Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

1. Currently we are in first place. Did you expect that considering we finished 8th last season?

2. Individually nobody on the team has extremely impressive stats, but we are scoring across the board. Do you think that is contributing to our success?

3. Steve Lattimer and Hannibal Barca are currently tied for the team lead with 4 goals. Who do you think ends the season with more?

4. Jonny Elgar, the goalie we acquired in the 5th round of the draft is currently second in the league in save percentage. Do you think he will be be to the team what Austin Goulet was last season? (late round steal)

5. What's your prediction for where we are in the standings at the end of the season?

6. Do you expect your player to do better or worse than last season?

1. I knew we had a good shot, we have a great team.

2. We need production from everyone, so yeah the success I do think is from everyone contributing.

3. Austin goulet

4. I do he look fantastic in net

5. I think we’ll be top 3

6. Better but it’s been a rough start

1. I didn’t have any expectations coming into the season as I was focused on personal performance in my first year.

2. I think as a team we are contributing a lot and as a small team we are definitely thriving as playing as one solid unit.

3. Hannibal Barca 

4. I believe he will be a strong consistent goalie for our team.

5. I do believe we may end up in second or third as it’s too early to say we hold the lead forever. 
6. I have nothing to go by to past performance but I do feel I am performing well for my stats.

1. Currently we are in first place. Did you expect that considering we finished 8th last season? Have no expectations so that's cool I guess.

2. Individually nobody on the team has extremely impressive stats, but we are scoring across the board. Do you think that is contributing to our success? Probably, the whole should be greater than the sum of its parts in order to be a championship caliber team.

3. Steve Lattimer and Hannibal Barca are currently tied for the team lead with 4 goals. Who do you think ends the season with more? Didn't know I was tied for team lead, don't know what I'm investing in, so let's go Hannibal.

4. Jonny Elgar, the goalie we acquired in the 5th round of the draft is currently second in the league in save percentage. Do you think he will be be to the team what Austin Goulet was last season? (late round steal) Yeah that sounds about right as long as he continues to update.

5. What's your prediction for where we are in the standings at the end of the season? 1st place naturally

6. Do you expect your player to do better or worse than last season? Had no idea how i did last season and no idea how i'm doing this season as no one really tells me what's going on so sure let's go ahead and say I'll be better

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

1. Hannibal Barca is second in the league in points, but he's 11 behind first. Even though it's early in the season do you think it will be hard to catch him?

2. Do you consider your player an offensive player, defensive, or a mix of both?

3. Which team would you consider our biggest rivals?

4. What has to happen for you to consider our season a success? 

5. Austin Goulet received the first star in game 94 against Halifax. Do you think that will be good for his confidence moving forward?

6. In one week we play Mexico City again, and currently their only loss is against us. Do you think we can beat them again?

On 2/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, a_Ferk said:

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

1. Hannibal Barca is second in the league in points, but he's 11 behind first. Even though it's early in the season do you think it will be hard to catch him?

2. Do you consider your player an offensive player, defensive, or a mix of both?

3. Which team would you consider our biggest rivals?

4. What has to happen for you to consider our season a success? 

5. Austin Goulet received the first star in game 94 against Halifax. Do you think that will be good for his confidence moving forward?

6. In one week we play Mexico City again, and currently their only loss is against us. Do you think we can beat them again?

.1 I think 11 pants is a decent amount but I’ve seen crazier things happen

.2 as a dmen I like to be defensively responsible yet produce  and help out the offense .

.3 I would have to say miami

.4 lead the dmen in points and atlas advance to the 3rd rd 

.5 yes it will

.6 yes we can 

1. Is there anything you don't understand or want to know more about in the VHL?

2. What type of player build are you going for?

3. Where do you think Mississauga will end up in the end of the season?

4. How will the playoffs fare out for the team?

5. The Hounds are a very impressive team with no player under a point per game (only team in the VHLM currently to accomplish this), but who would you name as the current MVP of the team?

6. Have you been contacted by any VHLE or VHL GM's about the next draft? If not, where and what round do you think you may end up going?

39 minutes ago, Hogan said:

1. Is there anything you don't understand or want to know more about in the VHL?

2. What type of player build are you going for?

3. Where do you think Mississauga will end up in the end of the season?

4. How will the playoffs fare out for the team?

5. The Hounds are a very impressive team with no player under a point per game (only team in the VHLM currently to accomplish this), but who would you name as the current MVP of the team?

6. Have you been contacted by any VHLE or VHL GM's about the next draft? If not, where and what round do you think you may end up going?

.1 No this is my second time arround

.2 puck moving solid defenseman .

.3 I think if we can add a piece or 2  at the trade deadline we can take it all

.4 I think we are a piece or 2 away

.5 Goulet

.6 I have already been drafted 

1. Hannibal Barca is second in the league in points, but he's 11 behind first. Even though it's early in the season do you think it will be hard to catch him? Hannibal Barca has the mind of Confucius the heart of William Wallace and the dick of Julio Franco. This guy's going to win the scoring title. 

2. Do you consider your player an offensive player, defensive, or a mix of both? I think offense because my coaches told me to get good at that but now I've been upping my checking game so the competition's about to catch a beating.

3. Which team would you consider our biggest rivals? I have no rivals. Only teams and players who think I'm their rivals. Guys want to be me. Girls want to be with me.

4. What has to happen for you to consider our season a success?  Win the whole. Fucking. Thing.

5. Austin Goulet received the first star in game 94 against Halifax. Do you think that will be good for his confidence moving forward? Huge confidence boost. All it takes is one. This guy's going to be a hall of famer.

6. In one week we play Mexico City again, and currently their only loss is against us. Do you think we can beat them again? The question is, do they think they'll ever be able to beat us? We have struck fear into the heart of our opponent, a fear so powerful and gripping that these players all might retire soon.

Answer 6 questions for 2 tpe. 12 questions so you can answer 2 seperetate times.

1. Whats your time favourite movie?
2. If you had to recast a member of that movie as your player who would it be?
3. The team has recently acquired some new players, how should the team welcome them?
4. What do you think the most underrated stat is?
5. What's your players favorite holiday and why?
6. Do you have a favourite part of the VHL yet?
7. Hockey sticks have been banned in the VHLM? What does your player use instead?
8. Do you have any other favorite sports?
9. Where are you from?
10. If you could move anywhere where would you choose?
11. What's next for your build in the league?
12. Do you have any big goals set for your career in the future?

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

Answer 6 questions for 2 tpe. 12 questions so you can answer 2 seperetate times.

3. The team has recently acquired some new players, how should the team welcome them?

1.) Back to the future, hands down. I love all three of them, but nothing beats the original. 

2.) Michael J. Fox. He was a crazy kid, that loved to take risks.

3.) Pizza Party and Ice Cream Floats. What better way to welcome a bunch of athletes than oodles of carbs and sugar!

4.) Speed. I wanna go fast, zoom, zoom.

5.) Perry's favorite holiday is mothers day. Perry loves his momma.

6.) How helpful, and willing the folks are here to help. Such a wonderful sight to see on an internet filled with tough guys and trolls. 

9 hours ago, Hogan said:

7. Hockey sticks have been banned in the VHLM? What does your player use instead?
9. Where are you from?

.1 Goodfellas

.2 for sure joe Pesce

.3we are glad for any help we can get

.4shot blocks

.54th of July because it’s summer 

.6 definitely the off season

.7 a broom

.8 no hockey is it

.9 Pittsburgh pa

.10 Colorado love the mountains 

.11  definitely want to work on my penalty’s and discipline 

.12 just keep producing

Phsyco

Deputy Sheriff Al Chambers

Pizza Discord Party

Poke Checking

Valentines Day because hes a ladies man

not yet im still discovering

Edited by D3X

a digeridoo 

Rugby

9. Where are you from?

Australia

Ottowa

Im not sure

Future Hall of Famer

1. Whats your time favourite movie? Too hard to say. Tropic Thunder would rank near the top of the list though.
2. If you had to recast a member of that movie as your player who would it be? Rub Tug Tuggernuts
3. The team has recently acquired some new players, how should the team welcome them? Throw a big ass party and get everyone laid
4. What do you think the most underrated stat is? saves. need a stopper back there.
5. What's your players favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Go apeshit on a bunch of food, great sports on television virtually weekend, binge drinking, there's nothing better in the world.
6. Do you have a favourite part of the VHL yet? I like the folks I'm playing for even if i have a hard time keeping my teams and teammates straight. But seems like I'm doing alright thanks to their tutelage and mentorship.

Maybe not my Absolute favorite, But i recently watched Brother Bear with my kids. And I love that movie!

Kenai, The one who becomes a bear.

3.Hockey sticks have been banned in the VHLM? What does your player use instead?

A very thick book. Hard yet sophisticated 

4. What's your players favorite holiday and why?

Midsummer. Beer, Food and the sun never settles.

5. Where are you from?

Southern Sweden

6.. If you could move anywhere where would you choose?

Hmm, I like where i live now. Maybe a year in the US would be fun.

Jurassic Park and The Princess Bride are classic go to movies.

Leo actually is the guy in the ROUS's suit.

Kegger?

Passing. You gotta be able to move the puck.

Christmas. It is the most wonderful time of the year.

Winning games is why we are here. I'm excited to see what this team can do with our improved backend.

On 2/19/2023 at 2:50 PM, Hogan said:

- Favourite all-time movie has long been Schindler's List but I also have several movies on my watch list that I have not been able to get to, that are long considered classics of the film industry.

- While most would say Liam Neeson, I see more Ralph Fiennes as a good older representation of Viktor Jensen.

- Hopefully with open arms and not so much hazing, but it's professional sports, so probably some blend between the two.

- Faceoff Percentage.  Seems very overlooked by the general VHL media, but a team with great players on the dot, keep control of the puck and ultimately dictate the game.  That's a big part of what I want to bring to any team that I play for.

- I'm a Christmas guy.  While I don't enjoy the long build up, the week of Christmas is generally magical and I love seeing friends and family.

- The long history of the league has been my favourite part of the VHL since I came to it.

We play the game the way the ancestors intended, with tree branches as sticks and acorns as pucks.

Football. Or as you probably know it, soccer.

9. Where are you from?

Just outside of Lviv, Ukraine. Close to the Polish border.

Some place warm that still has a hockey team. Carolina is probably the ideal.

Keep spamming defensive coverage. I want to be able to cover ground to defend the ice to the best of my abilities.

Make the VHL as a strong penalty killing defender.

1. Hockey sticks have been banned in the VHLM? What does your player use instead?
2. Do you have any other favorite sports?
3. Where are you from?
4. If you could move anywhere where would you choose?
5. What's next for your build in the league?
6. Do you have any big goals set for your career in the future?

1. Jensen would use an umbrella obviously.

2. Baseball is my favourite sport.  Basketball and Hockey are my other two.  I still enjoy the majority of sports (avid watcher of TFC, Tottenham, NFL, Tennis and Golf).  If we count wrestling, AEW 100%.

3. Jensen - Lillehammer, Norway  Advantage - Born in Kingston, Ontario. Raised and Currently Living in Trenton, Ontario

4. I'm fairly happy where I am.  But if family wasn't a concern (or if I could take them with me), I would love to live in Italy or Greece.  Otherwise, there was a time where I definitely wanted to move out to New Brunswick to be closer to friends and enjoy a fairly cheaper living situation.  

5. I want Jensen to start off as more of a two-way player that can win faceoffs.  Ultimately, he's so early on in development that my focus is purely on just getting his core stats up at this point.

6. I'd love to have another Hall of Fame player but I haven't won many Continental Cups, so that would be my main focus.

1. Are you excited for the playoffs?
2. If this is your first playoff experience, what do you expect? If you've been here before what do you tell the young guys to help them out?
3. Take a guess at how Mississauga will do in these playoffs.
4. How should the team cheer up Woolfenden after barely missing out on the 100 point mark?
5. Who was our MVP this season?
6. Who's going to be our playoff MVP?

Hell Yes! Although the first two games haven't been our strongest outings, I believe in our squad to make some noise.

2. If this is your first playoff experience, what do you expect? If you've been here before what do you tell the young guys to help them out?

I expect the tempo, the intensity and most of all the physicality to increase. if we’re gonna win games we need to battle hard for it.

Conference Final.

4. How should the team cheer up Woolfenden after barely missing out on the 100 point mark?

making sure he becomes playoff-MVP

Woolfenden

woolfenden

On 3/2/2023 at 7:47 PM, Hogan said:

1. I was before we sadly got defeated.  Was a closer series than it appeared but unfortunately we could never grasp that momentum after our pitiful game one.

2. I feel like I was most expecting some nerves and sadly that did indeed happen.  I thought I played an ok game one despite the score, but it was tough to get loose after that one.  I felt I got better as the series went on relying on my faceoff ability down the stretch of the series.

3. Probably a first round knockout sadly.

4. I'm sure he's fine given his absolutely great season.  Maybe we will treat him to a steak dinner.

5. Pretty hard to bet against Laakky on this one.  Dude shredded the league.

6. Definitely not me.  Tough to answer this now but I felt like I would have expected Laakky or our goalie.

1. Sadly we lost in the playoffs, what do you think went wrong?

2. What will your player be doing this offseason?

3. What's next for you in the VHL?

4. What does your player eat before every game?

5. What do your teammates think about this pre-game meal?

6. Would you ever have any interest in getting a job in the VHL, ex. GM ,AGM, Updater etc. If you already have/had one, would you be interested in getting another?

1. Sadly we lost in the playoffs, what do you think went wrong?

Just lost to the better team. I am happy we were able to win a game. I'm excited to see what happens next season.

2. What will your player be doing this offseason?

Probably just hang around the area and work out a little.

3. What's next for you in the VHL?

I am excited to head to the VHLE and see what we can accomplish there. Leo will be a solid depth PK guy, but I don't think his minor league offense will translate to the next level.

4. What does your player eat before every game?

Keep it simple. Protein and a veggie. Usually grill up some chicken, broccoli or asparagus are a favorite side.

5. What do your teammates think about this pre-game meal?

Kind of strange that it is always different and not to carb heavy. Despite being a large body Leo likes to try to play light and move around the ice as fast as possible.

6. Would you ever have any interest in getting a job in the VHL, ex. GM ,AGM, Updater etc. If you already have/had one, would you be interested in getting another?

Not really, I am just here to kill a little time and see if I can finally have a meaningful VHL career. I've washed out before with Wesley Babiy and Ryan Hartman. Hopefully Leo will stick around.