Riga Reign Press Conference

1. We need some milk

2. I look at Vancouver and think, man we have better players, but look what they're doing.

3. Bratislava as it's my local team.

4. We're not going to be getting into that today.

5.  I'd like to play in Texas somewhere. And in Europe? maybe somewhere like Poland or Ukraine.

6. What's baseball?

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

October 16th, 2021

1. We are still in the hunt for the playoffs, what's the main thing this team needs to focus on to make sure we make them?

2. What has been the best trade of the season so far?

3. Given that the trade deadline is Monday, what has been the biggest trade you've seen that lead to any teams success?

4.  Who's your pick for league MVP as it stands right now ? 

5.  Name a popular tourist location you have absolutely no interest in seeing in person.

6. The Sabres are having a goal song for  each one of their players. What would you make the goal song for your specific player? 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:53 PM, McKelvie said:

October 16th, 2021

1. We are still in the hunt for the playoffs, what's the main thing this team needs to focus on to make sure we make them?

3. Given that the trade deadline is Monday, what has been the biggest trade you've seen that lead to any teams success?

5.  Name a popular tourist location you have absolutely no interest in seeing in person.

6. The Sabres are having a goal song for  each one of their players. What would you make the goal song for your specific player? 

1. thats suprising, we need to focus on not losing.

2. im gonna say the dakota lamb trade because thats the only trade ik about

3. Will Clarke to seattle in S71

4. Tsujimoto, half the guys on the leaderboard i dont even recognize

5. Entire country of england

1.      How is off-season training going? What are you working on?

Well, at this stage of my career, I am really not "working" on anything.  I am trying to fight off depreciation, but, it seems, that is a losing battle.

2.      Did you get a chance to go on vacation ahead of training camp?

Yup, Isau returned to Northern Ontario and spent a fine few weeks fishing and generally chillaxing.

3.      Who is going to be the breakout player on the Reign next season?

A lot of this depends on how players are placed in the line-up and how much ice time they receive.  In my opinion Anze Miklavs @McKelvie should really get going.  There is no doubt that this player will establish some new records for Riga.

4.      Do you prefer on-ice or off-ice training?

I like to be on the ice.  It is much cooler and more comfortable when you are working hard.  Also, I just like to skate.

5.      If you could ask one question in the next press conference, what would it be?

This is a copy of a question that was asked elsewhere, but I like it:  You have one 10 seconds left in the period, game on your stick to which teammate will you pass?

6.      What is your favourite weather?

Cool dry sunny autumn weather suits me just fine.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:53 PM, McKelvie said:

October 16th, 2021

1. Just consistency at this point.

2. Even if we don't make the playoffs, Bowman is keeping us in games

3. The Lamb trade should be monumental, especially in the playoffs

4. Nousiainen will probably get it at this point.

5. The Eiffel Tower. I feel like it will just be extremely busy and underwhelming

6. Thunderstruck by AC/DC

• 2 weeks later...

October 27th, 2021

1. The season is over and well, we missed the playoffs, what is the biggest positive you took out of this season?

2. How do you think your player did overall, you can provide a rating out of 10 ?

3. Who are your picks to win the Founders and  Continental Cup?

4.  What is your #1 priority for your player to work on this off-season? 

5.  If you were offered to go skydiving or dine in the fanciest restaurant in the world what would you pick?

6. Who has been the most surprising team in the NHL this season so far?

On 10/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, McKelvie said:

October 27th, 2021

1. The season is over and well, we missed the playoffs, what is the biggest positive you took out of this season?

2. How do you think your player did overall, you can provide a rating out of 10 ?

3. Who are your picks to win the Founders and  Continental Cup?

4.  What is your #1 priority for your player to work on this off-season? 

5.  If you were offered to go skydiving or dine in the fanciest restaurant in the world what would you pick?

6. Who has been the most surprising team in the NHL this season so far?

1. there are no positives

2. he did shit again. solid 1

3. i couldn't care less at this point

4. working on shit is pointless when the league is based entirely on luck.

5. im not going sktdiving fuck that shit

6. Proabably buffalo

1.)  The only positive was that my belief that STHS was a piece of crap was confirmed (once again).

2.)  Isau led the Reign in point production, so from a purely personal point of view, 9/10.  Lower in RL though because we did not make the playoffs.

3.)  I am with @Red on this.  I haven't really paid any attention. 

4.)  Fighting off regression.

5.)  I like to eat a lot more than jumping out of an airplane.

6.)  Ya again with RED.....Buffalo is gonna surprise a lot of teams, despite missing Jack Eichel.

November 7thh, 2021

1. Any offseason travel plans for your player?

2. Who is the Most Improved player on the Reign this season?

3. What is the number one need for Riga this offseason?

4.  Who do you think will go first overall in this years VHL draft? 

5.  Who's the most famous person you ever met?

6. The Edmonton Oilers are looking like a WAGON this year, do you think they have what it takes to get to the finals?

On 11/8/2021 at 12:30 AM, McKelvie said:

November 7thh, 2021

1. Any offseason travel plans for your player?

2. Who is the Most Improved player on the Reign this season?

3. What is the number one need for Riga this offseason?

4.  Who do you think will go first overall in this years VHL draft? 

5.  Who's the most famous person you ever met?

6. The Edmonton Oilers are looking like a WAGON this year, do you think they have what it takes to get to the finals?

1. Eh, maybe I'll get back to Sweden sometime, but I'm trying to keep my aging body fit for the VHL

2. Hlozek had one hell of a breakout season

3. Young talent, which should be fulfilled at the draft

4. Nico Pearce, there isn't any doubt

5. Adam Graves. Probably the nicest and selfless guy I've ever met

6. Eh, they don't have the depth to be a playoff team. The anti-least-year habs

November 14th, 2021

1. Its going to be the AGM's first draft - any advice or players to recommend?

2. What big Free Agent do you see signing with a new team this offseason?

3. What do you wish for your player to accomplish by the end of next season?

4.  What's the early favorite for next years Continental Cup?

5.  Did you get selected for the WHC/WJC? Who are you going for?

6. Do you play fantasy football? If so, hows your team doing?

1 hour ago, McKelvie said:

November 14th, 2021

1. pick beav, we need him so bad

2. i have no idea i haven't been following that at all

3. 100 points has been my goal fr a while so it would be nice if i could reach that

4. us why tf not. i mean we are losing a bunch of players and dnt really have a goalie but sths is weird.

5. id did. lfg westerm europe we better not fuck this up

6.i dont play fantasy football, sadge

No real advice other than to try to select a player that is active.  That seems to be a crapshoot at best anyways.

Possibly one or two of our own S75 vets ???

I for one would like to see Isau DaMoose make a splash in the playoffs.

Its too early to tell.  There will be some player movement and some rebuilding going on.  Then there is the randomness of the sim engine.

Isau was the first selection of Team Mercenaries.  We should do alright.

Sorry, don't play ant other fantasy sports games.

November 21st, 2021

1. How do you feel about Riga's picks in the VHL entry draft (if you are one of them, feel free to answer how you feel about being selected by Riga)?

2. The team has locked up a couple free agents and look to be a 6/4 roster, how confident do you feel heading into the season?

3. Which player to you expect to see the biggest improvement on the team this season?

4.  After the Wolves surprising VHL win - are you considering changing your build?

5.  What was the last song you listened to?

6. Pretender or Contender NHL edition: 1) The New York Rangers 2) The Anaheim Ducks

my answer for 6: both pretenders :)

1 hour ago, kelvi said:

November 21st, 2021

1. How do you feel about Riga's picks in the VHL entry draft (if you are one of them, feel free to answer how you feel about being selected by Riga)?

2. The team has locked up a couple free agents and look to be a 6/4 roster, how confident do you feel heading into the season?

3. Which player to you expect to see the biggest improvement on the team this season?

4.  After the Wolves surprising VHL win - are you considering changing your build?

6. Pretender or Contender NHL edition: 1) The New York Rangers 2) The Anaheim Ducks

1.idk didn't watch. i saw ferk koined the discord tho so i guess we had some good picks

2. i have no idea what will happen, im just hoping my reroll works

3.not sure, maybe damoose since he'll maybe get more ice time.

4.yes, literally bought a reroll just fro that purpose

5.astronomia

6. The ducks are complete fucking trash so id agree with u there. i think new york has some potential tho honestly.

10 hours ago, kelvi said:

November 21st, 2021

1. I feel really good about them! A bunch of them I actually helped draft onto the Marlins in the M, so I'll be able to help develop some of the guys in the minors.

2. I think the team looks solid, maybe not compete for a championship but by no means do I think we should miss the playoffs.

3. Not being in the majors last year makes this question tough for me to answer, but I think Anze Miklavz will hit 85 points so that's a good improvement.

4. Nah, I'm still going for a two way playmaking winger, it's my play style in soccer irl so that's how I'm going to play it in my first build.

5. Enemy : Imagine Dragons

6. Rangers have potential but as of now pretender, Ducks honestly have Terry, Getzlaf, Gibson all playing out of their minds and Rakell has been injured, if Terry keeps it up they could cause some trouble in the Pacific.

Although I really did not pay much attention to the draft, according to the chatter on Discord it seems that we have selected some very good players.

After having a plethora of talent over the last few season's and struggling to make the playoffs, my confidence is not all that high.

I am quite sure that Anze Miklavz will have a breakout season.

Since Isau is in his 7th season, I don't think any changes would be of great benefit.

"From Red Deer To Margaree"

1.) Pretender

2.) Contender (the real deal)

November 28th, 2021

1. What's your impression on the first couple days of games in the S81 season?

2. Do you think Simon T hates the Riga Reign and specifically our GM?

3. What was the most surprising move over the offseason?

4.  If your player was forced to play another sport, at what position in which sport would they be the best at? 

5. What's your favorite city to visit on the road trip and why?

6. The Vancouver Canucks are not having a good time right now, what do you think is their biggest problem and what do they need to do to get better? 

7 hours ago, kelvi said:

November 28th, 2021

4.  If your player was forced to play another sport, at what position in which sport would they be the best at? 

6. The Vancouver Canucks are not having a good time right now, what do you think is their biggest problem and what do they need to do to get better? 

1. started of very well then starting shitting ourselves as per usual

2.yes, dogshit sim engine everything is pure luck

3. idk i dont pay attention to that

4. hed be a goalie in handball cause why not

5. tampa bay, its warm n stuff thats about it

6. elias pettereson is the most overated piece of shit ive ever seen play hockey, the fact canucks fans tried to compare that fucking toothpick to auston matthews was laughable. they trade that douch and maybe they have a chance.

It has been an interesting start.  We are playing 0.600 hockey.  That might get us to the playoffs, but not much further.

My pet peeve.  The whole STHS system has been badly skewed for the entirety of Isau's career.

I guess that there was no market for upper end players.  

Likely one of the half-forward positions in Hurling.

5. What's your favorite city to visit on the road trip and why?

I liked Moscow.  Lots of culture and history.

I think they need a new management team that can establish a blueprint to bring a winning team back to Vancouver.  

14 hours ago, kelvi said:

November 28th, 2021

1. I'm looking at this team and really liking what we have. Our second line with me, Wolf, and DaMoose has clicked and it's been super fun to play with those guys.

2. Yes.

3. D.C. not being relegated to the VHLM lol. (no clue if any free agent moves were surprising or not)

4. Soccer definitely.

5. I always judge this by food and so far I've enjoyed Prague's food the most.

6. Let Pettersson play his game with the best players. Last I checked he was down on the 2nd or 3rd line for some reason. Gotta just let him play and get chemistry with the other top players because how that team looks they should be doing a lot better. Also fire the coach and GM.

December 5th, 2021

1. I don't think I asked this previously - but what do you think of the new logo?

2. Is your player underperforming, overperforming, or performing just right so far this season?

3. Name a practice drill you would be totally okay with eliminating forever?

4.  Provide me a presser question to add to following pressers - you don't have to answer the question when I ask it :) 

5. What is the best restaurant you have ever been to?

6. My last presser asked what the Canucks needed to do to get better - they have since fired Green and Benning, replacing them with  Bruce Boudreau and an interim. What do you think of these changes?

On 11/28/2021 at 7:17 PM, kelvi said:

November 28th, 2021

I think we started off strong, but couldn't keep the momentum going.

I think Simon T hates us, and probably.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't pay attention, I was doing a shit ton of scouting for Istanbul.

American Football as a water boy.

So far D.C. America's capital is nice.

To fuel up their offense in some way.

2 hours ago, kelvi said:

December 5th, 2021

1. I don't think I asked this previously - but what do you think of the new logo?

2. Is your player underperforming, overperforming, or performing just right so far this season?

3. Name a practice drill you would be totally okay with eliminating forever?

4.  Provide me a presser question to add to following pressers - you don't have to answer the question when I ask it :) 

5. What is the best restaurant you have ever been to?

6. My last presser asked what the Canucks needed to do to get better - they have since fired Green and Benning, replacing them with  Bruce Boudreau and an interim. What do you think of these changes?

1. not bad i think its an improvement. not doing much fr us on the ice tho

2.hes underperforming again. i dont think i can take this much longer. might retire early and just give up on this league all together.

3. never played hockey so idk

4. how many more seasons of straight playoff misses will it take fr ur player to off himself

5. chukee cheese

6. lol wont do anything. they will win first 2 games then go an a massive lsoing skid even worse than the ones they been in before.