Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, berocka said:
  1. What superstitions does your player have?

I'm not sure when it started but I always have to put my right piece of equipment on before my left. Whether it is an elbow pad, shin pad or skate, that's just the way it is.

1. Have you spent much time around Mississauga, if so what do you think?

I am actually originally from about an hour away from the city. I've spent plenty of time in my life in and around the city and I love the area.

1. What is the weirdest thing you have seen from our team off the ice?

There is some weird fascination with a drunk bird that is fascinating.

1. What could be done to improve the locker room (ie. Discord or Forums)?

That is a good question. Overall activity seems pretty good. Morale seems pretty good especially for a team with so few wins. Maybe try and get the Oregon Trail going again?

1. For new players it is the job of Gustav and myself to sell the team to get others to join, what would be your sales pitch?

Well we have a ton of resources going forward and while we are not winning now we should in the future.

1. Have you talked to anyone in the league outside of our team?

I interact with plenty of people. I always attend the league wide meetings and have made friends from a bunch of teams. I've also gotten to know some guys from the VHL and they have been integral in helping me improve my game.

For the week ending 8/4...

1. Fill me in on what happened last week, when I wasn't on the site.

2. You can pick any person, real or fictional, to join our team (it doesn't have to be a hockey player). Who do you choose and why?

3. Do you know much about VHL teams at the moment? Who do you hope drafts you next season?

4. Let's say it's eight seasons from now and you're making a second player. Do you have any ideas in particular?

5. Let's also say the league is expanding, and you can put a new team wherever you want. Where do you put it, and what do you name it?

6. Every season, jobs in management open up in the VHLM, whether it's a GM job or an AGM job. If one of these opens up, would you be interested in applying? Any teams in particular you'd like to manage?

2. Have you spent much time around Mississauga, if so what do you think?
  3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen from our team off the ice?
  4. What could be done to improve the locker room (ie. Discord or Forums)?
  5. For new players it is the job of Gustav and myself to sell the team to get others to join, what would be your sales pitch?
  6. Have you talked to anyone in the league outside of our team?

1.  I have always been scared of the number 3, don't know what about it scares me but I always stay away from it on game days.

2. Pretty quiet town but that is good, I can focus on my game.

3. You know I am not allowed to talk about rookie parties

4. I really could not tell you as I am still fairly green

5. You have me on the team now.

6. Yes, The other C Liam and I know each other and we hope that translates into on ice chemistry

Apologies, I cannot be too much of a help in this regard. Only having just joined the site this evening. But, I can tell you the Mississauga Hounds just got a lto more competitive. With two eager centers.

2. You can pick any person, real or fictional, to join our team (it doesn't have to be a hockey player). Who do you choose and why?

Obviously it would be great to have the Great 8 on the team. Scoring goals is the name of the game and he is the best at it. Being a C - it would be awesome to be able to dish the puck off to an Ovechkin night-in-night-out.

3. Do you know much about VHL teams at the moment? Who do you hope drafts you next season?

Not too much right now. I hope to learn a lot in practical game situations. Looking forward to seeing whats out there and who may draft me. Obviously - you want to be a winning team. But winning isn't always everything - I want to be sure that I get along with my team mates. 

4. Let's say it's eight seasons from now and you're making a second player. Do you have any ideas in particular?

Not even sure - Scott Stevens is one of my favorites. So maybe someone who can really bang out there. Defensive Dman. Or a two-way guy.

5. Let's also say the league is expanding, and you can put a new team wherever you want. Where do you put it, and what do you name it?

Tough one - everyone loves the Islands. A team on a Bahamian island might be cool. Or somewhere in Asia.

6. Every season, jobs in management open up in the VHLM, whether it's a GM job or an AGM job. If one of these opens up, would you be interested in applying? Any teams in particular you'd like to manage?

Bring it on!

I can;t say I am really superstitious. I don't like to talk during playoff games unless its on the ice trying to help my team. 

2. Have you spent much time around Mississauga, if so what do you think?

I live in Mississauga - it is a beautiful City.

3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen from our team off the ice?

I have been around a day. We will see what happens as time goes on.

4. What could be done to improve the locker room (ie. Discord or Forums)?

I will report back. I think it would be wrong for a rookie to be too critical. Lets win- if we are winning. Who cares about the fluff.

5. For new players it is the job of Gustav and myself to sell the team to get others to join, what would be your sales pitch?

That we have a dedicated C for at least this season!

6. Have you talked to anyone in the league outside of our team?

A couple people. I look forward to more shit talk now that I am on a team!

I joined the squad, but you kinda invited me so idk.

I would think that Husain bolt might be a good addition, he would easily be able to outspend anyone.

I know next to nothing and have no idea who would even be interested in me.

Likely a goaltender as it would be entirely different 

Sherbrooke Sealords

No, I want to get a handle on how to play as a player before I do anything more than that

7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I scored a goal and discovered i'm top ten in hits.

2. Wayne from letterkenny his stare alone would paralyze the other team. 

3. I know absolutely nothing about them hopefully a good team picks me up.

4. Might make a winger to change it up a bit but who knows thats in a long time.

5. Luxembourg Lucky Irish.

6. Maybe but not yet i'm sill learning the league and how it works.  

15 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Block Buster had to put up with way to many shootouts but at least we are getting points

2. Usain Bolt, because he could skate down the ice in a flash

3. No I don't know to much but it looks like that New York would give me the best chance at being a starter

4. A Female goalie called Teresa Green

5. The Tasmanian Devils

6. Not at the moment I am happy with just being a great Goalie

19 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Well there were a lot less :drunkbird:'s posted in the locker room. We actually won a few games and got some points so that was nice. Also Berocka fought off a player uprising so you should thank him.

2. I'd love someone like Scott Stevens so I could have a hard hitting partner and could form a new version of the bash brothers.

3. I know a decent amount. I'd love to be drafted by Helsinki so I could follow in my grandfathers footsteps. The only issue with that is they don't have first overall so they will need to trade up to get me.

4. I think I would like to be a scoring winger to be honest. Putting up a lot of goals is something I've always wanted to do.

5. The Oregon Trails... duh.

6. 100% Which team it is doesn't really matter to me but I would love to get a job in the VHLM with hopes of moving to the VHL one day.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:34 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. uhhhhh. that was a long time ago now. haha no but really i was decently busy and not super active that same week soo... we played some games i can tell you that much.

2. im gonna go with my dog on this one. i havent quite taught her yet but shes smart enough and i mean... were the hounds. 

3. i dont know much at all. i like the malmo branding for personal reasons and that scheme is a plus. helsinki’s logo is sweet. and of course i wouldnt mind seein the bird in NY.

4. i have tons of different ideas for builds all the time but i still need to learn what im doing to be effective hah. a fighter seems fun.

5. boston is half a cop-out cause i have no better idea and half me believing its just too big of a sports city to leave out. i dont really follow any sport team besides the bruins but obviously you cant really deny that boston teams have been important across most sports.

6. not entirely. i have interest in forming lines and chemistry and learning how the engine works but once you get into the contracts and business aspect im lost.

Our first post-trade deadline presser, for the week ending 8/11...

1. The trade deadline is come and gone, and today we yeeted traded our top forward, Jaxon Walker, for a 2nd-round draft pick. Was this a good move? Would you consider our rebuild this season a success?

2. In another move made today, we brought back a Hounds alum, @GlowyGoat, by sending a 4th-round pick to Vegas for his goalie, who figures to be a backup this season and have a spot on the roster for at least the next one. Was this a good move, or is it too contrary to our selling strategy to make sense?

3. Having played for a team that isn't that great this season, would you do it all over again next season, or would you prefer to be on a winning team?

4. What are your expectations for the team and your player for the rest of the season?

5. Since we're the Hounds, what's your favorite breed of dog?

6. What are your opinions on last season's Seattle draft class being disproportionately made up of Hounds players? Does @Banackock spend an unhealthy amount of time in our locker room? Will he be picking you in the coming draft?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat

1. I think the move was decent picking up a 2nd round pick. it certainly helps our rebuild moving forward. 

2. I think it makes sense. if he can grow then he's worth the 4th round pick for sure. 

3. being my draft year, i don't mind being picked up by a rebuilding team. I hope i can help the hounds with however long I spent here. I hope I can stick around. 

4. I hope my player can have a good impact and pick up some points for the rest of the season. i hope the team can finish strong. 

5. labbbbb

6. sure he might pick me up, who knows where i'll end up. yeah he should stick to his own locker room i guess?

1. The trade deadline is come and gone, and today we yeeted traded our top forward, Jaxon Walker, for a 2nd-round draft pick. Was this a good move? Would you consider our rebuild this season a success?

Well, it certainly wont help us with the probability of winning games when we are so close! But you know, I think after we traded our last big name - we really came together and gutted out some big Ws. I am hopeful we can win and benefit from the deal.

2. In another move made today, we brought back a Hounds alum, @GlowyGoat, by sending a 4th-round pick to Vegas for his goalie, who figures to be a backup this season and have a spot on the roster for at least the next one. Was this a good move, or is it too contrary to our selling strategy to make sense?

For sure - we need goalies! I hope that this move can help us sneak in some Ws when we rest our starter.

3. Having played for a team that isn't that great this season, would you do it all over again next season, or would you prefer to be on a winning team?

I mean - any chance to get major ice time is key to keep the stats up. I like carving my own path and what better way than with a team that needs to build!

4. What are your expectations for the team and your player for the rest of the season?

I want to keep being a steady presence and helping our team win games! I hope as a team we can still come together and try to make the playoffs!

<< I lived in a basement apartment under 4 yippy dogs. I am a cat guy. Sorry dudes.'

6. What are your opinions on last season's Seattle draft class being disproportionately made up of Hounds players? Does @Banackock spend an unhealthy amount of time in our locker room? Will he be picking you in the coming draft?

Haha - I never noticed. Sure - I am easy - is Seattle a winner?

Edited by elrune1988

I would think so, we did not have the team this year to win and by making those moves the hounds have managed to collect enough picks to put together a championship team next year.

2. In another move made today, we brought back a Hounds alum, @GlowyGoat, by sending a 4th-round pick to Vegas for his goalie, who figures to be a backup this season and have a spot on the roster for at least the next one. Was this a good move, or is it too contrary to our selling strategy to make sense?

A fourth round is not huge and having loyalty to alumni can help retain talent.

i really like our team identity and characters we have in the locker room.  I did not expect to win this year and have learned from our group plenty.

To play good minutes and put up points.

golden retriever

6. What are your opinions on last season's Seattle draft class being disproportionately made up of Hounds players? Does @Banackock spend an unhealthy amount of time in our locker room? Will he be picking you in the coming draft?

I have no idea, whatever team I end up with I will help succeed to the best of my ability.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

2. In another move made today, we brought back a Hounds alum, @GlowyGoat, by sending a 4th-round pick to Vegas for his goalie, who figures to be a backup this season and have a spot on the roster for at least the next one. Was this a good move, or is it too contrary to our selling strategy to make sense?

6. What are your opinions on last season's Seattle draft class being disproportionately made up of Hounds players? Does @Banackock spend an unhealthy amount of time in our locker room? Will he be picking you in the coming draft?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat

1. I would have to wait and see who the the second round turns into, It sucks to lose a guy like Walker but this stuff happens in a rebuild.

2.I loved this Move having a guy like him is awesome and we didn't lose much in the other direction. 

3.I'd absolutely come back to this team i had a blast all season so far.

4.Hopefully my Offense Bumps up a bit and maybe a ton more hits

5. Husky easy next question

6. If he needs a cool aggressive defense man who can score yes please draft me.  

On 8/6/2019 at 9:46 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think this was a good idea, this season we don't stand much of a chance so the rebuild is a good idea.

2. I think this is contrary to our strategy, I don't think we need a backup when Block Buster is the best.

3. I feel like this team gave me the ability to show my skills by holding up the net.

4. I want to keep improving and be more welcoming to the new Goalie. I would like the team to really continue to gel and take some points off some of the top teams.

5. Golden Retriever.

6. I don't think I would be picked there as Rayz Funk is a pretty strong goalie and I wouldn't want to be just a backup my whole career but anything is possible.

For the week ending 8/18...

1. Some noteworthy names have recreated (or even reappeared) this season after the deadline--Beaviss, omgitshim, and STZ, to name a few. All three went to Philadelphia, a team with a good shot at the cup. Do they, in your opinion, have the time that they need to develop into significant players for their team, or are they simply too far behind as far as this season is concerned?

2. If you've seen the "unban boubabi" discussion around the site, do you have an opinion? If so, what is it and why?

3. What's your favorite band that I've never heard of?

4. What's your favorite sport that isn't hockey?
5. If you were a GM, what kind of strategy would you go for? Anything that would make the way you would run a team unique?

6. All of you are (or at least have been, at some point) free agents. What advice would you give to someone who enters the league after the draft and has to sign with someone?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat @elrune1988 @TukTukTheGreat @Telkster

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Some noteworthy names have recreated (or even reappeared) this season after the deadline--Beaviss, omgitshim, and STZ, to name a few. All three went to Philadelphia, a team with a good shot at the cup. Do they, in your opinion, have the time that they need to develop into significant players for their team, or are they simply too far behind as far as this season is concerned?

2. If you've seen the "unban boubabi" discussion around the site, do you have an opinion? If so, what is it and why?

5. If you were a GM, what kind of strategy would you go for? Anything that would make the way you would run a team unique?

6. All of you are (or at least have been, at some point) free agents. What advice would you give to someone who enters the league after the draft and has to sign with someone?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat @elrune1988 @TukTukTheGreat @Telkster

1) Nahh they will be useless and why join Philadelphia and not the best team Mississauga.

2) It should not be left up to the people, it was before my time but if their is a reason for a ban you should keep it.

3) Ballpark Music a great band from Brisbane give them a listen.

4) As per my profile pic it's cricket, it's sad that most people on this site don't know anything about it. I would also love a Sim for cricket if anyone knows one.

5) My goal would be to have the most fun enjoyable environment, I don't care if we win all the cups as long as people have fun and stick around.

6) Pick the team that has the most icetime they will be the ones trying to keep you around.

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. If they haven't already developed into the player they want then they've got a few more opportunity to gain some TPE to make what improvements they need. 

2. I have no idea why he was banned so i guess i don't have an opinion.

3. He's not a Band but shawn james has a bunch of great songs, He made the song for the last of us 2 trailer.

4. Rowing i use to do it in high school (far from my rowing body now) but i like following it during the Olympics.

5. sell everyone for draft picks every year nonstop 

6. for your first year just sign with whoever seems the most fun or the first person to send you a offer like i did. 

I think depth is important in any cup win. So sure - maybe they won't be the creme-de-la-crop - but they will still likely contribute!

I will need to learn more before I comment.

One Day As A Lion - singer from Rage, lol.

Football

I like to rebuild - like scorch the earth and build from the ground up.

Don't stress - enjoy the process.

1. They should be able to help out, but i don't think they have enough time to develop into significant players for philly.

2. No clue I'll have to learn

3. Arctic Monkeys

4. Soccer

5. probably rebuild just as you are doing now!

6. just get those tpe bro!

as far as this season is concerned they have arrived too late, despite them being helped by carry over tpe they are still to far short to be of any real impact.

I have not been around long enough to have much of a say on the matter.

Marrilion but only the Script for a jesters tear album

Football

I would build my team around goalscoring wingers who can put up points and a really solid goalie. I am not sure if this would make the team unique but perhaps it might.

Have fun and sign with whoever you think can help you succeed.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, GustavMattias said:

Alumnus answering these because Banana needs to post new questions for Bears. Also Hounds 4 Lyfe.

1. They could be good players. They know the system well, so I think they could make an impact. 

2. Don't unban him. Most people seem happier without him. 

3. I like Guided By Voices. As far ad bands you might like, Caddywhompus might be up your alley.

4. Gotta be American Football

5. I'd honestly like to follow your strategy. Make sure you get people engaged and having fun. Then the results should come.

6. Make a name for yourself. I didn't have to do this but making as big of an impact on the forum as possible should do it.