Cologne Express GM Change

First off, I'd like to congratulate HC Davos Dynamo on an impressive season and being able to add to their storied trophy cabinet. Getting down to the fine details, I have decided to step aside and Romanes will be the head honcho in Cologne for now on. I made a lot of moves with my time in Cologne and some worked, but many backfired. Was never able to add anything through free agency which ultimately was more of a broken promises thing and it taught me a lesson. To all who graduated onwards from Cologne, I hope you enjoyed your time here developing your player. I put a lot of effort in and can say I was one of the most active GM's when it came to trying to get the best out of my players. Ultimately that sort of came back to bite me and cause more headaches than anything. I wish Romanes the best of luck and the league the best of luck too. The last two seasons have been difficult for me to find motivation as I find for me the league has gone one step forward and two steps back, but that's just my opinion.

Started an expansion franchise basically from scraps. To any GM who thinks the job should've been easier than I let on, I urge you to have tried it in this league before judging. You basically start from scratch with no expiring contracts or veteran players to trade off. So it's not really a proper rebuild as technically you have to suffer for a few seasons before even building up assets. I'll be completely honest, I heard countless times the "I would play in Cologne if I was a FA" line and after those guys hit Free Agency without signing here, that just became more of an insult than a compliment. The assets are there now and Romanes will continue to plug away at it. Good luck to him and good luck everyone!

:col:

Guest Svoboda_3

Kendrick is awesome and I would have definitely played for that team and for Kendrick any day. However, Kendrick got a bad shake of things, so hopefully the new guy will have more success.

Edited by Svoboda_3

Thank you for everything you did for this Franchise Kendrick, it was an honor playing with and for you and it sucks to see you go without the success you deserve. You made my stay on this team very enjoyable and I'm really thankful that you are giving me this chance now :)

Best of luck in your future endeavors, I hope the VHL doesn't lose you entirely!

I know I had wanted Cologne to be one of the places I ended up as a draftee, as a second option to wherever Cowboy's Olsen went. But I went inactive, so you didn't miss much :P

Still a league member that I respect and tend to ask when I have questions, always helpful. I think those are good GM qualities, so I imagine playing for you was the same.

Good work, Kendrick. Good luck, Collier!

Just because Cologne didn't win a cup doesn't mean this was a failure of a run. A lot of good things came out of your GM run - I hope the step back out of the role gets you back into the mindset to have fun with the league again.

why are you complaining when you knew what you were signing up for?  Like I don't get it you knew you would have no assets and you're like it's so hard guys.  We know it's hard and you knew it was hard before you started or at least you should have.  Like these other teams legit had a 25 season jump on you did you expect to come in and it be easy?

congrats to romanes you were a great gm whatever whatever whatever everybody else already said and no one likes victor

why are you complaining when you knew what you were signing up for?  Like I don't get it you knew you would have no assets and you're like it's so hard guys.  We know it's hard and you knew it was hard before you started or at least you should have.  Like these other teams legit had a 25 season jump on you did you expect to come in and it be easy?

congrats to romanes you were a great gm whatever whatever whatever everybody else already said and no one likes victor

I don't think you understand what I was saying. I also think you've lost grip on reality. I never said it was going to be easy. I said some people told me it was going to be easy, and I'm shooting that notion down. I think you need to read more. I digress though as this wasn't started to create a bitchfest, especially with an inactive.

I don't think you understand what I was saying. I also think you've lost grip on reality. I never said it was going to be easy. I said some people told me it was going to be easy, and I'm shooting that notion down. I think you need to read more. I digress though as this wasn't started to create a bitchfest, especially with an inactive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring#Logical_fallacy

y do u always do dis kendrick?  I read the whole thing, and I'm pretty good at reading, but let us recap.

"Was never able to add anything through free agency which ultimately was more of a broken promises thing and it taught me a lesson. "

Hmmm that sounds like complaining to me, but one must wonder, if this problem oft repeated was there not perhaps an underlying cause?  Sure maybe two or even three times could be a coincidence but more than that there is a reason they aren't signing with your team.

"I put a lot of effort in and can say I was one of the most active GM's when it came to trying to get the best out of my players. Ultimately that sort of came back to bite me and cause more headaches than anything."

Oh wait, maybe this is why nobody wanted to go to your team.  Hmm I'm not sure, I was on your team for a very brief time and had no issues with you until you traded with no explanation after you made me beg for a limited no trade clause.  That's not related staying focused, we can't rule out that this may have been the reason no one wanted to sign in Cologne.

"The last two seasons have been difficult for me to find motivation as I find for me the league has gone one step forward and two steps back, but that's just my opinion."

Ah yes, the classic masked shot at the league.  How dare this league do things I disagree with, for shame.  Is this a direct shot at Victor?  Most likely, but we can't be sure so we won't make that assumption, but I would never recommend bashing people in an exit speech.

"To any GM who thinks the job should've been easier than I let on, I urge you to have tried it in this league before judging."

Oh yes, an expansion franchise is hard Kendrick.  One can see that from a mile away.  Why don't you tell us more about how it's so hard for you in a GM job you wanted.

"You basically start from scratch with no expiring contracts or veteran players to trade off. So it's not really a proper rebuild as technically you have to suffer for a few seasons before even building up assets."

I think this is just stating fact but in context it is used as a complaint.

"I'll be completely honest, I heard countless times the "I would play in Cologne if I was a FA" line and after those guys hit Free Agency without signing here, that just became more of an insult than a compliment."

Oh more complaining about the free agency.  Wow multiple players said in an informal setting they would play for Cologne but when the time came they didn't?  Well maybe that was because they didn't fit in your team or like the direction you were going at the time, or we could even go back to the theory that they felt badgered by you and said this just to get you off their backs with no intention of ever following through with it.

"The assets are there now and Romanes will continue to plug away at it. Good luck to him and good luck everyone!"

Ah finally, something positive in this post.  Yes good luck to you Romanes, hopefully these people won't wrong you so much in free agency and these GMs won't put you down because clearly that is all they ever did to Kendrick.  Poor, poor Kendrick.  I'm really truly sorry that you couldn't write a positive exit speech, that you felt so wronged at the head of Cologne that you had to go out like this.  Because let's be honest, we are all only here to have fun, and I am truly sorry that you didn't have fun when you were GMing Cologne.  Hopefully a little less hard job will be better suited for you.  Hopefully a position where you get judged less will renew your faith in the league.  But alas, if it does not, and you do find yourself fleeting in and out of activity, I truly hope that no one ever attacks you for this, because this should not be a forum for elitism but a forum for us all to frolic and play together despite our varying levels of dedication to sim league excellence.  But I expect you won't read this, because I am just a mere inactive who logs in almost everyday and does a point task almost every week.  I miss weeks, sure, and I was inactive for a while, yes, but that hasn't been the case since January and yet you still use this argument in the most irrelevant of situations.  Dear Kendrick, though my grasp on reality may not always be as strong as that of some, but rest assured it is quite firm at the moment and trying to use that argument to lessen the validity of what I am saying is petty and I would like to imagine beneath an officer of the law so why do you do it again and again?  But no this is not what this thread should be about, so again I will wrap up my post with a good luck to Romanes, may you be more competent than your predecessor.

Meg - why are you bagging on him? He only said he regretted a couple FAs not signing with him.

i was asking him why he was complaining about it being so hard when he knew it was going to be hard.  That was it.  Then he was like I think you've lost touch with reality and I'm not talking to an inactive, oh and let's not forget you can't read.  I don't know about all of you guys but I don't particularly fancy people taking shots at me, especially when they have nothing to do with what is actually going on.  So, I talked about what he actually said in this post and what this thread was actually about instead of taking personal shots at him.  That's not bagging on him, that's a combination of defending yourself and talking about the OP.

i was asking him why he was complaining about it being so hard when he knew it was going to be hard.  That was it.  Then he was like I think you've lost touch with reality and I'm not talking to an inactive, oh and let's not forget you can't read.  I don't know about all of you guys but I don't particularly fancy people taking shots at me, especially when they have nothing to do with what is actually going on.  So, I talked about what he actually said in this post and what this thread was actually about instead of taking personal shots at him.  That's not bagging on him, that's a combination of defending yourself and talking about the OP.

Taking shots? You were inactive for how long? It is nearly impossible for you to gather all that went on when you weren't here. I was merely speaking about the stuff you claim you understood but weren't around to figure out. Taking it one step further you attacked me in a thorough lashing. I for one have differences with people here such as Victor, but never in my wildest adventures would I slander the guy personally for who he is. You however have gone and brought my profession into it to basically call me out on something you don't know? Okay Meg, I'm sure your multiple suspensions and ability to stay off your medication allows people to view your opinion heavily in all situations.