Riga Reign Press Conference

1.  A roller coaster of a season so far. What are your thoughts on that?

Without getting started on the vagaries of STHS, I think that we have played consistently well.  The last three wins came at an opportune time for us and we have had great leadership from Driver @Tape-to-Tape and Cabe McJake @Red

2. The top 3 of our conference seems to be Malmo, Us, and Davos. Who do you think will come out on top?

It looks like Malmo is staring to pull away a bit.  However with more than 50% of the season left. I would think that top spot is there for the taking.  It will likely come down to the last 10 games to decide.

3. Cabe McJake and Linus Zetterstrom have been lighting it up in the goals and assists as they lead those categories. Do you think they are the keys for our success so far?

Ya, definitely, but I also think that it has been a total team effort.  Also, as I mentioned above, we would be remiss if we did not include Driver @Tape-to-Tape in this conversation.  When you look at the next 5 guys on our scoring sheet, they have combined for 128 points.........like I said.....team effort.

4. Anze Miklavz is 4th in rookie scoring. Do you think they can sneak in and get the top rookie this season?

With the large number of games left, and how Anze @McKelvie has been playing, sure it is a distinct possibility.

5. Early season pick for the cup in the VHLM, who do you got?

As a former Reaper I gotta go with my heart on this one.  Hopefully the Reapers will get it done, but they are in tough competition !!!

6. What is your ideal summer vacation?

Several weeks at my cottage, fishing, puttering, cold beverages, high calorie food.

RIGA:oldrig:REIGN

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 08/15

1. With exceptions such as yesterdays 11 bomb, we seem to be a defensive team akin to the 1995 New Jersey Devils, who ended up winning the cup. Do you like our chances?

2. We recently made a somewhat controversial trade involving S79 draftee, which saw Nixon Caldwell and S81 first and second round picks coming back our way. What are your thoughts?

3. What are your favourite and least favourite TPE tasks?

4. Who do you think would be the prankster of the team?

5. Is Malmo really this good? 

6. If you had an unlimited credit card but could only use it on one store, which store would it be?

1. Offence wins games, defence wins championships. Let's keep it going.

2. Honestly, if a guy doesn't want to be here, that's his loss and he deserves to be out the door.

3. Best: Press conferences. Worst: Graphics

4. I think it was Carter before. Not sure now

5. No. We're going to beat them in the playoffs.

6. Would have to be something like Foot Locker or Size

1- we have a great chance and this is my last season so I hope we can do it

2- dont know what happened. If a player doesnt want to be on a team then better off to move him.

3- theme weeks are my favorite tasks

4- zetterstrom has some good jokes

5- they are not as good as their record shows

6- a big store chain like walmart makes the most sense to me

On 8/11/2021 at 4:56 PM, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 08/15

1. With exceptions such as yesterdays 11 bomb, we seem to be a defensive team akin to the 1995 New Jersey Devils, who ended up winning the cup. Do you like our chances?

2. We recently made a somewhat controversial trade involving S79 draftee, which saw Nixon Caldwell and S81 first and second round picks coming back our way. What are your thoughts?

6. If you had an unlimited credit card but could only use it on one store, which store would it be?

1. absolutely, i think we've started scoring more lately so if we can keep the goals against down we have a really good shot

2. little sad to see ruutu go, he is gonna be a great player but if he wanted a trade so be it i guess.

3. favorite is pressers since there easy and i can say dumb shit. least favorite is articles because i never know what to write about

4. Justin Lose or Damoose

5. i guess, they've been weirdly good over the past 2 seasons fr sum reason. chemistry maybe idk.

6. Either Home Depot or Ikea

On 8/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, youloser1337 said:

:rig::rig::rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig::rig::rig:

Week ending 08/08

1.  A roller coaster of a season so far. What are your thoughts on that?

Not being able to score is tough - but lets hope we get to the playoffs and let luck take the wheel.

2. The top 3 of our conference seems to be Malmo, Us, and Davos. Who do you think will come out on top?

Riga baybayyyyy

3. Cabe McJake and Linus Zetterstrom have been lighting it up in the goals and assists as they lead those categories. Do you think they are the keys for our success so far?

Yes, keep giving them the puck and good things happen.

4. Anze Miklavz is 4th in rookie scoring. Do you think they can sneak in and get the top rookie this season?

I'll be in tough, lots of good scorers on offensive teams to compete with.

5. Early season pick for the cup in the VHLM, who do you got?

I haven't looked at the standings so I will just guess a team - Mexico.

6. What is your ideal summer vacation?

Somewhere warm :)

@Ledge and Dairy I got you. Just let me know if you need me to do the presser if you are busy. :) 

In Real Life it has often been said that defence will win yoy a cup.  However, we are dealing with STHS....... 'nuff said!!!

I like the trade for the long term.  Our cupboard is going to get bare relatively soon.  Also, draft picks are a good form of trade currency.

I like TPE tasks that allow me to develop the backstory of my colorful player, Isau DaMoose.  I am not too crazy about attempting any graphics.  Mostly because mine look like a first-grader attempt by way of comparison to the really talented graphic folks out there.

Muahahaha!!  I wouldn't put it past GM Hedge @hedgehog337 of pulling a prank or two.

They are if the damned sim engine says so.  But really, they do have a good collection of talent, so ya, they are pretty good.

Any gas station.  With Premium fuel ( I need that for my outboard engines) at 1.65 a litre, I either need a credit card or have to mortgage my house.

PRESSER!!!!!!

1 the team is having a NO; GOD PLEASE NO (yes this is a the office reference) moment, do you think  we will be able to turn around the situation? 

2 With the trade deadline ending in some days, do you think that riga will make any mouves or the team will remain the same as always?

3 Wich player would you love to see with a Riga Reign jersey? ( it can be a real life player but also a VHL player, your choice)

4 If you had to pick a song for the goal horn of RIga, wich song would you pick?

5 If hockey had never existed, how would your life be like?

6 If you had to choose, in wich other country would you like to mouve to? 

@Ledge and Dairy  I always help a friend in needs lol

12 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

1 the team is having a NO; GOD PLEASE NO (yes this is a the office reference) moment, do you think  we will be able to turn around the situation? 

Like Bob the Builder.. Yes we Can!!!

2 With the trade deadline ending in some days, do you think that riga will make any mouves or the team will remain the same as always?

I think something is brewing...

3 Wich player would you love to see with a Riga Reign jersey? ( it can be a real life player but also a VHL player, your choice)

They could definitely use Jack Eichel

4 If you had to pick a song for the goal horn of RIga, wich song would you pick?

Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon

Less stressful (I;m a Leafs fan)

Norway

12 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

On 8/19/2021 at 6:39 AM, Matt thunder said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

1. ye, were past the worst part i think as were kinda starting to win again sow we'll be fine

2. i dont think we'll end up making moves because of the cap but i wouldn't be surprised if we made one

3. idk i'll go with Red Lite i guess

5. i guess i'd just follow soccer instead

6. Either France or Spain

1. I have faith in all the guys, the players and the management, that we can truly turn it around.

2. I know that the boss is always looking to make the team better. I have faith in him that he'll do what is needed. 

3. Prime Scotty Campbell

4. It has to be Tarzan Boy. They used it as the goal horn for the Slovakia junior teams back in the day and it was pretty cool.

5. I mean, I play hockey, I've worked in hockey. It's shaped my professional life.

6. Well I'm moving to the Gulf in the next two weeks. We'll see how that goes.

PRESSER!!!!!!

Technically, there is no reason why we can't pick up the pace.  I have a lot of faith in my team mates to step up.  However, shades of Christmas (Seasons) Past where STHS has robbed us of playoff spots.  Anything can happen with this damned sim engine.

2 With the trade deadline ending in some days, do you think that Riga will make any moves or the team will remain the same as always?

I am not sure that trading away assets at this point will do us much good.  We have tried that in past seasons and the moves have been mediocre to say the least.  No offence to the players involved, but there just wasn't much chemistry.

3 Which player would you love to see with a Riga Reign jersey? ( it can be a real life player but also a VHL player, your choice)

Doug Gilmour and/or Wendell Clark.  Both skilled guys that play with heart and grit.

4 If you had to pick a song for the goal horn of RIga, which song would you pick?

Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come

I gotta admit that it would be somewhat boring.

6 If you had to choose, in which other country would you like to move to? 

St. Lucia.....in a heartbeat.  Great weather, 1% unemployment, low crime rate, english speaking......etc.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:39 AM, Matt thunder said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Thanks again matt!

1. I think we will for sure, Lose just started to score again so that will be a massive boost

2. Hedge made a shrewd move with Seattle, which netted us two S81 picks, which could pay off big time

3. Brendan Gallagher, our squad could use his heart and energy

4. Gotta be Roar by Katy Perry.

5. Oh god, I would be so bored all the time! I'd probably be playing soccer!

6. I would love to live in Sweden some time in my life.

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

1. We have, after a tumultuous season, clinched a playoff spot! How does it feel to finally be back in the postseason? Or for some, to represent the Reign where it really matters?

2. As AGM, one of my duties is helping out with the scouting, and I always appreciate the input of our team members. Is there anyone from this draft class who stands out to you?

3. After all is said and done, who is our MVP this season? 

4. How did you do on predictions, if you did any? Were there any surprises this season?

5. With the upcoming draft tournament, what is your favourite VHLE name and logo?

6. A certain hot topic on the forum recently is the best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets. What's yours?

4 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

1. We have, after a tumultuous season, clinched a playoff spot! How does it feel to finally be back in the postseason? Or for some, to represent the Reign where it really matters?

2. As AGM, one of my duties is helping out with the scouting, and I always appreciate the input of our team members. Is there anyone from this draft class who stands out to you?

4. How did you do on predictions, if you did any? Were there any surprises this season?

5. With the upcoming draft tournament, what is your favourite VHLE name and logo?

6. A certain hot topic on the forum recently is the best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets. What's yours?

1. I'm ready to kick some ass!

2. I haven't been paying close enough attention to know

3. Zambezi!

4. I didn't do them. 

5. Vasteras!

6. Sweet and sour

7 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

1. LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. David davis could be a good pickup, maybe booberry could fall to us idk?

3. Zamboni Driver

4. i haven't checked yet, hopefully i did better than last season

5. Berlins team is pretty dope

6. i posted this on the thread but it's semen, preferably my own but i wouldn't mind tasting someone else's

9 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

Nice to get into the playoffs my first season!

I haven't looked at the draft class at all but if it were me I would simply pick the best player available.

Cabeeeee

I haven't checked to be honest, I'll find out when they get announced. 

As much as my heart is with Vasteras, that Red Wolves logo is sooo good. 

Lately I've been making thai mayo for it, but I like to switch it up after a while 

15 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

1. I'm so ready for playoff hockey. I hated the long off-season last year.

2. I'm sure anyone we get will contribute. I have full faith in the team

3. At the start I would have said Driver, but I think we have to go with McJake, he's done it all

4. I missed the predictions deadline.

5. Bratislava!

6. Garlic!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week Ending 08/29

1 It feels great, finally we are back where we really deserve.

2 Not really, I haven't been paying much attention to the next year draft class.

3 my friend Isau.

4 I suck at predictions and I also forget to do them so no tpe for me(not yee)

5 I think the answer is easy, Rome, let's not lie  just wonderful.

6 BBQ, the best one, just delicius.

As I have only played for one team in the VHL, all I can say its about F*#king Time !!!  After the sim engine foibles of the past couple of seasons I am certainly glad to be here. 

I would help you with this if I could.  But I must admit to not paying very much attention to the current draft class.

Gotta be Cabe.  Leader in so many categories.

I did participate in the predictions.  However, I chose somewhat poorly....oh well....

Istanbul Red Wolves.  I gotta see a game in Istanbul...

Some kinda BBQ.

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 09/05

1. Well, we're down 3-1 in our series against Warsaw. Is there any changes in our game that we have to make to put a comeback into play?

2. What direction do you think we should go in next season? With Driver retiring, we need a starting goalie if we want to contend.

3. What's a good trash talk to use in game 5?

WOULD YOU RATHER TIME!!!

4. Would you rather chop down a tree using only a golf putter or empty a swimming pool using only a mug?

5. Would you rather eat a whole banana or a whole orange? (including the peel if that was confusing)

6. Would you rather have a squirrel as a pet or a fox as a pet?

2 minutes ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 09/05

1. Well, we're down 3-1 in our series against Warsaw. Is there any changes in our game that we have to make to put a comeback into play?

2. What direction do you think we should go in next season? With Driver retiring, we need a starting goalie if we want to contend.

WOULD YOU RATHER TIME!!!

4. Would you rather chop down a tree using only a golf putter or empty a swimming pool using only a mug?

5. Would you rather eat a whole banana or a whole orange? (including the peel if that was confusing)

1 Well I would like to make some points, this would help a lot the team.

2 We should look for a good goalie, just like driver, and we also need a good foward.

3 i would like to put here a good trash talk, but I suck at trash talk, sorry for this.

4 I would like to empty a swimming pool with a mug, i think it will be more funny.

5 ledge, are you ok? Is everything fine at home? But to answer your question I would eat a banana, I don't like oranges.

6 A fox, are you kidding? It's way cooler. 

5 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 09/05

WOULD YOU RATHER TIME!!!

1. i have no idea what we change to make this team better, i say we leave at is and hope for the best.

2. I think we need to go for a goalie, it wouldn't make sense to go for a rebuild with the guys we still have

3. go choke on sum more perogies

4. u never specified size of tree therefore i will cut down baby tree with the golf putter

5. banana, there easier to eat n they dnt taste too bad

6.fox all the way

6 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 09/05

WOULD YOU RATHER TIME!!!

1. I'd love to be optimistic. The last games were rough but we know we can beat them if we play our best.

2. We definitely need someone. Makes no sense to rebuild with our core.

3. Poland is the worst of the Visegrad countries.

4. Definitely the tree option. It's a workout

5. Banana.

6. I think I'd have to say squirrel. Would prefer a hedgehog though!

PRESSER!!!!!!

Week ending 09/05

At this time we are eliminated, so I guess not lol - best thing to do is come back stronger next year.

Absolutely need a starting goalie - going to need a blockbuster to stay competitive, or initiate a re-build.

"youre bad"

WOULD YOU RATHER TIME!!!

It depends on the sizes of the tree and pool :)

Banana. Orange peel is way too bitter to enjoy.

Fox.