Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

Missisauga Hounds Press Conference

1. The team hasn't looked super good lately, can we still get out of no man's land?
2. How would you describe your season so far (4 words max)?

3. How would you describe the locker room atmospheare?

4. What you favourite flag in the world (country, state etc.)?

5. Whats the most underrated abitlity to have in hockey? (for me it's getting lost on offense for example)

6. How was/is your favourite subject in school?

1 hour ago, Ente2997 said:

1. The team hasn't looked super good lately, can we still get out of no man's land?
2. How would you describe your season so far (4 words max)?

3. How would you describe the locker room atmospheare?

4. What you favourite flag in the world (country, state etc.)?

5. Whats the most underrated abitlity to have in hockey? (for me it's getting lost on offense for example)

6. How was/is your favourite subject in school?

1. I'm sure we can, but the fact that we did so well after what happened last season is very respectable

2. A season of growth

3. Pretty friendly, but understandably a bit quiet

4. Ether the US or Canadian flag

5. Not too sure, but maybe the ability to not get too nervous in the clutch

6. Ether reading or chemistry

1. Absolutely, I believe this group is just going through a rough patch and is going to get it together.

2. He shoots, he scores!

3. A little bummed, but a great place to be.

4. The Quebec Flag. Simple but perfect.

5. Hockey IQ. Knowing when to do certain things on the ice like make passes, pinch, back check, etc.

6. History. Only class I ever managed to get a perfect score in a class in. I’m also a huge history nerd, as my player Hannibal Barca would indicate.

1. The team hasn't looked super good lately, can we still get out of no man's land? We haven't looked good? I hope Lattimer hasn't contributed to that. Sounds like I need to step up and grow a pair.
2. How would you describe your season so far (4 words max)? I. Have. No. Idea. 

3. How would you describe the locker room atmospheare? Seems quite good, active, but admittedly I'm on the edges, i have many commitments and so i don't spend as much time there as i probably should. Seems cool though. Everyone seems to get along.

4. What you favourite flag in the world (country, state etc.)? I did a country report on Argentina when I was growing up so I've always been mildly partial to their flag.

5. Whats the most underrated abitlity to have in hockey? (for me it's getting lost on offense for example) Moving the defense with your eyes. Same with hockey as it is in basketball or football.

6. How was/is your favourite subject in school? I had no favorite subjects, I hated school. Ironically my favorite subject in college became my minor - Education.

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

1. We recently added Jasper Davis and Francesco Mancini to our forward group. Do you think this will help remedy our lack of scoring recently?

2. There are 6 games left until playoffs and we're in 6th. We currently have a one point difference to both 5th place and 8th place. Do you think securing 5th would be important?

3. What do you believe is the biggest strength of our team at the moment?

4. What is your favorite VHL point task?

5. Have you completed all of your Christmas shopping yet?

6. What is your opinion on egg nog?

10 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. We recently added Jasper Davis and Francesco Mancini to our forward group. Do you think this will help remedy our lack of scoring recently?

2. There are 6 games left until playoffs and we're in 6th. We currently have a one point difference to both 5th place and 8th place. Do you think securing 5th would be important?

3. What do you believe is the biggest strength of our team at the moment?

4. What is your favorite VHL point task?

5. Have you completed all of your Christmas shopping yet?

6. What is your opinion on egg nog?

1. God I fucking hope so.

2. Always important to secure a higher spot, unless you’re intentionally bad (eyes last year’s “team”)

3. Teamwork. We work together really well, bounces just don’t always go our way. 

4. Graphics, especially now that I’m not totally dogshit at making them!

5.  Thankfully yes, though damn that was expensive…

6. Disgusting. I don’t care if it’s a tradition, it takes like garbage. Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people anyways.

1. I might be a little biased but I think so. Jasper is already proving to be a critical player, with a goal every game so far.

2. I'm sure it would be. Facing a team similar to us I'm sure would be beneficial in the playoffs, should we make it.

3.  I can't say I've been here long enough to say, though our chemistry has been promising.

4. So far, graphics, though thats... the only one I've done.

5. Yes, honestly I'm the type of person to wait until the last minute. Very happy I didn't.

6. Never had it, can't have an opinion on it really.

1. We're down in the series 2-0 to San Diego. Is that too big of a hill to climb?

2. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup?

3. What is more important to you, personal success or team success?

4. What is your favorite type of salad dressing?

5. What is your favorite NHL/hockey team?

6. McDavid is pretty unanimously the best player in the world, but who do you think is the second best?

1. Nothing is insurmountable in my opinion, but this is... quite hard to surmount.

2. Mexico City Kings

3. Team success, as long as the team plays well, I'm happy.

4. Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar, "Italian" dressing is heresy.

5. Los Angeles Kings

6. Leon Draisaitl, the butter to McDavid's bread.

3 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. We're down in the series 2-0 to San Diego. Is that too big of a hill to climb?

2. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup?

3. What is more important to you, personal success or team success?

4. What is your favorite type of salad dressing?

5. What is your favorite NHL/hockey team?

6. McDavid is pretty unanimously the best player in the world, but who do you think is the second best?

.1 HEy anything can happen, but it’s not looking good.

.2 I would definitely say San Diego has the best shot 

.3 A mixture of both I love to win but you work hard you wanna win 

.4 for sure ranch

.5 the Pittsburgh Penguins 

.6 for sure Sidney Crosby

1. We're down in the series 2-0 to San Diego. Is that too big of a hill to climb? - it's ironic because I play for San Diego in the SBA. That being said, I think a comeback is in the works. I hope.

2. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup? Whoever is most deserving. I think it's going to be that team. 

3. What is more important to you, personal success or team success? Really I think both are related, I'd love to contribute to team success. I've never been a guy who rides the pine and feels like I was part of something when I didn't do anything on the ice to contribute. So let's get both for Lattimer.

4. What is your favorite type of salad dressing? Thousand island dressing at times, otherwise just straight Italian i asbolutely love (and it's keto friendly)

5. What is your favorite NHL/hockey team? Washington Capitals but I'd be lying if i said i really cared about hockey. I loved the Canucks when they had the Sedins.

6. McDavid is pretty unanimously the best player in the world, but who do you think is the second best? Ovie? I mean let's just call him that since he's on the precipice of an insane milestone.

1. We got swept. Are you still satisfied with our teams performance this season?

2. How satisfied are you with your players performance this season?

3. How has been your time this season outside of the games (LR etc.)

4. Are you looking foward to next season?

5. Hows been christmas this year?

6. What do you wish for next year?

1. It stings, but it wasn't unexpected. I haven't been with the team for very long, but that slump towards the end of the season wasn't the best.

2. Again, haven't been in the league too long, didn't do anything remarkable in that time.

3. I've mainly just been figuring out how the league works and how best to improve.

4. Frankly just being able to get better as a player.

5. Pretty nice, hanging out with family was nice after a year in college.

6. Please dear god can we have a year were its somewhat normal and no BS happens? Like can we do that?

On 12/30/2022 at 1:45 AM, GioSivo said:

6. Please dear god can we have a year were its somewhat normal and no BS happens? Like can we do that?

Pretty sure that's not going to happen. If you're a history buff sometimes it is weirder than fiction.

1. Has the offseason felt really long to you, or is it just me?

2. Do you have any idea where your player will be playing next season?

3. What have you spent the 20 Christmas TPE on?

4. Who do you think wins the Founder's (VHLM) cup? San Diego is currently leading Ottawa 2-0.

5. Did you do anything interesting for New Year's?

6. What fast food place makes the best burger, in your opinion? I'm a five guys enjoyer, it is expensive though.

1. Has the offseason felt really long to you, or is it just me? I had no idea it was the offseason so I guess it felt fine? I have no idea how we even did as a team

2. Do you have any idea where your player will be playing next season? Not a clue. If someone wants to message me on discord and let me know, that'd be cool!

3. What have you spent the 20 Christmas TPE on? Don't know if there was a Christmas 20 TPE so no idea. Maybe i did claim it and just haven't done anything.

4. Who do you think wins the Founder's (VHLM) cup? San Diego is currently leading Ottawa 2-0. I think Ottawa is primed for a comeback. I hear everyone in the locker room is hung like Julio Franco. That equals comeback.

5. Did you do anything interesting for New Year's? Had COVID, laid low, girlfriend was feeling ill as well, so had some bourbon watched TV and had good eats.

6. What fast food place makes the best burger, in your opinion? I'm a five guys enjoyer, it is expensive though. Honestly Big Mac still takes the cake for me in terms of value for $ and quality of burger. Five Guys is good but a little overrated in my opinion, I always come away more excited by the idea of 5 Guys than the actual meal itself. In and Out is very very solid.

1. Yeah its felt pretty long.

2. I've got no idea at all, I'm not 100% sure where I lie in the draft ranking atm so I think its a toss up.

3. Offensive stats, I need to be able to produce more.

4. San Diego sweeps, you heard it here.

5. Lmao nope, I had to work :D

6. In N Out and it isn't even close. (No I'm not biased shhh)

• 2 weeks later...

1. The draft is coming up this Monday. Do you think this draft will give us the push we need to be a top 4 team?

2. We have the third overall pick. What position do you think we should draft?

3. Are you in any other sim leagues? If yes, which one would you say is your main league?

4. What was your most listened to song in 2022?

5. How has 2023 treated you so far?

6. What do you think distinguishes you from other players?

1. It would definitely be a push in the right direction. Any help is good help.

2. Forward, someone who can produce offensively.

3.  No, only in the VHL.

4. Probably Enemy by Imagine Dragons

5. Can't complain, nothing has really happened so far.

6. Italian. B)

1. The draft is coming up this Monday. Do you think this draft will give us the push we need to be a top 4 team? - i'm not sure. Am i still on the team? I have no idea. Don't even know what teams I'm on.

2. We have the third overall pick. What position do you think we should draft? Goalie. Goalie is the most important position in the history of hockey.

3. Are you in any other sim leagues? If yes, which one would you say is your main league? I'm in SBA and in a couple of others like NCBCA and NZCFL. SBA was my primary for a long time.

4. What was your most listened to song in 2022? I haven't checked my spotify but i imagine it was some country song as i love pop country.

5. How has 2023 treated you so far? Eh. Could be better could be worse. 

6. I do whatever my GMs tell me to do as long as they tell me directly. To some GMs that could be shitty, to some it could be found gold.

1. How do you think our draft went? We acquired 3 new forwards and have 2 solid forward lines now.

2. What are your player goals for this season?

3. What is your favorite/most enjoyable point task? (Any league)

4. What is your least favorite?

5. It looks like we will be starting the season with only 1 defenseman again this season. Do you think we should make a move to acquire one?

6. What do you think is key towards being selected highly in the draft?

1. I didn’t really pay attention to the draft, but I trust the Mother Ferker to do his job good. 

2. 100 points, and win a cup.

3. VHL.com graphics, I can do pretty much any stupid shit I want as long as it’s VHL related and I can get rewarded for it.

4. Probably podcasts. I refuse to do them because I’m self-conscious about my voice.

5. Probably, though some bots tend to be legends for absolutely no reason so we could let it ride.

6. Consistent earning. I probably would have gone higher if I was more dedicated to getting my graphics made each week instead of bumming welfare as often as I did.

1. How do you think our draft went? We acquired 3 new forwards and have 2 solid forward lines now.

I think the draft went well, I got picked 3rd overall and I’m just happy a team believes in me and my abilities as a player

my goal is simple, win the cup, it’s a team game and everyone is always on their A game 

graphics for sure

anything that involves a lot of writing because I get bored so easily 

5. It looks like we will be starting the season with only 1 defenseman again this season. Do you think we should make a move to acquire one?

I think we should see how the start of the season plays out and see if it’s a necessary decision 

I think the biggest key thing is presence in the locker room and showing an ability to really push the team forward and motivate everyone to be their best 

1. How do you think our draft went? We acquired 3 new forwards and have 2 solid forward lines now. As long as they don't cut into my playing time or my ability to contribute to the team then they're cool by me.

2. What are your player goals for this season? Win the whole. fucking. thing. I don't know, get some recognition for being good hopefully?

3. What is your favorite/most enjoyable point task? (Any league) The ones where I just click the buttons and points magically appear : )

4. What is your least favorite? The ones where I have to think about what i'm writing but these press conferences are great for me! Stream of conscience baby.

5. It looks like we will be starting the season with only 1 defenseman again this season. Do you think we should make a move to acquire one? You could always pivot my player's skill set to contribute more on the defensive end. I'm moldable. Mold me. 

6. What do you think is key towards being selected highly in the draft? Earning. Earning. More earning. And communicating so GMs feel comfortable taking a chance on you and vice versa.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:52 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. How do you think our draft went? We acquired 3 new forwards and have 2 solid forward lines now.

1. I think the draft was a success overall. We added depth to our existing team and brought some new faces to the game. 
2.I’d like to try to get 10 goals and 25 assists in my first year playing.

3.welfare lol, I’m slowly learning how to do more but time isn’t easy to come by always.

4.graphics are not something I’ve ever done or think I’ll ever do.

5.as long as it’s not me then I think adding another defence man would be beneficial. 
6. earning consistently and building a structured player with TPE that is slotted into categories that help reach the goals of question no2.