Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm Back, Presser Time!

1) Has your player been meeting expectations this season?

Buddy has been a rocket out of the gate and then the booster fell off. Guy better fix himself and start being a goal scorer. 

2) Is the lack of active players on our team upsetting at all to you?

I mean, the more the merrier right? Hard to get the boys buzzin when there are very few boys to buzz.

3) Are you happy with your current ice-time?

What am I supposed to say, no? TOI is fine with me!

4) If you could make one change to the VHLM, what would it be?

Every team must have a minimum number of active players per team. 1 goalie, 2-3 D, 3-5 forwards.

5) Are you aiming to play in the VHLM, VHLE, or VHL next season?

I'm hoping I get drafted in both of the big dawgs and maybe pull the E by next season.

6) How has the management of the Hounds been this season?

Let's be honest, I haven't written 12 articles and made a twitter account about wanting to be traded yet so yeah, we rollin!

1) Has your player been meeting expectations this season?

I'm not completely satisfied with his defensive work yet. Block more shots and win more puck tackles.

2) Is the lack of active players on our team upsetting at all to you?

It's a shame, of course, that we don't have any more active players. But that is something that you cannot force or influence. Other teams are also struggling with this problem.

3) Are you happy with your current ice-time?

The player plays each game for almost 30 minutes. I cannot and may not ask for more. Otherwise one of his legs will fall off.

4) If you could make one change to the VHLM, what would it be?

Spontaneously, I can't think of anything clever.

5) Are you aiming to play in the VHLM, VHLE, or VHL next season?

Oh, I let myself be surprised. My goal has to be to get my player to 200 points. I hope I can spend more time farming points during my vacation.

6) How has the management of the Hounds been this season?

I am sure the manager is doing his best to make the team better with all the means at his disposal and to bring it back to the front.

• 2 weeks later...

HOUNDS PRESSER HYPE HYPE HYPE

1) What are your thoughts on seeing the Janser brothers leave?

2) Are you happy on this team, or would you rather be on another, more competent team?

3) Do you see us recruiting any waiver players?

4) Are you at all displeased with the management of the Hounds?

5) Is your player fluent in any other language?

6) If you were the GM of the Hounds for a day, what moves would you make?

@Hawk E@Gretzky didnt lift da puck

1) Are you impressed with your play so far?

2) Do you think that you will perform even better?

3) If you are drafted, will you go to the E next season? If not, where in the draft do you think you'll go?

4) What is your favorite NHL team?

5) Do you watch any European hockey?

6) How many awards will you win in your career?

• 5 weeks later...

Hounds Press conference

1. The Hounds went through a rough season last year. Do you think we can reach the playoffs in S81?

2. What goals (if any) have you set for your player?

3. Which NHL team is your favourite?

4. What is your favourite dish and why is it Pizza?

5. Have you set eyes on a VHL/E team you aspire to play for?

6. Do you have any suggestions what the management can do to make you feel at home within the Hounds ?

Edited by Daniel Janser

3 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press conference

1. The Hounds went through a rough season last year. Do you think we can reach the playoffs in S81?

6. Do you have any suggestions what the management can do to make you feel at home within the Hounds ?

1. I think that if everybody sticks to their gameplan and play with heart, we'd have a good chance at making a deep run this year.

2. As a rookie, giving my best every game and helping the team in every possible way would be my goal this year. Otherwise, a 10 goals season would be great.

3. I'd say the Montreal Canadiens is my favorite NHL team.

4. Pizza hahaha, i don't know, cause it's good.

5. As a russian, playing for Moscow Menace from the VHL would be a dream come true.

6. I think the management of this team is great as it is and i'll have a good time playing for the Hounds.

46 minutes ago, Mikayev Ivanovitch said:

5. As a russian, playing for Moscow Menace from the VHL would be a dream come true.

👀

Good thing your GM has pretty close ties to the Menace organization, being an alumni of the team!

Edited by Spartan

Hounds Press conference

1. The Hounds went through a rough season last year. Do you think we can reach the playoffs in S81?

With the right strategy and builds I think we can be competitive before they start

Hopefully because my rebounding is so high I'll be able to slow down the other teams offensive chances

I'm a big Ottawa fan but don't mind the Leafs oddly enough

Burritos all day, pizza is great but I eat it too much to give it the #1

Nope. One step at a time and only when the calls comes in, my interest gauge will fill up

I'm still new so not exactly sure but as long as we come together as a team we can do anything we put our mind to

Edited by 16z

17 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press conference

1. Of course m the VHLM changes fast, and if our draft class is diligent, we can do great things.

2. To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

3. Pittsburgh.

4. Because it is the perfect blend of protein, carb and vegetable.

5. No, I can't control where I get drafted, so why worry?

6. I'm pretty low maintenance, keep doing what you're doing.

I definitely think that if we all are on the same page and develop as a team, we have as good of a chance to make it as any.

Obviously making the hall of fame is always in the back of my mind. But I think for this player, I'd like to repeat what Dakota Lamb did - at least 1 cup, and 1 individual award.

The Bruins of Boston. LFG.

I guess pizza is the easy answer, eh? I can't say no to Pepperoni, Bacon, and BBQ sauce. But I also love sushi, definitely a toss up.

Unfortunately, pending any unforeseen circumstances, I won't be playing in the E. But Vasile would feel right at home on the Warsaw Predators. :war:

6. Do you have any suggestions what the management can do to make you feel at home within the Hounds?

Just post all TPE opportunities, talk about games, things like that. I'm not too fussy.

Hounds Press Conference

1. What do you think about getting your career started with the Hounds?

2. How do you plan to earn TPE this season?

3. How does your player define success?

4. Are you happy with your player's performance so far?

5. What team are you rooting for in the Olympics?

6. Who is your favourite NHL player?

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press Conference

1. I think it's great. We have a great start over the last couple of games, and team morale and chemestry is pretty high.

2. By answering these interviews, and weekly bonuses.

3. I'd define success as winning it all as a team. I don't think that stats are the most important thing, but winning the championship as a team is the ultimate achievement.

4. Yes, i think i had a great start to the season and plan on continuing that way.

5. Team Canada.

6. Connor Mcdavid

So excited! Mississauga is the closest VHL universe team to my IRL home, so happy to be close.

Every possible way. This is a speedrun to 700 TPE.

The easy thing to say is championships, but I think if we all play competitive hockey to the best of our ability, and have fun, that's success.

Absolutely. Vasile has been sniping left and right so far. I owe it all to the team, they've been dishing passes right on my tape.

Well, would I really be a Canadian if I said any country but Canada?! Can't wait to see Marchand - Bergeron - Crosby again.

Patrice Bergeron. Love the way he plays, a true leader and champion.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:53 PM, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press Conference

1. It's like they say: if the car's got gas, the horse can't pass.

2. I will be stealing it from small children.

3. My player doesn't believe in no-win scenarios.

4. Very.

5. USA

6. Evgeni Malkin

Hounds Press Conference

1. Do you think of having played ten times in a row against Miami and farming points does help us in the long run or is it going to bite us later in the season?

2. Do you think it is attractive for the league/players/managers to have played so many times against one franchise only?

3. What is your player doing during the Holiday season?

4. Do you consider to participate in this years charitiy auction?

5. So far we only had to release one player, what can we do that this remains the only one?

6. Are you happy with the amount of minutes your player is getting?

1 minute ago, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press Conference

1. Do you think of having played ten times in a row against Miami and farming points does help us in the long run or is it going to bite us later in the season?

2. Do you think it is attractive for the league/players/managers to have played so many times against one franchise only?

5. So far we only had to release one player, what can we do that this remains the only one?

1. I think it does help, every win counts, and we're on a good roll right now.

2. I dont think i see a problem with it, its pretty much the same thing in the playoffs, going up against the same team for lots of games.

3. Well, training to become the best player i can be while also spend time with my familly.

4. Umm i dont know what that is to be fair might wanna look this more in detail.

5. Give our 110% every game to try and look good in our gm's eye, i think would be the best option.

6. Yes, because i know im not the best player on the team, but can also put up a decent fight in the short minutes im getting per game.

its fine, we wouldve win anyway

its a bit meh but we'll get over it

migrating south

i'm doing a charity stream

win more games

i am

I think it helps the team's confidence for sure. I'd rather start off 10-0 than 0-10, no matter the opponents. 

It doesn't really matter. By the end of the season, it all balances out the way it should. It is a tough look for Miami fans however.

Going back home and spending time with family in Romania while the VHLM has it's holiday break. Excited to eat some pedaheh. 

Probably not in the auction, but I will definitely participate in the normal drive if it happens.

You can't really help if people go inactive or not, all you can do is support them, keep active yourself, etc etc. But good on the team and management we've only had one. 

Yes, very. Vasile still tops the team by TPE, so it makes sense haha. 

Edited by dlamb

On 12/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, Daniel Janser said:

Hounds Press Conference

@GrittyIsKing09you can do this pc for week ending December 5th

Hounds Press Conference

1. Definitely helps our self-confidence, thats very important.

2.  I don't see a problem with it.

3. Relaxing with her friends, safely

4. I'm offering something, but not buying anything.

5. Be smart with who we pick up, and keep them engaged so there is a lower chance of them becoming ia

6. I've only played 2 games so far, but yeah i am

Hounds Press Conference

1. I think it's good for us. It helps keep the new players active and puts us ahead, making other teams that might play Miami later less likely to try improve at the deadline.

2. No, I think it's not great, especially for Miami's players to get beaten up so many games in a row. It's tough, though, STHS just makes a schedule like that sometimes.

3. Religious holidays have long since been forgotten in The Federation.

4. I didn't realize we had one.

5. Keep winning, keep the LR active and positive.

6. Very.

descending in order of related-ness to the team

1. What is your favorite music artist?

2. What is your favorite kind of dog/hound

3. Best VHLM logo?

4. what is your points goal for your player this year?

5. What do you think of how we are doing so far? anything you want to improve upon?

6. If you were GM, what would your first move be?

1. What is your favorite music artist?

I like anybody that can sing as well as be creative. Soft rock or hip hop for me

2. What is your favorite kind of dog/hound

Always liked Huskies growing up because I had one but whenever getting a pitbull and blue tic hound.. My next dog is gonna be a smaller breed

3. Best VHLM logo?

Titans and Kings, Reign and Gladiators are my second favorites but the Lynx are very close to my heart and ranks #0

4. what is your points goal for your player this year?

Well I hope to stay above .900 save percentage and below 3 goals against.. Doesn't matter if I lead anything

5. What do you think of how we are doing so far? anything you want to improve upon?

I think my build worked out the way I wanted to and will continue that into the next league for sure, adjust if needed. Rebounding and reaction time all day!

6. If you were GM, what would your first move be?

Depending on if the team is rebuilding or not, stockpile some picks or make the right moves to maximum your chances 

Edited by 16z

1. I see us honestly winning it all and getting that cup.

2. Hulk cause it’s Hulk the man is a beast and he plays good offense as a defender. 
3. well I think Jack Hextall was a hood pick up and I think he will be a future talent for sure.

4. I think it shows talent in them and us cause we have been playing amazing this year and we are unstoppable.

5. well I guess coming from a rookie just meeting the team and talking to the buddies. 
6. I guess better communication with the team we need to all get together and go out for lunch or something during the week and in between games.