Phil Marleau Press Conference

Phil

1. I'll be the first to ask it in an official press conference: what inspired you to come back? 

2. Who are you happy to see still around here?

3. On the other hand, who are you sad to see has left?

4. For our newer guys (myself included): has the league changed much as a whole while you were away? If so, what happened, and do you like it?

5. Where do you see yourself ending up with your career, in both the VHLM and the VHL?

6. This past season's draft class was arguably the strongest the league has ever seen, and it's my opinion that this season's could be just as good. Do you think this will affect your chances of rising to the top?

@Phil

Welcome back, Phil!

1) Why did you go with the Marleau surname? Just because you are old as piss?

2) Which of the two expansion VHL teams (Moscow Menace or Malmo Nighthawks) do you like more? Criteria is up to you.

3) Will Phil Marleau be a HoFer at the end of his career?

4) Have you had a chance to use the new vhlportal system yet? Huge improvement to the old "update" procedure of forum posting or nah?

5) Who's going to win the Stanley Cup in the NHL this post-season and why is it the Colorado Avalanche?

ty

1.) What is the biggest positive change to the VHL you've noticed since you've been back?

2.) What is the biggest negative change to the VHL you've noticed since you've been back?

3.) What do you believe is Phil Marleau's potential?

4.) If you could bring back any inactive member from VHL history, who would it be?

5.) Will you ever be able to convince David to come back?

• Admin

1. I was in Toronto last October, shame I missed you. Sup?

2. There's so many people in this league now, ever thought you'd see the day?

3. Ever think you're gonna remember who all the newbies are? I literally have no idea half the time.

4. Thoughts on the two new teams in the VHL?

5. What flavour ice cream are you?

1) What do you think are some of your career goals?

2) How do you foresee your player developing?

3) Are there any specific teams you'd like to play for?

4) How do you think your VHL experience will help you going forward?

5) What are you looking forward to the most about this first season back?

6) Do you prefer to have the additional expansion teams or the way it was back in the day?

7) How important do you think physicality is in today's speed-based game?

8] What are you not looking forward to for your first year?

9) What do you think will be your player's biggest strength?

10) What will be your player's biggest weakness?

On 4/24/2019 at 8:19 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'll be the first to ask it in an official press conference: what inspired you to come back? 

2. Who are you happy to see still around here?

3. On the other hand, who are you sad to see has left?

4. For our newer guys (myself included): has the league changed much as a whole while you were away? If so, what happened, and do you like it?

5. Where do you see yourself ending up with your career, in both the VHLM and the VHL?

6. This past season's draft class was arguably the strongest the league has ever seen, and it's my opinion that this season's could be just as good. Do you think this will affect your chances of rising to the top?

@Phil

1. In all honesty, it was the VHLm Expansion. When I left, the VHL was contacting and there was talk of getting rid of the VHLm all together. So to hear that the VHLm was expansion basically told me that the league was doing very well. So I decided to try my luck once more. I recently got married so now that I've adjusted to this style of living, it seems like as good a time as any to make a comeback! Also, my wife is from Mississauga, so having an expansion team there must be a sign!!

2. Honestly, everyone who is here when I left, I am happy to see. I'm surprised to still see some members around: @Victor @Bushito @Kyle @street @gregreg @diamond_ace but that makes the surprise all the better. Any recognizable name - I'm happy! Just very good to be back. 

3. @Kendrick put his heart and soul into the league so it's disappointing to not see him around. @sterling doesn't seem to have a player, so that's sad. I vote him to recreate. @nagger will always be in my heart too. Honestly I haven't poked my head around the boards long enough to see who's not here. I will investigate over the coming weeks. 

4. So much has happened! The reintroduction of the portal (our first one was pretty neat - but didn't link at all to the sim), the depth of the league, the amount of teams, the names of teams, these press conferences, the Shield's Cup, England not being a place you can choose to be born (#BlameBrexit), the increase weekly cap for both leagues, Practice Facility being uncapped now, VHL Lottery (was just coming about when I left I believe), and the whole VSN. Those are just some of the changes. I'm sure there is more. 

5. Pretty below standard VHLm career I think. I created late, and don't have much to work with. I think I'll be a decent VHL player overall, usually in contention for the Boulet Trophy, but I really doubt I'll win anything, as much as I would like to. Marleau's being built as a two-way forward center. I guess it depends on how many TPE I can amass in his career. If I can average my career with a point-per-game and 2-hits-per-game, then that is my overall goal. 

6. Obviously it will! I just hope I can give those at the top some healthy competition. If I was looking for great success with my player I wouldn't comeback when the league was looking as strong as it ever has, I would have stuck around with Bennington when it seems like it was contracting. if I can sneak in a personal trophy here or there - that would be gravy. Realistically I'm looking at a top-10 finish for my draft class when our careers are over. Maybe top 15. 

Thank you very much for the questions! See you next week! 

That won't be happening, but I'll always be here to watch over you Phil. I'm very happy to see the state of the league as we approach the VHL's 12th birthday. These folks have done a tremendous job with the league.

1. Is the plan to create a Patrick Marleau type career with Phil Marleau?

2. How has life been treating you irl?

3. Of all the VHL teams which is your fav to play for?

4. What do you think of our latest two VHL teams? The Moscow Menace and Malmo Redhawks?

5. Should we bring back Vasteras

• 7 months later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Phil

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Phil

BANA PC BOMB

run away nuclear explosion GIF by Identity

1. Do you have any fears? If so, list and shit.

2. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, list and shit.

3. What's something you're looking forward to in 2020?

4. What is something you're not looking forward to in 2020?

5. Where is the next place you plan to travel to? OR, where do you want to go if you could etc.

6. What is your GO-TO snack?

7. What is your favourite food or food that you crave most?

@Phil