Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending June 26th

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, or 3 for 1 TPE)

To Claim: Click the "3 dots" in the top right of your post > share > copy link.

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. With draft day over, as a returning player: How do you feel about our new hot prospects that we picked up from the draft? OR As a new member of the Aces: How do you feel about getting picked by Vegas?

2. After a good draft day haul we're almost setup with a full 6F/4D/1G setup. How do you feel about our chances this season?

3. We have a weekly award called the "High Roller" which gives you a golden name and a crown in the LR for the week. It's awarded to the player who earned the most TPE each week. Who do you think will end up with the most High Roller Awards on our roster this season?

4. Our captain Juan Ceson aka. Captain Best Bot Ever already forged a relationship with Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2 in the ProAM this off-season. Do you think this connection will translate into on-ice chemistry?

5. With us going into this season with 4 "capped" or close to capped forwards we'll be running two on the first and two on the second line, with room for one rookie on each line. Who do you predict will stand out above the rest to battle it out for those two rookie spots?

6. This question was asked last season, but since we have a lot of new players now. It seems fitting to go again: What's your favorite NHL team and why?

1. Im ready for that back to back ;)

2. ez favorites

3. Im not to sure specifically but any of the first gen users will have the best shot

4. Bots are difficult so probably not

5. Im not sure since i am only really concerned with Dman since we are the superior folk

6. Da Blues since im from STL

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. With draft day over, as a returning player: How do you feel about our new hot prospects that we picked up from the draft? OR As a new member of the Aces: How do you feel about getting picked by Vegas?

2. After a good draft day haul we're almost setup with a full 6F/4D/1G setup. How do you feel about our chances this season?

3. We have a weekly award called the "High Roller" which gives you a golden name and a crown in the LR for the week. It's awarded to the player who earned the most TPE each week. Who do you think will end up with the most High Roller Awards on our roster this season?

4. Our captain Juan Ceson aka. Captain Best Bot Ever already forged a relationship with Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2 in the ProAM this off-season. Do you think this connection will translate into on-ice chemistry?

5. With us going into this season with 4 "capped" or close to capped forwards we'll be running two on the first and two on the second line, with room for one rookie on each line. Who do you predict will stand out above the rest to battle it out for those two rookie spots?

6. This question was asked last season, but since we have a lot of new players now. It seems fitting to go again: What's your favorite NHL team and why?

1. Finally my time to shine as the starting tender in net, I look forward to seeing how all the new and returning players do after the off season.

2. 2 Time Cup Holder in the making?

3. Not to boast but uh Cory?

4. I think it might, however it depends how they will mesh with the rest of the team.

5. This can easily change depends who is the most motivated.

6. Canucks, because why not hometown team.

16 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I feel pretty good getting pick by Vegas, I'm ready to get this season started.

2. I think are chances are as good as any other teams, but I do think we got what it takes.

3. I really don't know, but if I had to guess I will say Corey.

4. It very well could, but it also depends how the people around them as well.

5. I don't know, I guess It will depend on how active people are.

6. Edmonton  Oilers, Its my hometown team.

1) I am ecstatic to join Vegas, as it gives me an opportunity to develop into a good player, while being on a championship contending roster.

2) I’ve heard many say that we’re the favorites this year. I think we have to go prove that. 
3) No comment.

4) Maybe. I’m gonna have to teach him how to skate 😉. In all seriousness, I hope I build good chemistry with everyone on the team and I expect the same out of everyone else.

5) Depends.

6) Columbus. Team that’s the closest to me.

1. I am glad that Vegas was willing to take a gamble on me.

2. I'm confident in our teams abilities. I think we can go all the way.

3. Hopefully me, but I think we are all high rollers.

4. I believe any relationship off-ice will translate on-ice.

5. I hope I will, but if I am not the best fit than team success comes first.

6. Buffalo Sabres. They are my home town team and the fan base is one of the best in my opinion. Sabres fans will miss you RJ.

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending July 3rd

1. With our Captaincy vote drawing to a close this week: Who do you think will end up wearing the letters? Alternatively if the vote already finished when you answer this. How happy are you with our new leadership group?

2. We had a great turnout for the Press Conference last week, with all our active new draftees taking part in it. What's one question you would like to ask to your fellow players? (I'll try and add them to future pressers)

3. The season will be starting this week. How excited are you for the season?

4. What are some personal goals you have for your player this season? Doesn't matter if it's about training/development or performance on the ice or anything else that comes to mind.

5. Last season Cory Evans @orbit was our backup goalie and had a 21-0-0 record in the regular season as well as a 2-0-0 record in the playoffs. How long do you think he will be able to keep his unbeaten streak going?

6. We just had the first High Roller of the season crowned, as Cory just had an absolutely massive 28 TPE week due to claiming both his First Gen Bonus and Training Camp. Do you think anyone will earn more TPE than that in a week this season? (Hint: It's possible, but somewhat difficult)

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. With our Captaincy vote drawing to a close this week: Who do you think will end up wearing the letters? Alternatively if the vote already finished when you answer this. How happy are you with our new leadership group?

2. We had a great turnout for the Press Conference last week, with all our active new draftees taking part in it. What's one question you would like to ask to your fellow players? (I'll try and add them to future pressers)

4. What are some personal goals you have for your player this season? Doesn't matter if it's about training/development or performance on the ice or anything else that comes to mind.

5. Last season Cory Evans @orbit was our backup goalie and had a 21-0-0 record in the regular season as well as a 2-0-0 record in the playoffs. How long do you think he will be able to keep his unbeaten streak going?

6. We just had the first High Roller of the season crowned, as Cory just had an absolutely massive 28 TPE week due to claiming both his First Gen Bonus and Training Camp. Do you think anyone will earn more TPE than that in a week this season? (Hint: It's possible, but somewhat difficult)

1. I hope I get at least 1 since ill be one of the 'old guys'

2. how much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

3. Ready to go back to back

4. Get even more shot blocks than last season and drop the PIM some

5. Until he retires

6. Probably not since that 10 tpe is key to that win

8 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1) I am excited to hear about the leaders of the team headed into the season. I want to learn a lot from them.

2) As a two-way d man, what should I spend my points on?

3) Very excited. Our team is loaded with talent.

4) Personally, I want to win a championship in my first season. I would be happy with defenseman awards as well.

5)  Hopefully he can keep up that streak. It's a great feeling as a player to know that your goalie is consistent night in and night out, but we can't get too ahead of ourselves and slack off.

6) Hopefully someday.

16 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. As this is my first year with the team I don't know everyone really well but I think the players who will end up with letter with be Juan Ceson and Cory Evans.

2. Who do you think will lead the team in scoring?

3. I am very excited to get this season started.

4. Get over 100 tpe by the end of the season. Also win the Championship.

5.  I think he will keep his incredible play going throughout this season.

6. No, probably not.

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending July 10th

1. Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2is currently up there battling it out for the top TPE first gen player in the S85 draft class. How high do you think he can push in the draft rankings?

2. We're off to a very hot start, having only dropped one game for Halifax (probably because all their players named Bezos bribed us). Do you think we have a shot at improving on our 118 point season from S83? If so, how many points do you think we end up with?

3. We managed to pick up a new player, Mats Zuccarello @Battlepopcorn on waivers this week, and he just picked up his first points as an Ace. What words of welcome to you have for him?

4. Our Special Teams are on FIRE at the time of writing this, with over 29% PP and 92% BP. Those are some nutty numbers. What do you think is the secret behind our special teams domination?

5. Our Captain Juan Ceson just started up a Poke Checking school together with elite defeseman Jimmy MacElroy. What impact do you think this will have on the abilities of the Aces?

6. There are rumors that Juan Ceson aka. Captain Best Bot Ever sold some courses to the Mississauga bots, and that it's the reason for their bots randomly being amazing to start the season. How do you feel about these rumors? Do you think they are true?

On 7/4/2022 at 5:54 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2is currently up there battling it out for the top TPE first gen player in the S85 draft class. How high do you think he can push in the draft rankings?

2. We're off to a very hot start, having only dropped one game for Halifax (probably because all their players named Bezos bribed us). Do you think we have a shot at improving on our 118 point season from S83? If so, how many points do you think we end up with?

3. We managed to pick up a new player, Mats Zuccarello @Battlepopcorn on waivers this week, and he just picked up his first points as an Ace. What words of welcome to you have for him?

4. Our Special Teams are on FIRE at the time of writing this, with over 29% PP and 92% BP. Those are some nutty numbers. What do you think is the secret behind our special teams domination?

5. Our Captain Juan Ceson just started up a Poke Checking school together with elite defeseman Jimmy MacElroy. What impact do you think this will have on the abilities of the Aces?

6. There are rumors that Juan Ceson aka. Captain Best Bot Ever sold some courses to the Mississauga bots, and that it's the reason for their bots randomly being amazing to start the season. How do you feel about these rumors? Do you think they are true?

1) I think I can keep a good pace, it's just a matter as to how active everyone else going for that top stop.

2) I think we are on a good pace, but even the best teams fail sometimes. I think we'll do fine.

3) Welcome to the team! Have fun!

4) Lines. I think the chemistry is good within our lines and it helps us perform well.

5) Idk, Juan keeps claiming himself as "Top Tiddee" so I don't think he'll be better than me.

6) Yes. He's not the Top Tiddee

On 7/4/2022 at 4:54 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Keep up the pace and top 3 could be in the cards. GMs love tpe as much as the players!

2. I think it will be close. Well be over 100 points for sure but how close can we get to 118? not sure

3. Battle for that tpe and don't burn out

4. Me, I am the secret

5. Make myself and Juan rich and help the team as a side effect

6. Bots gotta help bots. They will falter sooner rather than later so no worries

On 7/4/2022 at 3:54 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I think he can push for the top spot in the rankings.

2. I think we defiantly have a very good chance of getting more then 118 points. 

3. Welcome to the team.

4. We are working as a team and want to succeed as a team.

5. I think it will help us succeed more on defense.

6. I don't think Juan Ceson would do that, or would he....

On 7/4/2022 at 2:54 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

As high as he possibly can after all everything is up to the players themselfs.

ez, im in net, ofc we finna win. ofc I lost my win streak, but heyyy we keep pushing and I promise this is the year vegas sets records.

youll wanna stay, but u cant because u have to move up 🙄🙄

the goaltender naw just kidding, the players are good, they mesh together when stuff gets working thats when the numbers go up.

watch them lose attention for the aces, drop out of the VHL and run the school full time. just kidding ofc. but maybe some aces will take the course and the defense go up and up.

traitor 🙄

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending July 17th

1. Al Land @Big Dee is currently on a 16 game point scoring streak, how long do you think he will be able to make it last?

2. We're now getting a fair bit into the season, how have you been enjoying S84 so far?

3. VHLs birthday is coming up shortly, and with it usually some opportunities for big TPE. Are you looking forward to getting that nice boost toy our player?

4. Vegas brought in Juan Ceson's best friend the ice skating pony, Zampony, this season for his outstanding LR presence. What's been your favorite Zampony moment?

5. How have you been liking the stat breakdowns I do after sims so far? Something I don't focus enough on, or something I focus too much on? Any feedback is appreciated.

6. Cory Evans @orbit is currently dominating the goalie leaderboards. How much does it help your confidence on the ice, knowing that you can trust him to make timely saves in the crease?

58 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Al Land @Big Dee is currently on a 16 game point scoring streak, how long do you think he will be able to make it last?

2. We're now getting a fair bit into the season, how have you been enjoying S84 so far?

3. VHLs birthday is coming up shortly, and with it usually some opportunities for big TPE. Are you looking forward to getting that nice boost toy our player?

4. Vegas brought in Juan Ceson's best friend the ice skating pony, Zampony, this season for his outstanding LR presence. What's been your favorite Zampony moment?

5. How have you been liking the stat breakdowns I do after sims so far? Something I don't focus enough on, or something I focus too much on? Any feedback is appreciated.

6. Cory Evans @orbit is currently dominating the goalie leaderboards. How much does it help your confidence on the ice, knowing that you can trust him to make timely saves in the crease?

1) I think he'll continue his stretch. However long it will be for idk.

2) I enjoy it a lot. I look forward to the rest of it.

3) Yes. I need it.

4) Great. He helps me in the showers.

5) Yes I like it. It shows how our team progresses and the results from our TPE spending.

6) It improves on our team's chances and it helps if I make a mistake on D.

11 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I think he will continue his streak for a long time.

2. Yes I have enjoyed the season so far.

3. Heck ya.

4. The motivation he brings to are team each and every night.

5. I have been liking them a lot. Going on what TopTiddee2 said, it shows how are tpe sending affects are players in the sim.

6. It improves are chances of winning games and staying as a top team in the league.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:04 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. He can go another 4 games to make it an even 20

2. Im playing better than expected

3. Love tpe more than anything

4. Im not too sure. Im usually skimming through the lr

5. Theyre the best. No need to do any more detail so you dont lose your mind

6. I meannnn if it wasnt for me being a unit in our zone to stop high chance shots...... jk I love our goalies. My game is dedicated to them

On 7/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1) Well I am not fond of him unfortunately but perhaps he can continue a couple more games.

2) Oh it's been great, I have had a great time for the amount of time I have been here.

3) Sure thing, but only if the cake is chocolate flavoured otherwise nah.

4) No offense but I don't even know Mr. Zampony.

5) I have no idea to be honest.

6) Well if we have the best goalie in the league then yeah it's great.

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending July 24th

1. We just had some reinforcements arrive in the form of physical defensemen Grigoris Polyhronidis Jr @GP18 and Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr @AdamEss. How excited are you for their impact on our already league leading defense?

2. This week is Theme Week and the VHLs birthday. Are you going to take part in the festivities to get some of that huge uncapped TPE boost? (If you need any help with how to do so, just DM me)

3. We're still sitting at 1st and going well, despite most the teams behind us trading away their futures to try and match us. Do you think our quality is enough to hold on against this onslaught?

4. Juan Ceson has been reported as saying he might retire at the end of the season. How sad would you be to see our beloved Captain hang up the skates?

5. We now have three players whose name ends in "Jr" on the team. Who do you think will be the top Jr at the end of the season? (Using whichever metric you choose to define "top")

6. If you play sports yourself, what is your favorite moment you've had while playing? If not, what's the favorite moment in sports that you've watched?

43 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. We just had some reinforcements arrive in the form of physical defensemen Grigoris Polyhronidis Jr @GP18 and Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr @AdamEss. How excited are you for their impact on our already league leading defense?

2. This week is Theme Week and the VHLs birthday. Are you going to take part in the festivities to get some of that huge uncapped TPE boost? (If you need any help with how to do so, just DM me)

3. We're still sitting at 1st and going well, despite most the teams behind us trading away their futures to try and match us. Do you think our quality is enough to hold on against this onslaught?

4. Juan Ceson has been reported as saying he might retire at the end of the season. How sad would you be to see our beloved Captain hang up the skates?

5. We now have three players whose name ends in "Jr" on the team. Who do you think will be the top Jr at the end of the season? (Using whichever metric you choose to define "top")

6. If you play sports yourself, what is your favorite moment you've had while playing? If not, what's the favorite moment in sports that you've watched?

1) I'm excited to see what they can contribute to the team. Hopefully for the better.

2) Yes, I hope to see an increase in TPE so I can spend some more on OV and start building up the DC.

3) Yes, I think that we can hold our own.

4) Good. There can only be one TopTiddee.

5) Idk their stats enough. One of them will.

6) Traveling to different states to play. Tourneys are always fun.

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1) I am really excited to be here and I will try my best to help the team out on the ice. I believe Womp will also be a great addition for us so generally speaking I think we will shake things up.

2) 100%.

3) I hope so but I am not really sure to be honest.

4) Well I unfortunately haven't had much experience with him but it's still sad to see a legend go nonetheless.

5) I am not sure I hope I can be the one but at the end of the day we are a team so I'd be happy whoever might be the most successful.

6) Just the feeling of going on to play the game and have fun out there.

12 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I am very excited to see how they will impacted us on defense and hopefully they will make us better.

2. I will try.

3. 100% it is.

4. I don't really know, I guess I will know how I feel when/if the time comes.

5. I think we are all pretty good and do things better/worst then each other. At the end of the day the team is more important.

6. Winning is always fun. Also playing in those big games with medals or advancing to the next round on the line

15 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Defense wins cups! Always happy to have more dman frends

2. Ill try and get as much tpe this week since its a special week

3. I think well finish first still but the playoffs will be harder this season than last

4. Why he retiring. Seems sus if you ask me

5. Itll be a three way tie for best since theyre all the best 

6. I did play sports but david freese game 6 triple in the world series is the highlight of my life