Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. The team has been shaping up due to most of the team has been earning. What are you thoughts going into the season? Playoffs? Too soon? I think we will be fighting for the last playoff spot, especially if we get a nice start to the season. Keep earning points in each game, players pushing forward at a fair pace, should be possible!
2. Do you have any regrets about what position you created? I have had 2 dmen and 2 centers. I really like dmen, thoughts? No regrets, I also try to create players for different positions, never created a goalie though.
3. With the new year comes a new beginning. Do you have any plans on changing the way you do something? Job, car, new bf/gf? I am going to ask the old bag to help ne with point tasks, so we have more things to talk about around the dinner table.
4. What is my favorite 6 point task? Graphics!
5. What task do you like the most? Media spots perhaps, writing is fun and the 500 word requirement is not so bad.
6. Do you have any "New Years" resolutions? I aim to meet and get to know more of the team.  Do everything a little better than last year, we shall see where that leads!

Presser for the week ending 1/14

1. If the top team is a Ferrari, what car would Moscow be?
2. Making the playoffs would be a good step for the team, do you agree?
3. Do you have any great ideas about recruitment? 
4. Are you an anime fan? If so, what do you like?
5. What is a "Menace" and why do we have a bearded king for a logo?
6. On a scale from 1 to 10, how much does Spartan suck?
7. What player on the team do you think will have a breakout season? 

4. What is my favorite 6 point task?

All of them because you love earning TPE so much.
5. What task do you like the most?

Podcasts by far, it's just mentally easier. I write so much in my job anyway.
6. Do you have any "New Years" resolutions? I aim to meet and get to know more of the team. 

Do a PT every week!

On 12/31/2023 at 8:02 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 1/7/24

1. The team has been shaping up due to most of the team has been earning. What are you thoughts going into the season? Playoffs? Too soon?
2. Do you have any regrets about what position you created? I have had 2 dmen and 2 centers. I really like dmen, thoughts?
3. With the new year comes a new beginning. Do you have any plans on changing the way you do something? Job, car, new bf/gf? 
4. What is my favorite 6 point task?
5. What task do you like the most?
6. Do you have any "New Years" resolutions? I aim to meet and get to know more of the team. 

Happy New Year and always stay safe 

1. Realistically I'd really hope we can make a playoff push this season. 4 forwards and 3 defensemen are over 600 TPE with a goalie around 550 TPA for opening day. But if not, we know we just need to keep grinding.

2. Not really, I think I'm still young in my career and have had some success here and there which is keeping me going. Maybe I'll regret it if I suck in the VHL.

3. I've kicked off the new year with a new apartment so there's that. Might be a lot of lifestyle adjustments in the process as well which I'm totally open to!

4. Podcasting? Job pay??? I think you could be really good at podcasts and you'd be great in any league job if you were up to it.

5. Personally I like VHL.com articles since I can do a thoughts dump each week in as many or little words as I please. I never write under 150 so its the easiest task to me.

6. I don't do resolutions. Improvement is daily, resolutions are meant to be broken. Everyone should try to be a little better every day.

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Shoot I did the wrong week just now. REDO time.

1. A tesla circa 2013? Really good but everyone just doesn't know it yet!

2. Of course, I think it shows that our development is going well and that we're in a good spot in our rebuild.

3. I'm not much of an ideas person really. Not the most creative guy, but fairly rational/logical to solve problems as needed.

4. I don't know if I'd be a fan really, but I've enjoyed Naruto and One Piece. Haven't watched much else really.

5. Menaces to society. That's all. Bearded king, I've got no fucking clue.

6. 11. I don't know how anyone tolerates me!

7. I think Axle Gunner could have a top 10 forward season with the work he's been putting in. Maybe OSCB as a defenseman as well? Lot of potential all around the roster.

16 hours ago, Steve said:

1. Volkswagen bug, nice and comfortable and people like to meme on us but cant ignore us

2. making playoffs is always a big step for any team, it shows you are capable of being with the best

3. none, i am a pretty socially inept person. the thought of talking with more is scary to me T.T

4. not as much as i used to be but code geass and re: zero are my favorites

5. i picture it like the cossack king from the old jack frost short from long long ago. hes a menace for how he treats a people but a king who wields great power

6. 10, biggest sucker i know

7. i dont know anyone on the menace really as i only just joined the E so im saying my player alexandros mograine will pop off on cologne

A car? Please, Moscow's mode of transportation would be a 60 year old bicycle.

I'd be hesitant for success that early, as a poor performance might instill some doubt into the players.

No, not really. It's a niche market so we really do rely on word of mouth or some weirdo stumbling upon a reddit post etc.

Fuck no. Anime sucks. No offence if you enjoy it, but I just don't get it.

I have no idea, but the logo is cool regardless. I think the team was created in the "illiteration era".

Negative 12. How dare you sully the name of our fearless leader!

Any given player can bust out if given the right circumstances. Whoever performs the best, will enjoy the spoils.

Volvo of some sorts,  made from solid pieces, gets you where you want to go.

I agree! I think we have a good chance in getting there this year, especially after a hot start.

Contact animal rescue centers and ask if any of the animals are able to use a computer,  if we don't have to teach the animals how to use the computers - I think we are halfway to having new members for VHL!

Not really, I have not followed the scene.

I always pictured the king being a hated small-town king who went to other villages to steal food and other items, the "Menace" name came from him showing his bare ass to whoever was chasing him. They could never catch him, he was a Menace.

I don't think there are levels to sucking, you either suck or you don't. Tough to say if Spartan sucks, they are doing their best in sucking and not sucking, that is all you can ask for.

Presser for the week ending 1/21

1. We are off and running. Are you surprised at our fast start?
2. After the dust settles, what position will we place?
3. Are you more excited to earn when we are winning?
4. Should we look for a player to fill a gap or two and just go for it this season?
5. What team/teams do you think will really push us this season?
6. It's so early but it looks like the EU is going to be stronger than the NA, you agree?

1 hour ago, Steve said:

4. Should we look for a player to fill a gap or two and just go for it this season?
6. It's so early but it looks like the EU is going to be stronger than the NA, you agree?

1) I'm surprised yes but pleasantly.

2) Maybe 4th or 5th, somewhere in the middle of the pack.

3) Yes it definitely makes it more fun

4) Just go for it this season, see where things take us

5) Malmo and Helsinki, I have no idea why

6) It's still way too early to tell but it certainly looks like the EU will be stronger

8 hours ago, Steve said:

1. It's not bad to be surprised, but everyone has been putting in the effort to get to this point.

2. I'd be disappointed if we fall out of a playoff spot. I think at worst we should be making the wild card.

3. My motivation to earn doesn't really change regardless of my performance or team success, but I can understand how it affects others. However if you're not earning when you're losing, you're not going to earn the right to win.

4. It's certainly a valid option. The team has cap space and the assets to do something. There's not much need for our draft picks at this point.

5. Really the entire EU outside Davos. Everyone has a strong roster and wants to make the playoffs. It's a tough fight.

6. It's generally been this way for a long time. There's a lot of parity in the EU and most teams have been able to lead the conference at some point in the last 10 seasons.

Never got into it.

A shit disturber of the highest order, similar to the chaos we cause when playing other teams.

Definitely a 10 because he puts full effort into everything, so he's great at sucking.

Olober Syko. Dude will be a stud, so much so that I picked him for the VFHL league. Can you have a breakout season as a rookie?

18 hours ago, Steve said:

1. You guys have been pretty solid to start, got some wins over us! Hope you guys lock in and have a good season!

2. I think you guys could push for playoffs!

3. I feel like it helps but i feel like earning while you lose and then you start winning is the best.

4. Depends on the market and who is Available and where you guys are!

5. Hopefully Warsaw can give you guys a good season series! The games are always close!

6. I think so! Let’s go EU

23 hours ago, Steve said:

1. as far as i was aware the Menace were supposed to be a bottom end team so they are off to a pleasently surprising start and im happy for them

2. from what i am lead to believe they are overperforming so i imagine they will fall a few places, maybe 8th or 9th?

3. winning or losing matter little to me, i'm winning would be nice but also is not a motivator or demotivator. im about having fun

4. i would personally say let the team cook this season and see if you can maintain, going in before you even out could be disastrous. im a cautious person.

5. Malmo and Helsinki are your biggest opposers in conference, if you can win a few against them you are doing good, they are your benchmark this season.

6. calculating the average points for each conference it is 11.25 exactly for both sides so i would actually say both are equal and shows a good level of league parity which is hard to come by

Little bit, things have evened out since, but still such a nice start is something that I was not fully expecting. Nice to see!

3rd in Eu I will say, we will find a nice rhythm and keep taking points.

Winning has the opposite effect on me, I feel bad rubbing it in by earning and possibly winning even more. Feels too much.

Sure, why not if there is some interesting options out there, I am all for trying some interesting angles!

All the teams in EU, all the games against them will be very valuable.

I would say so, we fighting out here, in every game

Yes. I didn't expect Moscow to be any good until Dassler was called up to dominate the VHL.

I think you should tank, so I'll go with last.

No. These days I earn what I can, when I can, regardless of team success.

I don't get paid enough to consult on the big decisions.

Everyone in Europe will be a strong rival, as long as you take my tanking advice.

It usually is. Obese North Americans are too busy supersizing their drive-thru meals to concentrate on the discipline required to win. 

Presser for the week ending 1/28

1. We are still leading the EU. Do you think we can hang on to that lead?
2. Do you have any suggestions about how the team can improve?
3. Do I need to add humor in these pressers to make them more stupid?
4. How many pancakes does it take to fix a flat tire on a submarine?
5. I think winning is fun. How do you compare this season to last season?
6. The lines were changed and for the most part it has had a positive impact. Do you have any thoughts about future changes?

25 minutes ago, Steve said:

6. The lines were changed and for the most part it has had a positive impact. Do you have any thoughts about future changes?

1) I thought we'd be middle of the pack so this is a pretty nice surprise. Would be nice to see us hang around up top for a bit!

2) Aside from people (myself included) making sure they get all of their TPE I'm not sure.

3) No, they are fine as is

4) I said no but here we go!

5) Winning is definitely more fun, winning in the playoffs is even more fun so lets get there

6) Not really, I just let you guys handle that stuff.

8 hours ago, Steve said:

1. I think we can't get complacent and have to keep earning to maintain our growth.

2. Fire the GM tbh

3. I think they're good as is, you do a great job!

4. My fingers and brain are too frozen to figure this out.

5. Both seasons provided a lot of value. Last season let us grow and develop with more draft picks. Winning shows us what we do right and wrong.

6. I'll keep all of that a secret for now!

8 hours ago, nerji said:

1.  I think so.  Since my inception into the league, Moscow has always seemed to have a winning pedigree and looking at your roster, now and in the future, I feel y'all will be great for some time.

2.  Not sure.  There is some youth on d and in net but it seems to be working overall.  

3.  Humor never hurts.  Maybe some rivalry stuff to add some spice

4. 6.  I think

5. Winning is so much better than losing.  I am not on your club but am currently in E and in second to last.  I would rather win games and be competitive than win any kind of individual trophy. 

6. Hmmmm.  I think the most important change is whenever you play Vancouver next year, you pull all the defense and let Ninefingers score at will!!   LOL.  I am excited for the Wolves vs Moscow rivalry.  Some great young talent coming and hopefully we can make these games nasty and fun.

Thanks for letting me crash the PC this week.

I believe we've already filled that gap now. I think @Spartan  is savvy enough to still keep an ear to the ground in case an opportunity comes up that he cannot pass on.

Malmo are looking really dangerous. 

I think the EU is more competitive with better teams top to bottom. The NA is quite top-heavy.

16 hours ago, Steve said:

1. I think you guys can, you have had a great start compared to the last season and it is cool to see the vision play out!

2. I think you guys should just roll with it and see what happens!

3. haha only if you want, I find these ones the best and easiest to answer if I don't do my own teams!

4. 64, maybe 64 and a half. 

5. lots more winning for you guys, even for us in Warsaw. games are closer and are more fun

6. Only change if you get into a long slump IMO, sometimes it can take a bit for the line to cook.

On 1/21/2024 at 7:35 AM, Steve said:

1. this far in you have to believe its possible to remain top 3 at least.

2. i struggle to remember my name sometimes you don't want my advice

3. more stupid is always good

4. 4 elephants

5. winning more will always be better then winning less in terms of fun but me personally winning means little in the grand scheme of things

6. i feel like giving Alexandros Mograine 10 billion dollars would improve our lines

It will be tough, but Moscow has already shown the ability to do so, therefore....Yes.

Get rid of the GM, he's dragging the team down.

Only if you feel it's necessary or you are having a tough time coming up with questions.

Trick question. Pancakes aren't allowed on Submarines!

As a minor leaguer, I have little to compare it to at the VHL level. Winning sure beats losing though.

When I stage my coup and take over as Moscow GM, I will have more to say about future lines and roster moves.

We are the best Russian team in the league, and that is what matters the most, especially if you want to be the best Russian team in the league.

Open tryouts for the fans, maybe we find someone who is able to play and help the team?

Not necessarily, but I think you should ask question or two in Chinese to please the fans in China.

As many as it takes.

What do we have to look forward to next? Yea we win some cups, but what then? I think its time for a rebuild, so we got more to look forward to.

Take the goalie out on the powerplay, but have the extra skater protect the net. When the PK throws the puck into our zone, the extra skater is probably a lot better getting the puck up the ice than our goalie = more chances to score on the powerplay.