HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 5/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Ending 5/6

1.  It's the offseason! What are some of your favorite offseason activities?

2. Is there anyone in this draft class that stands out to you?

3.  Following up from the previous question, who's your favorite prospect in our system? Why?

4.  With the Junior Showcase Tournament and the Victory ProAm tournaments, there have been attempts made by the community to make this historically uneventful period of the season more lively. Does this help with keeping new players around in the forums? What would you add to the offseason if given the option to?

5.  How are y'all doing as of late? Anything interesting as of late?

6.  What's your favorite type of soda, pop, soft drink, etc? I for some reason like Dr. Pepper even though I call it carbonated cough medicine.

1. The ProAm is my favorite and has been ever since it started 

2. I haven’t been following this class but I trust management to do what’s best

3. do Thunder and Cole count as prospects because of not being called up officially yet? Because I can’t wait to play in front of those two knowing they have my back 

4. I like both of those as the ProAm is my favorite off season part, I might add a M only WJC like you can play before your draft day 

5. doing good just ran my first 5k with the dog last weekend and I hate myself for it 

6. Dr. Pepper for me but if that’s not available then Coke

Week Ending June 12th, 2022

1. Moscow has made the finals for the 4th straight season, will they finally win a cup?

2. What are you most looking forward to this offseason?

3. Davos prospect Jake Thunder tore up the VHLE this season, what do you think are the chances that they win some awards this offseason?

4. Have you been following the lottery tournament at all? If yes, what do you think of Davos's performance?

5. Colorado swept Edmonton in the western conference finals yesterday, what team do you think meets them in the Stanley Cup Finals?

6. Is water wet?

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

1. Moscow has made the finals for the 4th straight season, will they finally win a cup?

3. Davos prospect Jake Thunder tore up the VHLE this season, what do you think are the chances that they win some awards this offseason?

4. Have you been following the lottery tournament at all? If yes, what do you think of Davos's performance?

5. Colorado swept Edmonton in the western conference finals yesterday, what team do you think meets them in the Stanley Cup Finals?

6. Is water wet?

1. I think they will.

2. Clicking the training camp button for that sweet TPE.

3. He sounds like a lock.

4. I find the lack of index annoying, so no.

5. I still think Tampa will pull it together. Or maybe I just hope.

6. zoolander-ben-stiller.gif

1. Moscow has made the finals for the 4th straight season, will they finally win a cup?

I hope not. I didn’t pick them to win it and need the tpe. 

getting into the big leagues and the excitement of the season to start

I got lucky by playing so many minutes. If you factor that in I think others deserve it. Just want to contribute to winning games and would rather dominate without any accolades. 

no. Only to what I read on discord. 

unfortunately I think the rangers have the edge 

6. Is water wet?

No. Water makes other things wet. I think. 

They should for sure

For it to be over!

He'll win something 100%

Not really, followed through discord mostly

Tampa.

6. Is water wet?

yes.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Alex said:

6. Is water wet?

1. Game 7 is today so I’ll say they finally win 

2. officially getting called up and the ProAm tournament 

3. He’ll definitely win awards most likely a best defenseman type of award 

4. been following it but wish there was a standings page to make it easier to know how teams are doing 

5. I’m going to say Tampa wins the East I think it’ll be a game 7

6. no, water isn’t wet, but it makes other things wet

Week Ending 19/6

1.  A BIG trade was announced yesterday. We acquired Vinny Detroit and Zeedayno Chara in exchange for a good amount of draft capital. How do you feel about this trade? How does this shape our team moving forward?

2. The draft lottery results have given us the 2nd and 5th overall picks in this season's draft! Which player from this draft class would be a good fit for the team?

3. The offseason always comes with changes in the roster. With that in mind, to those new players to the team? How do you adjust to coming into a different LR? If you've been in the roster for a while now, how does it feel to see new faces come in to the organization?

4. What was your graduation (middle school, high school, university, etc.) like? Any notable stories from that event?

5. What's your favorite video game franchise? I personally love the Persona franchise.

6. Wanna try some water flavored coffee?

1.  A BIG trade was announced yesterday. We acquired Vinny Detroit and Zeedayno Chara in exchange for a good amount of draft capital. How do you feel about this trade? How does this shape our team moving forward?

I’m in awe.  How did we get such studs?  I hope to get some ice time with these two.  Davos all the way baby.

2. The draft lottery results have given us the 2nd and 5th overall picks in this season's draft! Which player from this draft class would be a good fit for the team?

I have no clue, but that doesnt matter because I have 100% confidence in Alex and Jiggly getting us top players.

3. The offseason always comes with changes in the roster. With that in mind, to those new players to the team? How do you adjust to coming into a different LR? If you've been in the roster for a while now, how does it feel to see new faces come in to the organization?

I gotta say it feels good to finally belong!  I’m really looking forward to the future with Davos.

4. What was your graduation (middle school, high school, university, etc.) like? Any notable stories from that event?

Well, I’m only gonna write this because I’m sure the statute of limitations is over.  I played golf on my HS graduation day and indulged in some intoxicants on the golf course and played some polo with the golf cart as the horse.  Somehow the horse didnt stop at the pond and decided to go in for a drink.  I managed to save the clubs but lost a few things, including the horse.  Other than that, it was pretty non eventful.  And college graduation was a complete bore.

5. What's your favorite video game franchise? I personally love the Persona franchise.

Franchise?  EA Sports a franchise?  If it is that’s my choice.

6. Wanna try some water flavored coffee?

Absolutely.  I’m game.

HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

Week Ending 19/6

1.  A BIG trade was announced yesterday. We acquired Vinny Detroit and Zeedayno Chara in exchange for a good amount of draft capital. How do you feel about this trade? How does this shape our team moving forward?

As part of the trade I am bias.  Detroit is maybe the best power forward in the league and I'll try and get score a few with Chara.  Good trade. 

2. The draft lottery results have given us the 2nd and 5th overall picks in this season's draft! Which player from this draft class would be a good fit for the team?

Honestly can't go wrong with any of those to projected players. 

3. The offseason always comes with changes in the roster. With that in mind, to those new players to the team? How do you adjust to coming into a different LR? If you've been in the roster for a while now, how does it feel to see new faces come in to the organization?

I will try and pump up the team as much as possible.  Help with whatever I can. 

4. What was your graduation (middle school, high school, university, etc.) like? Any notable stories from that event?

I was a big in the party scene back then.

5. What's your favorite video game franchise? I personally love the Persona franchise.

Cod, nhl or Donley Kong lol

6. Wanna try some water flavored coffee?

yea I woulld 100%

1.  A BIG trade was announced yesterday. We acquired Vinny Detroit and Zeedayno Chara in exchange for a good amount of draft capital. How do you feel about this trade? How does this shape our team moving forward?

To be honest, I'm not sure about it. Not sure if it was the right move. But we'll see.

2. The draft lottery results have given us the 2nd and 5th overall picks in this season's draft! Which player from this draft class would be a good fit for the team?

Guuuuuuuuustav, I'd love to have him back on the team. Berocka too!!

3. The offseason always comes with changes in the roster. With that in mind, to those new players to the team? How do you adjust to coming into a different LR? If you've been in the roster for a while now, how does it feel to see new faces come in to the organization?

I don't adjust. I never leave Davos :dav:. I can't say much about the new guys, don't know them well enough yet.

4. What was your graduation (middle school, high school, university, etc.) like? Any notable stories from that event?

being drunk. that's about it, lots of drinking.

5. What's your favorite video game franchise? I personally love the Persona franchise.

MGS! no doubt the greatest video game series ever.

sounds terrible. coffee as coffee.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:13 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 19/6

1. Great trade, solidifies our young roster with some serious veteran contributors, while trading picks we probably wouldn't have space for.

2. Uosdwis R Dewoh

3. It's cool, but there hardly new faces. I can't seem to avoid Jubis.

4. University I skipped, to my regret, as I would learn a friend of mine was valedictorian.

5. Europa Universalis has probably taken the most of my time.

6. I don't even drink regular coffee.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:13 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 19/6

1. I feel like this was a pretty big trade for our team, as we are now trending upwards! I think our team moving forward is going to potentially be a dark horse, even a playoff team that could make a splash.

2. I think we all know who is going to go to Davos at least 2nd, but I think Thad's player would be super beneficial for us. He's a great forward and it's something that we could use!

3. I'm excited coming to the team, as I was in the E last season and now I'll be in the big leagues for the first time. I think bringing in new faces, especially prospects will be huge for having an active locker room.

4. My graduation was pretty interesting, there was only around 60 people in my high school class, so it went actually pretty fast. I don't think there were any notable stories from that event, but the best I could say was at the end when we all threw our caps into the sky.

5. My favorite video game franchise is Pokémon, an absolute classic. I started off playing Pokémon Pearl back in middle school and I still love it to this day.

6. No, that sounds boring to be honest, cmon Jiggs.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:13 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 19/6

1. With all the moves we made, I think we can definitely contend in the EU this year 

2. post draft, we got the guy we wanted at 2 and traded the other for a positional need so great draft 

3. always hard going into a new LR but for me as a rookie I knew a few of the others so it wasn’t like I was alone 

4. only one with a story was high school, the administration had told us all school year “no beach balls at graduation” so as soon as the last person was called parents threw beach balls for us to hit around 

5. I like the MLB the show games but it’s been pretty repetitive lately 

6. no that sounds absolutely disgusting 

HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

1. Moscow has made the finals for the 4th straight season, will they finally win a cup?

Chara and the Bears said  no no no

earning all the tpe I can

100% lock

I did not follow it at all sorry 😐 

5. Colorado swept Edmonton in the western conference finals yesterday, what team do you think meets them in the Stanley Cup Finals?

ITS Tampa but not looking good for them yikes

6. Is water wet?

I think if you asked water , it would say we are just dry 

Week Ending 26/6

1. HOOOWEEEE A LOT OF TRADES. A lot of huge trades have been made over the past week, what do you feel about this "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS" mentality?

2. The draft is over! How well did we do? Are you excited for the future of this team?

3. We became a bottom dwelling team to a potential contender in the span of a week. How does this affect the culture of the team? In what ways has it changed/not changed??

4. How's your summer? Are there any plans for trips/vacations?? For me it's nothing but the sun torching the earth with high temps.

5. Is there a song that describes you the best? Why? If not, then what are some of your favorite songs to listen to?

6. What toppings do you put on a hot dog?

P.S. Sorry for the slightly late presser btw

1. HOOOWEEEE A LOT OF TRADES. A lot of huge trades have been made over the past week, what do you feel about this "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS" mentality?

I had all the confidence in the world with you and Alex to make the right decisions.  I’m just glad I got to stay on the team.

2. The draft is over! How well did we do? Are you excited for the future of this team?

You dont know how excited I am for this team.  I cant wait for the season to start and for us to start winning.

3. We became a bottom dwelling team to a potential contender in the span of a week. How does this affect the culture of the team? In what ways has it changed/not changed??

It was all in the planning.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice.  Nothing has changed as far as the winning attitude.

4. How's your summer? Are there any plans for trips/vacations?? For me it's nothing but the sun torching the earth with high temps.

The sun has finally come out and there might actually be heat.  I have a ton of yard work to do.  Planning on camping as much as we can.

5. Is there a song that describes you the best? Why? If not, then what are some of your favorite songs to listen to?

Favorite song of all time is Freebird.  

6. What toppings do you put on a hot dog?

That depends.  I go in cycles of just ketchup.  Then maybe a while ketchup and mustard.  Then a while with ketchup and relish.  Lately its been just relish.  But it has to be Cains.

1. HOOOWEEEE A LOT OF TRADES. A lot of huge trades have been made over the past week, what do you feel about this "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS" mentality?

Crazy turnaround! Truth to be told, I'm not sure yet, but I hoping we do well and  expect that too.

2. The draft is over! How well did we do? Are you excited for the future of this team?

I think it went well. And yes I am, well I'm always excited for the future of Davos.

3. We became a bottom dwelling team to a potential contender in the span of a week. How does this affect the culture of the team? In what ways has it changed/not changed??

Can't really tell yet. LR is more busy that's for sure.

4. How's your summer? Are there any plans for trips/vacations?? For me it's nothing but the sun torching the earth with high temps.

Work, no plans. Same, sun torching.

5. Is there a song that describes you the best? Why? If not, then what are some of your favorite songs to listen to?

Nah, I don't think so. Too many good songs. Aerosmith - Dream On.

mustard and ketchup. basic stuff.

20 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 26/6

1: I like it. It makes it clear that we intend to make a playoff push this season.

2: I personally really like our draft this season. I really want to play alongside our 3rd round pick Tom Creeg.

3: I think our offense took a huge step forward. We're gonna make a bunch of goalies look like swiss cheese.

4: I don't necessarily have any plans this summer but we'll see what happens. My friends usually do the planning.

5: Hmm... I'm not sure if any song describes me but I do love to listen to a band called I The Mighty. They have some controversy around them unfortunately but I enjoy their music.

6: Ketchup, Mustard, Cheese. You can't go wrong with those.

23 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 26/6

1. I think it's great. A lot of those picks wouldn't have had room on the roster.

2. I gather we got some good users. I didn't pay much attention.

3. The culture was strong and will remain so. We're just able to enjoy the results, as well as the company, now.

4. Might have to go to Ohio. We'll see if we can get out of it.

5. https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_QUiDYTTg&feature=share

6. Ketchup. Next question.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 26/6

1. It's your life motto, and it works!
  2. Well, seeing how Davos picked up future star Dynamite, I'd say it went pretty good!
  3. It really breaths life into the players who are team veterans, and into those who are new.
  4. I'm not a huge summer fan. I will say I enjoy baseball, so it's nice to go watch games and announce at some Little League games.
  5. No. My mood changes with music. Some days I love songs that are relaxed, lo-fi style. Other days I listen to metal, rap, hip-hop, and so on.
  6. Easy. Ketchup. 

Week Ending 26/6

1. Reminds me of when Jiggs was Vegas GM with this same mentality 

2. I feel like we did great in the draft, and I’m very excited about the future of the team

3.  I can’t speak to the culture to much but it definitely seems like the LR is more active 

4. going to visit my grandparents in a few weeks but besides that I don’t have anything planned 

5. I don’t think there’s a song that describes me, I like listening to anything from the 80’s 

6. ketchup and relish is a must for me 

Week Ending 26/6

Somebody's got to win the cup.  Could be anyone. 

Very very well.  This team is loaded with prospects 

we gonna do some winning around here ,:) 

3 weeks vacation in August driving  back to nova scotia 

All I do is win

Not really lol but I gotta say it

Ketchup is a must everytime. 

Little mustard is ok too.  Cheese sometimes is good 

But ketchup only is still perhaps the best 

orV41eH.png.9e6a12b96a7a43f277fe55473ebe2ea6.png

Week Ending 3/7

1. The regular season begins tomorrow! Which team do you think has a lot of promise heading into this season? Well except us of course ;)

2. Davos legend Taro Tsujimoto has been inducted into the Hall of Fame! How has he impacted this franchise? Do you think that there's anyone here currently who can make a similar impact?

3. James Teekirque (@Mongoose87) has been named your captain! In relation to that, what do think captains and assistant captains need to do to set an example for the rest of the team?

4. So if you've been paying attention to the NHL Draft, the final rankings has just been updated. So who do you think goes 1st overall to Montreal? Shane Wright or Juraj Slafkovsky???

5. Corey Perry has lost in the finals 3 times in a row DESPITE joining Tampa for the sole purpose of not losing in the finals. Do you feel bad for him? Or do you just hate him?

6. Trade the picks, trust the process??

1 hour ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 3/7

1. The regular season begins tomorrow! Which team do you think has a lot of promise heading into this season? Well except us of course ;)

2. Davos legend Taro Tsujimoto has been inducted into the Hall of Fame! How has he impacted this franchise? Do you think that there's anyone here currently who can make a similar impact?

3. James Teekirque (@Mongoose87) has been named your captain! In relation to that, what do think captains and assistant captains need to do to set an example for the rest of the team?

4. So if you've been paying attention to the NHL Draft, the final rankings has just been updated. So who do you think goes 1st overall to Montreal? Shane Wright or Juraj Slafkovsky???

5. Corey Perry has lost in the finals 3 times in a row DESPITE joining Tampa for the sole purpose of not losing in the finals. Do you feel bad for him? Or do you just hate him?

1. I think Calgary is going to be our toughest opponent, they are definitely one to watch.

2. Probably the newest 2nd overall pick, Napoleon Dynamite over anyone.

3. Just be active in the LR and motivate the team! Reminding everyone to claim tpe is good too.

4. Shane Wright really should and I think it would be bad for Montreal to go anyone else, they need that one two center punch.

5. I feel bad, he's a very Marchand type player and being a Bruins fan I just don't hate him, I just don't want him on the team because he is a bit of a jinx.

6. Trade the picks, win the cup, trade the players, and build up. Came up with that on the flash, pretty good in my opinion.

On 6/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 3/7

1: I am hoping Malmo makes an impact this season. I know they traded by but there's no grudge between us and I hope they do good.

2: Seems like Taro was an amazing player anyone would be lucky to play with. Anyone with his PPG average should be in the HOF. I believe Tavau has had a similar impact, even though this might be his final season his leadership has carried Davos even when the team wasn't at it's strongest.

3: I think he's a great captain. I think all our leaders are good and they'll have a huge impact in our teams success.

4: I pay close attention to all drafts and I believe Shane Wright will go 1st overall. He's had a longer track record of success at his level and I think Montreal and he also knows how to be a leader.

5: I don't hate Perry. I think he is an underrated Talent who would fit in perfectly on Boston. 

6: Always. Trade picks to get an already established player and not just hope your draft pick is a success?

Edited by Masu Chan