Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

On 12/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, GrittyIsKing said:

descending in order of related-ness to the team

1. What is your favorite music artist?

2. What is your favorite kind of dog/hound

3. Best VHLM logo?

4. what is your points goal for your player this year?

5. What do you think of how we are doing so far? anything you want to improve upon?

6. If you were GM, what would your first move be?

1. Phoebe Bridgers

2. Huskies

3. the Reapers have my favorite logo. I love the colors too.

4. My points goal for this year is at this point is half a point per game. 

5. I haven't done too well at all so far, with my last point total when i checked being 2 in 10, so there is definitely room for improvement

6. It depends on the stage of the team. If we were rebuilding, i would trade someone with high potential for a few picks to a team doing better, and probably the reverse if we were contending

3. Best VHLM logo?

5. What do you think of how we are doing so far? anything you want to improve upon?

1. Creed

2. Belgian Sheppards ( Malinois)

3. I'll say the Titans have a pretty good logo

4. Umm 25-30 points seems like a great achievement

5. I think the team is beast this year, personally i'm working on my skating

6. All depending on the team's situation, if we're a contending team i'd sacrifice picks for key players to try and buff up the team even more on the moment, while if we're in the last, i'd try to get as many picks as i can to build on the long term.

3. Best VHLM logo?

1. Bruce Springsteen

2. My favorite dogs are other people's dogs.

3. The Miami Mariachis:

4. To get points and goals for my player.

5. We're having a great season. If like to see us play better in games against contenders.

6. Probably the Moonwalk. 

The Strokes. Been my favourite band for quite a while now. Glad they're touring again!

German Shepherd/Border Collie mixes. Those things are god damned treasures. 

3. Best VHLM logo?

Probably going with Ottawa. Mexico and Miami are up there as well though.

Before the season I think I said 90 or so, but with the start I've had, 100+ is the goal.

I'd like us to play better as a unit, as we've been struggling lately. Personally, maybe more hits would be nice.

Campaign hard for a new logo. The current MIS one is the bottom of the barrel in terms of VHLUniverse logos.

1. We traded two new players in this week for 1st and 4th round picks in the next two drafts. Do you think these trades were worth the price?

2. Do you already think of your next player and if yes, what position, build would you like to approach?

3. Are you already excited for the draft?

4. If you were given 10 free TPE what would you spend them on?

5. What place do you think we will end after the regular season?

6. Do you have a favourite for the Founder's Cup (winner of the VHLM, and it is okay to not say 'Hounds')? 

1. I think it was a smart decision. I think this because we are already an amazing team and now he got another 1st rounder we will get another solid player that will help out the team.

2. Yes. I think I will be a goalie.

3. I am very excited. I actually in it.

4. I would spend 5 on leader ship and 5 on scoring.

5. I think we will end in first.

6. I do not as of now sadly.

1. I think it was a good addition. I'm not sure if we really want picks instead of players with how the team is playing, but I think it was alright. edit: i misread it yes it was a good trade, its good to stock up on players this year to go far

2. I have no clue. I just started my second a few weeks ago so I'm focused on now.

3.Yeah, I definitely am,

4. I'd put 5 into passing and 5 into scoring.

5. 2nd in our division

6. I dunno, i think were looking pretty good! I would say we have a good chance

Edited by GrittyIsKing

On 12/17/2021 at 9:14 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. We traded two new players in this week for 1st and 4th round picks in the next two drafts. Do you think these trades were worth the price?

2. Do you already think of your next player and if yes, what position, build would you like to approach?

6. Do you have a favourite for the Founder's Cup (winner of the VHLM, and it is okay to not say 'Hounds')? 

1. Yes it was definitely worth, I mean that McMuffin guy is pretty good xD. Without joking I'm not sure but I think it could be worth it depending on how far we'll come and what the new players can contribute to the team.

2. Yes I already think of my next player and I think I'm gonna build an big shutdown D-Man.

3. Yes, my friend is draft eligible so I'm excited where he is gonna land

4. PH to 75

5. I could see us getting 3-4.

6. I think the big favourite is ottawa but I'M going with Vegas, because we already saw last season an little upset. 

On 12/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, Daniel Janser said:

Honestly think he could have gotten a better deal at the right timing but nonetheless the addition still helps and if we make it to the finals the price paid will surely decrease

No, next time I retire expect a small break from building, wont be long but want to get myself in another generations draft class

No, I'm always super late with scouting and there's so many names to pick from it gives me anxiety, only when my pick is selected I get excited, back to nervous, excited again.. It's a roller coaster

Would spend it on one of my teammates or put it into the bank for future upgrades

3rd place but very close to 2nd

Honestly the win in Ottawa was a storybook for me and can't really think of any others.. Maybe Miami in S74? That was my draft year and I do remember the battle they had during the playoffs

1. I tend to oppose trading high draft picks.

2. I hardly think of my next week, let alone player.

3. I'm just taking the season as it comes.

4. Right now? Puck handling. Now gimme gimme gimme!

5. Second in the conference.

6. The Bucs.

Mississauga Pressconference:

1. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this season?

2. What is a best way to celebrate a victory?

3. What position are you hoping/expecting for to go in your draft (either VHLM/VHLE/VHL)?

4. Judging by the presents your player got for Christmas, has he/she been on the naughty or the nice list?

5. What are your thoughts on the multis which were revealed during the past week?

6. Are you happy with the build of your player or do you regret some decision you made during your career sofar?

On 12/26/2021 at 3:34 PM, Daniel Janser said:

3. What position are you hoping/expecting for to go in your draft (either VHLM/VHLE/VHL)?

4. Judging by the presents your player got for Christmas, has he/she been on the naughty or the nice list?

5. What are your thoughts on the multis which were revealed during the past week?

6. Are you happy with the build of your player or do you regret some decision you made during your career sofar?

1. Same thing I do every season, Pinky: try to take over the world.

2. Silently go back to the locker room and give my coach a firm handshake.

3. I'll probably go in the late second round.

4. James Teekirque is never naughty!

5. First they came for the multis and I said, "Good, screw multis."

6. Very pleased, so far.

1. I’m not a personal goals kinda guy, I’m just mostly looking to go for the cup, that’s my goal.

2. Going back to the dressing room, with the b’ys and blasting tunes

3.to be honest just hoping the team I go to has nice people there.

4. the only naughty list I’m on is my opponents

5. Idk what that is, sorry.

6. Very happy, going for a well balanced D man

1. What personal goal would you like to achieve this season?

Reach my 200 points and get even more score points.

2. What is the best way to celebrate a victory?

A cold beer and chicken nuggets ....

3. Which position do you hope / expect for your draft (either VHLM / VHLE / VHL)?

Defensive defender in the extended roster

4. Judging by the gifts your player received for Christmas, was he / she on the list of naughty or nice people?

As a defender you do something wrong if you are counted among the "nice guys".

5. What do you think of the multinationals revealed in the last week?

Hmm, I didn't care enough about that to have an opinion.

6. Are you satisfied with the figure of your player or do you regret a decision you have made in your career so far?

Defensive defender was my goal and I think he does the job well.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:34 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1 45 points

2 Sleep

3 Late 1st round/ early 2nd

4 N-ice, n-ice baby

5 I know its wrong and against the CoC, but I dont think it deserves a severe punishment, or you should at least be able to pick which multi to keep.

6 very pleased

Edited by GrittyIsKing

On 12/26/2021 at 9:34 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. score most GW's of missisauga in the playoffs and be near or over point per game.

2. concentrate on the next W.

3. I was already drafted last season.

4. naughty lol.

5. I don't have special thoughts on it I just hope that there are no important positions that multis are in.

6. I like my build so far.

1. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this season?

I said 90 points before the season, and smashed it! So I guess from here on out, winning at least a playoff series.

Hanging out with the boys after the game, doesn't really matter where.

Anything other than 1st overall would be a mistake for other teams. 

Vasile was on the nice list. He finally upgraded from a cage to a visor, thanks to santa.

Honestly surprised there are so many, you'd think they'd be checking that regularly. It's lame though. 

Yeah, I'm fine with my build. Hoping to add more CK once I can, to build the ultimate checking-scoring forward.

Press Conference for week ending 09.01.2022 (gee, already?)

1. We got a second breath in the playoffs against the Marlins, what do you think are our chances to go into the next round.

2. In line with the above; what do you think we need to change to kick San Diego out of the race?

3. What in your opinion did we right in the last match and need to hold on to, to proceed?

4. With the regular season finished and Draft approaching, let us know how you experienced your time with the Hounds.

5. We implemented the 'Bone of Destiny' for this season. What are your thoughts about it?

6. What could N0HBDY and I do, to make the Hounds an even better experience for you/new players?

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. We got a second breath in the playoffs against the Marlins, what do you think are our chances to go into the next round.

2. In line with the above; what do you think we need to change to kick San Diego out of the race?

3. What in your opinion did we right in the last match and need to hold on to, to proceed?

4. With the regular season finished and Draft approaching, let us know how you experienced your time with the Hounds.

5. We implemented the 'Bone of Destiny' for this season. What are your thoughts about it?

6. What could N0HBDY and I do, to make the Hounds an even better experience for you/new players?

1. I give us 30%. Hard to come back when there's no room for error, but we had their number this season.

2. It's not very fair, but in an elimination situation, I would scale down the ice time for waivers.

3. Put the puck on net.

4. This has been my best current LR. You guys are doing a great job.

5. Oh, I think you know.

6. Don't fix what ain't broken.

1. I think our chances are high. I never gave up and I told the boys to not give up and right now it’s working. 
2. I think we need to just stay aggressive. 
3. we scored a lot which is what we need to do in the next game.

4. As a rookie I had an amazing time with the hounds and Ik mmm excited to enter this draft.

5. I like it. That’s all I got to say about it.

6.just keep doing what you guys are doing. I had a fun time. 

Well, seeing as we have lost to the Marlins in 6, I would say our chances are currently 0%.

We needed to control the play better. Blowing leads, and falling behind before we even settle into the game killed us. We've got young players here, it happens.

We got the puck on the net by any means necessary. When you're behind, you can't be fancy, just shoot, and chances will come from there.

I really enjoyed it! Thank you to the hounds management, fans, and of course, my teammates, for making my stay enjoyable and memorable.

I like it, it makes sure people are looking at games, and is a small reward. It is hard though when people don't know who each person is, and when the user does not have discord.

I know it's a tall ask, but I'd like to see some team graphics/game day posters/jerseys etc. 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:54 AM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Currently 0%

2. we needed to score more, and create more chances

3. I think that we did what i said above better, but we did take great shots.

4. I had a great time here! thank you for offering me a deal and supporting my player through its subpar season lol.

5. I thought it was a good idea, it was a good amount of pressure tho to pick if you missed seeing it.

6. Maybe a forum lr? just a thought.

1. Would you rather be league MVP or win a cup?

2. There is a button that will make you win the cup, but every season you push it, all of your teammates go inactive. Will you push it?

3. Do you like how your player build has started or are you going to change up your plans?

4. Is there any team you absolutely don't want to draft you?

5. Should the Hounds sign Evander Kane?

6. Tell me something I don't know.