HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

3 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Ending 24/7

1. It's the VHL's 15th birthday! With that in mind, what is something that you remember when you were around 15??

2. We're currently 6 points behind Riga and 10th in the league overall, heading into the 2nd half of the season, what do you think needs to improve?

3. Circling back to the VHL and it's 15th birthday, what are some of the key contributors to the sim league's longevity? What makes it so special??

4. With NHL free agency underway, what are some of the more surprising signings this season? (Johnny Gaudreau excluded, we all were surprised with that).

5. What's your favorite summer time activity??

6. Is water moist??

1: That would've been 7 years ago now roughly. I think 2015 was the year Ray Narvaez Jr left Rooster Teeth. He's probably one of my favorite content creators, and it's great to see him succeed on his own.

2: I think a few more goals each game is all we need. I know my player has slowed down a bit and hopefully starts to pick up his slack and gets us back in the race.

3: I think a good part of the league is the community, I always try to get my players engaged on the teams discord because it's great to see them interact and have fun. Another contribution to it is how simple it is to update, it's why I never judge clickers because it may discourage them and I let them do tasks at their own pace.

4: I am a Toronto fan. I have been a fan of Calle Jarnkrok and Victor Mete for a while so I am happy with our signings. One of the most shocking things is Arizona doing nothing of not so far. They aren't going to have much fans left in a few seasons and should consider relocation...

5: It's been a while since I've gone swimming but It probably my favorite thing to do with friends during the summer. I remember going to the beach multiple times with my cousin each year back when I lived in my hometown. 

6: Good question. I know that water can't be wet because that would imply water is covered with a thin layer of water which wouldn't make sense... uh... I don't know what moist means so I'm going to say no. Water is fire now. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Masu Chan

6 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 24/7

1. It's the VHL's 15th birthday! With that in mind, what is something that you remember when you were around 15??

2. We're currently 6 points behind Riga and 10th in the league overall, heading into the 2nd half of the season, what do you think needs to improve?

3. Circling back to the VHL and it's 15th birthday, what are some of the key contributors to the sim league's longevity? What makes it so special??

4. With NHL free agency underway, what are some of the more surprising signings this season? (Johnny Gaudreau excluded, we all were surprised with that).

6. Is water moist??

1. Looking girls based solely on whether they liked Led Zeppelin.

2. TBH,I think it already did. We broke out of the early slump.

3. I think the flexibility of TPE earning here is a big appeal. Other PT leagues pigeonhole you into pretty specific things.

4. Toronto betting on Matt Murray was a real shocker.

5. We go as a family to food trucks, that's a good time.

6. water.gif

15 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 24/7

6. Is water moist??

1. The best thing I can remember when I was 15 years old was playing on the JV hockey team for my school. It was a pretty fun time even though we were absolutely horrible, I think we won like 3 games.

2. I honestly think the depth needs to step it up, especially myself. I've been playing awful and I need something to get going again, however the team is doing well, so that's good!

3. I haven't been around that long, but the community mainly keeps it going I think. I especially like the guys in the #riot-games channel, they're all super chill and we have a great time playing League of Legends.

4. As a Sabres fan, I'd have to say us signing Eric Comrie. I think it's a great signing for us and moving forward, he could be a solid goalie for us.

5. My favorite summer time activity is for sure swimming. My family has a pool and we are basically swimming in it everyday, it's super nice, especially when it's really hot out.

6. I would say yes, water is moist. The real question is, is water wet? ;)

On 7/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 24/7

6. Is water moist??

1. Covid started lmao, I had my 15th birthday with a bunch of industrial fans after my dishwasher spilled and friends came to say hi from my driveway.

2. This Donny Carter guy needs to pull his weight if I'm being honest.

3. All the management and commissioners and people running it have been so instrumental in making this a special place.

4. Well less signings and more Chicago just not resigning any young talent. That was pretty weird to me.

5. Just hanging with friends, anywhere is fine.

6. No. Water makes things wet, but it itself is not wet.

Week Ending 24/7

6. Is water moist??

1. Winning the state championship for hockey is what I remember from being 15

2. the bounces will go our way now and once the playoffs start anything can happen  

3. the longevity of the senior members of the league really builds a solid foundation 

4. Ottawa being as aggressive as they were

5. going to a friends pool or a lake house 

6. I believe it is so yes

Week Ending 24/7

6. Is water moist??

1. I remember turning 15 and being excited to be one year away from driving!
  2. Dynamite needs to work on his 200-ft game, for sure.
  3. I'd say the amount of dedicated people we have. The people ebb and flow, but the dedication stays.
  4. I haven't really kept up with it.
  5. Watching baseball!
  6. Indeed, it's the moistest moist.

Week Ending 31/7

1. We're now 2 points ahead of Riga and 10 points behind Helsinki, What do you think our chances are of catching Helsinki or will we be taking on Riga in the Wildcard?

2. Vinny Detroit @dasboot took home the All-Star Game MVP award, did you follow the All-Star Game festivities?

3. It was a quiet trade deadline from our side of things, what do you think of Riga trading for Jerome Reinhart?

4. What VHL team has been the biggest surprise this season?

5. Thoughts on the Matthew Tkatchuk trade to Florida?

6. Do you eat rice with a spoon, fork, or chopsticks?

1. We're now 2 points ahead of Riga and 10 points behind Helsinki, What do you think our chances are of catching Helsinki or will we be taking on Riga in the Wildcard?

We’ll be ahead of Helsinki and will upset the #1 seed.

2. Vinny Detroit @dasboot took home the All-Star Game MVP award, did you follow the All-Star Game festivities?

I had tickets to the game but sold them on stub hub for twice the price.  Congrats to Vinnie.  

3. It was a quiet trade deadline from our side of things, what do you think of Riga trading for Jerome Reinhart?

They are making a run but they didnt anticipate Davos coming on strong.

4. What VHL team has been the biggest surprise this season?

I wasnt expecting Warsaw to do as well as they are doing.

Big time trade but not sure its going to work out.  Bruins are going to make some moves soon.

I cant pick my nose with a chopstick.  I’ve always used a fork, except last night I grabbed a spoon by mistake and was too lazy to get a fork so I ate my rice with a spoon.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

2. Vinny Detroit @dasboot took home the All-Star Game MVP award, did you follow the All-Star Game festivities?

1. I think there is a very small chance that we could catch Helsinki, but most likely we are going to be taking on Riga in the wildcard game. The point gap I feel like is a bit too much to catch at this point in the season.

2. I didn't follow the All-Star Game festivities, but congrats to @dasboot for bringing home All-Star MVP!

3. I think it'll make their better for sure, but how much better I don't know. Realistically, it'll probably be able to make them contend with us, but I don't know if they can crack top three.

4. Us. I think we were expected to be a bottom of the pack team and we've ended up sneaking into a playoff spot. I expected us to honestly be fighting with London for the last playoff spot, but we have pulled ahead for the time being.

5. I feel like the trade was pretty one-sided for the Flames. They ended up getting Huberdeau, Weegar, a prospect, and a 1st for Tkachuk which to me seems like too much. Only time will tell.

6. I eat rice with a fork usually, but I've had it with chopsticks.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

1. We'll be facing Riga. Our inability to take Helsinki head to head has us too far back.

2. I did not.

3. They cannot stop us from crushing them in the wildcard.

4. The real surprise was the friends they made on the way.

5. If Calgary can extend those guys, they're going to look like geniuses. Genii?

6. F O R K

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

1. I think fate is wanting me to go up against my old team in the playoffs, how typical.

2. No I didn't but huge congrats to Vinny, not that I'm surprised, absolute beast of a player.

3. Man I really didn't pay attention. That's a huge trade and kind of worrying if I'm not going to lie.

4. Honestly, DC went way above my expectations, so I'd say them.

5. Insanity, super happy because Florida got worse and that makes the Bruins tough path to a playoff spot a bit easier, great for the Flames if both guys resign.

6. Fork, it's just what I've always used.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

1: I don't think we can overtake Helsinki this season, they have been doing pretty good all season long. I do think we'll be the wildcard team by the end of the season.

2: Unfortunately I didn't notice the All-Star game this season. I would like to follow them though I really enjoy those type of games.

3: Jerome is a star in this league. Having a veteran who consistently put up 100 point seasons in almost every season they played is a great pick up. Jerome will keep the wildcard race close.

4: It's been surprising seeing Vancouver so low on the standings. At the start of my VHL career they were a top team, I think they may have even won back to back cups a few seasons ago, so seeing them near the bottom is a surprise.

5: Calgary dominated that trade. Sure Florida got the younger star but Jonathan was the better point getter last season and they loaded up on assets as well. If they hit on that 1st round pick they would win that trade hands down, but it's gonna be around seven years until we know who truly won the trade.

6: Usually a fork. I'm kinda a savage and I have no clue how to use chopsticks. I only used chopsticks once and it was because my friends would instruct me how to use them. 

On 7/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

1. I think if we keep upping our pressure we can catch up!
  2. Congrats, Vinny! No, I did not.
  3. Seems like Reinhart loves to move around.
  4. Us, we were surprisingly underwhelming lol
  5. I thought Florida was going to win it all last season, and this only helps.
  6. I start with chopsticks, get tired of trying, then move to a fork.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, Alex said:

Week Ending 31/7

1. I’m pretty sure it’s confirmed we’re playing Riga at this point 

2. I saw the teams but that was about it

3. that’s a team trying to go for it, who knows if it’ll be enough 

4.us, a lot of people predicted we’d be a bottom feeder or a fringe playoff team so to be firmly in the playoffs is a huge step

5. As of now Calgary won the trade, only way Florida wins is if they win a few cups during the contract 

6. not a big fan of rice but I eat it with a spoon normally

We'll finish over Riga for sure. We'll take over.

Nope, afraid not.

No thoughts other than another Reinhart involved

Calgary being worse than I expected.

A massive trade, shaking the NHL. Superstars moving both ways. I love it! for both teams.

A fork or spoon, depends on what other food is on the plate

Week Ending 7/8

1. As of right now it looks as though we'll be taking on Riga in the wildcard round, how do you like our chances?

2. Are you happy with your players season? 

3. What will be the biggest reason for why we will beat Riga in the wildcard?

4. What NA team do you think is going to surprise people in the playoffs?

5. What is your players pre-game meal?

6. What is the most useless super power?

1. As of right now it looks as though we'll be taking on Riga in the wildcard round, how do you like our chances?

We’ve been toying with Riga all season, and now its time to put them away for good.  We got this.

Could have helped more but overall kind of what I expected coming in as a rookie.  This league is tough. 

We have the talent.  They suck.  We are better.  They get lucky when they win.  We have the best players and GM.  Enough said!

4. What NA team do you think is going to surprise people in the playoffs?

Unfortunately I think Chicago is going to make it to the finals against us and it will go 7 games but we will come out on top.

156 grams chicken breast, 189 grams brussel sprouts, 28 grams walnuts, 171 grams potato, 2 liters  of Gatorade ice, 4 200 mg tylenol, 4 200 mg advil, 1 Milky Way bar.

I have it.  You see, I have this superpower that all I have to do is look at a hot woman, or any woman for that matter; I wink with my left eye and give her a cute smile and she melts and dotes on me, and wants to be with me.  Its a power that does me absolutely no good because I am married!

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 7/8

1: I like our chances a lot, I think we have a great team and it's time we take the next step. We should have a decent playoff run in us.

2: Very happy! We have a good mix of veterans and young players and we have a few prospects I am excited to play alongside in the future.

3: We are more hungry. I haven't played playoff hockey since my days as a Reaper and I'm ready to make an impact.

4: Hard to not bet on Toronto in this one. They look strong and are one of the best defensive team when it comes to denying goals.

5: Blood... Just kidding I think something that works for early morning games or late night would be something like Eggs, Sausages and toast with a cup coffee.

6: Slowly Growing Hair. You may be able to argue having some sort of weapon made out of your hair would be the best way to use this power but do you really want a whip made of your arm hair? 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, Alex said:

Week Ending 7/8

1. I'm nervous, it's gonna be weird facing my old team in the first round.

2. Meh, not really. Had a great season last year and just didn't really live up to it here.

3. Donny Carter is a big game performer, regular season stats don't matter now and in the playoffs Donny is dialed in.

4. Chicago is gonna do some damage.

5. Mac and cheese and chocolate milk gets the job done.

6. You have x-ray vision but you can only see through one layer of atoms at a time.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:59 AM, Alex said:

Week Ending 7/8

1. I think it'll be a close series against Riga. We've really start to turn it on lately, but Riga is still a fairly good team. I'm honestly worried for whoever wins that series, us or Riga, because they'll play Moscow and probably get destroyed.

2. At first, I was a little bit sad about how my player was playing, but now I've eclipsed 40 points as a defenseman in my rookies season, plus I'm top 10 in rookie scoring, so I'm happy!

3. I think the biggest reason has to be our rookies starting to make an impact. A lot of our rookies or younger players at the beginning of the season weren't making a huge impact, but they've finally started to turn it on at the end of the season.

4. I think Chicago can really do some damage in NA, but I really like D.Cs chances to be honest.

5. When I was in high school playing hockey, my pre-game meal would be pasta or chicken, so I think my player would be the same!

6. The most useless super power has to be turning into a liquid or something. Imagine how boring that would be, I mean I guess any time you're in danger you could become water, but like that's all you can do. Lame.

I like our chances, I like them a lot! Riga will be easy.

Not really, I'm quite disappointed in Tavau's performance. Lack luster offense, terrible.

@Josh stops every shot. Josh saves everything.

Just throwing a team name here, Toronto?

Chicken, pasta, broccoli, cucumber and onion.

Endless stomach, meaning you can eat forever. useless.

Week Ending 7/8

1. We are 1-1 with Riga right now so we’re in a good spot 

2. no I thought I’d do a little bit better so I’m kinda disappointed 

3. the goaltending advantage we have 

4. I definitely think Chicago can surprise some people 

5. Chicken parmigiana 

6. probably having a endless stomach that just seems useless and imagine how much time you have to spend pooping all the food out not fun 

Week Ending 7/8

1. It all comes down to game 5! We've got this!
  2. I'm not. I thought for sure he'd do better. It's my first time with a skater though, so we'll get there.
  3. Because we have Chara!
  4. I'm guessing Calgary
  5. Steak, mashed potatoes, peas.
  6. I mean, are there any useless ones? 

Week Ending 7/8

1. I like them really fucking good.

2. I was, but then I fell off the earth in the last quarter.

3. Our hearts full of neutrality.

4. London will surprise people by moving to NA.

5. Standard issue Starfleet field rations and a side of poutine.

6. Breth Leppard - superhero with the breath of a leopard.

Week Ending 14/8

1. Well the wildcard round is over, what are your thoughts on the series?

2. We've got Moscow in round two, how do you like our chances?

3. Calgary also won their wildcard round against Toronto, is this the season of 5th seed dominance?

4. Is your player superstitious ? If yes, what are they superstitious about?

5. Are you following the VHLE or VHLM playoffs? If yes, what team do you think will win the championship?

6. What brand of hockey equipment does your player use?