Riga Reign Press Conference

RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE

Week Ending 03/14

1. The draft was competed tonight! We have new players Jan Hlozek, Jere Suominen, and Kuba Flery 37 joining the Reign! How did we do?

2. We recently brought in James Rose and General Zod to bolster our defensive depth. What do you think, after those moves, is our greatest strength?

3. Who was the biggest steal of the draft?

4. If you had to guess, who would have the best hair on the Reign?

5. What is your favorite movie quote?

6. What's the most ironic thing you've ever seen?

9 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/14

1. The draft was competed tonight! We have new players Jan Hlozek, Jere Suominen, and Kuba Flery 37 joining the Reign! How did we do?

2. We recently brought in James Rose and General Zod to bolster our defensive depth. What do you think, after those moves, is our greatest strength?

1. I think we did really well. We already had a very deep team and we managed to pick up some good prospects to hopefully bolster the roster for future seasons

2. It's hard to say because we look like a good all round team. I'd probably still say our offensive power but our defensive game has improved massively

3. I would say RJ's player who fell to 6th I think. He looks like a great player and to get him at 6 was a great pick

4. I think shields has the best hair. Yeah that would be my guess

5. "Well that escalated quickly" 

6. I was in the shops once and I seen some sweets being advertised as the "cheapest and best around" but there was another bag that was cheaper and better than them. Made me laugh that.

18 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/14

1 to be honest i have high hopes for them, we all belive in you mates

2 our gm and agm really made a good job taking them

3 to be honest i don't know, only time will tell us

4 to be honest i don't know but i will go with mccloud i immagone him blonde like me, i don't know why

5 it's over anakin i have the high ground! just kidding, i think it would be Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. god i love forrest Gump

6 my life

On 3/12/2021 at 11:13 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/14

1. I think we did very well. Can't wait for next season.

2. Our D-Core is a great mix of old and new. If we can keep the puck out of the net, I think we have a shot at going deep in the playoffs.

3. I didn't really watch, but usually that doesn't come up until the end of season.

4. Me obviously.

project runway television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

5. "Look, I'm Woody. Howdy Howdy Howdy. Ah ha ah ha. Give me that."

6. I'd say this is a great gif of irony. In terms of real life, usually people who are speeding past you and then immediately get pulled over.

face punch GIF

Edited by youloser1337
Added more to the responses after a denial. My bad.

Week Ending 03/14

1. Very well, Jan will be a great addition of our defence and Suominen and Fluery have great potential.

2. I think our defense is now our greatest strength, not a lot of teams have the caliber d-man we have which is exciting.

3. If not Hlozek i'd say hadrian or nasherov.

4. I can see zetterstrom with some lettuce flow 

5. "DONKEY"

6. jeff skinner contract

1. The draft was completed tonight! We have new players Jan Hlozek, Jere Suominen, and Kuba Flery 37 joining the Reign! How did we do?

I think we did OK.  Hlozek looks like he will develop into a good VHL D-man.  Fleury is developing as well, but as a goalie he will see limited action.  The jury is still out on Suominen as he isn’t maximizing his opportunities.

I think these were great moves.  Kudos to Hedge @hedgehog337 for causing this to happen.  We now have one of the best defense pairings in the VHL.

To be honest, its too early to tell.  Sometimes you get lucky and a late round pick blossoms.  He may have been overlooked because of low TPE due to his joining at a later date that some recreates.

4. If you had to guess, who would have the best hair on the Reign?

Gotta be Cabe McJake @RedSus

iHBqljyWkEDtmp22diURVNGrnRJLTk6q2NDm0z0tae2DtCc_nZm2l4qUJLdGQMloNTGuCEzEWMhWL__afgSgfebxIOxj8ZB8M4kN2MCwQEH7ad8VXjTu0R1oOQ9ey90OEODFaCGz

R79X3VdjJnEqBNQnaYaZbI7_sXMOHWhj_8h_NvngvSGnruwRCjadINq19r5qwyGtmQ7aU7Q7HBoc1lBDG1HOXR5K1-_6DWZItqdBlmCaHLbtCeD3c5QmqMqNQR6j3NUWduVppr01

ZeZ-1xbl49ZYJImrvWDYhhKJ483cHcnl8zwpbXzXylJDOk1wZ2ZMgJSwEYpea5FfcGXn9dlmUxDCRFSY_yXu0KtVygCNYtPd3dLonHsDJwVyK32D_lSxlDlxlpo9aX-bq23E70yR

1. The draft was competed tonight! We have new players Jan Hlozek, Jere Suominen, and Kuba Flery 37 joining the Reign! How did we do? I think they will be a great fit the our squad.

2. We recently brought in James Rose and General Zod to bolster our defensive depth. What do you think, after those moves, is our greatest strength? They will be great dmen .

Not really sure wasn’t paying attention this year .

4. If you had to guess, who would have the best hair on the Reign? We all had great hair so it’s hard to say who lol .

I’ll be back(terminator)

6. What’s the most ironic thing you've ever seen? Northern lights

Week Ending 03/14

1. Defense was Riga's problem last season but now the future on D is set, pretty good job.

2. I think defense might be a pretty big strength, especially with Harvey backing us up in net. 

3. Didn't really follow the draft much, but Nixon Caldwell could be a steal. Kendrick is a big name member and if he stays active that's a second round pick that could be a beast.

4. Definitely not Zod and his goofy bald head, thats for sure. Calvin Harvey seems like he would rock a mullet, just from his name.

5. "I cannot tell you, it's confidential. Anyways, how is your sex life" or "Everybody betray me, I'm fed up with this world". Both are from The Room, I can't pick between them.

6. Rudy Gobert touching all the microphones as a joke about the NBA new covid rules and then getting covid three days later and causing the cancellation of the season. If that didn't happen covid might have actually gotten worse because I think the NBA shutting things down is what caused everyone to realize this thing is for real, so maybe Gobert saved people. 

On 3/13/2021 at 6:13 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/14

1. Pretty nice. We got a player I wanted, also both Suominen and Kuba are active too.

2. We're more or less well rounded team imo.

3. Creed, if he doesn't burns out from his current activity.

4. ''Buff Bull'' Jared Carter's hair looking buff as well. looks cute.

5. don't watch movies.

6. Me when I'm laughing at certain moves/decisions by other people and then doing the exact thing later.

Week Ending 03/14

1. 10/10 The future will be bright as these players will fill in the gaps in the lineup in the coming seasons.

2. Great, they are top players who bring alot in terms of experience and skill which is really needed to get deep in the playoffs.

3. Calling it now that it will be Kuba, since I can see them stepping up and really show what they have in the VHL in a few seasons.

4. I would go with Rose or Carter, not sure why but I could see them having some flow.

5. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die"

6.ROTC member calling Starbucks communist for not giving him free bags of coffee because they wanted it.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:13 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/14

1) I think we did well! Hlozek is a high upside first-gen and the other two are at least still around and earning TPE in the later rounds. Hlozek will really compliment our young core well.

2) I still think our forward core is our biggest strength, but Rose and Zod are huge acquisitions. As well as Zetterstrom and Thunder played last year, we needed a really good veteran defenseman or two and we were able to fill that need with some really good players.

3) Trevor Wallace or Kirby Pandora

4) Definitely Cabe

5) I can't say for sure this is my favourite one, but it's the first one that came to mind as a candidate:

"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... well, who knows."

6)

EjAwIGPy-I2kFvtmePF1JeLMG_mhCLyeYscjr8kRNkc.jpg?auto=webp&s=0b582486fb82ec34cc7697ff92ec1c8c8d33a20a

Week Ending 03/21

1. What are the best and worst parts of the offseason?

2. What to you do with the time off?

3. Who do you think is the strongest team heading into S77?

4. What is the most useless word?

5. If you could prank anyone, living or dead, who would you prank and how?

6. Should @hedgehog337 mute me in our LR if I procrastinate and leave presser to Saturday again?

Weekly shoutout: there were some pretty sweet answers to the last question, but I got to give it to @tcookie. Made me crack up

5 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

6. Should @hedgehog337 mute me in our LR if I procrastinate and leave presser to Saturday again?

Weekly shoutout: there were some pretty sweet answers to the last question, but I got to give it to @tcookie. Made me crack up

1. The best parts are probably the massive amount of TPE you can get during the off-season, as well as the trades and FA but the worst part is the fact their aren't any games on, unless you are involved in WJC or WC.

2. Not much honestly, legit sat around the house and played games all-day.

3. I'd say us honestly, we added some much needed depth to the roster and we are stacked at both ends of the ice

4. The word halfpace. You'd think by the sounds of it, it would have something to do with speed but it relates to staircases and steps. Pointless.

5. Margret Thatcher, just because she deserves it. I'd probably hire someone to follow her around and call her a knob all day.

6. Nah mate it's all good, be late than never.

6. Nah it's all good, especially 

3 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

1. Best is just taking time to train and get ready for the next season. Worst is the waiting.

2. Training / Video Games / Bowling

3. We are looking great :)

4. Though. It's always overused and not needed.

5. I'm horrible at pranks so I'd probably whoopie cushion Robin Williams.

6. No. Honest mistake. Just don't do it again >:)

1. What are the best and worst parts of the offseason? Not seeing the time or hearing from them .

2. What to you do with the time off? Family time .

3. Who do you think is the strongest team heading into S77? Not sure yet ask me later .

4. What is the most useless word? Okay lol 

5. If you could prank anyone, living or dead, who would you prank and how? Not sure I’d have think .

6. Should @hedgehog337 mute me in our LR if I procrastinate and leave presser to Saturday again? Maybe lol 

4 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

1.the best part for me is joining the big team meeting all the new frens!

2.drink milk get stronker!

3.not really sure since i don't really know any of the teams but i hope we can be :3

4.weiner 

5.i would poke mattyice in the chest and then when he looked down i would slide the finger to his face!

6.nah ur too cool :3

9 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

1. worst part is how long it is. best part is the amount of TPE you can get from it i guess

2. read the bible

3. think were up there but Chicago rn is the strongest for me

4. is

5. I'd prank you by promising to write next weeks press conference questions....  I would then proceed to not do them just so I can watch you get muted in the LR by hedge lol.

6. you already know the answer bb :)

1. The best part is that you can participate in other VHL events such as Victory ProAm and World Juniors. The worst part is that it takes so long to do it.

2. I spend time playing NHL 21 with the boys or offline.

3. I don't know honestly. I am new in the VHL so I am not sure yet.

4. ok is the most useless word.

5. I would prank you guys by sending you guys spam messages on the chats.

6. No. It is fine. People do it all the time. Just try not to do it again though.

1. As Shark said being able to play in ProAm is alot of fun plus the huge amount of tpe you get during the offseason is great while the worst is having to wait to play again.

2. Practice the ancient rituals of the East.

3. Going to go with us with La in the NA division seeming to be pretty strong.

4. All of the words. I really dislike the amount of context that is needed for the English language to work. 

5. I am not sure, I don't think I have ever really pranked someone before.

6. You shall be sent to Nova Scotia for each infraction! 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:08 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

1. trades and FA is cool in the offseason. the rest of that is boring

2. sleeping. isn't it obvious?

3. Lots of good teams. Some stacked teams like Chicago or Warsaw. Well rounded teams like ours. Flashy offense like Helsinki. 

4. whole English language vocabulary. 

5. Matt Thunder by telling him he had a 7 point game. Evil prankster out there, I know.

6. I'll mute you out of the AGM spot. 

kidding

On 3/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 03/21

1. The worst part is the fact that there is no trivia. I lose out on two easy TPE per week because I refuse to do reviewing. The best part is training camp though, nice and easy 10 TPE.

2. With the time off, Zod likes to return to Krypton and visit his family. Well, at least the remains

3. Riga of course, we are winning it all this year with our new additions.

4. Any word that has to use Y as a vowel is automatically on my bad side. Imagine being such a garbage word you resort to calling Y a vowel.

5. I would ask Jesus if he supports DN. When he says, 'whats DN?', we've got him right where we want him.

6. I say yes, but it doesn't really make a difference because that's when I would do the presser anyways

Week Ending 03/28

1. Yes, um, sims happened. Thoughts?

2. There have been some crazy up and downs in the standings recently. Who do you think comes out on top?

3. Who will lead Riga in scoring this season? Zod currently has the lead 👑

4. Who has the best profile pic on the team? Can be forum or discord

5. Do you eat or drink soup?

6. What came first; the chicken or the egg?

Shout outs: I can't really name one person this week, there are some evil  pranksters among us. 

1. Yes, um, sims happened. Thoughts?

Not a good start at all my player is shit .

2. There have been some crazy up and downs in the standings recently. Who do you think comes out on top? At this point it’s still a close call 

3. Who will lead Riga in scoring this season? Zod currently has the lead 

Could be anyone if they get on a hot streak.

4. Who has the best profile pic on the team? Can be forum or discord not sure 

5. Do you eat or drink soup? Both 

6. What came first; the chicken or the egg? The chicken lol