VHLM Season Preview

Matt_O

5 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

I will communicate with new members how I choose to.

For now. We'll see whether that remains viable.

Vegas was the most active in waivers last season and retained many new members from a fairly dead list of people who had gone inactive due to site confusion, etc.

Vegas sniped a lot of people who had pitches from every team. That makes you good at selling, it doesn't speak to any other aspect of the job.

Countless times I have contacted users and gave them a hand getting started.

So have we all. This is the job.

No regrets. @DilIsPickle can attest to that. His memes may be awful but he is a highly active member now. He was on page 3 of the available waivers list when I reached out to him.

Yeah, Dill was a good get for you - he's probably not the best personality fit for me specifically, but he's a good member. You know who I got off waivers and cultivated into a fantastic member of this league who I respect immensely? Your own assistant...

2 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

Ah. Well... my ignorance bites me in the ass again... Why didn't you offer a contract Mr GM? 

I have 9 active forwards, would theoretically have played you on 2nd line, but didn't want to bump a new guy to the 4th to do so. You're going to be just fine regardless of where you end up, as an established member with a plan for your guy, but if a new member played on the 4th line, he might have been susceptible to getting bored and leaving.

Just now, diamond_ace said:

I have 9 active forwards, would theoretically have played you on 2nd line, but didn't want to bump a new guy to the 4th to do so. You're going to be just fine regardless of where you end up, as an established member with a plan for your guy, but if a new member played on the 4th line, he might have been susceptible to getting bored and leaving.

Ah not taking after my brand of GM'ing. Not giving a fuck about the players, just the cups.

Just now, BluObieZ said:

Ah not taking after my brand of GM'ing. Not giving a fuck about the players, just the cups.

You'd have definitely been a great addition to the cups side of it, but yeah I care about the players

39 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

If we were all in a sandbox and were making sandcastles, I bet his would be the best. But it depends on how many grains of sand were used and how many times you were inducted into the hall of fame in a fictional hockey league.

Everyone knows D_A is the best, and I also truly believe Ottawa is the leader in this race. I don't how many playoff series losses you'll have to suffer to realize that

2 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Everyone knows D_A is the best, and I also truly believe Ottawa is the leader in this race. I don't how many playoff series losses you'll have to suffer to realize that

You two are cute together.

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

When you face each other past the first round enough that'll happen

I guess we didn't get to that point with USA doing so well in the world juniors. Oh well.

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

btw, nice media spot @Matt_O!

Yes. Let's not lose the plot here for Matt's sake. I don't agree with his rankings for the pieces he's missed that I've mentioned, but it was very well crafted on his part, and it's to his credit that it generated this discussion.

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

If we were all in a sandbox and were making sandcastles, I bet his would be the best. But it depends on how many grains of sand were used and how many times you were inducted into the hall of fame in a fictional hockey league.

Except I’m joking, Ace knows it, and while it’s fun to brag about certain achievements I really don’t care about them beyond my own enjoyment.