Moscow Menace Press Conference

52 minutes ago, Spartan said:

New presser questions :)

1. Did you have a long weekend this past weekend? What did you do with the extra day off? If you didn't have a long weekend, what would you do if you had extra days off?

2. It seems like the EU will be a real battle, as we're in a playoff spot right now. What does this say about the EU conference if a team that sold nearly all their stars is suddenly in a top 4 spot?

3. What do you think our team is doing right in order to be playing our way into a playoff spot at the moment? How do we maintain this momentum?

4. Hammar Voss has seemingly found his stride, as he's back to leading the team in points, and is 5th in leaguewide defenseman scoring. What's your final prediction for where he finishes in the leaguewide defenseman scoring race? Think he has a shot for more awards this season?

5. Do you think it was the right decision to contract the E with all the overcrowded rosters we have now? Is there a benefit to running 3+ lines and promoting realism, or should the league prioritize giving every player the max amount of minutes even if some teams end up empty?

6. Wrong answers ONLY. I'm currently waiting another 11-ish hours for Starfield to release. What am I doing to kill the time?

1) I took off Friday as well so I'd have a four day weekend and did absolutely nothing with it which is what I had planned. Just relaxed and played some video games.

2) I think the EU conference is a bit on the weak side and will be hard pressed to win the championship.

3) I just think there is a lot of balanced scoring right now and now that some  guys have started scoring it really helps.
4) I think Voss will finish 3rd in scoring. I think he could finish higher but will really need some of our team to step up and help him along the way.

5) I think it was good to contract the league. I think the teams should try to get max minutes for players.

6) Still playing Fortnite!

1. Did you have a long weekend this past weekend? What did you do with the extra day off? If you didn't have a long weekend, what would you do if you had extra days off?

If I had an extra day off, feeling the way I am, I'd sleep for half of it and drink for the other half.

2. It seems like the EU will be a real battle, as we're in a playoff spot right now. What does this say about the EU conference if a team that sold nearly all their stars is suddenly in a top 4 spot?

The European Union is in crisis. I blame Brexit and the genetic weakness of Euro genes.

3. What do you think our team is doing right in order to be playing our way into a playoff spot at the moment? How do we maintain this momentum?

We are playing too well, but it's nice to see rookies and other players enjoying a productive season. Do we want to maintain this momentum?

4. Hammar Voss has seemingly found his stride, as he's back to leading the team in points, and is 5th in leaguewide defenseman scoring. What's your final prediction for where he finishes in the leaguewide defenseman scoring race? Think he has a shot for more awards this season?

I think he finishes a disappointing 4th or below and thus has zero chance of adding any further awards to his mostly empty, dusty award shelf.

5. Do you think it was the right decision to contract the E with all the overcrowded rosters we have now? Is there a benefit to running 3+ lines and promoting realism, or should the league prioritize giving every player the max amount of minutes even if some teams end up empty?

I think that despite the reputation of the VHLE, it was nice for new players to see plenty of ice time and the encouragement that stat earning gives newer fake hockey players.

6. Wrong answers ONLY. I'm currently waiting another 11-ish hours for Starfield to release. What am I doing to kill the time?

lotion-kermit.gif

Oh, you said WRONG answers....my bad.

• 2 weeks later...

New presser questions!

1. Well, we traded away Hammar Voss to Helsinki. Any last words you'd like to say to @BOOM as he faces retirement?

2. We are officially on the tank train, having sunk down to 2nd worst in the EU. How're you feeling? Are you already looking forward to next season?

3. How would you evaluate your season so far? What grade would you give yourself, and why?

4. There's a thrilling race for the two wildcard spots in the EU between London, Malmo and Helsinki. London has run off a bit this week, but which 2 do you think make it of those 2?

5. Have you been watching the NFL at all? If yes, how's your team doing? If not, WHY NOT???

6. Wrong answers only: if I was in a band, what would my band's name be?

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

New presser questions!

1. Well, we traded away Hammar Voss to Helsinki. Any last words you'd like to say to @BOOM as he faces retirement?

2. We are officially on the tank train, having sunk down to 2nd worst in the EU. How're you feeling? Are you already looking forward to next season?

3. How would you evaluate your season so far? What grade would you give yourself, and why?

4. There's a thrilling race for the two wildcard spots in the EU between London, Malmo and Helsinki. London has run off a bit this week, but which 2 do you think make it of those 2?

5. Have you been watching the NFL at all? If yes, how's your team doing? If not, WHY NOT???

1) Happy Retirement!
2) Knowing we were going into a rebuild makes things easier to handle as we continue to lose. As long as we lose properly that is what matters!

3) I think I've done fairly well. I don't know what to compare myself with but I'd say a B is what I'd give myself.
4) London and Malmo
5) I don't watch football - just never got into it. That being said, I sort of cheer for the Giants since my uncle used to love them before he passed.

6) I have no idea - Apex Crew maybe lol

1. Well, we traded away Hammar Voss to Helsinki. Any last words you'd like to say to BOOM as he faces retirement?

Good riddance you overrated South African bum!

No shame in tanking, so lose away my friend. Hoard those picks like a mofo.

Mixed feelings. Started slow, improved and am now shitting the bed back in Finland. At least it will be over soon.

Consulting my magic-8 ball resulted in a "They all suck" but I'd say Malmo because Voss is on Helsinki and curses his teams, so there's that.

Only to follow my Fantasy teams and yell at the TV when the QB doesn't target my WR's. I don't really have a team tbh.

The Jizz Distributors.

1. Well, we traded away Hammar Voss to Helsinki. Any last words you'd like to say to  as he faces retirement?

The difference between normal beaches and nudist beaches is usually just the time of the day you happen to visit one.

I was hoping I would get to participate in the cup parade without things being weird, but now that Moscow is not likely to win - I will look silly in my Moscow jersey when I go there.

C+, I have been able to improve as a player, I have played decently in the defensive end, but offensive side is lacking.

I say London and Helsinki, because they appear to have hotter offense, that might be all it takes to get the necessary wins.

I have not, I have never really been a fan of NFL or the sport. Tough to even see games in Finland, gotta rely on the illegal streams.

The Bare Spartans

On 9/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, Spartan said:

1. Good luck in Helsinki and hope to see you on a new player.

2. It's all good with me, I'm not playing on the team yet.

3. I would grade my player with an A.

4. I hope Malmo makes it. Good team over there.

5. I don't watch the NFL ever since Roman Gabriel was the QB for the LA Rams. It's been a minute for sure.

6. Good.

Presser for the new week!

1. We are officially out of the playoffs. How do you plan on spending your offseason?

2. Is there anyone that you're rooting for in this playoffs now? Any friends that you're supporting in the playoffs?

3. Moscow is confirmed to have 2 picks in the top 6 of the draft this season. What rituals will you perform so that Moscow moves up in the lottery?

4. Are there any players or positions you hope Moscow drafts this season?

5. Prospects Axle Gunner, Jarmo Ruutu and Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage are all poised to come up to the VHL this offseason. What expectations do you have for these youth players as they join the pro roster?

6. Wrong answers ONLY: How do I cope with the Pittsburgh Steelers being a terrible NFL team?

1. We are officially out of the playoffs. How do you plan on spending your offseason?

Getting ready for the training camp by eating Nandos three times a day

2. Is there anyone that you're rooting for in this playoffs now? Any friends that you're supporting in the playoffs?

Rooting for the "bottom" teams, hopefully one of the 4th/5th place teams make it far!

3. Moscow is confirmed to have 2 picks in the top 6 of the draft this season. What rituals will you perform so that Moscow moves up in the lottery?

I will take all the ice cream out of my freezer and let it melt in the kitchen sink.  Any sacrifice is measured in spiritual and emotional scale.

Some wingers are needed perhaps and a G

5. Prospects Axle Gunner, Jarmo Ruutu and Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage are all poised to come up to the VHL this offseason. What expectations do you have for these youth players as they join the pro roster?

I expect fair seasons from the younger players, if they get into bigger roles and into the special teams - I see no reasons why Gunner or du Bocage could not win the rookie of the year award.

6. Wrong answers ONLY: How do I cope with the Pittsburgh Steelers being a terrible NFL team?

Blame it on the league

Getting drunk and tanking my draft stock.

Friends? Who has time for friends in the VHL. It's dog eat dog in this place and I'm an Alpha.

I already have a stockpile of Menace Voodoo dolls left over from last season.

I don't paid enough(at all to be fair) to make those kind of decisions.

5. Prospects Axle Gunner, Jarmo Ruutu and Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage are all poised to come up to the VHL this offseason. What expectations do you have for these youth players as they join the pro roster?

If they don't instantly take Moscow back to the playoffs, then they will have failed miserably.

Root for the Chiefs, err I mean the Kansas City Swifts. FFS, am I over that shit.

New presser for a new week.

1. What are your expectations for this upcoming season with a few new rookies moving up to the team?

2. Are you a team player or a stat chaser, or both?

3. Spartan seems to have the team well organized and he is on top of everything. What would you like him to change or not change?

4. Who is the practical joker in the locker room?

5. How many seasons will it take Moscow to become and dominate force and a cup holder?

6. Pink or brown? Yes, how do you like your steak?

4 hours ago, Steve said:

1. What are your expectations for this upcoming season with a few new rookies moving up to the team?

3. Spartan seems to have the team well organized and he is on top of everything. What would you like him to change or not change?

5. How many seasons will it take Moscow to become and dominate force and a cup holder?

1) I am guessing we'll remain out of the playoffs but should be fun seeing the new faces join us!

2) Team player for sure but it sure is nice seeing my player do well
3) I don't think change anything. Maybe make sure there is a team press conference every week?
4) I honestly have no idea
5) 3-5 seasons until we start really pushing again probably

6) Brown, for some reason when it's pink it makes me sick lol

What are your expectations for this upcoming season with a few new rookies moving up to the team?

The team may continue to struggle, but will trend in the right direction for a successful re-build sooner rather than later.

Are you a team player or a stat chaser, or both?

I trend towards stat chaser, but recognize that sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order for the team to remain strong.

Spartan seems to have the team well organized and he is on top of everything. What would you like him to change or not change?

I tend to believe in the old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Who is the practical joker in the locker room?

Hmmm, hard to say, but I know that the Menace LR will always be entertaining and active.

How many seasons will it take Moscow to become and dominate force and a cup holder?

I'd say within the next 2 seasons, Moscow will be contending in Europe and maybe another season later, be in the Playoffs.

Pink or brown? Yes, how do you like your steak?

Brown. I know that's possibly unpopular, but I can't stand the sight of blood coming out of a cut of meat that's ready for consumption. I'm also glad that you clarified your question. 😬

14 hours ago, Steve said:

1. You guys should do a little better for sure,  having new life really helps sometimes. 
2. both, stats are nice but i can recognize my role.

3. Spartan is an OG so anything he does is for the right reasons 
4. Not sure, since I’m not an active player, but i imagine Spartan is pretty active in it. 
5. give it under 3 to be back 

6. Medium rare for sure

What are your expectations for this upcoming season with a few new rookies moving up to the team?

Cup finals, I have heard the team is going after FA's hard. If that plan fails and the FA's go to other teams, I don't see why Moscow could not be a playoff team at least.

Are you a team player or a stat chaser, or both?

Both, winning is nice but so is seeing your playing do well in the sims!

Spartan seems to have the team well organized and he is on top of everything. What would you like him to change or not change?

Give us more money on the side, nobody needs to know.

Who is the practical joker in the locker room?

Left Alone, they do all kinds of crazy stunts and pranks, just so players will leave them alone

How many seasons will it take Moscow to become and dominate force and a cup holder?

1 more season

Pink or brown? Yes, how do you like your steak?

Brown as night

On 10/1/2023 at 12:29 PM, Spartan said:

Presser for the new week!

1. Thankfully I was in the playoffs in the M and we won it!! So I was plenty busy

2. I was cheering for the Legion just based on prior history,

3. Well I'm not part of the team but if I was....... something to do with lamb's blood and symbol on the floor along with a hockey stick and gloves lol.

4. Probably the blue line.

5. To just play decently well, it'll take time for the team to mesh.

6. By running the Moscow Menace.

Team presser 10/15

1. What type of player do you have or working towards? Role model, enforcer?

2. The team is going to be young and grow together. I like this idea, do you?

3. What is the one thing our GM needs to improve in the locker room?

4. What motivates you to even be in this league? I like to make new friends.

5. Do you have any plans during the off-season break?

6. What is a bad habit you want to stop doing?

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Team presser 10/15

1. Definitely an Enforcer, but don’t doubt his abilities elsewhere! 

2. I’m very excited to see this new generation of Moscow players grow into an eventual contender

3. As long as the players are LR active, we will be good!

4. I just enjoy hockey and this gives me the ability to talk to other people who like hockey. 

5. Get back on my consistent earning track!

6. Not updating :(

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Team presser 10/15

1) I guess a role model, a scorer is what I really am trying to build

2) I LOVE this idea, it helps build up the locker room I think too

3) More games together aside from just Apex ;)

4) The league is fun and so far the people I have interacted with have also been great.

5) Not really

6) Not doing all the TPE tasks...I keep going hard then tailing off.

13 hours ago, Steve said:

Team presser 10/15

1. Role model, i feel like it’s the most important way to be :)

2. A young team is always good but it’s even better when they can grow and get that chemistry better!

3. Spartan will be able to make the locker room fun, just have to make sure it’s active and it’s awesome.

4. I like to talk to a lot of different people and it’s nice to watch my player perform and make his own story.

5. Not much, just keep earning tpe and working hard.

6. Smoking lol

What type of player do you have or working towards? Role model, enforcer?

I'm unsure of this yet. I'm just concentrating on earning and will eventually pick a path.

The team is going to be young and grow together. I like this idea, do you?

Well in theory it's nice and as long as management can keep users invested, it may work.

What is the one thing our GM needs to improve in the locker room?

More titty posts wouldn't hurt. I feel like I'm in a Mormon chat room.

What motivates you to even be in this league? I like to make new friends.

Well now that you've asked that, I may need to consider how much time I waste here. Retirement post incoming.

Do you have any plans during the off-season break?

None whatsoever. Once my team is out of the playoffs, my brain hibernates from all things VHL except for getting my TPE earnt.

What is a bad habit you want to stop doing?

Staring at boobs in public.

What type of player do you have or working towards? Role model, enforcer?

My career will be described as "the reverse phoenix",  I will fly in all shiny n shit, but crash down to the ground and turn into enforcer - never starting to shine again.

The team is going to be young and grow together. I like this idea, do you?

With the help of modern medicine players can remain younger for longer, I just hope rookies mistakes are still tolerated during the "veteran" years.

What is the one thing our GM needs to improve in the locker room?

Less rumors about free agency market

What motivates you to even be in this league? I like to make new friends.

When I show my articles to the old bag - I sometimes get a like. Here I sometimes get two likes.

Do you have any plans during the off-season break?

Gotta work hard and get ready for the rookie season, I must shine brightly like a star or the sun early on.

What is a bad habit you want to stop doing?

Eating without pants on