Semi-Finals 1 - Game 6: Seattle vs Helsinki

Devise

Something tells me STHS wants HSK to get revenge for the sweep last season. Tough break for Seattle and Riga again this season, honestly. They certainly were the two best teams on paper, however I do think the "differences" between teams aren't nearly as strong as people are making out. But again, tough losses can cause all of us to be a bit frustrated with things. 

That said best of luck to Helsinki and @Quik in the finals rematch. 

• Commissioner

And once again I can’t make the finals. I’ve lost count of how long it’s been but at least 2 full careers and now over half of another. I’m getting really sick of STHS deciding who it likes and who it hates; especially since it always seems like it’s me that it hates.

Just now, BOOM™ said:

We could save time and flip a coin for the finals series. It seems as accurate.

Your not wrong. Each game is itself a coin flip in the playoffs it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

And once again I can’t make the finals. I’ve lost count of how long it’s been but at least 2 full careers and now over half of another. I’m getting really sick of STHS deciding who it likes and who it hates; especially since it always seems like it’s me that it hates.

STHS really wants you to have that "process" when you finally win right? :P League parity leading to things being like real NHL means you gotta suffer all that frustration before triumph. Or STHS sucks. I'm going to go with the latter. :P 

STHS is what we have for now. Until a more accurate or a sim engine with a better grasp of rosters and lines gets created, I guess we will continue to suffer "shocks".

Commiserations to all members aggrieved by the STHS machine.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Devise said:

STHS really wants you to have that "process" when you finally win right? :P League parity leading to things being like real NHL means you gotta suffer all that frustration before triumph. Or STHS sucks. I'm going to go with the latter. :P 

I have no doubts that had I gone to Toronto, Riga would be in the finals; had I gone to Helsinki, Seattle would be in the finals. It’ll do whatever it can to keep me out of them it seems even when I play better than most anyone. 12 points in 6 playoff games, not enough to do anything apparently. I mean a bloody CPU goalie had a 41 shot shutout against us, if that’s not a cup curse I don’t know what is.

Holik and Sokolov were at least shitty in the playoffs so it made sense. Thompson is great, it just hates him. Meanwhile Arroyo gets his what, 5th straight cup appearance? I’ve seriously lost count of how many times I’ve won the Victory cup only to be beaten by the team the squeaks in, its BS.

FWIW to @Quik and Helsinki I’m not at all saying you guys’d are a shit team. I expected a tough challenge. My annoyance comes purely from the amount of times this happens and the fact that we can never even bring it to 7, we just always get wrecked early. GL in the finals.

I mean, I’ve been playing nice and taking on the under dog role, but anyone who actually thought that we’d be a walk in this series, some sort of massive under dog, isn’t paying attention. 

Once we added Canmore and Revvy, and got past the backup games, it took us a little to get going, but the 2nd half of the season we were right up there with Riga and Seattle as a top team. Seattle was also built for the regular season. Some star players, but absolutely no depth, that’ll kill you when facing teams that have just as many star players, and much better depth. Riga has tons of reason to be upset about their series only going 5. Anyone shocked about this one being over in 6 just isn’t paying attention. 

@Quik

One of us were gonna win and it happened to be you. Could have been either of the two but your roster was just as good and just as attractive on paper. This series was the main thing - more so if you ask, Rigas.

Best of luck to you the rest of the way, HSK. Hope to see you hoist the cup up high! Very deserving. :hel: