops shitting bricks now.

Awards ceremony swapped to Friday and depreciation will be done on Thursday.

I didn't mean to start a war... signed up on this past Wed the 26th of February. Just trying to make sure I don't miss out on some easy TPE and such. And let people know I am still around, just don't know what (outside of TPE stuff) I am supposed to be doing.

You're not the Coach that starts wars :P

Anyhow, I agree that draft should be held fairly early in the off-season. I'm sure some middle ground will be found.

Then bump pre-season back. Conducting the draft early when people can't attend is idiotic.

Specify which draft haha. I was talking the VHL draft

The league's in a bit of limbo for a draftee right now. S36 just ended, so we're in the off-season and getting ready for S37. You joined at a great time, as you've guaranteed you will get a full season in the VHLM to develop before your career clock technically even begins. There will be a prospect game, and I'd also suggest getting to know some VHLM GMs and other members in the meantime.

I don't even know what draft I am in. I do suggest whomever sends out welcome messages better prepare new players for the league. Little part about WHEN I created that seems kinda outdated then goes into the TPE explanation. Being someone familiar with sims, didn't need that much at all. I mainly need information about when things happen. What happens. What league will I enter, will GM's contact me? Do I contact people? Will I be sitting for 3 weeks before playing? Should I expect any playing time? More league specific stuff than here are your TPE options.

• Admin

I have no idea where people got the notion I was talking about the VHL draft. Sunday is late for the VHLM draft and probably will be earlier but if this was all because you misread, fml.

The league's in a bit of limbo for a draftee right now. S36 just ended, so we're in the off-season and getting ready for S37. You joined at a great time, as you've guaranteed you will get a full season in the VHLM to develop before your career clock technically even begins. There will be a prospect game, and I'd also suggest getting to know some VHLM GMs and other members in the meantime.

I am pretty sure I know a good bit of the members here. Though I know very little about how a sim would work for Hockey (know decent amount about Hockey in general despite being from South Louisiana in the US, where we have no hockey. As far as GM's. I can't tell what is what for the VHLM when it comes to team wise.

• Admin

I am pretty sure I know a good bit of the members here. Though I know very little about how a sim would work for Hockey (know decent amount about Hockey in general despite being from South Louisiana in the US, where we have no hockey. As far as GM's. I can't tell what is what for the VHLM when it comes to team wise.

Have you checked VHLM Teams forum? That has all the team info + GMs.

Sure, I see my unassigned draftee page in there. Also noticed I know a few of the GMs from other leagues but... wasn't sure the protocol around here. I could whore myself out to each GM.. but then they'd be pissed when they found out I was messaging around. Or I could just wait like I have been. See where I get drafted and just hope I get PT there. 

Bern Royals GM here, lol

I don't even know what draft I am in. I do suggest whomever sends out welcome messages better prepare new players for the league. Little part about WHEN I created that seems kinda outdated then goes into the TPE explanation. Being someone familiar with sims, didn't need that much at all. I mainly need information about when things happen. What happens. What league will I enter, will GM's contact me? Do I contact people? Will I be sitting for 3 weeks before playing? Should I expect any playing time? More league specific stuff than here are your TPE options.

1. You will be in the VHLM (Victory Hockey League Minors)

2. GM's will contact you hopefully from here on out until the VHLM Dispersal Draft (This Sunday)

3. You can contact as many GM's as possible if you would like.

4. You will be sitting for about 2 weeks max, but in the mean time can do tasks to get better.

5. You should expect top 6 minutes as a forward or top 4 minutes as a defenseman.

Sure, I see my unassigned draftee page in there. Also noticed I know a few of the GMs from other leagues but... wasn't sure the protocol around here. I could whore myself out to each GM.. but then they'd be pissed when they found out I was messaging around. Or I could just wait like I have been. See where I get drafted and just hope I get PT there. 

Whore yourself out honestly, no GM will care if you do that. But just know only one team will drat you anyway 

Absolutely nothing.

Other than, you know, establishing America, preserving the Union and defeating the Axis. Other than that, nothin'.

Guest Svoboda_3

If you have any questions, you are certainly free to PM, or IM me on chat and I will do everything I can to fill you in or go find the answers for you.

On a different note, I think a mentorship program should be designed for some of us experienced members to take a new member and guide and motivate them through at least their first season in the VHLM to get them accustomed to the VHL, how things are ran and the various ways to get involved. I think that would be a cool idea and I'd love the chance to help someone out.

If you have any questions, you are certainly free to PM, or IM me on chat and I will do everything I can to fill you in or go find the answers for you.

On a different note, I think a mentorship program should be designed for some of us experienced members to take a new member and guide and motivate them through at least their first season in the VHLM to get them accustomed to the VHL, how things are ran and the various ways to get involved. I think that would be a cool idea and I'd love the chance to help someone out.

yes

Not saying this is a bad idea, but aren't VHLM GMs supposed to do this anyway? I really only see this being a problem in cases like Coach D where you join in between the playoffs and the end of the off-season.

Not saying this is a bad idea, but aren't VHLM GMs supposed to do this anyway? I really only see this being a problem in cases like Coach D where you join in between the playoffs and the end of the off-season.

Yeah. I really don't know what I am a part of and not still. Really discouraging to join and have nothing for a week already.

Yeah. I really don't know what I am a part of and not still. Really discouraging to join and have nothing for a week already.

I agree it can be, there isn't much we can do about that one week because of where it sits. You are still able to do PT and such. Keep in mind someone like myself is doing nothing but PT's while I wait too.

Did you like your own post?   :o