Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending May 1st

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

To Claim: Click the "3 dots" in the top right of your post > share > copy link.

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. We're off to an incredible start, what do you feel has been the key to our early success?

2. I've been doing the stats breakdowns in the private LR. So I'd like to get some feedback on it. Do you think there's something I haven't highlighted enough in them, or something I've focused on too much? If so, what?

3. When i do the above mentioned stat breakdowns I will tag all the mentioned people, I know some people dislike being Discord pinged. So the question is: Would you like me to continue pinging you when mentioned for your player's performance, or would you prefer if I just wrote your player's name instead?

4. Our captains were announced to start the season, with Juan Ceson winning the vote by a landslide. How do you feel about our gritty, but charming, captain?

5. James Kagelberg@MatiasMawho we picked in the 4th round of the draft is currently one of the most productive players in the entire league, do you feel like he might be the biggest steal of this VHLM draft? If not, who do you think might give him a challenge for that title?

6. While being home sick I decided to binge watch Vancouver Canucks game recaps to catch up on some NHL action. Do you have any team(s) that you follow in the NHL?

Edited by Shindigs

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. We're off to an incredible start, what do you feel has been the key to our early success?

2. I've been doing the stats breakdowns in the private LR. So I'd like to get some feedback on it. Do you think there's something I haven't highlighted enough in them, or something I've focused on too much? If so, what?

3. When i do the above mentioned stat breakdowns I will tag all the mentioned people, I know some people dislike being Discord pinged. So the question is: Would you like me to continue pinging you when mentioned for your player's performance, or would you prefer if I just wrote your player's name instead?

4. Our captains were announced to start the season, with Juan Ceson winning the vote by a landslide. How do you feel about our gritty, but charming, captain?

5. James Kagelberg@MatiasMawho we picked in the 4th round of the draft is currently one of the most productive players in the entire league, do you feel like he might be the biggest steal of this VHLM draft? If not, who do you think might give him a challenge for that title?

6. While being home sick I decided to binge watch Vancouver Canucks game recaps to catch up on some NHL action. Do you have any team(s) that you follow in the NHL?

1. We’re off to a great start being with one shoot out loss and 7 wins. I’d like to point out how well the net has been defended by our stud goalies. We also have great scoring from our wings and good defense being played.

2. I think these stat breakdowns have been great and the highlighted stats are good for now.

3. I am fine with being pinged

4. We all know Juan. He’s smart, gritty, amazing leader, and just an outstanding player.

5. As James is with the us that makes him automatically the biggest steal no question.

6. I follow the Lightning and like two of there young guys Ross Colton and Call Foote the latter not get as much action.

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. We're off to an incredible start, what do you feel has been the key to our early success? Team-work. As I said, when the chemistry is clicking this team is one of the best in the league. 

2. I've been doing the stats breakdowns in the private LR. So I'd like to get some feedback on it. Do you think there's something I haven't highlighted enough in them, or something I've focused on too much? If so, what? I hope they're nice stats breakdowns but I trust you anyway. I can't check the locker room without permission. 

3. When I do the above-mentioned stat breakdowns I will tag all the mentioned people, I know some people dislike being Discord pinged. So the question is: Would you like me to continue pinging you when mentioned your player's performance, or would you prefer if I just wrote your player's name instead? I'd prefer it if you pinged me. I just liked to be aware that I'm mentioned in an article.

4. Our captains were announced to start the season, with Juan Clemson winning the vote by a landslide. How do you feel about our gritty, but charming, captain? Juan Clemson is an incredible person. I voted him to be captain because not only is he active, but he shows those qualities and sparks of leadership. 

5. James Kagelberg@MatiasMawho we picked in the 4th round of the draft is currently one of the most productive players in the entire league, do you feel like he might be the biggest steal of this VHLM draft? If not, who do you think might give him a challenge for that title? He's most definitely the biggest steal of the VHLM Draft. I was even surprised he got drafted in the 4th round. 

6. While being homesick I decided to binge-watch Vancouver Canucks game recaps to catch up on some NHL action. Do you have any team(s) that you follow in the NHL? I follow the Rangers but the NBA Playoffs are more exciting. 

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I think that our deep and talented roster is what's getting us wins. Most of the time we simply outscore some teams. Other games comes from clutch plays or great goaltending. It's like all aspects of the roster is contributing some way.

2. I think it's really cool, I wouldn't change it. I think it's unique to Vegas so I like the format now.

3. Ping me please. I want to be praised.

4. He's mid.

5. Anything in the 4th round is a steal in my books. From personal experience that's the best round to find hidden gems. So yeah, I'd say he's the biggest steal.

6. I follow the Jets and Kraken. One has given me nothing but pain, while the other has hope.

1. I think the key is, we have an amazing group of player with lots of talents, and a very diverse of individual skill sets.

2. I love the stats breakdown, Its a good way to update everyone and see how everyone is performing.

3. I would like to be pinged still

4. Juan is an awesome guy, I'm in his fan club and encourage others to do so

5. James is a fantastic player for us this season, he's one of the younger guys, I think he's learning allot from the vets, and will only get better as the season progresses 

6. I follow the Calgary Flames, Been a fan my whole life 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:15 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Our guys have been putting up really good +/- lately, so we've been very good in that department.

2. I think you evenly show everyone's really good stats.

3. I don't mind getting ping so you can continue to do so if you wish.

4. I don't spend too much time on the team server, but he seems like a very active, social person.

5. Kagelberg has been very good this season, he definitely is the steal of the draft to me.

6. I don't watch NHL games too much, but when I do I like to watch the Bruins play. 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:15 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I think our depth is what's carrying us. We have the ability to score at every position and we roll out line after line of elite players.

2. I love the breakdown.  It's a lot more in-depth than just the box scores which is appreciated.

3. I prefer the pings.  It's a good way for me to quickly see how my player did, especially if I'm on mobile and can't readily access the game links.

4. I would follow Ceson into battle. He is our fearless leader on the ice and I'm not sure we'd have the same level of success with someone else wearing the "C"

5. Easily the steal of the draft.  To be a 4th round pick and have the impact that he's had so far is remarkable.  Of course, that's why we drafted him!  We knew what kind of potential was there.

6. I somewhat adopted the Blackhawks because I went to a game in Chicago once and had a great time.  So we'll go with them.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:15 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. It just shows how strong we are all around. The entire team is stacked

2. Ive loved it. I think its amazing!

3. I am all for being ping'd

4. I love all my teammates equally and cant ever pick favorites so no comment.

5. Anyone who produces at a high rate is a steal. Adding a late round on it makes it even better

6. BLUEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Aces_Bar.png
Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending May 8th

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. With Fantasy having started up, both for the VHL and NHL playoffs, have you taken part in it? If so, have you like the questions? If not, why didn't you want to participate?

2. We're currently in a very difficult part of the schedule and have started to lose some games. What do you think will be the key to us getting back to our winning ways?

3. After a near miss with the ice in the Juan Ceson Center (our arena) mysteriously melting the night before our last game. We though we were in trouble, but the ice maintenance crew had everything ready in time for the game. What words of praise do you have for our unsung heroes that keep the arena in top condition for us?

4. @Futchjoined us right as the season started and has been earning at a very impressive rate (27 TPE last week including First Gen Bonus), netting him the High Roller award in only his 2nd week in the league. Who do you think will end up with the most High Roller awards by the end of the season?

5. With summer just around the corner, what summer activities do you look forward to the most?

6. Which sports, if any, do you follow besides hockey? Which would you consider your "main" sport?

5 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. With Fantasy having started up, both for the VHL and NHL playoffs, have you taken part in it? If so, have you like the questions? If not, why didn't you want to participate?

2. We're currently in a very difficult part of the schedule and have started to lose some games. What do you think will be the key to us getting back to our winning ways?

3. After a near miss with the ice in the Juan Ceson Center (our arena) mysteriously melting the night before our last game. We though we were in trouble, but the ice maintenance crew had everything ready in time for the game. What words of praise do you have for our unsung heroes that keep the arena in top condition for us?

4. @Futchjoined us right as the season started and has been earning at a very impressive rate (27 TPE last week including First Gen Bonus), netting him the High Roller award in only his 2nd week in the league. Who do you think will end up with the most High Roller awards by the end of the season?

5. With summer just around the corner, what summer activities do you look forward to the most?

6. Which sports, if any, do you follow besides hockey? Which would you consider your "main" sport?

1. I participated, the extra questions for the VHL we’re pretty good but I don’t like it when there’s Phoenix and the sensible option is to not pick them to win

2. Stick the puck in the net, give the puck to the big men, let them dominate, show character, etc.

3. They do good shit, but who let that be the name of the stadium and do I have powers to revoke it?

4. Probably Dogwood Maple, he’s very consistently high earning.

5. Golf, I’d would look forward to the World Cup usually as well but corrup…sorry other circumstances have moved that to Autumn

6. Football/Soccer is the main sport I follow, Golf is the main sport I play. Golf sim league incoming, who’s with me?

5 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I have participated and the questions just should not be asked because the Lighting are gonna three peat duh.

2. We’ll start winning again we were just letting teams win so we didn’t look stacked and op.

3. The ice crew is just so amazing and love it praise fat f and just make the ice top tier.

4. Im gonna do it because Rookie life’s matter and Im a dedicated player to my growth.

5. Playing sports and working out

6. Baseball, football, and kind of basketball. I would say baseball is my main sport because I'm so interested in it and I think I am pretty good.

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I took part in the NHL one but not VHL one. I just didnt see it tbh for the VHL

2. We dont really need to be worried about our record. Just wake me up when we get to the playoffs

3. Without them wed have no chance of winning at all. They the real G's

4. Def not me. Im averaging 10-12 per week but any of the new guys have a real shot at getting them most since they have extra task to do

5. Baseball!

6. lol Baseball is my main sport and hockey is my secondary. Its good they are basically in each others off season

1. Yes I have taken part in fantasy, I liked the questions, go flames go!

2. We shouldn't be worried at all, we've had amazing goaltending so far this year, we have allot of talent throughout the lineup, so I think we should be fine.

3. They do an amazing job of keeping the ice tip top shape for us. But we need to rename the arena 

4. Futch has been on a roll with the earning, I think him or dogwood maple take home the the most high roller awards.

5. I look forward to running, swimming , biking and baseball.

6. Don't really follow anything besides hockey, but if I had to choose another sport, it would be baseball.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:30 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. With Fantasy having started up, both for the VHL and NHL playoffs, have you taken part in it? If so, have you like the questions? If not, why didn't you want to participate? I have and I enjoy the questions. Carolina in 6. 

2. We're currently in a very difficult part of the schedule and have started to lose some games. What do you think will be the key to us getting back to our winning ways? Consistency, you're not losing to underperforming teams. It's mostly San Diego that's giving you a run for your money. Have to play team hockey. 

3. After a near miss with the ice in the Juan Ceson Center (our arena) mysteriously melting the night before our last game. We though we were in trouble, but the ice maintenance crew had everything ready in time for the game. What words of praise do you have for our unsung heroes that keep the arena in top condition for us? They should get an raise immediately. I wouldn't do it honestly. I don't get paid enough to do this. 

4. @Futchjoined us right as the season started and has been earning at a very impressive rate (27 TPE last week including First Gen Bonus), netting him the High Roller award in only his 2nd week in the league. Who do you think will end up with the most High Roller awards by the end of the season? Honestly, he could go all the way. I have to support my Las Vegas brethren so I'm going with Futch.  

5. With summer just around the corner, what summer activities do you look forward to the most? Just not having to wake up early for school again. I'd like to get out and play in the fields nevertheless. The weather should be nice. 

6. Which sports, if any, do you follow besides hockey? Which would you consider your "main" sport? Basketball or Soccer. Right now, I watch more basketball than soccer. 

Edited by xNJDevilsFanx
Didn't know you said activities.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:30 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I'm in both!  It's a great way to keep VHL and SHL interesting with me being down in VHLM right now. I'm able to watch with interest night in and night out.

2. I think we need to just stay calm.  If we start to panic, we'll let some of these mistakes compound and this thing could snowball out of control. Just stay the course.

3. It's straight up unbelievable what our maintenance and ice crew folks do.  We have the best rink in all of hockey and they recovered from that unfortunate melting incident faster than expected.

4. Futch has been awesome!  It wouldn't surprise me to see him take home more of those awards and end up leading the team.

5. Mostly just spending time outside!  Hiking, going on walks, just enjoying nature!

6. I'm a huge college football fan and would definitely consider that my main sport that I follow. Go Dawgs!

Aces_Bar.png
Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending May 15th

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. @dogwoodmapleand James Kagelberg @MatiasMa look like they will be battling it out for the internal Las Vegas Scoring Title, who do you think wil end up on top?

2. The VHLM is a learning experience, what's the biggest thing you've learned from it this season? What's something you'd like to learn more about?

3. We just passed the mid season mark and at the time of writing sit in 2nd place with 5 game Win streak, are you starting to feel that playoff hype yet?

4. For some of you it's your draft season. For others it's your final VHLM season, how do you feel about your future in the league? Any questions or uncertainties about it?

5. We've been pretty much dominating the +/- charts just about the entire season, despite not having the best Goal Differential for most of it, what do you think is the secret behind our stable two-way game?

6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of sports, if so what are they?

8 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. @dogwoodmapleand James Kagelberg @MatiasMa look like they will be battling it out for the internal Las Vegas Scoring Title, who do you think wil end up on top?

2. The VHLM is a learning experience, what's the biggest thing you've learned from it this season? What's something you'd like to learn more about?

3. We just passed the mid season mark and at the time of writing sit in 2nd place with 5 game Win streak, are you starting to feel that playoff hype yet?

4. For some of you it's your draft season. For others it's your final VHLM season, how do you feel about your future in the league? Any questions or uncertainties about it?

5. We've been pretty much dominating the +/- charts just about the entire season, despite not having the best Goal Differential for most of it, what do you think is the secret behind our stable two-way game?

1. I'm going with James Kagelberg to take home the title.  He's been on a tear lately and has been one of the best players in the entire league.  Fantastic season for a great player.

2. Main thing I've learned is to not get too up or too down about any particular week.  You have stretches of games where you overperform, stretches where you underperform, and stretches where you're somewhere in the middle. Just have to keep at it and not worry about a bad game or two.

3. I could not be more excited for the postseason. I think we could do some real damage in the playoffs.

4. I'm nervously excited. I have loved my time in Vegas and I honestly think it was the best possible landing spot for me.  It'll be a sad day when I walk out of the arena for the last time, but hopefully I can help bring a championship to our wonderful fans.

5. I think it's all about how balanced our roster is.  We have a handful of players who would be unquestioned stars on other rosters, but we have the depth and teamwork that results in some impressive splits.

6. I'm an avid reader! 

9 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I think dogwood will pull it out because he’s just been so good this season

2. Biggest thing I have learned is how to better split my points and earn them

3. I feel like we’ll take 1st and our fans just always make it feel like a playoff

4. I don’t know how high I will be able to be drafted, I just want to win and help bring a chip to Vegas

5. We just have strong defense next to an amazing goalie and we know how to score

6. Video games, working out and hanging with friends

1. Personally I think Juan will take the scoring, he's been an amazing leader on and off the ice.

2. I've learned how too earn more tpe consistently this season. 

3. Yeah I'm starting to feel the playoffs creep closer, but don't wanna get to ahead of ourselves, anything can happen and we still have a big block of games to go

4. As it's my final season here, I cherish every game with my awesome teammates, it's been a great 2 seasons here in Vegas and I look forward to what the future holds

5. Our defence has been so good with the puck, making perfect passes almost all season, they are able to create and easy breakout for everyone.

6. Definitely video games!

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending May 22nd

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. We just came of a perfect double shutout sim. How impressed are you with our goalies' performances this season?

2. After shuffling the lines a bit @LanerDUSTis now on a 5 game scoring streak (league 2nd). How long do you think he will be able to keep the streak going, now that I've jinxed it?

3. Juan Ceson, leader of men and bots alike was recently found cursing at one of his "beloved bots". Do you think this is a sign that the Vegas mindset of bot bashing has rubbed off on him? 

4. For those of you who are still undrafted in the E and on pace to spend the next season there; Do you have any teams you'd like to play for? Any you'd rather not play for, if so why? (Can't remember if I already asked this as some point😅)

5. We're currently in that kind of quiet portion of the season where a lot of players find it hard to stay focused on the training. What's something your player is doing to keep their head in the game?

6. Have you tried doing VHL trivia for TPE? Some love it, others not so much. But aside from press conferences it's one of the quicker and easier ways to get another couple TPE a week. If you do try it and get a question you don't know how to answer. We have the #trivia-help channel in Discord, as well as this very helpful article by Mubbles

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. We just came of a perfect double shutout sim. How impressed are you with our goalies' performances this season?

2. After shuffling the lines a bit @LanerDUSTis now on a 5 game scoring streak (league 2nd). How long do you think he will be able to keep the streak going, now that I've jinxed it?

3. Juan Ceson, leader of men and bots alike was recently found cursing at one of his "beloved bots". Do you think this is a sign that the Vegas mindset of bot bashing has rubbed off on him? 

4. For those of you who are still undrafted in the E and on pace to spend the next season there; Do you have any teams you'd like to play for? Any you'd rather not play for, if so why? (Can't remember if I already asked this as some point😅)

5. We're currently in that kind of quiet portion of the season where a lot of players find it hard to stay focused on the training. What's something your player is doing to keep their head in the game?

6. Have you tried doing VHL trivia for TPE? Some love it, others not so much. But aside from press conferences it's one of the quicker and easier ways to get another couple TPE a week. If you do try it and get a question you don't know how to answer. We have the #trivia-help channel in Discord, as well as this very helpful article by Mubbles

1. Pretty good our goalies always lock down the fort.

2. I think you just jinxed him but if you didn’t about 3 more games

3. No I think the bot disrespected him.

4. No idea don’t know many other teams.

5. My guy likes to but on the headset and get in the zone.

6. Yeah but I just guess because I’m knew to the game.

16 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. We just came of a perfect double shutout sim. How impressed are you with our goalies' performances this season? The consistency in this team has been phenomenal. The goalies don't get credit when it's deserved but I'll give it to them. They are the #1 reason why this team has the record it has in the league. 

2. After shuffling the lines a bit @LanerDUSTis now on a 5 game scoring streak (league 2nd). How long do you think he will be able to keep the streak going, now that I've jinxed it? I think three more games and it will eventually end. I haven't seen a player with a 10-game scoring streak in the past few seasons. 

3. Juan Cenon, leader of men and bots alike was recently found cursing at one of his "beloved bots". Do you think this is a sign that the Vegas mindset of bot bashing has rubbed off on him? I believe that in the heat of the moment, frustration can take over. He'll get over it and apologize. 

4. For those of you who are still undrafted in the E and on pace to spend the next season there; Do you have any teams you'd like to play for? Any you'd rather not play for, if so why? (Can't remember if I already asked this as some point😅I have a suggestion for those players who are undrafted. You should try to play for the Stockholm Vikings. You won't regret your decision.

5. We're currently in that kind of quiet portion of the season where a lot of players find it hard to stay focused on the training. What's something your player is doing to keep their head in the game? I listen to music mixtapes and watch some highlights of other players going into the same situation as I am. I want to know how they keep their composure and concentrate. If they can do that, so can I. 

6. Have you tried doing VHL trivia for TPE? Some love it, others not so much. But aside from press conferences it's one of the quicker and easier ways to get another couple TPE a week. If you do try it and get a question you don't know how to answer. We have the #trivia-help channel in Discord, as well as this very helpful article by BubblesVHL Trivia is one of the easiest ways to earn two points, especially when you have someone to guide you. You just need to get used to the trivia questions to find the answers. Sometimes it's frustrating but it's worth it. 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:17 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1.our goalies are cracked, im not surpised at all.

2.imma guess 7 more games cuz why not

3.i didn't know this was a thing, but yeah, fuck bots

4.i'd like to play for miami again ig maybe back here i dont really care.

5.illegal black market supplements

6.ive never done it so idk, i cant remember if that was a thing when i was here last

On 5/16/2022 at 6:17 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. I can't even begin to explain how incredible our goalies have been.  They always pick us up when the forwards aren't scoring and keep us in every single game.  Just a fantastic job all season. 

2. I'm predicting a 10 game streak! 

3. I can only hope so. It's time to snuff out the bots once and for all

4. I don't really know much about the E league, but I'm definitely curious to see how the picks shake out.

5. I just remind myself that I can only control what I can control. I try to work hard every single day and just focus on that.

6. I absolutely love trivia. There was one week where the question was something like "who scored the third goal on the second Tuesday of February 19 seasons ago" that I couldn't find, but other than that it's been great.

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending May 29th

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Cory just finished his last game of the regular season, ending it with a 21-0-0 record. I honestly don't know it that's a record, but I imagine it is. If so, do you think anyone will beat it anytime soon?

2. @LanerDUST and @MatiasMaare currently both sitting on 31 goals to lead the Vegas, who do you think will end up on top at the end of the season and why?

3. After having @dogwoodmaple end up with back to back High Roller awards (most TPE earned). @Pisco our newest teammate just put up a 25 TPE week to claim it. How psyched are you to have a new high earning member on Defense? Alternatively for Pisco, how do you feel about picking up the award in your first week back?

4. After his outburst in the LR against Mega Piece of Shit's evil twin MEE6. Juan Ceson/Best Bot Ever is no longer getting his practice reminders from MEE6. Do you think this is a sign of a schism in the bot ranks?

5. If you had to create a VHLM Award, what would it be called and what would it be awarded for?

6. We're currently pretty close to being able to call the entire top 10 +/- leaderboard in the league our own. Do you think we'll be able to get all 10 to be ours by the end of the season?