HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

10 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Ending 8/5

1. We had a tough 0-3 sim yesterday and are currently in a 5 game losing streak. What do you think needs to change to get back to a winning format?

2. David Tavau is, as of writing, 9th in the league in terms of shots blocked. What do you think about his efforts?

3. We have a lot of draft capital this season. What do you think the team is missing?

4. Hey how's it going? I'm your new AGM! How do you feel about me coming back from the dead and being your AGM?

5. What's your favorite childhood TV show?

6. Hot chocolate or coffee?

1. Yikes... probably need a Bruce Boudreau

2. He should block more shots. Frankly, 9th in the league is too low ;)

3. Team is missing a natural born fighter and some grit

4. Good to have you back!

5. Too many to name... might have to narrow down on something great: Street Sharks?

6. Coffee. Hot choco has too much sugar. Drink that coffee black and put hair on your chest!

On 5/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 8/5

1. We had a tough 0-3 sim yesterday and are currently in a 5 game losing streak. What do you think needs to change to get back to a winning format?

2. David Tavau is, as of writing, 9th in the league in terms of shots blocked. What do you think about his efforts?

3. We have a lot of draft capital this season. What do you think the team is missing?

4. Hey how's it going? I'm your new AGM! How do you feel about me coming back from the dead and being your AGM?

1. The team has gotten too soft. We should cover our jerseys in concrete.

2. He must be very sore.

3. We need forwards that can maintain possession and finish chances.

4. I have a strict no zombie policy, but I'm willing to institute a special waiver if press conferences are forthcoming.

5. Favorite during my childhood was probably Darkwing Duck. Favorite in retrospect is Star Trek TNG.

6. Hot chocolate. I'm a tea drinker.

Edited by Mongoose87

Not sure.  We have the team to compete.  Just not getting the breaks.  Tweaking something might change things.  Of course, if our GM would stop fighting against us!!  At least it was a draw.

A true STAR.  He keeps us in games and is the engine keeping the team going.

Well, its a new hybrid season, so no need to get too wrapped up in results.  Keep with GM plan and things will work out.

I didnt know you were dead.  Just jiggly.  Welcome back.  Help the GM and team all you can, and if you play against your team please dont fight!!

Gilligan’s Island

Hot chocolate when skiing, snowboarding, or hunting.  Coffee when getting on discord in the morning, or with dessert after dinner.

Need to get our confidence back, lucky bounces and better communication on ice.

Should be better tnh

Forwards!

Barely knew you before, barely know you now. But based on the fact that you center the press conference questions, it is not a good start.

I honestly can't recall.

coffee 10 times out of 10

4 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 8/5

1. tbh i think my player needs to start saving more..which is kinda impossible you just gotta beg sths to be nice

2. Well 1 he is an amazing defensemen and good job man

3. some forwards and maybe a tiny bit of defense 

4. uhh good i didnt know you even left but uhh welcome back!

5. wonder pets best shit ever
6. neither that shit sucks coffee taste like ass and hot chocolate is just ew

orV41eH.png.9e6a12b96a7a43f277fe55473ebe2ea6.png

Week ending 15/5

1. We've had a lot of tough sims as of late. Just this past sim were some 1 goal games. What do you think we have to do in order to get back in scoring shape?

2. In relation to the previous question, our team hasn't slacked defensively. Both David Tavau and James Teekirque are within the top ten in shots blocked. What does that say about the team and our mentality?

3. Would you prefer this format for pressers? Or do you prefer if I center the question prompts??

4. How was your mother's day?

5. Are there any hobbies you enjoy doing apart from the VHL? I personally just play a lot of video games.

6. Who's your favorite NHL player? Why?

1 hour ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week ending 15/5

1. We've had a lot of tough sims as of late. Just this past sim were some 1 goal games. What do you think we have to do in order to get back in scoring shape?

2. In relation to the previous question, our team hasn't slacked defensively. Both David Tavau and James Teekirque are within the top ten in shots blocked. What does that say about the team and our mentality?

3. Would you prefer this format for pressers? Or do you prefer if I center the question prompts??

5. Are there any hobbies you enjoy doing apart from the VHL? I personally just play a lot of video games.

1. Bring up Hasbulla Score-megdoevov (jk he's a joke)

2. We like to abuse ourselves with pucks physically, and losses mentally

3. You do you my man. Either way is ez pz to aNSWER

4. I am not a mom, but good! Can't see my mom, too far away :(

5. Video gamezzzzz, hockey (but not lately) disc golf (I love golf but too expensive and too broke)

6. Nazzy, but current = Petey. I like swedes and canucks for some reason

Week ending 15/5

1. Probably wait until next season.

2. I know what it says about James. He loves dramatically flopping to the ice.

3. I'm not picky either way, TBH.

4. Pretty good. Let the wife take a nap. Ordered sushi.

5. I, too, play many video games. I also do ttrpgs.

6. He's old now, bit Evgeni Malkin in his best days could dominate on the ice like no one's business.

Week ending 15/5

Put David Tavau on more lines.  When he’s not scoring he’s making passes to give others shots on goal.

We have defensive studs.  They are built tough and keep up the pressure.  Things will turn around.

I usually change the design to left margin anyway.  It’s easier to write.

So good I cant stand it!  Did all my husbandly duties early on and had a nice day watching nhl playoffs.

Right now vhl is top of the list.  I like working out.  Camping too but the weather has to be better than this crap we’re having.

Bruins.  Where I grew up you were either a Boston fan or a New York fan.  I cant stand NY teams!!

Pray the Sim Gods.

We just face a lot more shots. But dmen are brave and don't shy away.

NO CENTERING! PLEASE

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Reading and movies.

I don't a favorite per se, I enjoy watching some goalie, Kuemper, Markström, Price, Vasi, Shesterkin... I like goalies.

Week Ending 22/5

1. It's trade deadline day! Do you think any moves need to be made? If you're responding past the trade deadline, do you think we made the right decision?

2. Our past three games all had one goal deficits. What do you think the team needs to work on in order to convert on our chances?

3. We're heading towards the end of the season. Does being in the bottom of the standings affect your drive to play? Or does the standings not matter in terms of effort?

4. Any teams you're following in the NHL playoffs? I follow the Rangers bandwagon as of now.

5.  Is there anything you're excited for? Whether it's a movie trailer, or game teaser, or anything, are you excited or can't wait for it to happen/arrive?

6. Do you have any pets? If not what would you like for a pet?

3 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 22/5

1. It's trade deadline day! Do you think any moves need to be made? If you're responding past the trade deadline, do you think we made the right decision?

2. Our past three games all had one goal deficits. What do you think the team needs to work on in order to convert on our chances?

3. We're heading towards the end of the season. Does being in the bottom of the standings affect your drive to play? Or does the standings not matter in terms of effort?

4. Any teams you're following in the NHL playoffs? I follow the Rangers bandwagon as of now.

5.  Is there anything you're excited for? Whether it's a movie trailer, or game teaser, or anything, are you excited or can't wait for it to happen/arrive?

1. I think we've sold what we should sell already. Time to stand pat and get ready for next season.

2. Our snipes must be sicker, our dangles dirtier.

3. I know this is the bottom, and we'll be improving next season, so I'm motivated to see that performance.

4. No comment.

5. I'm about to eat some really good stew.

6. I have a cat and an orange raccoon.

1. It's trade deadline day! Do you think any moves need to be made? If you're responding past the trade deadline, do you think we made the right decision?

I trust the GM trades for draft picks as it appears the plan is for the future.  I hope I’m part of the future plans with Davos.

2. Our past three games all had one goal deficits. What do you think the team needs to work on in order to convert on our chances?

Cant score goals if you dont shoot on goal.  Our shot numbers are considerably less than opponents.

3. We're heading towards the end of the season. Does being in the bottom of the standings affect your drive to play? Or does the standings not matter in terms of effort?

It makes me want the season to be over so I can be called up to the show and try to contribute to the team winning.  

4. Any teams you're following in the NHL playoffs? I follow the Rangers bandwagon as of now.

Now that the Bruins are out, I dont care who wins.  But,,, I was dumb enough to pick St Louis to win it all for TPE.  So right now its only for the TPE.  And, I didnt pick the Rangers for round 2.  Sorry gumballs!!

5.  Is there anything you're excited for? Whether it's a movie trailer, or game teaser, or anything, are you excited or can't wait for it to happen/arrive?

Lets see, I heard NCAA Football is coming back to Xbox.  I guess I’d be happy when that comes out.  

6. Do you have any pets? If not what would you like for a pet?

A five year old Saintberdoodle.  Get the best of both breeds with her.  Smart, calm, no shedding, no drooling.

I know we made one trade for a draft pick. Good.

More activity in front of the net and making the best of our chances.

doesn't matter where we are on the standings, I always, always give 110% effort.

Rangers have a bandwagon? lol :D I follow a lot of teams who I enjoy watching.

Not really, though I miss the good old days of movies without any bs in them.

Unfortunately not, but I would love to have a cat :)

On 5/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 22/5

1. HECK YES YOU GOT HASBULLA

2. NEED MORE HASBULLLA LESS GOALS AGAINST

3. PLAYOFF POSITION MATTERS, THEN CUP

4. No, I don't really like them, but the games are good hockey. TBL thrre-peat?

5. STAR WARS. All of it, movies, games, shows. So much goodness coming. 

6. Griff the cat. Pretty famous instagram @griffthearchkitty 

Week Ending 29/5

1. We're reaching the end of the season, how do you feel about this season?

2. Following up on the previous question, we have a big offseason ahead of us. What do you think needs to be addressed first in terms of team need?

3. It's theme week! Do you like this season's theme? What do you appreciate about the VHL?

4. Do you follow any other sport apart from hockey? If not why do you enjoy hockey?

5. What is something you're really good at?

6. You want some BEANS?

1. We're reaching the end of the season, how do you feel about this season?

I knew this was a rebuilding year.  Hope GM and AGM were able to get what they wanted to make team compete next few seasons.

2. Following up on the previous question, we have a big offseason ahead of us. What do you think needs to be addressed first in terms of team need?

The concession stands need to have a better variety of condiments.  Cannot eat hotdog without Cain’s sweet relish.

3. It's theme week! Do you like this season's theme? What do you appreciate about the VHL?

OMG.  VHL is awesome!  I enjoy it immensely.  Only issue is just when I think I understand things, someone mentions something I have no clue about.  So I just have to be patient and learn slowly.

4. Do you follow any other sport apart from hockey? If not why do you enjoy hockey?

“Follow” is a general term as far as my interest in sports.  I like to watch hockey, football, baseball, but not to the point that I am so wrapped up in it like I am wrapped up in vhl.

5. What is something you're really good at?

Skiing.  

6. You want some BEANS?

I prefer pinto beans but enjoy baked beans also.  Ahh heck, I will eat green beans too.

Week Ending 29/5

2. Following up on the previous question, we have a big offseason ahead of us. What do you think needs to be addressed first in terms of team need?

3. It's theme week! Do you like this season's theme? What do you appreciate about the VHL?

4. Do you follow any other sport apart from hockey? If not why do you enjoy hockey?

6. You want some BEANS?

1. well for me being offline that entire season (which sucks) uhh this season was great at the start 
2. uhh well maybe some more defensivemen and a couple of forwards 
3. uhh i didnt check it out yet

4. basketball, i enjoy hockey because its so competitive in basketball you can get like 50 points in 30 minutes but in hockey getting a goal is difficult you gotta fight the defense then the goalie which is the single reason why a goal is hard to get 
5. uhh playing as a center in basketball im like 5'6 but i can dunk so that surpirsed me 
6. fuck that beans are shit

17 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 29/5

6. You want some BEANS?

1. TBH, glad it's ending.

2. I know we have a lot of prospects coming, but it's hard to say how much they'll contribute right away, so:
a) more scoring up front

b) defensive depth

c) we're almost out of Tang

3. I appreciate that welfare allows me to take it slower some weeks without totally falling behind.

4. I follow American football.

5. Getting woken up early by a 2-year old.

6. I'm not much for beans, TBH.

Disappointing but a good rebuilding season.

Just get some great prospects

I don't participate in theme weeks but I do appreciate Davos :dav: and the community.

I wouldn't say I follow any other sports, I enjoy football and baseball though. Hockey is just the best.

Repping Davos!

6. You want some BEANS?

No thanks.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 29/5

6. You want some BEANS?

1 although I was in the E I feel like I had a good season and I’m ready to make the step up 

2. Let’s see who’s in FA to help fill out the team with a lot of prospects coming up 

3. I appreciate how friendly a lot of the league is it shows that there’s really other people behind the players

4. I follow Baseball and football other then hockey 

5. having to wake up at 4 am for work lol

6. no thank you 

Week Ending 5/6

1.  It's the offseason! What are some of your favorite offseason activities?

2. Is there anyone in this draft class that stands out to you?

3.  Following up from the previous question, who's your favorite prospect in our system? Why?

4.  With the Junior Showcase Tournament and the Victory ProAm tournaments, there have been attempts made by the community to make this historically uneventful period of the season more lively. Does this help with keeping new players around in the forums? What would you add to the offseason if given the option to?

5.  How are y'all doing as of late? Anything interesting as of late?

6.  What's your favorite type of soda, pop, soft drink, etc? I for some reason like Dr. Pepper even though I call it carbonated cough medicine.

Edited by JigglyGumballs
I forgot your mandatory PING

5 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 5/6

3.  Following up from the previous question, who's your favorite prospect in our system? Why?

4.  With the Junior Showcase Tournament and the Victory ProAm tournaments, there have been attempts made by the community to make this historically uneventful period of the season more lively. Does this help with keeping new players around in the forums? What would you add to the offseason if given the option to?

6.  What's your favorite type of soda, pop, soft drink, etc? I for some reason like Dr. Pepper even though I call it carbonated cough medicine.

1. I like to eat, I like to eat, I like to eat apples, oranges and bananas.

2. No because I haven't looked into any of them.

3. Oh, [PROSPECT NAME HERE] has shown outstanding initiative.

4. It probably does. TBH, I kinda like having a little downtime.

5. Toddler is potty training. It's an experience.

6. Dr Pepper is my favorite, too, though I avoid it because it has like 10 times the sugar.

Offseasons are super boring. Booring.

Idk, Berocka's player  maybe

Yasilevich. Some sort of a tpe whore.

I don't honestly care about tournaments like those, so I have no idea.

Finland won the world championship, yay!

Classic old coca-cola.

btw dr pepper is trash, tried once, hated it lol

It's the offseason! What are some of your favorite offseason activities?

Camping is my go to activity.  But I’m a warm weather, no rain camper so havent spent the night in the 5th wheel yet.  Maybe this weekend.

2. Is there anyone in this draft class that stands out to you?

Would that be S84?  Havent even paid attention to anyone in particular.  Only following Aces success.

3.  Following up from the previous question, who's your favorite prospect in our system? Why?

Yisan.  He’s a superstar.  

4.  With the Junior Showcase Tournament and the Victory ProAm tournaments, there have been attempts made by the community to make this historically uneventful period of the season more lively. Does this help with keeping new players around in the forums? What would you add to the offseason if given the option to?

I’m into vhl regardless…

5.  How are y'all doing as of late? Anything interesting as of late?

Had some alcohol for first time since last august.  Wish I hadnt

6.  What's your favorite type of soda, pop, soft drink, etc? I for some reason like Dr. Pepper even though I call it carbonated cough medicine.

Water.  I seldom drink anythng else.