S36 Off-Season Schedule

Victor

Quick suggestion, how about we leave training camp open all season so that semi-actives or inactives who return midway through the season don't get demotivated because they missed it? Might give those guys an incentive to stay active when they see that they have some points to spend upon their return.

Quick suggestion, how about we leave training camp open all season so that semi-actives or inactives who return midway through the season don't get demotivated because they missed it? Might give those guys an incentive to stay active when they see that they have some points to spend upon their return.

To twist the evidence, this might also give people an incentive to not be so active cause then they could just check on when ever in the season and claim TTC. 

To twist the evidence, this might also give people an incentive to not be so active cause then they could just check on when ever in the season and claim TTC. 

Well that seems fairly unlikely. Who in their right mind would voluntarily miss out on 10 TPE now just to get that same amount today at some point later in the season?

And even if we don't leave TC open all season, it should at least be open a little longer than just a few days. Draftees just have like 3 or 4 days this season to get their TC done, which is really tough especially for those that haven't been super active so far and still need to figure out how some things in this league work. Especially since they didn't have anything like training camp  in juniors, keep in mind that junior TC will be done this season for the first time.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

I think that Training Camps should be extended a little further than two days, especially when they land on the weekend..

More specifically because I know Maxy is outta town till Sunday #favoritism

I always remember Training Camp starting the day of the draft and going till the drop of the puck of the regular season.

• Admin

That's what it usually is I didn't move it when season start moved to Monday.

It started before draft this time too.

Don't like the change at all, it completely goes against the concept of training camp.

That's what it usually is I didn't move it when season start moved to Monday.

It started before draft this time too.

Don't like the change at all, it completely goes against the concept of training camp.

Training camp starting on Monday doesn't mean anything for the Draftees though, for them the TC started Thursday/Friday, once they had found their team. Now someone only needs to be away for a weekend, like Maxy from Helsinki, and they are already missing out on it.

And we prefer practibility over realism more often than not anyway it seems, so why does training camp of all things have to be "realistic" and so limited in time? Again, a training camp that is open longer, potentially all season, could be a great incentive for inactives/semi-actives to come back here. And all my draftees from the first two round as well as one of my 3rd rounders have already done TC if I remember correctyl, so I'm not arguing for that because it would benefit my team or anything.

Training camp starting on Monday doesn't mean anything for the Draftees though, for them the TC started Thursday/Friday, once they had found their team. Now someone only needs to be away for a weekend, like Maxy from Helsinki, and they are already missing out on it.

And we prefer practibility over realism more often than not anyway it seems, so why does training camp of all things have to be "realistic" and so limited in time? Again, a training camp that is open longer, potentially all season, could be a great incentive for inactives/semi-actives to come back here. And all my draftees from the first two round as well as one of my 3rd rounders have already done TC if I remember correctyl, so I'm not arguing for that because it would benefit my team or anything.

My only issue with this is then encouraging inactivity during the off season. Training Camp, Award Predictions all happen at set times in the off season and then close. While I don't believe everyone on the site is selfish, having set tasks that can only be performed during the off season keeps people coming on to see the rest of the stuff going on. Switching this would just encourage people to leave during the off season, specifically if they aren't in the running for awards or draft and just not care about anything until the season starts. While I agree that the training camp needs a bit more time I think there are other solutions than leaving it open during the entire season.

Having it run from the beginning of the off season or a day or two into it all the way until the beginning of the regular season I think is a smart idea. 

• Admin

Players created after the S36 VHLM Dispersal Draft, so ones picked up on waivers last season, don't panic, your player pages are temporarily here: http://vhlsim.invisionzone.com/index.php?/forum/194-unassigned-draftees/

Your update threads are temporarily here: http://vhlsim.invisionzone.com/index.php?/forum/84-unassigned-update-threads/

This is in preparation for the S37 VHLM Dispersal Draft. :cheers: