Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

Missisauga Hounds Press Conference

1. We performed good recently, do you think its gonna last?

2. Do you think we have the potential to jump a bit up in the standings (we:69P, HFX:77P[next team ahead])

3. we signed some new players recently, do you think its gonna help?

4. What is the best VHLM team and why is it missisauga?

5. What do you think of the bone of destiny

6. Are you interested in the hockey WC? If yes who are you rooting for?

21 hours ago, Ente2997 said:

2. Do you think we have the potential to jump a bit up in the standings (we:69P, HFX:77P[next team ahead])

1. I think it can always continue. We’ve got the depth to perform.

2. If we keep winning, anything can happen.

3. Absolutely. Anybody who can draw into the lineup will be a factor for future games.

4. The Hounds have HEART! LFG!

5. I love the bone of destiny. It’s a good way to build locker room chemistry.

6. Somewhat. I love that Krejci and Pastrnak are together again but I’m rooting for Canada.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, Ente2997 said:

1. Yep, we're just getting started.

2. Yes, we've been so hot lately that even though it's getting late in the season we can still catch some of the teams ahead of us.

3. Yes, be able to roll the lines and keep everyone fresh.

4. We've got me, which is good, but now we've got @Phil which is great.

5. It's awesome, it's a fun way to encourage locker room activity.

6. O Canada baby

On 5/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, Ente2997 said:

1. Sincerely hope so (especially during the playoffs)

2. Making the playoffs is all that matters, we need to be able to beat any playoff team anyway if we want to win the Founders Cup.

3. Absolutely. They are enthusiastic newcomers like Viperar of Veterans like Phil and ColeMrtz who are an asset to any team.

4. Because we get boned on a daily basis ;)

5. I brought it to this locker room from Philly, so of course I 150% support it.

6. Yes, but do not watch the games so far. And Switzerland all the way.

1. After a bit of a skid to end the season, the Hounds are playing the San Diego Marlins in the first round of the playoffs. Do you like our chances?

2. Who is going to win the VHLM championship this season?

3. How do you feel about your players' performance now that the regular season is behind us?

4. Erik Finck and Sax Justice were tied for the team lead in Bones of Destiny in the regular season, but now the slate is clean - who do you think is going to be our Most Valuable Boner in the playoffs?

5. Any predictions for what your player is going to do/achieve next season?

6. Have you been watching the Stanley Cup playoffs? Who's going to win the Cup?

2 minutes ago, Eso said:

1. After a bit of a skid to end the season, the Hounds are playing the San Diego Marlins in the first round of the playoffs. Do you like our chances?

2. Who is going to win the VHLM championship this season?

3. How do you feel about your players' performance now that the regular season is behind us?

4. Erik Finck and Sax Justice were tied for the team lead in Bones of Destiny in the regular season, but now the slate is clean - who do you think is going to be our Most Valuable Boner in the playoffs?

5. Any predictions for what your player is going to do/achieve next season?

6. Have you been watching the Stanley Cup playoffs? Who's going to win the Cup?

1. I like our chances. The playoffs are a whole different beast and we can bounce back.

2. The Hounds! #ReleaseTheHounds

3. I'm really happy with how my player performed. I got lots of scoring while being able to upgrade my defensive ratings.

4. I'm confident in my performance, but I can see Akio Suzuki be the team's MVP this postseason.

5. I'm likely going to be heading to the VHLE with the Bratislava Watchmen.

6. I have been. Since my team is out, I predict Tampa Bay to 3peat. 

• 1 month later...

1.  What are your hopes and expectations for the team in the new season?
2.  What are your hopes and expectations for your player in the new season?
3. How do you think about your new teammates?
4. What's your opinion on the stanley cup playoffs looking back?
5.  Who is your favourite hockey player irl?
6. What is your favourite hockey team irl?

10 hours ago, Ente2997 said:

1.  What are your hopes and expectations for the team in the new season?
2.  What are your hopes and expectations for your player in the new season?
3. How do you think about your new teammates?
4. What's your opinion on the stanley cup playoffs looking back?
5.  Who is your favourite hockey player irl?
6. What is your favourite hockey team irl?

1) I'm only new to the league, but the Hounds seem to be doing really well in the standings thus far. Hopefully we can keep this up!

2) I'm hoping to see my player rise in the draft rankings this season, optimistically into the first round

3) I am one of the new teammates! Looking forward to working with everybody

4) The Avs were dominant, and that Toronto/Tampa series was a banger. This year was the most exciting playoffs in a while. Looking forward to this type of electric playoff hockey moving forward

5) Bit of a strange sleeper pick, but Lukas Dostal of the Anaheim Ducks. Guy is a FUN goaltender.

6) The Anaheim Ducks. It's been tough for a while, but we're seeing some bright spots now.

• 2 months later...

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

1. What are your goals for your player in S85?

2. We obviously won't be super competitive this season. How do we make the most of the season?

3. What is your favorite VHLM logo/branding?

4. Who do you think is the favorite to win the VHLM this season?

5. How did you first discover the VHL?

6. What is the latest movie you have watched?

Edited by a_Ferk

4 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. What are your goals for your player in S85?

I have a goal to be in the leaders bored a for points and hopefully have a solid season all around

2. We obviously won't be super competitive this season. How do we make the most of the season?

use it as a building season and just earn tpe grow for our futures 

3. What is your favorite VHLM logo/branding?

my favourite logo would have to be Mexico.. I enjoy the look and style of their logo 

4. Who do you think is the favorite to win the VHLM this season?

id say Ottawa lynx, Miami or the reapers

5. How did you first discover the VHL?

a friend actually mentioned it too me and I took a chance and came too love it 

6. What is the latest movie you have watched?

”3 from hell” by rob zombie 

1. With the start of the season being (mildly said) rather disappointing, do you think its gonna get a bit better later

2. Despite the not performing good, do you like your time here?
3. How do you feel about your personal performance so far?
4. Rank in order(vhl related): discord, forum, portal
5. Whats your favourite irl sports team?

6. Who's your favourite irl sportsman?

4 hours ago, Ente2997 said:

1. With the start of the season being (mildly said) rather

disappointing, do you think its gonna get a bit better later

i think if we could get a few more free agents we could turn it around.

2. Despite the not performing good, do you like your time here?

yeah I enjoy it it’s a very relaxed environment.
3. How do you feel about your personal performance so far?

I was expecting a bit more but still Not bad!
4. Rank in order(vhl related): discord, forum, portal

discord, portal, forum 
5. Whats your favourite irl sports team? It has too be the Toronto maple leafs even though they always lose first round lol

6. Who's your favourite irl sportsman? Connor bedard I love watching him Play in the world juniors 

1. What do you think of the new rule change for the VHLM? (this post) https://vhlforum.com/topic/127541-draft-pick-holding-rule-update/

2. What further change would you make to the VHLM, if any?

3. Who do you think will win the Founder's Cup this season?

4. What is your favorite recent song?

5. Are you excited for the upcoming NHL season?

6. If you could visit anywhere on earth, where would it be?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:35 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. What do you think of the new rule change for the VHLM? (this post) https://vhlforum.com/topic/127541-draft-pick-holding-rule-update/

I think the rule will help with drafts and make for more even matched teams.

2. What further change would you make to the VHLM, if any?

I honestly really enjoy the vhlm and I think it’s ran really well I don’t think there’s anything i would change. 

3. Who do you think will win the Founder's Cup this season?

to be honest I’m assuming this is like the cup for the vhlm if so miami will if it’s not that then I don’t have a clue😂 

4. What is your favorite recent song? “Her song” by MGK

5. Are you excited for the upcoming NHL season?

I don’t watch hockey much but I am excited to watch Toronto it’s a fun rollarcoaster being a leafs fan

6. If you could visit anywhere on earth, where would it be?

I would want to go see Australia 🇦🇺 

• 1 month later...

1. What are your thoughts on being draft to Mississauga?

2. What did you think of your player's performance last season?

3. What are your player goals for this season?

4. The D.C. Dragons won their first Continental Cup. Do you think this is shocking?

5. What attribute do you think your player needs to work on?

6. What is your opinion on skim/0% milk? 

1. I’m glad to be here! I know that I can make a positive impact and make sure we have a better season than the last one.

2. He did not exist! 

3. Put up a lot of points and grow as a player.

4. Fuck the DC Dragons, they sent Jannik Nylen into retirement with a cup finals loss. Friggin pulled a Shea Weber instead of a Ray Bourque. Buncha jerks if you ask me.

5. Probably my puck handling. I put so much attention into scoring, passing, and skating that my puck handling is lacking.

6. Both suck in comparison to 2%

4 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. What are your thoughts on being draft to Mississauga?

4. The D.C. Dragons won their first Continental Cup. Do you think this is shocking?

1. I am very happy to help rebuild the locker room 

2. He didn't exist last season. He's doing OK in Juniors tho!

3. To just grow and prepare for the next level

4. I do not know enough about them to answer 

5. All of them really 

6. Milk is milk as long as it came from a cow 

1. We performed good recently, do you think its gonna last? I have no idea, this is my first time playing for this team, so we could be the best team in the league or suck for all I know. Hopefully it's the former.

2. Do you think we have the potential to jump a bit up in the standings (we:69P, HFX:77P[next team ahead]) Yes, we're going to be the sleeper of the entire VHL, guys are going to want to be us, girls are going to want to be with us.

3. we signed some new players recently, do you think its gonna help? I fully expect to replace the entire starting roster, that's how good the new players on the team. Fate has us highly skilled and loaded with talent.

4. What is the best VHLM team and why is it missisauga? See above. Also everyone on the team has a dick size of over 8 inches. Team photo proved that during media day.

5. What do you think of the bone of destiny I literally have no idea what this is but it sounds arousing and therefore I love it.

6. Are you interested in the hockey WC? If yes who are you rooting for? I'm interested in whatever it is that will help my team so....I don't know if I'm into this or not.

• 2 weeks later...

. What are your thoughts on being draft to Mississauga?

It's my first experience with the team. Admittedly I'm one of the shy guys in the corner just listening and learning to all the veterans around me, soaking in the knowledge. I don't need to be a loud voice in the room. The people seem cool. 

I thought it was great especially given I had no baseline or expectation. Just looking to help the team and to be coached. It all seems to be very mutually beneficial thus far. 

I have none. I've found in my life that the less expectations one has, the better. I'll look to be pleasantly surprised and continue to get better so that I can contribute, none of that is going to change.

I'd probably be more shocked if I had any idea who they are and why people thought it was shocking to begin with.

Everything . If you're not getting better you're getting worse.

Skim milk for the win. I can't even look at 2% milk anymore, might a well be a milkshake it's so thick.

After the first couple of games, what are your thoughts on:
1. The teams performance?

2. your Players performance?

3. the locker room atmosphere?

4. Whats your favourite Logo from every league?
5. Whos your favourite irl player?
6. whats your favourite irl team?

1. We’ve played well, a few bounces go a different way and our record is a lot better than it is right now.

2. I’ve got nothing to complain about, 2PPG is nothing to scoff at!

3. We’re a chill place, which I’m cool with. 

4. Aces, Watchmen, Legion

5. Carey Price, the reason I fell in love with Hockey.

6. Les Canadiens, for the above reason.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Has the team met your expectations this season?

2. What goals do you have for your player at this point of the season?

3. What player on the team has had the most surprising performance so far?

4. How has your favorite NHL team fared so far this season?

5. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving this week?

6. What is the greatest TV show of all time in your opinion?

. Has the team met your expectations this season? I had no expectations to be honest since I don't pay attention but apparently I'm 7th in points and the team is very competitive so that's good!

2. What goals do you have for your player at this point of the season? No goals or expectations. If my GM wants to give me som then sure! It's really up to my GM to tell me when to earn and what to put it into, and if he does that, he gets whatever he wants. If he doesn't, then I do nothing.

3. What player on the team has had the most surprising performance so far? Again I really have no idea. I hate that my responses sound like I don't care about how special this league is, it's not lost on me how special it is but I just don't have much interest in it other than getting my 2 affiliate TPE per month for SBA.

4. How has your favorite NHL team fared so far this season? I really don't follow regular season hockey. Playoff hockey is some of the most entertaining sports-watching one can do, though. I find myself cheering for all the Canadian teams.

5. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving this week? Sure am/did. Dominated food, alcohol, and watching a shit ton of sports.

6. What is the greatest TV show of all time in your opinion? Hard to say, could easily make the case for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things. Classics like Seinfeld will never get old. 

1. We have 10 points in our last 10 games and we're slipping a bit in the standings. Do you think that is cause for concern?

2. Our top defenseman Big B is leading the league in hits currently, do you think he finishes the season in first?

3. The season is nearly at the halfway point, do you think we're exceeding our expectations this season? (We finished dead last in the previous season, currently 5th)

4. Second liners Austin Goulet and Steve Lattimer are currently 5th and 8th in league points. Do you think the first line producing less is a concern?

5. What is your opinion on pineapple on pizza?

6. Who do you think the greatest athlete of all time is, not just in his own sport, but in any of them?

1. We have 10 points in our last 10 games and we're slipping a bit in the standings. Do you think that is cause for concern? I think malaise is typical for a lot of teams but the goal is to never let that sink in and take over the culture and energy of the team. So let's snap out of it, we're certainly better than our last 10 games have otherwise shown.

2. Our top defenseman Big B is leading the league in hits currently, do you think he finishes the season in first? Definitely. Big B is an enforcer. He's also known as Julio Franco in the locker room, that's all you need to know about how much of a man he is.

3. The season is nearly at the halfway point, do you think we're exceeding our expectations this season? (We finished dead last in the previous season, currently 5th) Exceeding certainly, thanks to good coaching, an active locker room, and guys who are putting the time in between games to get better. The trajectory is only going up for this squad. 

4. Second liners Austin Goulet and Steve Lattimer are currently 5th and 8th in league points. Do you think the first line producing less is a concern? No, just means Lattimer is ready for first line. haha just kidding, no i think it means first line is doing a good job showing us what we need as a 2nd line to produce. It's like that good leadoff hitter for a baseball team, sometimes it's not about getting on base, it's about getting the pitcher to show you what's in his arsenal to make it easier on the rest of the lineup.

5. What is your opinion on pineapple on pizza? Complete and utter abomination and anyone who prefers it should be put in front of a firing line.

6. Who do you think the greatest athlete of all time is, not just in his own sport, but in any of them? Just wrote something elsewhere about Monica Seles; not the greatest athletes of all time but certainly could have been if she hadn't gotten stabbed on the court. 8 grand slams as a teenager. She was well on her way.